IKEA Employee Reviews

Fun and fast paced environment
Customer service/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CADecember 16, 2017
The retail sales floor is extremely busy always and they will move you around to different job titles. I was a cashier, warehouse worker, restaurant server, Sales associate, and stocked the shelves during a 2 1/2 years i was there. The others are inconstant based on how and when you applied, they generally don't offer overtime. The benefits are good and the people are usually nice. It's a constant on your feet job no matter what department you work.
Pros
catered lunches sometime
Cons
short lunch breaks, no advancement options.
Great Place to work
Graphic Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 16, 2017
IKEA has a great environment to work in! Great benefits and work life balance. Work is high intensity and can be stressful with the fast pace environment.
IKEA - Management Concerns
Self Serve Warehouse Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Renton, WADecember 14, 2017
If you are looking for a part-time job that gives you (somewhat) flexible hours, good insurance benefits, low chance of moving up, and managers that are more concerned with their own image more than the improvement of the departments they operate in then working at IKEA should be alright for you.

It's good if you don't mind being left on your own to figure things out.
Managers will remain upstairs among their peers conversing while co-workers maintain the professional image of the company, and receive secret surveys conducted by test shoppers about performance without receiving enough information from superiors to effectively give enough information to provide to the customer to ensure the best possible experience.
Pros
Cafeteria, Paid Time Off increases over tenure, Insurance rates good
Cons
Food is not good, PTO starts small at first, Tease bonuses
It was a nice place to work for
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDDecember 14, 2017
Working in Ikea Brooklyn was a pleasant experience. worked at Ikea here in Maryland it was a temp assignment and was just as fun working here in Maryland as working for Ikea in Brooklyn New York
Pros
Is a fun exciting job
Cons
The distance to travel to work was too far
Ikea Danville has Poor Management
Raw Material Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Ringgold, VADecember 14, 2017
The job I have at Ikea I absolutely love. The only issue I have with Ikea Danville is they have poor management. In the 9+ years that I have been here I am now on my 11 plant manager. We continue to run scrap every day and we have never made our goals. The moral of the people has always and still is very low. The people here are not friendly, they do not want to train or help others or work as a team. I have stayed with Ikea for many years due to I believed that with hard work and team work we can over come the issues. Unfortunately I have lost faith in this company.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
working at ikea
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 13, 2017
Sales- assisting with products, customers, and inventory in the Home Organization Department
-Cooperating with colleagues from other departments in making the product range irresistible and easy for customers to access.
-Maintaining product cleanliness, appealing presentation, and price labeling
-Most enjoyable part is helping customers design their home
-Hardest part is finding solutions for unhappy customers
Pros
flexible schedule, benefits, paid time off
Cons
retail hours, busy environment, unhappy cusotmers
Ping pong table
HR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West, ThurrockDecember 13, 2017
Collaborative working environment and the staffs are welcoming as well as some of the management staffs. The job security at IKEA is not certain and there is high level of labor turnover.
Okay place to work
SAFETY COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 10, 2017
Overall, is a good place to work but training part for any position could be better. I think as a new hire shouldn't have a feeling that i was thrown out to the field to fast.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Should have longer training for employees
Fun place to work
Home Furnishing Consultant (Former Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CADecember 9, 2017
Every day at IKEA was a chance to develop and advance. The culture at my location was really about self-motivation, and the management was fairly good at seeking this out.
Pros
great team, decent benefits, immersive culture
Cons
short breaks
Truck unloader
Warehouse Employee (Current Employee) –  Port Wentworth, GADecember 9, 2017
It's an ok company to work for. Plenty of overtime and great benefits. Just wish management and training were better but something I wouldn't recommend long-term
Very productive and well organized workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 8, 2017
The work environment was really well placed with each department and their roles. Managers are excellent with their teams and organizing great communication.
Fast-paced,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 7, 2017
A normal work day would begin with endless lines, especially on weekends that then turn into reshelfing products.
I learned how to deal with customers in many different situations.
hardest part of the job was having to do things you weren't trained in, when other employee's were far behind.
Pros
discount on products
Cons
standing all day, short breaks
IKEA is a cool place to work
Furniture Builder (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 6, 2017
You get amazing benefits at IKEA, it has a very diverse and inclusive culture. The management tries to make the working experience for staff as pleasant as possible. Usually IKEAs are understaffed, so you can feel a little over worked, but its fun regardless.
no place for growth ikea Ponce PR
Communication and Interior Design (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRDecember 5, 2017
The IKEA Puerto Rico concept own by sartom ruins Ikea franchise like the one in US. they make costumer travel to the store, then order and wait 24 to 48 hours to revive the merchandiser and in many cases something goes wrong and have tow wait more day and return to the store to pick it up
very productive
General Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Perryville, MDDecember 5, 2017
This job was driving a fork lift all night. First I was not into working the late hours and also driving a fork lift and picking items all night just wasn't my type of job.
Worked for IKEA whist travelling.
Goods flow/Self serve co-worker (Former Employee) –  Tempe/SpringvaleDecember 3, 2017
I worked for IKEA whilst of a working holiday visa in Australia at there Tempe and Springvale stores. I worked as part of the goods flow team in Sydney replenishing the store before opening and on the main shop floor in Melbourne helping customers. I can honestly say that IKEA is one of the best companies I've ever worked for, they have amazing people and ways of getting the job done. If you want to have fun whilst getting the job done with almost unlimited scope for development, IKEA is the company for you.
Pros
everything
Cons
apart form early starts
Fun and respectful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 2, 2017
IKEA was a great company that respected all of the workers there. Managers were mostly kind and never put too much pressure on the co-workers. As a cashier I handled money and there was never an issue where money was missing in my full year of working there.
Friendly environment.
Customer Support and Cart Handler (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTDecember 2, 2017
There are lots of happy, hard working and great team players that work at IKEA. I always enjoyed coming into work and using teamwork to make sure that all IKEA customers were satisfied with both purchasing their products and safely loading them into their vehicles.
Pros
Discounted lunch.
Cons
Working alone for too long.
Fun an fast paced
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MANovember 30, 2017
Working at IKEA was ver fast paced an I️ wouldnt recomend it to anyone who isn’t into warehouse or fast paced work environment or anything dealing with picking orders
Pros
Flexible
Excellent workplace, bosses want the best for you
Product Quality Co-worker (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 28, 2017
Great company, even better working experience. I cherish the time I've spent at the company and I wouldn't leave if it were not for a better opportunity coming to me.
Pros
Sustainability is through the roofs, good working conditions, good pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.