IKEA Employee Reviews

Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJanuary 10, 2018
good job
acceptable pay and hours
excellent benefits
i opened and closed the store on a regular basis. I helped customers with purchases and directed them in areas of the store.
Fun place to interact with children
Customer Service (Ball-room) (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 9, 2018
How to interact with a high volume of children and customers.
Hardest part of the job is when its busy and we are short staffed.
Replenishing items through out the store on a busy day is hard as well, but manageable.
Best company ever worked for in my life
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Rate IKEA one scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest,100.

Team work, team work, team work is essential. Pleasant place to work.

Really care for and about customers and employees.

Treat employees as family. Excellent pay and great benefits.
Pros
Culture of caring for customers and employees are above par.
Cons
nothing.
nice people
Inflow Satellite Manager (Former Employee) –  monsJanuary 9, 2018
I met very nice people, Customer and a great team.
nice job in a good environment, working in a store is fun and interresting in a people view.
Great store
Ok experience
Sales (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Used to be a great company to work for before the restructure now employees are not challenged and are treated like numbers. Hard to advance unless you play politics
Great Job during college
Sales Associate/ Activity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 9, 2018
IKEA overall is a great place to work at however career advancements are limited and a lot of positions are dead-end jobs. I enjoyed my time that I worked there (5 years) while I was in college however now I´m ready to have a job that has regular hours
Pros
benefits, good pay, friendly co-workers
Cons
hours, retail
Ikea!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  PortlandJanuary 7, 2018
Ikea had many employees that promoted growth within the company. The work was always consitant and the flow of customers was very stable. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, and the office had an awesome cafeteria with discounted food for their employees. Ikea provides its employees with everything they need to get the job done.
Pros
the cafeteria
Cons
I ate too many cinnamon rolls and Swedish soda
Ikea
Reachtruck and Electric Pallet Jack operator (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJJanuary 7, 2018
Only a temporary position through another company; nice place to work; very interesting and busy; no benefits due to temporary position; learned how to unload freight that arrived on slip-sheets; the management team was very professional and helpful.
Pros
Management was great; friendly atmosphere.
Cons
Temp. job; low pay
I love working there
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Perryville, MDJanuary 6, 2018
Ikea is a great company to work for. All the great health benefits and even life insurance are what comes along with being employed there. Also every employee gets a decent discount on every purchase. Not only is there great room for advancement at Ikea, it also doesn't take very long. Training in different departments on different equipment is always available.
Very fast paced, repetative work place.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Perryville, MDJanuary 5, 2018
I enjoyed being a packer. I learned how to properly protect and package products. Management was awesomely understanding when it came to family emergencies. The best part was meeting new people.
Fullserve warehouse coworker (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Excellent medical insurance, excellent management and corporate culture.Good paid time offs. Good coworkers. Learn a lot about work at warehouse. Teach for drive forklift machines.
Good work environment, unfair treatment
Merchandising Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Working at IKEA is great depending on what job title you have. My job title had 10x's the work as others in the store but those other positions got paid more than me. I had been there for 4 and half years and I was getting paid less than new hires who just started and they did much less and had much less knowledge.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Small room for advancement
Productive and relaxed workplace
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 4, 2018
There is lots of stocking, it's very easy to learn. Managers are all easy to work with and the atmosphere was relaxed. Everyone is paid the same amount. During the later part of the summer it can get more chaotic, when they have K-Drop.
Pros
Free Lunches, gifts, 15 minute breaks, tv
Cons
night shift hours
Warehouse Coworker (Former Employee) –  Lebec, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Great place to work. Team Leaders are very supportive. Fellow coworkers are friendly and helpful. There is carpool available, and public transportation.
Pros
Gadorade provide when tempertures are above 100 degress.
Cons
Lack of teamwork.
Fun Place to work for!
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Excellent Company to work for!!!! Benefits are also amazing! Fun atmosphere and amazing co-workers, and managers. A lot of room to explore through the company and a lot of opportunities.
Pros
Employee Discount's
Cons
The new changes the company is going through
A Friendly and Fun Place to Work as IKEA goes the Long Way to Care for its Employees
Facility Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lebec, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Overall, IKEA provides the opportunity to be transparent as a Co-Worker and the opportunity to grow Professionally. It also enables one to become intimately involved with Projects given. Would Encourage Higher Management Teams to reach out more frequently to co-workers to know the potential and abilities of their co-worker teams.
Pros
Fun Place to work with IKEA Co-Workers
maintenance
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDJanuary 3, 2018
trade schools facilities maintenance building construction technology a lot of hands on work such as painting osha work with heavy objects work in ppe
Balanced and fun work environment
Home Decoration Coworker (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 3, 2018
Independent workplace with lots of collaboration and a happy work culture. Lots of training and available HR looking out for you. Many employee events and benefits. Recommend.
Pros
Free lunches, great retail job
Cons
Summer is busy season
Benefical
Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJanuary 2, 2018
Working at ikea isn't only fun but it gives each employee to move up in the company. A regular morning at work will consist of taking care of damaged inventory. Checking up on new inventory. Displaying and showcasing new products. The most enjoyable part of my job is having an chance to decorate an department and seeing your vision come through.
Pros
manaers see potiential in hard workers
workplace culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 1, 2018
I like working for ikea a lot of overtime a lot of room to move up in the company. If i could i would love to work for this company. They really are for the employee best interest.