IKEA Employee Reviews in United States

Fun Fast paced Work enviornment
Operations Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Westampton, NJJune 25, 2016
I like the variation of my daily work task. Great coworkers with the drive to do a good job for our customers.

Management is fair we offer a good work life balance.
my review
Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) –  London,June 22, 2016
ping pong table
excellent culture
great people coworkers
passionate and very enthusiastic and leadership by example is the watch word.
productive and fun work place
Self Serve associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 15, 2016
IKEA offered a good work environment and people are very team oriented. Co-workers at IKEA are very friendly and always had a fun day at work. The hardest part of the job was all the carrying of boxes. Most enjoyable moments were making friends with customers and co-workers.
Pros
reduced lunch meals and great deals on furniture and other products
you know why im here
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 15, 2016
IKEA is a good company defiantly can tell they are an overseas based company based on many things but mainly employee treatment
They know who you are and care about you
Trainer/"Buddy" to all incoming Bistro new hires (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 14, 2016
Best place I have worked to date. Annual Christmas party. Month of fun and surprises for our end of fiscal year. I've learned a lot about the people I work with. Management is supportive and cares about the information and knowledge I bring to the job. Hardest part is the customers but the bad ones truly are few and far between. Best part of my day is seeing my coworkers and having a little chat on breaks and lunches
Pros
$3 lunches for employees, great co-workers, great culture
Cons
Hours can be hard to come by and moving up is solely based on the individual
Great work place with friendly helpful coworkers.
Sales Coworker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2016
Great work place with friendly helpful coworkers.
Great benefits, competitive wages, friendly management.
Working sales at Ikea is a great experience.
Fun Place to work
Kitchen Production Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2016
IKEA is a great company to work for. They strive to have a great work/life balance and really provide excellent benefits to everyone that works there.
Pros
Discounted lunches, PTO, culture.
Cons
More in tuned Management
good company
Certified Powered Industrial Equipment Trainer (Current Employee) –  Perryville, MDJune 3, 2016
Really don't follow what they preach as far as being family oriented. At one time if there was something going on in your family or life within good reason accomedations would be made for the indivdual
Pros
lots of different furniture
Cons
not really room to grow
boo
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMay 31, 2016
terrible people bad management terrible boo sawgrass outlet mall bad for you, very bad in your shoe get old navy off of you. terrible store
alot to learn from
Beltsville md (Former Employee) –  MDMay 31, 2016
my review cannot really stand for ikea alone. i was a technician i went to different peoples houses and put their funiture together. i did not work at the stores, i was more in dispatch areas loading trucks.
Good Work Environment
Self Service Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 27, 2016
Very active work day with constant interaction with costumers. The work environment is excellent with very involved management.
A pretty great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 25, 2016
If you really invest yourself, you can go from a stocker or cashier to a regional manager. They invest in every employee and want them to succeed.
Pros
Free awesome lunches and fountain drinks and an employee discount
good if your friends with the right people
Coworker (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAMay 24, 2016
The company itself is great. The values are awesome. However, this particular store does not reflect the company's culture and values. This store is more about who you know rather than what you know. Display of company values, Education, hard work, dedication and skills are of low importance at this particular location.Promotions are based off of friendships and schmoozing.
Pros
benefits, pay, culture
Cons
lack of skill in management, no room for growth
machine operating/production
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 21, 2016
when I started out working here everything was cool, but as time progressed it wasnt the job for me. Hated night shift. No overtime, and co-workers wont the best either.
Pros
paid holidays.
Cons
short lunch breaks, no ot
It was a great starter job for me
Packer (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 19, 2016
I like IKEA but at the same time I didn't want to be there for the rest of my life. I didn't feel like I could grow with the company. That is why I left IKEA. IKEA did though have good workers. I really didn't learn a lot at IKEA.
Pros
That it was a full time job.
Cons
Short breaks.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 18, 2016
Ikea is a great place to work. my co workers are very friendly people. I am always happy to come to work. I learned a lot of great customer service skills working there.
inbound aftersales representative
Aftersales Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 12, 2016
Great atmosphere. Assisted multiple customers with after sales issues. The hardest part of the day was assisting an irate customer. The best part of the day is helping a customer successfully.
Pros
shift bids
Cons
Fun environment with great food.
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 11, 2016
Start out the day by opening up the line and cooking breakfast for the opening customers, talking to and serving them in a friendly conversational manner. During which the staff would send each other on breaks as orderly as possible. Throughout the day we'd maintain serving while maintaining a clean serving line and greeting the customers, as well as keeping the serving line full and up to temperature. At the end of the day we'd serve our last customers, then clean up the whole kitchen area and prepare the next day for whomever was opening next shift. I learned a LOT about food safety, however, management seemed confused very often about the company policies, and often made confusing changes to the policies because of that. There were multiple team leaders that acted as manager mostly due to the head manager not being around a lot. This lead to the rules and policies being changed without other manager's knowledge. Most co-workers were friendly and did their share of work so that others could do their own. The hardest part of the job was the non regulated schedules, often bouncing me from a closing shift to an opening, which was difficult combined with the drive to and from work, as well as dealing with the constant sudden changes while we were always understaffed from multiple call-outs, often leading to a great deal of multitasking to far great lengths sometimes doing 3 co-worker's jobs at once. The most enjoyable part was having friendly conversations with satisfied or soon to be satisfied customers, and the food was legitimately delightful to be around.
Pros
Affordable Lunches, safe environment, mostly friendly staff. Great benefits.
Cons
Management was quite slow to respond to problems, on feet all day, a bit too much multi-tasking, randomized schedules.
healthy place great company
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJMay 10, 2016
This was a great company to work for nice smooth work nothing really to hard.On breaks they allow you to work out in there weight room.
Ikea cares
Cashier (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMay 10, 2016
co-workers and management is very caring
A raise is given every year
The customers and employees are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
free lunches, employee appreciation events
Cons
most part time job available