IKEA Employee Reviews

Found 1,268 reviews matching the search
Great company loved my time there
Shopkeeper-Market Hall (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJune 12, 2017
IKEA is a place for someone with high energy, a youthful spirit and a desire to take on responsibility. You need to be self motivated and willing to help out anywhere. You need to take charge of your personal development and partner in your growth.
Pros
Fun and empowering environment Great corporate culture Coworkers are appreciated and seen as talent
Cons
Its retail so weekends are a must, Store is always understaffed, but this is getting better, Technology lags behind the times
good to meet different people
Sales Co-worker II (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJune 11, 2017
have the ability to meet people from all different lives able to make great friends from working there while learning how to work in a fast paced environment
This, by far, has had to be my most favorite job to date.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 11, 2017
I was a greeter at IKEA. I absolutely loved my job.I also had the privilege to work in Smaland. I had to quit due to a move out of state. If it were possible, I would have transferred, but the closest IKEA was 3 hours away.
Home Delivery (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 9, 2017
Ikea is a great place to work. They treat you good and pay you well too. They give you paid time off and the cafe for the employees is great. They actually treat you like a person even though they are part of a huge business.
Discounted food and custom made meals for employees!!
Front lanes (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJune 6, 2017
Discounted food and custom made meals for employees. Still a retail job but the Swiss company mindset is very refreshing from normal american retailers.
Pros
Discounted food and custom made meals for employees!!
Cons
No free weekends and gets very busy Friday thru Sunday
Good Pay but small job sercurity
GFO (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJune 6, 2017
it was alright but strict. I don't really like to talk bad about anything job security was always unstable. Good job for college kids though helped me with extra cash.
Overall Good Company
Safety & Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2017
The company does a good job with providing quality services for their employee. The provide inexpensive meals, offer holiday events and support individual development.
Pros
Cons
Lack of growth opportunities (very lean )
Seriosly
Customer Service Returns & Home Delivery (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 4, 2017
A day at Ikea is very busy and serious. I have learned to see customer expectation and work very well as a team and independently. Ikea is a very busy company.
It was quick paced and extreme tentative.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJune 4, 2017
It is normally a day with something to do besides being with guests at Ikea. There are many things to do such as cleaning, replenishing, and fixing items. The workplace is great, all the coworkers are friendly and highly knowledgeable.
Pros
Low pay lunch and discounts on products.
Cons
Inconsistent hours and management of employees.
Going through a company wide re-structure that eliminates most leadership
Visual Merchandiser/Retail Designer (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 3, 2017
I have had great luck at this company for the last 10 years, and last year they announced a giant re-structure. With this restructure most leadership positions were either eliminated or moved to a district office and require 75% travel, thus eliminating anyone with a family. Vacations are plentiful....as long as they agree with the "needs of the business." I get 6 weeks of vacation, but can only take time off during specific times of the year. I am given 5 sick days a year, and cannot use my PTO in place if my kid is sick. They claim work/life balance but at my store it is non-existent. The design team is completely used and abused and is made to re-stock the store and run cash registers when it gets busy, but never gets any help in return.
Great work- life balance
Safety and Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 2, 2017
IKEA is a great company to work for that offers great benefits and pay and is a company that includes allowing employees to maintain a work-life balance that is not always seen in the workforce.
Pros
Good insurance plans, 401K, work-life balance
Cons
depending on the job, not very fast paced, equipment and software programs are sometimes outdated
ikea
Warehouse Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Lebec, CAJune 1, 2017
i learned how to drive all forklifts in there, it was a fun job. All the co-workers got along fairly well. management was not that good, hr was great there
The Best Company to Work for.
Safety and Security Agent (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 1, 2017
I have dedicated four years of my like to working for IKEA. In those four years I have met some of the best people there and I have learned so much, such as; leadership skills, mentoring,managing,coaching and leading others. This in turned me into the leader that I am today.
Pros
Free gifts, pool table, hopscotch and basketball, 401k, medical benefits
Cons
corruptions within higher managment, not enough black managers.
Productive work environment, stressful
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 1, 2017
The work place started out fun and productive, but management has dimminished and I no long enjoy working there. We are constantly understaffed. Not enjoyable anymore.
Good culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CAMay 31, 2017
IKEA is a very nice place to work. The benefits and vacation time given are exceptional. If you are lucky to get a manager that reflects IKEA values then your job will be easy. The hard part is there is a large amount of customers in the store. So if you are comfortable with large crowds and repetitive customer interactions then you will do great.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Large crowds of customers
Ikea was a good learning experience as far as operating machines learning how to work on them a fun enviornment
Machine Operator forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, VAMay 30, 2017
It was a good workplace a lot of learning experience far as hands on working on the machines learning different machines and how to calibrate changeover machines how they work etc
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 30, 2017
Ikea was a great place to work at fun and enjoyable. Ikea had a fun atmosphere about it I enjoyed working everyday and sometimes didn't want to leave work.
Fun, energetic place to work.
Customs imports specialist (Current Employee) –  Westampton, NJMay 30, 2017
I've truly enjoyed my 23 plus years with IKEA. IKEA has given me much opportunity for advancement in my time with the company. I have gained much experience in logistics in my time with IKEA.
Pros
Excellent employer, opportunities for advancement from entry level.
Cons
Office moving out of state. Commute is too far now. Unable to relocate.
Its a okay place
Full serve clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2017
Its a okay place to work, the employs are okay people. Its a good company to work for, its hard work but it keeps me busy all the time there is aways something too do.
Plocker
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Perryville, MDMay 29, 2017
My typical day at Ikea was,
First come in and make sure you have a forklift for the day, do the safety inspections, and to make sure your monitor works. Next you go back and talk to your team lead and see what your goals are today number wise and were you are placed in the warehouse. I worked 10 hour days, 4 days on 3 days off with over time if wanted.

hardest part of the job I would say is getting your number consistently when you not all the products are on the floor.

most enjoyable is when you get your numbers goal of the day and the warehouse manager congratulates you on a job well done
Pros
great company, good working environment
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.