IKEA
1,098 reviews

IKEA Employer Reviews

Great Company
comin-communication and design (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great benefits and working conditions
Cons: too insignificant to mention
great company to work for. operates based off European Concept. everyone has a voice. all staff matters and contributes to the bottom line and enjoys an annual bonus if target quota is achieved.
It was a nice place to work
Replenishment Specialist (Former Employee), East Palo Alto, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: short breaks
IKEA was a fun and interesting place to work. I really enjoyed my job. I'm sorry that my employment ended so quickly. My position was seasonal and temporary. The best part of the job was I got to see the new merchandise that was going to be sold. Sorry to say there was nothing hard about my job. My co-workers were encouraging, supportive and fun to work with. I learned to pay attention to detail, and I also learned how to multi task and work in a fast paced environment .
nice clean workplace not too many problems
cashier (Former Employee), Canton, MIFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: free meals
typical can be slow or fast.
when the day is fast it is very fun because you meet all kinds of people for all over. I even learned a thing or two for talking with the customers
Typical day
Retail Sales Assocaite (Former Employee), Emeryville, CaFebruary 27, 2015
IKEA is an interesting place to work. I enjoyed working with all kinds of people daily. The people who work there are really helpful and nice. I learned how to deal with people on a professional level.
Duck working
Home Delivery Lead (Current Employee), Merriam, KSFebruary 27, 2015
A typical work day was just unloading the truck and getting everything ready for the floor when we open , the hardest thing was trying to move to a different department.
Fun and Enjoyable
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: employees and being taken care of
I worked with this company for 6 1/2 years and it was the best time. The employees were great and so was management. Employees were taken care of and they made sure the employees were happy where they were at. They really cared! It also had you work close with customers and be able to make their experience a fun time.
Stressful / Large workload for a 40 hour work week
Kitchen Production Team Lead (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: constant change of strategy and no consistency. demanding
The job of KPTL was very demanding and stressful. A lot of work that should be done by Human Resources was being completed by the KPTL. They kept adding on new programs or procedures and would not allow overtime. There should of been an administrative position within the food part of the business ! Unfair expectations.
Positivity Energy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: flexibility to work in different departments
Cons: hourly wage
My typical day at work consisted of assembling all types of furniture, such as couches, cabinets, lamps, bookshelves etc. I liked meeting and interacting with my peers and customers, which helped me to increase my knowledge of the company and increase my ability to complete projects in a timely manner. I also liked communicating and meeting people from different nationalities. This position helped me to grow and acquire new skills from different departments.
Big company with big ambitions
Goods Flow Manager - Logistics (Current Employee), Paramus, NJFebruary 19, 2015
IKEA is a company that is looking to expand quickly in the United States. For workers who are used to the retail environment it is a great place to work.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tempe, AzFebruary 13, 2015
After you had clocked in you log into the computer, make sure the department is ready to open, make sure stuff is in stock and if not mark it out of stock.

help customers get to were they need to get to their needed department, also help customers in your department
Home Shopping Advisor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: building a great repore with customers
Cons: working until midnight
I worked as a Home Shopping advisor for IKEA many years ago. Before I was promoted, I was a kitchen designer for the US. That experience awarded me the chance to work with amazing customers by designing their kitchen, home, office, and some new home developments. My other responsibilities included returns, after sales, and escalations.
great place to work with great coworkers
cashier (Former Employee), covina, CAFebruary 8, 2015
great place to work with great managers and coworkers. fairly on time when it comes to breaks, lunches, and the end of your shifts
it's a good company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee), Covina, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: they act like they have your back but they don't
Cons: u can't trust no one
I enjoy working at that store I was at it was the people in the office that's was the problem in my department the management was great
Productive workplace allows selling experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee), West Chester, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: support
Cons: distance
Learned how to manage multiple responsibilities, such as preparing inventory arrivals. Directing and consulting customers to a purchase. Management was decentralized allowed co-workers to speak with management easily.
terrible work enviorment
picker (Former Employee), perryvileFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free capicinos
Cons: everyone complained, every tried to get people in trouble, nasty work enviorment
I learned a lot about picking and factory work. and I defanitly learned a lot about team work. it just didn't have the right people in management
Team Oriented
Smaland Coworker/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: good amenities
Cons: snakes in the grass
The Ikea environment was fairly pleasant. My co-workers were friendly and everyone looked out for one another. Management is mediocre, but I blame it on the size of the company; there's always alot going on. I did learn alot from working with such a large company. Patience, teamwork, and understanding of others.
Awesome PLace of employment
Loader/unloader (Former Employee), Perryville MDJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: to many to list
would work for Ikea again if they ever put a distribution center near me. Awesome place to work with great people and management
3 year-Cashier (Former Employee), West SacramentoJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great management team, excellent benefits for part-time and full-time employees
Ikea was a great place to be employed at. I felt very comfortable and friendly feeling from all associates, had a great time with customers from far countries. They provide a flexible work schedule and benefit package to employees. Great environment to work in.
Still a great company!
Team Leader (Former Employee), College Park, MDJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great hiring within!
Cons: assets protection stinks.
Although I was let go from this company for a completely dumb reason, all because of a signature verification, this place is an amazing and awesome place to work. Great benefits, compensation, recognizes it's coworkers extremely well, and the promotion from within is just awesome. Loved working here and wish I were still there!
Great work and learning experience
Delivery Truck Driver & assembly (Former Employee), Merriam, KSJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: enjoyed it, something good to wake up to each morning knowing that a had a good job to go to
Cons: communication
At IKEA I greeted people, went to their house and assembled their purchases.

I learned that if you put your mind to anything, you can do it. I never thought I could do what I did in learning to put things together.

The hardest part of my job was starting something I knew nothing about.

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people

1 2 3 4 5

About IKEA

IKEA is a Swedish company registered in the Netherlands that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture (such as beds, chairs, – Read more