IKEA Employee Reviews

Found 1,268 reviews matching the search
Awesome place to work
Cashier/Cart Attendant (Current Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CAJune 28, 2017
I do highly recommend to work in this place this is a great place to work you will have a great time not all league with the employee ease and also the Custer murders
Pros
Discounts on meals and products
Cons
Great benefits
Great place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 27, 2017
IKEA was a fantastic place to work for. When I worked as a cashier I was also cross trained in returns, carts and Smaland, so I was almost always doing something different. The best parts about working at IKEA is the discounted meals, generous amount of PTO & sick time, and the family like atmosphere among the coworkers. The downfall is not having enough hours. I worked as HL2 which is rated 20-32 hours a week. I depended on 32 hours a week. During the summer I was able to get that and more, but after peak I would be dropped down to 20-25 hours a week.
Pros
Discounted meals, family like atmosphere with coworkers, room for advancement, benefits.
Cons
Shortage of hours
Dealing with customer complaint
Customer Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  TWJune 27, 2017
With one year of experience as a customer service assistance, I have learned to effectively understand and resolve customer issues. On a related note, I also have strong communication skills, which helps me work well with customers, team members, and executives.
Exclusive
In-Store Supply Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 26, 2017
There is no inclusion amongst all work groups. Although the store hasn't been open long the processes that have been into place are just not working..
Company with a Solid Set of Core Values
Sales Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 22, 2017
Ikea as a company is pretty amazing. They strive to not only create a positive working experience for the associates, they also set incredibly high industry standards for fair treatment of the people that produce the product on a global level.

On a store level, there are pros and cons. I worked in one of the older stores with an established management team. On one hand there's a lot of experience to tap in to. On the other hand, some people can be resistant to change. There can be some issues in regard to politicking, but that is common in every retailer. Overall, I had a supportive Store Manager, so that was a big plus.

The work load was heavy, and often times I felt like I was left to my own devices. I was definitely putting in 50-60 hours/week for a while just to get my department in order. We had a high volume store, and customers were not very considerate. Burn out is very real. Some of the other managers had to take leave due to strain of the demand.

There was very little work-life balance. Your schedule is all over the place, so consistency is non-existent. However, IKEA as a company is taking active measures to address those issues, so it will be interesting to see what that looks like going forward.

Overall, IKEA is the only company that I've worked for that I would go back to.
Pros
Great company culture, opportunities for advancement, great benefits
Cons
Issues with work-life balance, very demanding
Great place to work, but few chance for advancement
Sales Coworker (Current Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CAJune 21, 2017
As a sales coworker, a typical day consists of generally organizing the inventory, picking out damaged items, checking replenishment for the next day, thinking what is the best way to present certain featured products.
To me the most enjoyable part of the job is to talk with customers and being able to assist them in their buying decision.
There is definitely room for upward mobility but talking with fellow coworkers who had been there longer, the opportunity is very few and takes serious work to be noticed but upper management.
Pros
Discounts, 401K, benefits, health care, paid time off, open communication with management
Cons
few upward mobility, repetitive task, gets boring fast
Ikea
Swedish Food Market Cashier (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 21, 2017
For the most part IKEA is a good job. People are friendly in the company. The benefits are amazing. Unfortunately the one issue I have had with the company is that it has changed so much over the last 10 years. Some times unsure if the changes are good or bad. I have enjoyed working at IKEA.
My Family
Front Line Cashier (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDJune 20, 2017
Ikea was a family to me. Since moving to US by myself without any family Ikea family has treated me very fairly and everyone is friendly and generous.
Pros
free seminars, inscentives for number of years employment & a lot more...
Cons
only an Ikea per state at least...
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Mantenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicJune 20, 2017
Es una excelente empresa para aprender y crecer como profesional
Pros
Oportunidades de crecimiento
Cons
Mucha presion de trabajo y muchos jefes dando ordenes
Good Pay and Excellent Benefits; Nice People throughout the store.
In Flow Co-worker (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDJune 20, 2017
IKEA is a great place to work. Management encourages you to better yourself through training and working with and getting along with other co-workers in and out of your assigned department.
Benefits
Cons
Mostly Physical Work
Nice place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJJune 20, 2017
They have great benefits. Even though having to work weekends isn't the best thing about it. But eventually you can change your schedule as you gain seniority.
Best Job I've had!
Sales Coordinator - Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 19, 2017
I know this is the best company I have worked for. I worked at IKEA for 8 years. I only left because I was moving and they did not have a location where I was moving. I am currently try to get a job at IKEA!
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
The uniforms are not that flattering.
Great place to work, with plenty of advancement opportunities
Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJune 19, 2017
Fast paced each and every weekend, glacial pin between. Managers seem truly motivated to create a positive and fair work environment, but often fall short of providing their co-workers the tools and clarity of expectations needed to do their jobs. As a socialist Swedish company - they create an open, tolerant, and diverse workplace - with unparalleled hourly pay, health benefits, paid time off, and even pet insurance!
Pros
generous employee discount, $3 co-worker meals
Cons
people could smile more often;)
Great Company to work for
Warehouse Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 18, 2017
I love ikea, the culture, the perks, life and home balance, great deals as an employee. Unfortunately I had to seek other work to be able to sustain myself. otherwise I would have never left
Very high school environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 17, 2017
Working at ikea can have its perks but the environment is very childish and high schooly. The managers don't really take your feelings or opinions into consideration unless it's a coworker with higher authority than them. I learned how to be a more diverse person and learned many different aspects within ikea. The management although sucks because they tend to favor other coworkers more and give them more breathing space than others. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting no people and making a reasonable amount of money.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits
Cons
Terrible management, High school environment
Working for Ikea was great.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2017
IKEA was a great place to work for. They treat their employees all the same whether your'e part time or full time. All the staff are welcoming and knowledgeable. The training was great and I understood my job.
Produtive n fun work place
SPO Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 15, 2017
Worked as a team work in a timely fashion build furniture and deliver iteam in a timely fashion long breaks great customer service great work place and people to work with
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Mangement
Great Place to work
Certified Kitchen Seller (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 14, 2017
IKEA has wonderful values that are shown through their commitment to employees. IKEA offers great benefits and promotes heavily within. They are dedicated to their employees and their customers.
Pros
Discount, flexibility, co-worker meal, training & development
Cons
holidays and weekends
Dont remember
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, MDJune 14, 2017
This was a long time ago and im sure things have changed. It was alot of clicks and management had there favorites. I like staying to myself and thats not always good. I learned alot about high call volumn atmospheres
Overnight Logistics Worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 13, 2017
Working over night had it's perks but the management could have used some work. They did have plenty things for coworkers such as free breakfast occasionally, rallies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval