IKEA Employee Reviews in United States

Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 26, 2016
great opportunities , great benefits, a lot of great appreciation. very flexible with school schedules
Tedious but Enjoyable Place To Work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJuly 26, 2016
This job is a typical retail job. I was a cashier and I enjoyed providing customer service to the customers. The company was one of the absolutely BEST places I have worked. People are respectful and generally friendly making it pleasant. There is room for movement and growth and you are able to move around the company and change jobs. The benefits are awesome. The people I worked with are the most enjoyable part of the job. The pay was pretty good as well. Highly recommend this company.
Pros
work environment is awesome, pay is decent, room for growth
Cons
timeliness of job, late nights of retail environment
Great employee incentives
Store/Payroll Accountant (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CA / Carson, CAJuly 21, 2016
IKEA is great place to work. I would work there again if there were one closer to my home. There were a lot of meetings with employee incentives included making it enjoyable.
Great Work Environment
Safety and Security/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2016
Great place to work ! Always great energy from staff and visitors. Sometimes I don't even realize its work because all the fun I have.
Pros
GREAT ENERGY
Fun but hard work
Sales Team Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 16, 2016
The work is fun but it is hard work. Always fast paced and it is easy to be overwhelmed by the number of people. The co-workers are great, but the management has a hard time communicating.
NIce and understanding place to work
Self-Serve Coworker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2016
They pay well for an entry level job with little experience. They work well with your schedule, and have different levels that determine your amount of hours, giving you a minimum amount of hours to always look forward to. Fun and fast paced place to work.
Pros
Very cheap meals. Encourages diversity. Plenty of breaks.
Great benefits but need better training for managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 12, 2016
Great benefits especially for a part time coworker but the management team was replaced on the regular and job security is close to none. The turn over was too high and the management team knew less than the coworkers.
Pros
Discount, discount on lunches, benefits
Cons
Management team unprepared and lacking efficient training
A very burdensome workplace.
Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 12, 2016
A very fast paced and intense place to work at. I personally do recommend for freshly high school graduates to apply at IKEA, its a good place to start at.
IKEA has a culture that allows its employess to grow and share their knowledge and strengths
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 11, 2016
IKEA is an employer like no other I have ever seen. Each employee is given the respect and training as every manager. IKEA believes in investing in their employees and promotes growth from within.
Pros
work life balance, benefits, salary
Cons
Diverse company with lots of opportunity for career advancement
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2016
A great company for those of you that would love to travel abroad. Lots of opportunity to move and work in different jobs. Advancement opportunities are plentiful. Great work/life balance. Culture of creativity, diversity, and individual thought are appreciated.
love working there, great communication and co workers are helpful
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 6, 2016
It was a great working environment and loved the way the employees interacted with everybody. We got the daily task completed on time while enjoying each other's company. The managers were not always down your throat, they allowed to do your job and prosper on your own. If you needed help the employees were really helpful in assisting anyone in need of it.
Ikea!
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJuly 6, 2016
great place great people! very organized organization that cares for not only the customers but for the coworkers. I enjoy IKEA and have recommend to my friends.
productive work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Essex, MDJuly 6, 2016
i loved working for taco bell. we had great customers, and also great employees. i have experience in working in a fast paced environment so i enjoyed working for taco bell.
Great Company to Work for
Business Navigation Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 5, 2016
IKEA is a great company to work with strong values, favorable work/life balance, and a good compensation package including affordable benefits for even part-time coworkers.
Benefits
Cons
Working weekends
It was a fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2016
over the years that I worked at Ikea ,there were many chagalles that came with everday work.my time there i learned something new everyday
Pros
reduced lunch, benifitts
Cons
short breaks, managment
Productive and fun workplace
Corporate Communications Co-op (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJuly 1, 2016
Excellent company to be employed at. Took good care of employees.Truly a great place to work with friendly co-workers and helpful managers.
Fun Place to be
Frontline Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 29, 2016
IKEA of Orlando is a fun place to be if you like working with people who enjoy their job. There is always something new to learn and you never get board as there are so many places to move around to within the store.
Great Place to work and great people.
Fork lift operator / home delivery prep. (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 29, 2016
Out of all my time there I only had and issue with one manager other than that it was a great experience if only I didnt have to move out of state.
Pros
everything was great in my perspective
Cons
can't point out a con only that their not available every where
A nice place to learn
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sweden, NYJune 27, 2016
Woking with IKEA in IBM helped me to learn about varios streams in Retail Industry

A very friendly environment.

A place for freshers to get knowledge.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
short breaks
Early Morning replenishment of the showrooms
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 26, 2016
I was in charge of opening the facility early in the morning to replenish the show room before opening. I managed 25 employees.
Pros
Great working envirnment
Cons
Early morning work hours