IKEA Employee Reviews

Found 1,073 reviews matching the search
Cashier
Food Service Worker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAFebruary 22, 2017
Worked in food service here. Also worked in the Swedish food market stocking and working as a cashier as well. management was great overall
Phenomenal Place to Work
Certified Kitchen Seller/ Logistic Mem (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2017
IKEA almost made me switch my career interests. It's progressive work place that motivates its employees to explore.

Unfortunately, some bad seeds slip through the hiring process or make their way up the chain and spread discontent. However, if there were a way to control for people's personality flaws, then all jobs would be perfect.
Pros
Pay, work/life balance, skills accruement
Cons
some age bias and some bureaucracy
Better retailers to work for
Recovery Manager (Former Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CAFebruary 18, 2017
During my tenure as an IKEA Co-worker, I had the opportunity to learn and perform three different functions across three different stores. I had the opportunity to grow and develop within the company. I began my journey with an entry-level position and finished my career at IKEA as a manager. The culture is great. The company cares about its customers, the environment, its workforce, charities, non-profit organizations and even its suppliers. Sadly, I left due to living so far away so my commute was brutal and my work/life balance was compromised. IKEA is building more and more stores, but unfortunately not fast enough near my home. At least for now. If I lived a lot closer or if they build a store closer to me, I would highly consider re-applying with the company.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Opportunity for Growth
Cons
Number of stores available and proximity
Very fun loving and hardworking environment
Stock/Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2017
Typical day at work is helping customers. Laughing interacting with my co workers. I work in the self serve area so I do a lot of replacing and restock items. Making sure aisles are in a safe and clean manner in order for the customer to shop peacefully.
HL 2 (Former Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CAFebruary 16, 2017
It is a good place because there is things call IKEA value like work hard, respect other, simiplicity and team work. The management is very good. The Team Lead is helping us on working. Vacation is 3 weeks and sometime eat free in IKEA Restraunt.
They pay pretty good $18.45 per hour
Amazing benefits and work environment!
Cook Assistant (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 15, 2017
IKEA really cares about it's employees and it shows! My only issue was not getting enough hours but other than that you get discounted lunches and amazing benefits!
Great Culture
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 15, 2017
This is a great place to work. Heavy call volume and they could definitely afford to pay more. I guess that is how IKEA offers its great low prices! Go for it!
You will get the hours that you are applying for
Information/Greeter (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 15, 2017
Good benefits and good pay rate. Requesting off should be done a month in advance. Coworker meals are cheaper than customers and breaks are decent for the amount of time worked.
Cool place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 14, 2017
Duties include ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales, assess customer needs and provide assistance and information on product features, follow and achieve department sales goals, go the extra mile to drive sales
Great company
PBX Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Work life balance was an important component to company values. Management was extremely helpful with training employees properly. The workplace culture was friendly and enjoyable. Would definitely recommend working here!
Pros
Friendly work environment
Negative Atmosphere
IKEA smaland Coworker (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 13, 2017
Negative workplace environment. Rude people, not fun to stand around for 8 hours and order kids around. You get there and stand around,then work on signing kids and parents in at the front, Then stand around inside and just tell kids what not to do for the rest of your shift
Very Racist facility I worked for.
Warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  Perryville, MDFebruary 12, 2017
This company bring in managers with very little experience. The managers have egos because they are managers. You have to be part of that good boy club to be happy there. I was a manager there and couldn't deal with the lack of respect shown towards the associates by management.

They would be happy to fire someone and laugh about walking them out the door. This was not something I found to laugh about.
Pros
great associates.
Cons
poor leadership.
Treats Employees with respect
Children's Showroom- Sales (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIFebruary 12, 2017
IKEA has been the best job I've had. I worked there part time while going to college full time. All employees are treated with respect and care. This company does so many wonderful things that the public may not even know about. I would recommend this job.
Cons
must be available weekends
Ikea
Cashier/Returns (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 11, 2017
very good company to work for and very good benefits. the management for the location I worked for was not very understanding and don't want employees to advance in their position
Great Work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIFebruary 9, 2017
During the time I worked for IKEA, I never had a dull moment. We all got along in my area and the managers were very good and helpful.
It was very interesting experience. It was a learning experience
Customer Care Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2017
I Assisted the customers with any issues in a timely manor. Being in this setting was a enjoyable experience. They had really good benefits but it's constantly busy so breaks were very short. You
Pros
Discounts, overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Great benefits with casual dress
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDFebruary 8, 2017
Ikea has good benefits but the Contact Center's upper management is ever changing. This causes a lot of issues such as new management never being aware of personal development plans from the previous, no one is ever on the same page, and they phase positions out while leaving the burden on the good employee to find another job... often. They also do not respect tenure, as a matter of fact, in certain positions it's frowned upon. Favoritism is at an all time high as they try to turn a call center into a retail store... management wise, by hiring friends and close associates with a blatant disregard for those that were told they could "work their way up." Upper management has little call center experience and implements processes that a seasoned person in the field would already know does not work. No one feels secure in their job, even while you're doing a good job because local HR is not an advocate for the employees of a certain level. Just check the turnover, it surely tells the story better than I.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Fair Advancement consideration, ever changing management, turn-over rate
Ikea is a decent place to work at
Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL 33174February 7, 2017
The only issue is the management. Some are really there to help you but others are just going to chase the money, without any care for others. Creating a bad working environment.
Fun and family oriented
Sales Associate, Loss Prevention, (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2017
I loved this job, fun and family oriented. Benefits are awesome and the company is wonderful. Very high paced and training is always available for staff.
Pros
Discounts, great benefits
Cons
Hard to move up
great place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDFebruary 4, 2017
greet customers
make sales goals
interact with customers
serve customers
prepare food
easiest thing is being there on time.
Hardest thing is the hours can me a little challenging(need more hours)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.