IKEA Employee Reviews in United States

Good Work Environment
Self Service Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 27, 2016
Very active work day with constant interaction with costumers. The work environment is excellent with very involved management.
A pretty great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 25, 2016
If you really invest yourself, you can go from a stocker or cashier to a regional manager. They invest in every employee and want them to succeed.
Pros
Free awesome lunches and fountain drinks and an employee discount
good if your friends with the right people
Coworker (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAMay 24, 2016
The company itself is great. The values are awesome. However, this particular store does not reflect the company's culture and values. This store is more about who you know rather than what you know. Display of company values, Education, hard work, dedication and skills are of low importance at this particular location.Promotions are based off of friendships and schmoozing.
Pros
benefits, pay, culture
Cons
lack of skill in management, no room for growth
machine operating/production
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 21, 2016
when I started out working here everything was cool, but as time progressed it wasnt the job for me. Hated night shift. No overtime, and co-workers wont the best either.
Pros
paid holidays.
Cons
short lunch breaks, no ot
It was a great starter job for me
Packer (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 19, 2016
I like IKEA but at the same time I didn't want to be there for the rest of my life. I didn't feel like I could grow with the company. That is why I left IKEA. IKEA did though have good workers. I really didn't learn a lot at IKEA.
Pros
That it was a full time job.
Cons
Short breaks.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 18, 2016
Ikea is a great place to work. my co workers are very friendly people. I am always happy to come to work. I learned a lot of great customer service skills working there.
inbound aftersales representative
Aftersales Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 12, 2016
Great atmosphere. Assisted multiple customers with after sales issues. The hardest part of the day was assisting an irate customer. The best part of the day is helping a customer successfully.
Pros
shift bids
Cons
Fun environment with great food.
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 11, 2016
Start out the day by opening up the line and cooking breakfast for the opening customers, talking to and serving them in a friendly conversational manner. During which the staff would send each other on breaks as orderly as possible. Throughout the day we'd maintain serving while maintaining a clean serving line and greeting the customers, as well as keeping the serving line full and up to temperature. At the end of the day we'd serve our last customers, then clean up the whole kitchen area and prepare the next day for whomever was opening next shift. I learned a LOT about food safety, however, management seemed confused very often about the company policies, and often made confusing changes to the policies because of that. There were multiple team leaders that acted as manager mostly due to the head manager not being around a lot. This lead to the rules and policies being changed without other manager's knowledge. Most co-workers were friendly and did their share of work so that others could do their own. The hardest part of the job was the non regulated schedules, often bouncing me from a closing shift to an opening, which was difficult combined with the drive to and from work, as well as dealing with the constant sudden changes while we were always understaffed from multiple call-outs, often leading to a great deal of multitasking to far great lengths sometimes doing 3 co-worker's jobs at once. The most enjoyable part was having friendly conversations with satisfied or soon to be satisfied customers, and the food was legitimately delightful to be around.
Pros
Affordable Lunches, safe environment, mostly friendly staff. Great benefits.
Cons
Management was quite slow to respond to problems, on feet all day, a bit too much multi-tasking, randomized schedules.
healthy place great company
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJMay 10, 2016
This was a great company to work for nice smooth work nothing really to hard.On breaks they allow you to work out in there weight room.
Ikea cares
Cashier (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMay 10, 2016
co-workers and management is very caring
A raise is given every year
The customers and employees are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
free lunches, employee appreciation events
Cons
most part time job available
overall a great company - the Tampa store does not stick with company culture
Shopkeeper/IKEA Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2016
IKEA as a whole is fantastic. Unfortunately IKEA Tampa does not adhere to the founders philosophy. Mid level managers are very hard working and dedicated. Senior managers are cliquey
Pros
team
Cons
upper management is clique
Productive workplace with good food and well priced household items
Cahier (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 6, 2016
A typical day at work is just meeting new people learning their cultures and why they've entered the work place. Everyone that I work with/around are very friendly and helpful, I would say the hardest part of this job is trying to answer customers questions without the knowledge of knowing the precise answer, and the most enjoyable is getting to eat.
Pros
co-worker meal deals, and having a nice amount of break time
Cons
Short hours.
working at IKea
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAMay 4, 2016
miserable, no appreciation for employees, do not value family, promotions only offered to manager's favorites, discrimination, HD dept is the worst and management
benefits
Cons
everything
Productive and fun place to work
Front Line Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 4, 2016
Best place I have ever worked. Sometimes management could be a little all over the place. Ex. One manager would say sort the bags, another manager walks over and asks why you are sorting bags and tell you to do something else but there is always someone who is over the two who is willing to listen and resolve any issues. Flexible work schedules, clean restrooms with a shower and is separated from customers restrooms. Available quiet room for if ever you need a minute to get a peace of mind, great incentives for good workers. Schedules are put up three weeks in advance, annual Christmas parties and gifts. Associates are always given an opportunity to move up and how long you keep the job truly depends on you.
Pros
Lunch discounts, great menus, healthy vending machines, great staff, paid vacation, personal and sick time, 401 K Plans
Productive workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lebec, CAMay 4, 2016
The work was simple as far as task clarity, fast paced, and made time go really quickly. The environment is very positive and energetic.
Ikea job
Cashier/Smalland/Greeter (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 1, 2016
I really enjoy working for Ikea. I think it is a great company to work for. I like being part of a team, and I enjoy working with my co-workers. Also the managers and team leads are really great.
It's a job...
Inflow co-worker (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 29, 2016
The company itself is a great company to work for, with an amazing benefit package for a retail employer. The management, however, lacks any real leadership skills. They are glorified number crunchers with inflated egos.
Pros
Incredible benefits
Cons
Management lacks leadership skills
Management is racist,and show has favoritism
GOOD FLOW COWORKER (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 27, 2016
Ikea sunrise denied me a credit purchase I had no write ups what so ever and was told because I was a temporary co worker . But the ikea policy states I could have made that purchase. THEN FIRED ME !
Pros
GOOD PAY
Cons
NO HOURS, NO JOB STABLEILITY
Awesome place to work!
IT Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 27, 2016
it was home for me for 12 years! treasured every single moment and its one of the best employers to work for. its the best retail company to work for and there are many opportunities to grow.
Fun environment but not so happy about work hours
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 27, 2016
This company was fun to work for, but even though I was full time I never got to work more than 32 hours which didn't make any sense.