IKEA

1.3K reviews

IKEA Employee Reviews

Great Culture
ACTIVITIES SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJune 13, 2015
Great place to work for a work and life balance. Offer great benefits and a fun work environment. Offers a true sense of working together to get ultimate results.
Happy work environent
Equipment/Forklift Operator-Order Picker (Current Employee), Lebec, CAJune 11, 2015
A typical day involves driving a forklift and stacking or palletizing product onto a pallet . The best part of the job is driving the forklift .
it is difficult
Cook/Staff Cook (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAJune 9, 2015
Pros: benefits are great
Cons: corrupted management
I learned a couple things
Management does have is issues
Micromanagement does happen a lot
i enjoyed working with my co workers
too many changes and not being told about
appreciation is there if they like you
advancement is hard if you do not know people well
Fast paced environment with opportunities to learn about a new culture
Cold Food Prep (Current Employee), Round RockJune 7, 2015
Pros: Nice co-worker lounge
Cons: Attendance Policy as far as being sick, literally
A typical day in my position is to be a cashier while cooking food. Most of my co-workers were enjoyable and management was nice. Management failed to post schedules within policy and played favoritism. The job is not difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning a new culture.
Good benefits, poor management
Customer Service & Sales Representative (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJune 7, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Uneducated managers
The job being in Retail had varying hours that were sometimes 1 day a week to almost a full week of 14 hours a day.

The job is a good starter job and gave me a lot of experience. The company growth for employees was low however under the right management could possibly allow growth and help gaining more responsibility.

Management was unorganized and gave a lot of write-ups to many undeserving people. I think the principal job culture of Ikea is very good but I see it gets lost in translation by managers that don't really care for the company and see this as a job and not a career.
Great management and benefits
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Nottingham, MDJune 6, 2015
Ikea is an awesome place to work for with a lot of advancements opportunities. They are very strict with their attendance policy but so should every other job.
Productive and fun environtment
Cashier (Current Employee), Emeryville, CAJune 4, 2015
Pros: 3.00 meal deal everyday, eat for free, benefit, employee purchase, 5% discount
Cons: none
I love working for Ikea it's a great company my co-worker are friendly and my managers are helpful in everything I do human resource are great also we all work together as one team.
Ikea
Service Clerk (Former Employee), West Sacramento, CAMay 29, 2015
Fun environment to work at, they love individuality and are always changing things up. Loved working on the floor dealing with customers and building models.
Product place where you feel wanted
sales (Current Employee), hicksville nyMay 28, 2015
Pros: great benifits, many employee activities
Lots of traffic in this place on the weekend. Everyone works together to keep things running smoothly. The coworkers are great to work with. Working here you feel wanted and appreciated.
Ikea Houston
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 26, 2015
Good place to work. The benefits are great. You need to have your own initiative to work, you will not be micromanaged. If you need help you can always call someone to help you out. Management generally tries to work with your schedule.
Sales and Customer service (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Amazing benefits, coworker purchase programs, meal deals, paid trainings
Cons: Time management, lack organization skills
The workload at IKEA can get hectic from time to time, but it's all worth it. At the end of the day, you're working with people that don't make it feel like work. The everyday tasks, in addition to special projects, give you the freedom to make what decision you believe are beneficial to your department, the store, and mainly, the customer. Opportunities for advancement are slower than usual. It's difficult to make time to complete trainings when you have daily routines to maintain. I've learned that time management is a huge part of how you work and what you do when you work. Management is always supportive and will actually listen to what you have to say when you have a concern. Those concerns are taken seriously and most of the time, a solution is brought forward and implemented. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure that everything looks perfect. If everything is presentable and in the right place, I'm at peace.
Great benefits
Retail Sales (Current Employee), Centennial, COMay 26, 2015
Great benefits. Upper management clueless about everyday issues. Too many meetings and irrelevant training. Communication is sub par.
high school environment where the high school dweebs call the shots
customer realtions (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 25, 2015
Pros: Vacation time
Cons: healthcare, and you are not valued
Unless you are team lead or manager you dont have adequate work life balance. Especially in the summer at ikea Brooklyn. They company sweedish prinicipals are poorly executed at the store. Manager and team lack the ability to manage and lead team. They collect check and make costly mistakes. The only reason why they thrive is because of the inflow of convient customers. However the staff at the store are juvenile and cant seem to work together to meet the customer needs. They make broken promises to the customer as well as the coworker. They need a new steering group
Excellent workplace with great employees
Cashier (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJMay 22, 2015
Pros: Being around good co-workers, the convience of having our own lunch for co-workers only
Cons: Price tags confused customers, not enough registers open at times
Loved the atmosphere. Great employees and managers. I was able to seek out help that I needed with no problem. I learned a lot about the company that I didnt know before. I always walked in ready to work. I felt like I was in college, the way everyone spoke to one another and were there for each other. The hardest part was making sure the customers came down the right side of the cash registers as well as getting them on the registers that took the correct form of payment (some registers accepted cash, some credit/debit). The most enjoyable part was the fact that the employee lounge was so comfortable using IKEA furniture.
Great Place to Work
Swedish Food Market Specialist (Former Employee), Canton, MIMay 19, 2015
Great benefits, great co-workers, PTO, 401k match, unique place to work - customers come from all over the region to get IKEA products
Stepping stone
Cashier (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYMay 19, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: short breaks
Ikea was a great place to work for, management changed and so did rules and employees. Employees were constantly changing, that should tell you something
Friendly and benificial work environment
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJMay 14, 2015
Ikea is a great place to work. The management and employees are all very friendly and informative. The benefits they offer are very affordable and competitive with other companies. I highly recommend working here.
Productive but Problematic Staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 8, 2015
Pros: Cheap lunches, great starting pay
Overall the job was enjoyable, but the management has a habit of hiring people that would skip work and make other people pick up the slack.
Logistics Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 1, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work with a great environment and opportunity to grow and advance. Great benefits and a very good work culture to be a part of.
Productive and team Oriented
Cashier (Current Employee), New Haven, CTApril 28, 2015
-Simple work day with great management staff
-Work goes by smoothly and quickly when everyone is working as a team
-most coworkers are team players and get along well with others
-unruly customers can make the job undesirable but that"s in all retail
Revenue