IKEA Employee Reviews

So far so good
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAFebruary 4, 2016
Employees are nice and the way they welcome in new employees shows they really care about who they add to their team. There is also room for improvement and career changes in this morning.
Ikea
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 3, 2016
Overall IKEA is an amazing to place to work. great environment and lots of opportunities especially one to move up in the company
Ikea
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Great Company to work for, Management is easy to talk to and willing to help. Company focus only on customers needs, and employees try new ideas as well with the company.
Productive Work Place
forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Perryville, MDJanuary 25, 2016
Move Product throughout warehouse. Inspect all equipment prior to work shift. All of my managers are fair and respectful. Everyone is easy to get along with.
Very fast pase
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CAJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day is restocking and putting everything away from what customers had grab and didn't want or they changing their minds. I have learn about stock inventory and about child safety, also how to educate first time parents on being aware of SIDS. The hardest part of the job was at the end of the night was to put everything away, there was so much little time and so much to do. I had to clock out on time because they did not want to pay over time. I really enjoyed when customers gave my manager great reviews about me and how helpful I was to them.
Pros
41k plan, flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks
fast pased fun work place great co workers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJanuary 20, 2016
ikeas warehouse was fast passed easy going once you learn to separate the different types of products
I learned how to loaded and unloaded customers purchases
manifest the proper paperwork and labels to where the product is being shipped
My coworkers are FANTASTIC
The hardest part was nothing I enjoyed my time there
the most enjoyable part was the team the fast passed it was always something to do
Pros
great work team
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work.
CHECKOUT SERVICE CO-WORKER (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJanuary 8, 2016
Co workers understands team work. There is always work to do, to keep you busy. New challenges every week. Management team always provides new information, to keep you up to date.
Pros
Company provides $3 lunches, great benefits for PT/FT coworkers
Cons
None.
Très bonne entreprise
CDD CDI (Former Employee) –  ToulouseJanuary 6, 2016
Une journée typique de travail :
Prendre ma caisse, ranger mon caisson, nettoyer la salle de restauration (poubelles, tables), mettre ma caisse en place, servir les clients, ranger la boutique, réapprovisionner le bistro et ou la boutique, le soir ranger ma caisse, nettoyer le sol, les tables, les machines et tout les ustensiles.

J'ai appris à e servir du logiciel des caisses.
La partie la plus dure c'est servir les clients tout en gardant la salle propre en cas d'affluence c'est difficile a gérer
la partie la plus agréable c'est le matin à l'ouverture les premiers clients sont plus aimables .
Great place with family feel
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJanuary 5, 2016
IKEA Long Island is an old building with old souls working diligently to make the store the most it can be for its customers and coworkers alike.
Enjoyable culture, high paced environment, ability for promotion
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 4, 2016
At IKEA I handled customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests. Calm angry callers, repair trust, locate resources for problem resolution and design best-option solutions. Interface daily with internal partners in accounting, field services, new business, operations and consumer affairs divisions.

Throughout my time at IKEA I was also in college so it provided many different learning opportunities, because if you know anything about IKEA they are experts in cost cutting and are stream line savvy.

IKEA typically promotes from within, so there are countless ways for upward movement. This makes it very manager friendly because almost all of them have started from the bottom.

IKEA is a busy and fast paced environment, so if you thrive on your feet you will enjoy it.
Pros
Exceptional Benefits, Profit sharing, Upward movement
Not worth rating
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2016
Just bad overall. No quality, management irresponsible (too young and inexperienced), very high turnover - even for retail. Employees not respected.
Absolutely love it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 1, 2016
The culture at Ikea is amazing!!! That was the most enjoyable part of the job, seeing everyone from different countries come together in one building for one thing, to help people. A typical day at Ikea was fast-paced. On average, you would come across over 1,000 people in one day! That's what I loved the most!
Fun young atmosphere
Sales (Former Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 20, 2015
Customer service, Stocked all shelves, faced all products. General maintenance of product showroom. Created new displays for key products.
Had their ups and downs
WAREHOUSE NAVIGATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 17, 2015
Over all this is a very demanding place to work. Both physically and mentally. You do not really know what your job is until you get into it. Poor leadership and no one wants to step up and be a mentor.
Pros
Discounts on home furnishings
Cons
Never have time to shop
Fun working space, able to work with no supervision or assistance from the supervisor
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRDecember 15, 2015
Great working place, fun and active. Ability to speak face to face with the customers and help them making orders from the webpage and explaining the guidelines to pick up the merchandise. Supervisors were not always available because they were at the shop, but the work was controlled and successful without the supervision. Flexible hours and understanding of the employees needs.
Productive and fun workpace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 15, 2015
Overall IKEA is a great company to work for. Co-workers are nice and helpful. The environment and diversity at IKEA is great.
it was a okay place to work
Customer Service Representative (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 10, 2015
At times it was a fun place to work, however I like helping customers, and resolving their complaints and help them put their furniture together.
Pros
helping others, and free parking
Cons
it was from a temp agency, and know benefits
Better than most other retailers
Sales Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2015
IKEA is known as a retailer with a conscious, and that is definitely an accurate description. However, IKEA Atlanta suffers from some practices that take away from it being an enjoyable work environment: some members of management held to lower , standards of work and behavior that would even get a part timer fired, little training for one's own department and almost no training about the store as a whole making it harder to help customers, little opportunity for advancement, little to no feedback when one does get the chance to interview for another position, etc.

The benefits are great, and I am glad that I got a job here compared to other retailers. However, as much as they complain about a lack of co-worker loyalty, that can't be changed unless people have a chance to actually make a stable, living wage.
An excellent place to work & grow in your career path.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CADecember 8, 2015
During my time at IKEA, I loved it! It was a very fun & fulfilling job. The employees & whole environment was very welcoming & genuine.
Friendly Satisfying Environment
Sales Coworker (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILDecember 4, 2015
During a regular day at work I complete daily job duties such as:
price tags, sales banners, inventory checks, advance product planning, and transfers of damaged product. I help customers with any product needs including product locations, cost, specifications, usage details, and in-store services. I help calculate measurements, make product lists, and provide answers to simple questions.

My co-workers, manager, and I act like a family. We interact well and provide additional support for one another when needed although the job tasks typically are not difficult to learn quickly.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with coworkers and and providing useful service to appreciable customers.