IKEA
1,193 reviews

IKEA Employee Reviews

Product place where you feel wanted
sales (Current Employee), hicksville nyMay 28, 2015
Pros: great benifits, many employee activities
Lots of traffic in this place on the weekend. Everyone works together to keep things running smoothly. The coworkers are great to work with. Working here you feel wanted and appreciated.
Ikea Houston
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 26, 2015
Good place to work. The benefits are great. You need to have your own initiative to work, you will not be micromanaged. If you need help you can always call someone to help you out. Management generally tries to work with your schedule.
Sales and Customer service (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Amazing benefits, coworker purchase programs, meal deals, paid trainings
Cons: Time management, lack organization skills
The workload at IKEA can get hectic from time to time, but it's all worth it. At the end of the day, you're working with people that don't make it feel like work. The everyday tasks, in addition to special projects, give you the freedom to make what decision you believe are beneficial to your department, the store, and mainly, the customer. Opportunities for advancement are slower than usual. It's difficult to make time to complete trainings when you have daily routines to maintain. I've learned that time management is a huge part of how you work and what you do when you work. Management is always supportive and will actually listen to what you have to say when you have a concern. Those concerns are taken seriously and most of the time, a solution is brought forward and implemented. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure that everything looks perfect. If everything is presentable and in the right place, I'm at peace.
high school environment where the high school dweebs call the shots
customer realtions (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 25, 2015
Pros: Vacation time
Cons: healthcare, and you are not valued
Unless you are team lead or manager you dont have adequate work life balance. Especially in the summer at ikea Brooklyn. They company sweedish prinicipals are poorly executed at the store. Manager and team lack the ability to manage and lead team. They collect check and make costly mistakes. The only reason why they thrive is because of the inflow of convient customers. However the staff at the store are juvenile and cant seem to work together to meet the customer needs. They make broken promises to the customer as well as the coworker. They need a new steering group
Excellent workplace with great employees
Cashier (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJMay 22, 2015
Pros: Being around good co-workers, the convience of having our own lunch for co-workers only
Cons: Price tags confused customers, not enough registers open at times
Loved the atmosphere. Great employees and managers. I was able to seek out help that I needed with no problem. I learned a lot about the company that I didnt know before. I always walked in ready to work. I felt like I was in college, the way everyone spoke to one another and were there for each other. The hardest part was making sure the customers came down the right side of the cash registers as well as getting them on the registers that took the correct form of payment (some registers accepted cash, some credit/debit). The most enjoyable part was the fact that the employee lounge was so comfortable using IKEA furniture.
Great Place to Work
Swedish Food Market Specialist (Former Employee), Canton, MIMay 19, 2015
Great benefits, great co-workers, PTO, 401k match, unique place to work - customers come from all over the region to get IKEA products
Stepping stone
Cashier (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYMay 19, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: short breaks
Ikea was a great place to work for, management changed and so did rules and employees. Employees were constantly changing, that should tell you something
Friendly and benificial work environment
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJMay 14, 2015
Ikea is a great place to work. The management and employees are all very friendly and informative. The benefits they offer are very affordable and competitive with other companies. I highly recommend working here.
Productive but Problematic Staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 8, 2015
Pros: Cheap lunches, great starting pay
Overall the job was enjoyable, but the management has a habit of hiring people that would skip work and make other people pick up the slack.
Logistics Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 1, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work with a great environment and opportunity to grow and advance. Great benefits and a very good work culture to be a part of.
Productive and team Oriented
Cashier (Current Employee), New Haven, CTApril 28, 2015
-Simple work day with great management staff
-Work goes by smoothly and quickly when everyone is working as a team
-most coworkers are team players and get along well with others
-unruly customers can make the job undesirable but that"s in all retail
not productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 27, 2015
Pros: good food
Cons: compensation
i hated working here because everyone there was immature including the managers, they never agree on anything and hard to get a day off if you was not a favorite
Overall Experience with IKEA Direct Customer Support Center
Backline Resolutions Advisor (Former Employee), IKEA Direct Customer Support CenterApril 27, 2015
Pros: I love IKEA as a company
Cons: Management, Constant Changes, No work life balance, Unfair treatment, Favoritism, Etc.
I initially loved working for IKEA Direct in Baltimore,MD, but the management isn't for their employees. I was fired while under FMLA and approval from a manager to leave the premises, my manager did not speak with me in regards to the reason why I was late on the two occasions. When I attempted to explain the reason why I was late the date the manager gave me approval her response was "Well you can peer review it" I wanted to appeal it, but the lack of concern for their employees concerns me and I would never want to work for IKEA Direct ever again and I do not recommend anyone living in the Baltimore area to work for IKEA Direct Customer Support Center
Great customer service and discounts
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 27, 2015
It was an amazing company to work for and enjoyed in helping customers the best way possible. In Cash Lanes we worked together as a team to bring the lines down and be able to help our customers with their purchases. I would say the hardest part of the job is on weekends when we had shortage of cashiers and or registers. Enjoyed interacting with customers, co workers and management.
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Ontario, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: whole team fully engaged
Cons: moved to another area
All management on the same page
To be an effective leader where team was very engaged and motivated
Great mentors to learn from
Team members that were accountable
just work
Got promoted to Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: never can get a promotion
I go in at 3am work until i'm finish with stocking the store sometimes
I work untill1 pm then do trash learn how to stock a store with maps over the 10 yrs their really can't talk about the management really good cause they are only talk to you if you are in their circle of friends my coworkers are ok the hardest part of the job is going up and over the standards to try and get a higher job the best part of the job is the benefits and Vacation that we get I just want a career that looks at their coworkers that work hard and that I can move up at and retire for then with promise and
Best Job during College
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAApril 16, 2015
Worked here during my time in college enjoyed my time working there was able to work my way up to increased pay. Very competitive work environment to prove your self to management which I enjoyed.
Cashier (Former Employee), philadelphia,paApril 13, 2015
Even though each manager doesn't like the same style of working they are easy to get along with. They are sympathetic to the hours their workers work.Sometimes it can get a little busy but the managers try to come down and help.
Productive and fun to work
After Sales Advisor (Current Employee), White Marsh, MDApril 13, 2015
Great place to work with great people and structure through out the building. Im blessed to be albe to have the chance to work at IKEA.
Not to difficult
Logistics (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 11, 2015
Pros: Discounted prices
Cons: 10 min breaks
The job is not all that difficult, you get up early in the morning and work like any other 1st shift job. I restocked shelves. I learned that boxes can be deceiving. My coworkers are fine, all older than I am, but I expected that. Managers are perfectly fine. The job isn't difficult. I mostly enjoy the short days, and the opportunity to be home by 11 am.

1 2 3 4 5

About IKEA

IKEA is a Swedish company registered in the Netherlands that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture (such as beds, chairs, – Read more

IKEA Salaries