IKEA
1,154 reviews

IKEA United States Employee Reviews

Best Job during College
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAApril 16, 2015
Worked here during my time in college enjoyed my time working there was able to work my way up to increased pay. Very competitive work environment to prove your self to management which I enjoyed.
Cashier (Former Employee), philadelphia,paApril 13, 2015
Even though each manager doesn't like the same style of working they are easy to get along with. They are sympathetic to the hours their workers work.Sometimes it can get a little busy but the managers try to come down and help.
Productive and fun to work
After Sales Advisor (Current Employee), White Marsh, MDApril 13, 2015
Great place to work with great people and structure through out the building. Im blessed to be albe to have the chance to work at IKEA.
Not to difficult
Logistics (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 11, 2015
Pros: Discounted prices
Cons: 10 min breaks
The job is not all that difficult, you get up early in the morning and work like any other 1st shift job. I restocked shelves. I learned that boxes can be deceiving. My coworkers are fine, all older than I am, but I expected that. Managers are perfectly fine. The job isn't difficult. I mostly enjoy the short days, and the opportunity to be home by 11 am.
Not a very promising job
FSmaland Co-worker (Current Employee), USAApril 10, 2015
Pros: The benefits, and the pay is alright
Cons: Inconsistent schedule always for full time, hard to move up, management, raises
I sign children in and out of the play area. Everyday I get yelled at by angry customers because their child cannot come in to play because they do not meet the qualifications. The management doesn't seem to understand what we all actually go through on a daily basis and it makes working there much harder. It is almost impossible to move up or get raises. Always understaffed.
Challenging and Educational
Kitchen Cabinet Assembler/Installer (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 10, 2015
Pros: great product
Cons: unorganized, low hours
I am an expert in Scandinavian design cabinetry. I can assemble and install all Ikea products. I have exceptional customer service skills and can operate professionally in a customers home. I enjoy resolving the unique problems that arise in each job. The hardest part of my job is working at the pace of other contractors.
productive, and beneficial
Packing Operator (Former Employee), Ringgold, VAApril 4, 2015
Pros: benefits and management team
Cons: employees and lack of communication with supervision
It was a great job and had great benefits. The management team was great. Teamwork with fellow employee could had been a lot better. Learned how to operate the machines, tcart and labeler. The hardest part of job was no communication. I enjoyed operating the machine and accomplishing hitting the numbers and getting the product into the warehouse at the end of the night.
Those higher up make it a difficult place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Draper, UTMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunch on peak days
Cons: managment
Co-workers are easy to get along with. Management had extreme difficulty with communication, Hours were all over the place. The company as a whole has a great culture
nice place
Customer Service Representative, Cashier (Former Employee), Nottingham, MDMarch 29, 2015
I loved working for Ikea. It was very family oriented. Management was great, the pay was good and overall my 8 years there were fun.
I love IKEA.
Logistics (Former Employee), Covina, CAMarch 26, 2015
IKEA has the best people working there. They strive for customer satisfaction. They strive for a great work/life balance. It's easy to see why IKEA made the Top 500 list of employers to work for.
goal driven
Self Serve Team Leader (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: goal driven
Cons: fast pace
IKEA is a great retailer to work for. This company offers great benefits to its coworkers. As a manager, the foundation that this company has put in place is great for developing co-workers and managers.
It can get a little busy but it had a great outlook on customers and employees
Cashier (Former Employee), East Palo Alto, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: The break room had hot food and vending machines that were affordable.
Cons: Would of liked more hours.
You come into work greeting all your co-workers. Have your day set out for you. I usually worked the cashier area. It was an active job and the customers were always nice. I would ring up their items take their money or credit card. Try to answer all their questions about the products and its location. Items would be sometimes heavy but thankfully there would always be someone around to assist me if I needed help. I enjoyed working there for the short period of time that I was there because Ikea really has there business well put together.
Good Temporary Job but no advancement
Cashier (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: discounted furniture
Cons: short breaks, no schedule flexibility breaks, needed more staffing
A typical day at work would consist of an endless lines of customer waiting to be checked out. It was the most hectic work environment I have encountered at the time due to when IKEA first opened.
IKEA, Not as Good as it looks.
Cashier (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: fellow employees, 15 min breaks, & 15% discount
Cons: no hours for part-time, average pay, feeling like you don't matter at times
1. Only 4-5 hour schedule work shifts, maybe 3 days a week.
2. The pay isn't too bad, but dealing in the crazy world of retail IKEA could offer more.
3. 15% Employee Discount, 3.00 Employee lunch menu, 15 min Breaks, & 30 min lunch breaks (If you work over 6 hours)
4. Some managers are Awesome, but then you have your managers that you can do without.
5. If you ever have an issue at Ikea, don't even waist your time with Human Resource They never do anything.
6. Basically if you are full-time at IKEA then your in good hands. Part-time at IKEA just doesn't cut it to survive. I've seen employees quit, resign, or go elsewhere.
Awesome place, low hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Robinson Township, PAMarch 19, 2015
First, overtime is not available. It is your job to make sure you work no overtime even though managers will ask you to stay later or come in on a day off. Cheap lunches are available.
Great Starting Point... or Ending Point (You Decide)
Safety & Loss Prevention Coordinator (Former Employee), Emeryville, CaMarch 17, 2015
Pros: great benefits, very affordable staff lunches
Cons: i'm not great at pointing out the negative
IKEA has many great qualities. One major attribute is that they happily promote from within the company. They encourage advancement and aim to "groom" individuals for positions that the perspective employee is interested in. IKEA is a huge and privately owned company... with that has it's advantages and disadvantages. What I will say is this... Management has a very low turnover rate.
GREAT JOB.
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJMarch 16, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay, team members
Cons: irate customers, working past your shift time
Best job ever, if you push aside the attitudes that you have to deal with by customers on the daily basis, and I mean REAL bad attitudes then you'll be golden here. Since IKEA is a self-serve company lots of people want to be taken care of and as the cashier, you're typically the last person to see them after they have traveled through the entire store with only seeing MAYBE one guest. They're frustrated, angry at the long lines and if you get their order wrong, you will probably hate your job that day. Great pay, great team members, great management and an overall cool laid-back environment if you do your job effectively.
Productive and Innovative Company
Assistant Chef (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXMarch 7, 2015
Pros: benefits, education support.
Cons: ill-tempered co-workers, gossip.
Ikea was the first Job I loved working with. They take the time to value their customers as well as their employees. They taught me a lot of professional skills and lessons, I will be able to take with me throughout life and to my future career. I'm sorry to see that my time there ended so soon.
Productive and fun
Receptionist (Former Employee), College Park, MDMarch 5, 2015
Great working environment, the people were very open and honest. The company appreciates not only the customers but employees as well.
Great, fast passed work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), emeryvilleMarch 4, 2015
Pros: reduced cost on lunches
always something to do, co-workers are all friendly. Good management, learn to multi-task and lots of customer service skills.

1 2 3 4 5

About IKEA

IKEA is a Swedish company registered in the Netherlands that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture (such as beds, chairs, – Read more

IKEA Salaries