IKEA

IKEA Employer Reviews

great place to work
Replenishment co-worker (Current Employee), burbankJuly 23, 2014
great place to work. people here friendly and ikea culture cool
Productive and great work environment
Customer Service/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Frisco, TXJuly 22, 2014
A great place to work.A great place where great employees worked with me,allowing me to grow.
Fun workplace
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYJuly 21, 2014
Fun and entertaining workplace with a great sense of culture.
a great company
Sales in Activities (Current Employee), West Chester, OHJuly 16, 2014
open environment for learning & new experiences. have opportunities to better my skills in business, merchandising & customer service. Have a great team under me who are being developed into managers & high potential coworkers.
Hard Work For Very Low Pay
Self serve warehouse (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 16, 2014
Pros: nice break room, relaxing room, and nice people. diversity and you meet a lot of ethnic backgrounds
Cons: low pay for extensive labor, they hire external for any high paying positions, not enough credit for the work you do
I worked for ikea for over 2 years. It was a great experience. I learned a lot and worked 4 different departments. I guess you can say there is an "opportunity" for advancement, but you really have to kiss a lot of butt. From my experience I burned a lot of bridges there which prevented me from any type of advancement which I was looking for, a so called – more... "career" if you find one here let me know. They pay very low for the back breaking labor you do. I guess depending on your job cashiers and sales have it easy. But the guys in the warehouse have it really tough. A lot of lifting and extensive labor for a measly $9hr. Yippie. Managers have it real well. Team leads make over $20hr and managers, some are making 6 figures. And you don't need a degree. Good luck to you – less
overall good place to work
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Stoughton, MAJuly 15, 2014
learned a lot, able to move dept.s often, on the job training, scheduling is poor, benefits can't be beat, pay is good
the training
plocker (Current Employee), Perryville, MDJuly 10, 2014
they teach you what you need to know and their trainers really know what they are doing
A great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJuly 8, 2014
The work environment is great and the employees are easy to get along with. They have great benefits and with work with you on scheduling if you are in school.
FUN WORKPLACE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), White Marsh, MDJuly 8, 2014
The best job I've ever had. Great people, friendly management. Team work oriented
Intersting and varied work duties.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Perryville, MDJuly 5, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: the requirements of overtime without notice.
I would operate different lifts when needed to. Learned better operation of scanning tools. The hardest part of the job was the hours required to work and how they would require overtime without notice.
Great company
Assistant Goods Flow, Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJuly 3, 2014
Fast paced environment with great co-workers. Strong focus on work/life balance.
Productive fun workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), West Chester, OHJuly 1, 2014
great job to have
great environment
good benefits
great pay
Scheduling is very bad and sometimes decided by Biasm!
Sales (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 1, 2014
good place for part time! but full time I would still consider other Options
Working as a manager at IKEA
Customer Service/ Home Delivery Team Lead (Current Employee), East Palo Alto, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: bonuses, discounted lunches
Cons: not enough management coverage during peak days and weekends
Being on the manager team at IKEA was a learning experience. I learned to take pride in my work and ownership in the everyday run of my department. My day consist of sales of Home Delivery level concentrating on Same Day deliveries as well as next day deliveries to cut down on cost of sweet trucks and damages/missing merchandise. One of my main part – more... of my job was to monitor real time delivery by running the no delivery report, data precision and data Quality report my goal for the transportation company was to meet the goal of 95% on all three reports if goal was not met it would be put on an agenda for monthly meeting. I had 13 direct reports and we work as a team ensuring that our customers received a positive shopping experience and that were valued customer when they arrived at the home delivery counter. The hardest part of my job would be when I could not come up with a reasonable solution that would make my customer happy. The most enjoyable part of the my job was recognizing my team or a coworker for a job well done. – less
Great job
IKEA Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJune 26, 2014
Great job, very stressful. Lot's of politics involved and loose ends that always must be covered. Pay is good, just not for the stress that is involved for salaried managers.
Good first job
Furniture Sales (Former Employee), Conshohocken, PAJune 25, 2014
Pros: customers are very nice and have few complaints
Cons: low starting wages
A regular day would be stocking your department, helping customers find furniture selections and straightening furniture display areas. You would book or reserve their selections or send them to the Self Serve Department to pull their own furniture. Weekends are very busy. I learned about product safety and recalls. The most enjoyable part of the job – more... was building furniture and kids department furniture displays. The hardest part of the job would be navigating the layout of a large IKEA store. – less
The Best
Cashier Assistance (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJune 24, 2014
Amazing Company!!
The management was world class and made everyone's job as easy as cake.
Each day I clocked in; I felt like a little boy going to ToysRUs.
I enjoyed everything about this job and would be delighted to work their again.
productive
Home Org (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJune 19, 2014
Fast paced, customer friendly, love the work environment! managers were helpful.
Productive and fun call center furniture assembly
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Nottingham, MDJune 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: schedule
Everyday at Ikea was exciting and new. New furniture, new customers, demostrations and incintives. My co-workers and managnent kept the work enviroment respectful and open. The hardest part of the job was over the phone item assembly. The most enjoyable was helping a customer track and purchase their merchandise.
fun place too work can be yourself
Store Service Advisor/ Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), White Marsh, MDJune 12, 2014
great place too work didn't want to leave this job had to relocate to illinois

1 2 3 4 5

About IKEA

Since its founding in 1943, IKEA has offered a wide range of home furnishings and accessories of good design and function, at – Read more