IKEA Employee Reviews in United States

Exasperating work environment, very little support
call center coworker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 2, 2015
Company sells quality products, has innovative ideas, but does a very poor job implementing new and progressive ways of doing business. With any change, it takes an extremely long time to implement. Company uses very outdated work methods and ancient technology.
Pros
decent health benefits
Cons
short lunch, difficult to impossible to take accrued vacation time
Productive and fun place to work with perks!
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2016
Ikea was a good job but they need to be more specific with the perks as far as what you can have and what you can't! Good benefits with a friendly work environment. Furniture and decors for the entire home.
Pros
Free lunch, breakfast, and sometimes dinner along with employe discounts!
Cons
Too strict with some of their displanairy actions.
Friendly and benificial work environment
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 14, 2015
Ikea is a great place to work. The management and employees are all very friendly and informative. The benefits they offer are very affordable and competitive with other companies. I highly recommend working here.
Productive and A Great Place
Packer (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MAJuly 20, 2015
Got hours I needed.
Learned different positions.
Management was decent.
Co-Workers worked as a team.
Hardest part was working with equipment that didn't work.
Most enjoyable part was working as a team.
Pros
Overtime Benefits
Cons
Healthcare Coverage
Excellent Company
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Westampton, NJApril 22, 2016
IKEA very good company to work for great work environment always room to grow, family oriented environment typical work day is always busy but fun company has a lot of activities to keep you on your feet Talent week is the best you get to learn about the diversity within the company different career roles
Pros
service rewards, Co worker purchases
very fun, loving productive place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  baltimoreAugust 17, 2015
everyday is always a adventure I work at Ikea and the loft. I am very a hard focus type of person. when it comes to work, I am very fast into what I need to do to get the job done. My managers are very helpful and they are willing to let their co-workers give them suggestion to make the business grow. Working with Ikea the most I learn to be a consist co worker and never stop trying. I do volunteer to help out other department and to get involve with the community. my co-workers are exactly like me in a way we are out going, very fun, talkative type of people. we love to make each other smile and laugh but if one of us is struggling then we a team so everyone is struggling. the most enjoyable part is that I am getting good benefits but I am willing to be a part to a great company and is known from all my peers that I am willing to do more and better things. especially if I willing to change department or help with volunteering to deliver soft toys to Kennedy Krueger institute.
Pros
co-worker meal, discounts, healthcare benifits, other benfits outside with ikea
Cons
short breaks, sometimes lack of team works, stressful days with avaiablitity
IKEA Kitchen Sales
Certified Kitchen Seller (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 2, 2015
Your main responsibility is to Increase Complete Kitchen sales by utilizing effective selling skills and tools to satisfy customer needs. Use all available tools and coach kitchen customers through the self-planning process of buying a kitchen by assisting with planning kitchen designs and layout solutions.

Management is fantastic but really unbalanced. At times, a common sense decision takes days to figure out extending the frustration of the coworker/customer; whatever the situation may be.

Co-Workers are awesome. Great relationships created.

Opportunities for advancement available if ready to commit.
Pros
Co-Worker meal deal $3.00
Cons
Weekends tend to be understaffed. High paced environment.
Real nice company to work for.
Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Perryville, MDJune 30, 2015
IKEA is a real nice company to work for. They have a rich and interesting culture. They have great benefits. They treat their workers real good and have a lot of room to grow within the company.
Maintenace support
Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) (Former Employee) –  ringold vaNovember 8, 2015
the guys you work with directly are good support but each shift helps themselves. Management needs to step up and make emplyoees work it.
Pros
clean
Cons
fighting between shifts
Fast paced environment with opportunities to learn about a new culture
Cold Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Round RockJune 7, 2015
A typical day in my position is to be a cashier while cooking food. Most of my co-workers were enjoyable and management was nice. Management failed to post schedules within policy and played favoritism. The job is not difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning a new culture.
Pros
Nice co-worker lounge
Cons
Attendance Policy as far as being sick, literally

Want to know more about IKEA?

Ask a question
Can be a fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 7, 2015
I loved working at Ikea. They gave Company parties, free lunches in summertime. Some managers where good people to work for and easy to get along with. They let you and your coworkers solve problems before bringing it to management.
Pros
free lunches, company parties, holiday gifts
Cons
hard to make fulltime
Flexible hours and competitive pay
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 10, 2015
Ikea offers a lot of great benefits and pay. Their minimum wage is over $12/ hr and is going to rise again. The people there are nice and there is plenty of opportunity to switch departments or just work in other areas on some days to get more hours. You also have the opportunity to work at other stores or move up and become a manager. They have a great holiday party in December and throughout the year they have fun activities and give away prizes. They also donate money and help to local charities as well.
receiving
Logistic/Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 19, 2015
driving power equipment unloading trucks of fright to restock the store as well as putting over stock in over head locations the coworkers are great
Pros
doing the job, getting to go from state to state
Cons
management
Full Service Hand-out/ Full Serve Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 24, 2016
Works around your schedule
Productive and understanding
Leaves room to grow and move up throughout IKEA
Worked for company for almost eight years
Management Team
Aftersales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham,MDDecember 21, 2014
Typical day at work of a Aftersales Advisor consist of taking calls from customers with multiple problems. Anything that a average customer service representative could handle. as far as the "IKEA Way" of things. The management team SUCKS. it mostly consist of who like who more or whose friends with who. Your work ethic means nothing at IKEA, you can be the worst problem solver and still surpass a qualified candidate for promotion! This job would be a lot easier or work better if the whole HR and Management team were replaced. There is more I could say about this unethical company, But I do not want to waste any more of my time..
Pros
healthcare benefits, co workers, close to mall
Fair pay but lack of management
Contact Center Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDOctober 13, 2015
I enjoyed the hours and the pay but management was pretty much non existant. A lot of the time people were not on the same page about specific things.
Pros
good hours, no goals
Cons
short breaks, barely saw management
overall a great company - the Tampa store does not stick with company culture
Shopkeeper/IKEA Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2016
IKEA as a whole is fantastic. Unfortunately IKEA Tampa does not adhere to the founders philosophy. Mid level managers are very hard working and dedicated. Senior managers are cliquey
Pros
team
Cons
upper management is clique
Good Company doing GREAT things
Safety and Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Perryville, MDJuly 15, 2015
IKEA, as a whole, is an outstanding place to work. Great pay, benefits and the first company that REALLY stresses work/life balance.
Pros
Good Pay, GREAT discounts, fun environment
good work environment, awesome employees.
Reach Truck Operator, forklift driver. (Former Employee) –  Lebec, CAApril 25, 2016
on a daily basis i was a reach operator. as a reach operator i was in charge replenishment's among the warehouse. i learned a lot of functions at ikea from picking plock, loading parcel, loading trucks with forklifts, inbound, outbound etc.
Great company to work for
Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDOctober 17, 2015
This is a great company to work for. They have great benefits for employees and treat the employees very well. They also have tuition reimbursement, which not many companies have anymore.