IKEA
1,244 reviews

IKEA Employee Reviews

great place to work with great coworkers
cashier (Former Employee), covina, CAFebruary 8, 2015
great place to work with great managers and coworkers. fairly on time when it comes to breaks, lunches, and the end of your shifts
it's a good company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee), Covina, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: they act like they have your back but they don't
Cons: u can't trust no one
I enjoy working at that store I was at it was the people in the office that's was the problem in my department the management was great
Productive workplace allows selling experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee), West Chester, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: support
Cons: distance
Learned how to manage multiple responsibilities, such as preparing inventory arrivals. Directing and consulting customers to a purchase. Management was decentralized allowed co-workers to speak with management easily.
terrible work enviorment
picker (Former Employee), perryvileFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free capicinos
Cons: everyone complained, every tried to get people in trouble, nasty work enviorment
I learned a lot about picking and factory work. and I defanitly learned a lot about team work. it just didn't have the right people in management
Team Oriented
Smaland Coworker/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: good amenities
Cons: snakes in the grass
The Ikea environment was fairly pleasant. My co-workers were friendly and everyone looked out for one another. Management is mediocre, but I blame it on the size of the company; there's always alot going on. I did learn alot from working with such a large company. Patience, teamwork, and understanding of others.
Awesome PLace of employment
Loader/unloader (Former Employee), Perryville MDJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: to many to list
would work for Ikea again if they ever put a distribution center near me. Awesome place to work with great people and management
3 year-Cashier (Former Employee), West SacramentoJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great management team, excellent benefits for part-time and full-time employees
Ikea was a great place to be employed at. I felt very comfortable and friendly feeling from all associates, had a great time with customers from far countries. They provide a flexible work schedule and benefit package to employees. Great environment to work in.
Still a great company!
Team Leader (Former Employee), College Park, MDJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great hiring within!
Cons: assets protection stinks.
Although I was let go from this company for a completely dumb reason, all because of a signature verification, this place is an amazing and awesome place to work. Great benefits, compensation, recognizes it's coworkers extremely well, and the promotion from within is just awesome. Loved working here and wish I were still there!
Great work and learning experience
Delivery Truck Driver & assembly (Former Employee), Merriam, KSJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: enjoyed it, something good to wake up to each morning knowing that a had a good job to go to
Cons: communication
At IKEA I greeted people, went to their house and assembled their purchases.

I learned that if you put your mind to anything, you can do it. I never thought I could do what I did in learning to put things together.

The hardest part of my job was starting something I knew nothing about.

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people
A Job where there are opportunity to grow
Logistics Expeditor (Current Employee), West Park, FLJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: heathcare
Being Swedish it is a proud moment to work at IKEA. It's a fast paste environment and I thrive in that. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customer service aspect. Love the interaction with people and you get to meet people from all walks of life.
Good company
Home Delivery Co-Worker (Former Employee), Renton, WAJanuary 16, 2015
Good company to work for. Amazing co-workers and good vibes.
great place
Customer Service Representative/ Returns Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2015
great place to be they have awesome benefits and they treat their employees well. there is room for growth here
Good work enviroment
Inflow Team Member (Current Employee), Centennial, COJanuary 13, 2015
Basic receiving job. Lots of various types of people. Good working environment. Sometimes its hard maintaining damage free product on receiving due to bad loads. Good on understanding reasons for tardiness, and days off.
Not the best place to work for
Team Leader/Shift Manager (Former Employee), Perryville, MDJanuary 9, 2015
As one of the only young black people woking here I wasn't treated very well!
Machine operator (Former Employee), Danville, VAJanuary 7, 2015
Great benefits with job security
easy job promotions
flexible hours
holiday pay was a plus
Flexibale and Supportive
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Sunrise FLJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: felxibility, advancement, environment
Cons: political.
Ikea's philosophy and culture positively drive the staff. Their open door policy allows for honest and effective communication. In addition, each individual employee has a "development plan". Here, they sit with their direct supervisor and not just discuss, but implement actions towards a growing career at Ikea. Because of this procedure, I myself have different levels of education on multiple departments. Thusly, they keep us informed with business plans, domestically and internationally, as well as request feedback.

Overall, a family is built out of employees there. Hostility between co-workers is rare.

Details on Cons: Higher end positions seem to be granted to those who are "obligated" to the title as opposed to those who truly deserve it.
nice enviroment
Office Support (Former Employee), Forest Park, GADecember 24, 2014
Replenishment Specialist Responsibilities included restocking store items in self-serve and market hall department.Retail furniture sales
Management Team
Aftersales Advisor (Former Employee), Nottingham,MDDecember 21, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits, co workers, close to mall
Typical day at work of a Aftersales Advisor consist of taking calls from customers with multiple problems. Anything that a average customer service representative could handle. as far as the "IKEA Way" of things. The management team SUCKS. it mostly consist of who like who more or whose friends with who. Your work ethic means nothing at IKEA, you can be the worst problem solver and still surpass a qualified candidate for promotion! This job would be a lot easier or work better if the whole HR and Management team were replaced. There is more I could say about this unethical company, But I do not want to waste any more of my time..
fast pace and productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Brooklyn,NYDecember 17, 2014
Pros: cheap and delicious lunch
Cons: somewhat hectic environment
As a cashier at IKEA i was required to handle a minimum of 34 customers an hour,my average was 38-45.IKEA helped me in retail alot because it made me become more effective faster.My supervisors were awesome! they were hands on and informative and showed a great deal of respect.My co-workers were even better i've developed great relationships even 2 years after i ended my tenure there.The hardest part was getting a feel for everything in the beginning and keeping up a steady pace.The most enjoyable part was my co-workers and having the customers leave with a smile on there face
A Family-friendly place to work
Commercial Swedish Food Market & Bistro Asst. mgr (Current Employee), AtlantaDecember 17, 2014
A typical day at IKEA is opening the store starting your routines, preparing for the customers, I have learned a lot about sales, how to sale steer your product etc. The coworkers are the best and the most enjoyable part of a typical day at this store. The hardest part of the day is dealing with a difficult customer.

About IKEA

IKEA is a Swedish company registered in the Netherlands that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture (such as beds, chairs, – Read more

IKEA Salaries