IKEA

IKEA Employer Reviews

very diversifed fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Westampton, NJNovember 20, 2014
Pros: pay, vacations, benifits
i had the best experience working there at ikea. the management were very professional gave great feedback and cared for the employees
A fun and exciting place to work!
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 20, 2014
A typical work day at IKEA involves a lot of customer interaction as well as attending to the task at hand which is to make IKEA the best home furnishing store in the world. I've learned a lot of core values with my time at IKEA such as togetherness&enthusiasm,leadership by example and cost consciousness.
Enjoyed Workin here
Frontline Cashier (Former Employee), Emeryville, CANovember 20, 2014
Pros: busy and fun
Cons: tenpted to buy all the furniture all the time
Great place to work! Always a lot of customers and I enjoyed looking at and purchasing new furniture on my off days.
Fun work place, where everyone is willing and ready to help not only customers, but co-workers
Home Organization and Sales Representative (Former Employee), College Park, MDNovember 16, 2014
Pros: fun work place, great discounts for co-workers in food and merchandise
Cons: wearing the yellow shirt.
A typical day at work for me starts around 10am, where I review what has come in from the loading dock, and on to the flow. Checking carefully, I make sure all Ikea products are placed in there proper place and ready for customer and manager approval. While working at Ikea, I've learned a great deal about team work, time management, and most of all, – more... patience. My co-workers are amazing, and deserve credit in helping me along in the process to become a vital part of the Ikea workforce and family. Examples of this is them taking the time out of their busy day to show me the ins and outs of making sure I know how to go about my daily duties, such as printing signs to guide customers to desired products, and helping locate any reading materials that the customers need to make an educated and informed decision. The hardest part about my job is coming to the realization that I can't be superman and do everything by myself. The most enjoyable part about my job is seeing my co-workers, and customers happy. – less
A corporation that truly cares about its employees
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), WOODBRIDGE,VANovember 12, 2014
Everyone is extremely nice, and IKEA PROVIDES GREAT BENEFITS TO THEIR EMPLOYEES!
Not enough work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Centennial, CONovember 11, 2014
temp on site but on call, if they don't kno u, it will be hard to get a truck.
Special Customer
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VaNovember 10, 2014
Pros: 401k, benefits in ico-worker, hourly salary
Cons: breaks
I was serving a customer some hot dogs and unexpectedly, she grabbed my hand and told me that I have a great heart and a positive mindset; my smile and attitude shows it all. I decided to write about this because this was a moment that really opened my eyes and made me realize that people notice the small things you do and if my coworkers and I keep – more... bringing positive attitudes to work, people will enjoy coming more often. The hardest part is dealing with a customer who is already having a rough day and is trying to ruin your own. Besides that, I love helping others and I believe making customers happy is the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
Large retail company that cares about employees
Recovery Co-Worker (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VANovember 5, 2014
Although it is a large international retail company they involve their co-workers and make them have a voice. They also provide great opportunity to gain various experience in different aspects of the business.
Flexibility
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Frisco, TXNovember 3, 2014
It is retail you have to be flexible in your schedule.

The structure of how to move up in the company is hard because there are a lot of random promotions that were not gained through merit.
A fun place to work in.
Safety & Security, Team Leader (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 2, 2014
Pros: great discounts.
Cons: to long to fin a parking spot.
To apprehend shoplifters and conduct our assigned audits. To maintain the safetyof our clients and employees alike.
Great coworkers and room for advancement
Customer Service / Home Delivery (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 2, 2014
Pros: bad scheduling, physically demanding
Cons: the experience i learned from there, the benefits and the products
I worked in returns and customer service for 9 1/2 years and my job required me to be not only a cashier, home delivery personnel, cart attendant, greeter and merchandise handler. I learned about OSHA regulations and record keeping of the home deliver slips, performed basic office skills and the use of manual pallet jacks and lifting 20-100 lb boxes – more... on a daily basis. The management needs to improve on scheduling people according to the high sale weeks and needs improvement on management and coworker relations. The hardest part was dealing the irate customers but, I've worked in debt collections before so I was able to handle the stressful times of customer service. My most enjoyable was meeting different people from all over the world, my friends who I consider family that I met there and the benefits were great! – less
IKEA food
IKEA FOOD (Former Employee), BELFASTNovember 2, 2014
Pros: leaving, and never to return.
I worked part time in the food department in Belfast for about a month. The management were something else. 10 minutes before I was due to start my shift, somebody crashed into my car. I was hysterical and had to attend the hospital. I rang work as soon as I could to explain. On returning to my next shift a few days later I was met with no sympathy. – more... They professed that the incident still counted as sickness.

I was packing out the frozen stuff and I was cold. I asked for a jumper. They told me it was £17, I decided not to bother. I asked if I could bring my own plain navy one, they refused.

I actually got out of the car on a shift and vomited. They had me scrubbing industrial pots and trays with a wallpaper scraper. I was peeling back layer after layer of garlic meat balls. All of those specimens were lingering in the sink. And despite wearing two pairs of gloves, my hands still became waterlogged. Aside from that it was cleaning bins, floors, dishes, making hot dogs. Oh and I couldn't forget about how dirty and stinking my face got from using the fryers. My hair required constant washing after a shift. My clothes stunk. They only gave you the one shirt, so too bad if you got any of that lovely meat ball sauce on it! They had me wheeling 20 stone food trolleys packed out with fancy cakes. The kitchen floor was so greasy, I had no grip on my work boots. I asked for better boots, they said no. I thought to myself in my head if I fall on this floor and if I injure myself I will be looking back to this negligence and their duty of care to provide safe equipment!

All in all it was an unpleasant job to say the least. The whole outfit was rather amusing, you would have thought that they were running a hospital the way they got on. STAY AWAY FROM IKEA FOOD, unless you have a very thick skin to horrible remarks, bad attitude and disgusting work. Which I don't. – less
Great company culture
HR Generalist (Current Employee), Stockholm, USANovember 2, 2014
Pros: $3 lunches, pto paid out upon termination
Cons: growth beyond the local store level
IKEA offers a great company culture that allows employees of all levels to make a meaningful contribution; its called freedom with responsibility. As a part of the culture, IKEA is very socially responsible and that translates into how employees are treated; including paying hourly employees well above the national minimum wage, offering comprehensive – more... benefits for full-time employees, a rediculous amount of paid time off, and many internal promotions.

However, with any company, some challenges reside with how managment chooses to interpret the company values. There are good managers and better managers. With IKEA being so heavy on internal promotions, employees are often promoted before they are professionally mature leading to a lot of unhappy employees who are now taking direction from an unproven and unqualified leader. – less
NA
safety and security/ receptionist (Former Employee), Conshohocken, PAOctober 30, 2014
ok pay, no advancements, poor management
safety and security one of the worse departments in the store bad manager etc
Production Oracle Database Administrator
Production Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee), Frisco, TXOctober 30, 2014
• Upgraded databases from 9i (9.2.0.8) to 10g (10.2.0.3/4) and 10g (10.2.0.4) to 11g (11.1.0.6) versions using DBUA and manual upgrades. Experience applying quarterly CPU patches one-off patches using OPatch Utility.
• Experience working with Oracle Advanced features like Oracle Streams (setup and administration), Data Guard setup and Failover procedures.
 – more... Setup of Bi-directional and Uni-directional replication, Replication at table level and Schema level.
• Design and Planning security guidelines for database structures and schema applying the Least Privilege Principle.
• Administration and Verification of Backup procedures and backup failures using RMAN and recovery Catalog. Integration of Backups with Media management layer tools like Legato, Tivoli and Symantec Netbackup.
• Experience implementing Restore and Recovery strategies using RMAN cold/Hot backups and cloning databases using RMAN duplicate.
• Performance Monitoring and Tuning at Instance level, Database level, OS level and Query level using Oracle diagnostic tools like Explain plan, STATSPACK, AWR, Tuning Advisors like SGA/Shared Pool/PGA tuning advisors etc.
• Implemented different Table partitioning schemes like Range Partitioning, Hash Partitioning, List partitioning etc. – less
Hot
Line Chef (Former Employee), Paramus, NJOctober 30, 2014
Cons: short breaks
Working as a hot line chef in Ikea was indeed fun. Though I may have burned myself a few times it was still fun. Preparing the food making sure its cooked properly was most important. Next was the customer service, fast paced taking an customers order and giving them their plate. Sadly they could only get what was in the combos and could never switch – more... things in their meal. But i'm only a worker i just follow orders. The hot line was just that, hot. standing behind multiple foods with the steam blowing in your face, the ovens blasting at it's top temperature. No matter where you went there was heat which made it all the more fast paced and all the more exciting. – less
a fun work plays
plocker (Former Employee), Perryville, MDOctober 30, 2014
Pros: you were abale to win prizs
Cons: call out sick with a doctors note didnt matter to them they wanted you there no matter what
getting on fork lift palat jack and going down rows and picking product to be ship out
Friendly workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, simple repetitive work, good benefits
Cons: discounts
Enjoyed working here because most the workers were helpful and welcoming. Learned a lot about organization and counting large amounts of cash. Management was always there to help. There was not much of a challenge working here, just have to be very accurate with your money.
Great job
SAles (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXOctober 25, 2014
Pros: great manager, free lunch on red peak
Cons: gossip, attitude
I loved working for IKEA. It was the only job that i was actually ready to go to work. I didn't dread going to work each day. I was pregnant when i started working there and the manager was great and understood and actually cared about my health and the health of my unborn child. The only thing i didn't like was when i came back after having my baby – more... one of the guys treated me like (insert word here) and didn't understand what was going on with me. I quit my job due to a family member being in the hospital on her death bed. A very great place to work as long as you get the right manager. I enjoyed my short stay there and would love to go back when and if i can later on. Loved working in Textiles. great part of the store! Thanks IKEA for giving me the opportunity to work with a great company – less
good company to work for
Front line cashier (Former Employee), Charlotte,NCOctober 24, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: hours were inconsistent
On a typical day I wrung up customers purchases and kept registers clean. I learned how to deal with people and customer service skills. The most enjoyable part of my job was the %15 discount! The hardest part of the job was dealing with crowds when we were short staffed.

1 2 3 4 5

About IKEA

IKEA is a Swedish company registered in the Netherlands that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture (such as beds, chairs, – Read more