IKEA Employee Reviews

Found 1,356 reviews matching the search
Best job I've had yet!
Ikea co-worker (Current Employee) –  Spanaway, WAAugust 17, 2017
Great place to work. Benefits are great. The culture/values are great. Only criticism I would give is that some of the management could use some training on their leadership skills. For the most part I am very happy working for this company and am looking forward to continuing my career with Ikea.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 17, 2017
Fun environment and relaxed atmosphere. A lot of room for growth and advancement. If you work hard and take the time to learn about the products and people it's easy to succeed
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Retail
A enjoyable and competitive workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebec, CAAugust 16, 2017
I really enjoyed working for IKEA. I enjoyed the coworkers and managers both and for such a big company you never felt like you were just a number and there was always someone around willing to help if you needed it.
Overall, a good place to work.
Restaurant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 16, 2017
The benefits are great and the co-workers were, generally, great to work with. The company does have a "European" culture which can, especially to an American worker, seem like an effort to force employees to be friendly and Scandinavian egalitarianism can seem merely to reinforce, however inadvertently, the hierarchy. On the positive side, there are chances for advancement in order to move up that hierarchy.
Pros
Good Benefits, friendly co-workers
Cons
European Culture can be a bit off-putting
Ikea Atlanta
Kitchen Seller and Retail Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2017
There is no positive business direction or business drive. Seasoned, knowledgeable workers/managers are constantly let go and replaced by inexperience. Dedication is never rewarded. It's a horrible place to be. Employees work so hard and are treated like lesser beings. You're a great applicant but once accept the position, you're immediately a lesser employee.
Pros
Cons
Pay check and benefits
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLAugust 15, 2017
It's physical job! It's always a job were you use power tools. But overall it's a great place to work. You have a great balance of life and work balance.
What happened to Old IKEA
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDAugust 15, 2017
I used to love coming to work but with the changes happening in the workplace, I am ready to move on. The managers are un-educated and need more training. They are bias and not for the employee.
Pay Was Good
Dining Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 14, 2017
I was paid $13/hr working at IKEA but I was through a temp agency. It was fun seeing all the customers flock in for food and the laughter of children playing.
Pros
Seeing happy customerd
Cons
Discounts and managment
Cool Place to work
Sales - Kitchen Seller (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company, it was only due to distance that made me choose a different path in regards to my career. I enjoy the work atmosphere.
Great Culture
Department Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2017
The culture at Ikea is fun, diverse, and extremely productive. I truly enjoyed working there and learning so much. I was able to expand on so many skills and abilities.
Excellent Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 13, 2017
IKEA Paramus is a great place to work with outstanding benefits and many other attractive features. The variety of jobs and likable coworkers allows for pleasant work days.
Sales
Showroom Sales (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 12, 2017
Need product knowledge on material, learn about the designers and their products. Sales, Friendly work environment, work life balance,
better pay than most retail companies.
productive and skillful
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 12, 2017
you must be productive and skillful when it comes to sales as well as able to sell the product the customer is interested in. Anybody that knows IKEA knows that it can be confusing at times when it comes to explaining to customers that items do come in multiple pieces and can be found is separate locations. Must be able to be very detail oriented.
Pros
great time working with others and assisting customers
Cons
doesn't pay very well for the knowlege you must remember
fast paced
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2017
i like working here its very fast paced keeps me busy and love learning new things and gaining new experience.I love how while working you meet new people and they're willing to help you grow in different areas if interested
Pros
great food and benefits
Cons
no overtime
Safety & Security (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 11, 2017
I could honestly say that I enjoy coming into work every day. Great benefits, great workplace, work life balance, competitive pay.

It is hard to first get into the company, but once you're in the possibility of transferring to other departments is very likely
Could be a good place but managers play favorites
Frontline Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 11, 2017
Worked here for over a year while part time coworkers and coworkers from other departments passed me up for leadership roles. The first time it was because I didnt know enough about IKEA. After spending a year sponging up every bit of knowledge I was passed up and the job was given to someone who had never set foot in out department. Bad management, good place to work if you are just looking for a job.
Learned a great deal with management
Restaurant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2017
Prepping all day. Running upstairs banquets, takeout, orders, opening and closing were typical days.

Learned how to utilize my help to manage my day and get ahead.
Great professionalism and very upbeat.

Hardest part was holiday call outs when crew would get sick.
Pros
respect
Cons
underpaid
leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2017
Be ready to work week ends. Slow to advance from with in. New store manager is great. New training program s available too those who would like to advance themselves. A structured but non structure d environment where one can express self starter qualities along with an attention to the over all team goals.
Pros
Great culture, lunch room
Cons
Retail hours
Productive fun workplace
Self-Serve Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 10, 2017
It's a good place to work. Good company, great pay, good management. Work life balance is unbeatable they are very understanding and will meet you in the middle to make a solution.
Fun work place but can get stressful.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJAugust 9, 2017
Working at IKEA you never knew what kind of day you would have.I could be really slow or it could be really busy.Managers will work with you on working hours.Customers can sometimes be nasty or mean.