Illinois Action for Children Employee Reviews in United States

typical day was great
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2016
It was a great place to work at the staff was very supportive as well.
I really enjoyed being there.it was a great place to be.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
different clients
fun work place
Mailroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2016
I love this job i was able to work at my own pace and eat freely through out the day the work place was high energy. the most enjoyable part of the day was going home
Great Place to Work
A state and national leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2016
Great mission, great benefits and great work/life balance. Employees believe in the mission, some have been with the organization 10, 15, 20 years.
Ready to Learn! Partner Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2016
IAFC is a great place to work, excellent benefits and the President is the bomb. Work days are fun, coworkers are great and the most enjoyable part of my day was the flexibilty
Slack on payments
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2016
It is an busy working days for myself but they do not pay on time in my needs. so looking for something better or second job.
Great people to work with
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2016
A typical day was never typical. Every day something new happened. Management and co workers were great. Illinois Action really took care of their staff.
Very comfortable work environment
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2016
My work was home based. Very much up to my speed. Very safe and comfortable environment for small children. Overall job was well worth it.
Outstanding agency provided needed services in the community
Head Start Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2015
Illinois Action for Children was an great place to work. As a Head Start Recruiter, I was given the opportunity to provide crucial educational training and information to parents. Many of these parents were in low-income brackets and were very grateful to find quality child care services.

I chose to move on from the agency due to low compensation, no benefits because the Head Start Recruiter position went from full time temporary to part time temporary. Consequently, there was very little job security or advancement.
Pros
Opportunity to increase my human services skills.
Cons
Low compensation, no benefits, little hope for advancement.
Very educational working with children that's not your own.
Childcare provider (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2015
Enjoyed the work with the children. The company works around your schedule, especially if you have another job. They do a very thorough back ground check before hiring someone.
Pros
Pay increase.
Cons
No healthcare. Can't claim unemployment.
Great Pay and Benefits
(CHA) Outreach and Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2015
The mission means everything. Work life balance is great. The pay is great as well. You will learn a lot working for this organization. However, do not expect to grow within this organization.

Want to know more about Illinois Action for Children?

Ask a question
I love being a positive influence on young children.
Home Daycare Provider (Current Employee) –  Richton Park, ILOctober 12, 2015
I like being a home child care provider because I love seeing children grow and learn. I am my own boss which is good; by me teaching the children and seeing them learn and grow is great; therefore, the children can enter kindergarten knowing everything they are to learn. The parents can go to work with a piece of mind.
Pros
Helping the parents with their children, the children are taught 'ABC's, how to count, colors, etc.
Cons
Sometimes it's hard to deal with picky eaters at breakfast and lunch.
fast pass, every changing keep you busy
FAMILY RESOURCE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2015
Over the years the way the work has been done in the department has changed. The change was needed to stay current with technology and the market. The hardest part is denials for familes in need.
Just ok
Family Resource Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2015
The benefits are good, and there is room for growth. However the pay is not the best. It is a friendly work environment with a flexible work schedule.
Under funded.
Child care provider (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2015
Sometimes i wouldn't even get paid. The office never answer there phone. in dire need of reform.The working parents need this in order to establish stability.
Decent program to work for.
Child Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2015
Decent program for working at home and gave an opportunity to take of my grandchild. It was also gave me a chance to be available to my child.
Cons
payment not reliable
First day at work.
childcare prodiver (Former Employee) –  chicago ilAugust 4, 2015
A typical day at work very interesting when I first start working I was very unconformable. The children didn't know me but they was getting to know then they got very conformable with me later on that day. I had a wonderful day with the children.
Pros
playing with the children
Cons
short breaks
You do alot and dont get paid enough for it.
Family Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2015
You do so much on the daily basis but don't get paid enough for it. The people here are great. Management dont have any respect for you. Thank goodness for our union.
A really great job experience
Child Care (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2015
I took time out from college back in 2001 to help provide for my little sister who is 18 now while my mom was at work because she couldn't find a responsible babysitter. It was a great job experience working at home the hard part i got to learn what it's like to take care of a child. I only got to provide for 1 child until she turned 13 because I couldn't get paid from the state also I dropped her off at school and picked her up.
productive work enviornment
Family resource specialist, part-time/temporary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2015
While working for IAFC I have learned how to determine parent eligibility for the program by reviewing applications , entering data , processing ,assigning , and scanning applications .
Enjoyable but tiring
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2015
A typical day working as a child care provider the child gets dropped off at my house then from there feed her at least 3 times change diapers at least 5 times play with her until nap time. The Hardest Part of the job was that the child was always and it was hard to keep her from getting the other kids sick and the parent didn't pay her co payments but i enjoyed spending time with the child she like to play and didn't cry much
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Checks takes way too long

Illinois Action for Children Reviews by Location