ILLINOIS CENTRAL COLLEGE Employee Reviews in United States

An Excellent Learning and Networking Experience
Writing Consultant and Creative Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILMarch 16, 2016
ICC was not only the place of my formal education, but also home to my first job experience as a professional designer and writing consultant. The environment was supportive and open, with lots of room to grow as an employee.
Pros
Reserved parking, tuition discounts after set period
productive and fun work place
Adjunct faculty (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJune 1, 2016
Great college that is constantly looking to perform well and do better. Students are awesome and staff are fantastic to work with.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Restricted to just associate degree
Nice place to be a student tutor
Student Tutor at MathLab (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILMarch 13, 2016
I worked as a math tutor at ICC as my first job ever. It was a very relaxed and low stress job that combined well with the classes I was currently taking at the time. Although I had 3 different supervisors during my time there, two them were fantastic and all of them I appreciated.
Great fun rewarding job
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILMay 29, 2016
Working in the writing center at ICC is one of the most rewarding positions I have ever worked. Working hands on with students can be challenging, but also very fun.
Daily Activities
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJuly 25, 2015
• Prepare course syllabi for classroom instruction in an experiential learning environment.
• Facilitate learning in Management, Business, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Sales, Supervision, and Human Relations in Business for ICC classes.
• Deliver lectures and facilitate discussions in a relaxed learning environment.
• Full understanding of the relationship of education, training, and organizational development, along with the responsible entities.
Pros
Great for Part Time Workers
Cons
Pay Rate is not Equitable for Education
A working and quiet environment
Student Assistant/Transcript Clerk (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJune 30, 2015
A typical day at work is just coming into work speaking to others and then getting my work done. Working at ICC I learned so much because my boss has me do so much. My co-workers I'm close to are very loving and we help one another. The management seem to me to be all over the place. The hardest part of my job is that I feel like since I type fast co-workers depend on me to much. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I'm able to tone people out, by putting my headphones in.
Pros
Discount on my school books
Cons
Don't get to park in the employee parking lot
Decreasing workforce and no benefits.
General Attendant III (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, IllinoisJuly 20, 2013
I found the clientele positive, appreciative and diverse. The job duties are well defined and the pay had been good for this type of work. The pay scale, opportunities to advance and benefits are now changing in a negative manner. The organization, in an effort to decrease costs, has implemented a new (less per hour) pay structure for incoming employees. The food service department which has approximately 40 employees has exactly ONE position that is full time and that offers benefits such as insurance. Part-time employees are not paid for any holidays and accrue sick time at a low rate. During summer and Christmas down times, only a very limited staff are employed, there is no unemployment and if you do work the hours are drastically reduced. Politics and low moral interferes with productivity in the food service department.
Pros
free classes after 1 year for the part-time employee, free meal in the food service department.
Cons
inconsistant management practices, no insurance for part-time, no work over vacations and no unemployment.
Competitive and tedious position in productive work environment
Editor-in-Chief of The Harbinger (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILNovember 6, 2012
I gained a lot of experience as the Editor-in-Chief of my college newspaper. I was thrown into the position with no experience at all and had a lot to learn. It was rocky at first as I was a freshman in college with new journalism experience but I am a competitive person and I like a challenge. I was responsible for managing and organizing all editors, writers, photographers, and advertisement partners. I also wrote my own stories, handled press releases, edited everyone else's stories, did all paper layout, and many other things.
Pros
competitive, stretching, exercised writing skills
Cons
low compensation, unmotivated staff
Productive and fun with understanding towards busy college students
library student worker (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILOctober 15, 2013
I love my Job at I.C.C. Everyday I get to come in with a smile and talk laugh and help the patrons and students of the library and the college. I've learned skills that are most useful in the library field such as shelving books and shelf reading them, how to navigate a LC library system and how to help a patron with multiple things from finding information to setting up a bibliography and searching a database.
Pros
great bosses set schedule knowledgeable and hard working co-workers
Cons
it's a student postition so there is no room for advancement or a raise
Productive and busy workplace with fun department activities.
Marketing Student Worker (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILApril 14, 2013
On a typical day I'd either work in the document service department or the marketing department. If I was working in marketing I'd be using Microsoft office to send out information to the community and faculty. I'd file important files regarding activities we hosted or I'd be shredding important files. The management on the department was great, we still keep in touch. I loved a majority of my co-workers and I had great respect for all of them. I loved working the fun events the college hosted.
Pros
free meals during activities, fun department meetings
Cons
short breaks
Love this job,it allows me to teach what i have learned over the years to new CNA's. Along with the skills and book knowledge they receive.
Associate of Applied Science, Registered Nursing (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 26, 2014
I am an adjunct staff member at ICC in Peoria Illinois. I love this job as it allows me to teach the students of the future. Along with the book knowledge, I also teach them the skills they will need to preform their jobs. I love to share my experiences, and knowledge I have received over the years. I tell them that I have walked in their shoes and understand the importance of the job they are about to learn to do
Pros
free class at icc per year
Cons
not enough hours
Great teaching opportunity
Adjunct Faculty/CNA Instructor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 25, 2015
As an adjunct faculty member, I have the opportunity to have an impact on the nursing services that are provided by every nursing aide I educate. This is rewarding to know I am having an impact on the quality of care being delivered.
Not organized but over educated in the cleaning field
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILOctober 17, 2014
I was not impressed with all the step by step training for the 1st couple of days. Cleaning can be different at different places due to the lack of cleaning supplies not provided properly by the employers. They trained us with the belief that all employers follow in compliance with all regulations. Though the quality of their cleaning solutions and techniques were well mapped out , they did not have the proper crew either not enough or to many workers. They made no effort to contact new employees until after (housekeeping) was already employed for 1-2months. They left disgruntled employees to
train you.
Pros
pay
Cons
not a promising job
Desktop Support Technician
Media Service Technician I (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJune 17, 2014
Answer incoming calls from students and staff
Co-workers were helpful
Management was great
Nothing was really hard about the job
Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I have made someone's day easier and sufficient
Pros
great place to work
Cons
n/a
Great place
T/C (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILAugust 3, 2014
Great place to work. I was only part time so did not get benefits (insurance, pto, etc.) If you worked over a certain number of hours, you could get up to two free three hour classes per semester. The college did preach that they cared about you but it did not seem particle or true.
Pros
free classes
Cons
administration is very withdrawn from people who aren't professors
This company was very inspiring and allowed me to advance as a leader.
Office of Student Leadership & Engagement (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILAugust 15, 2014
Working as an Office Assistant gave me the opportunity to work close with fellow students, traditional and non-traditional alike. This opportunity put me in a position to not only put my leadership skills to use, but also gave me the platform to be a role model while expanding the leadership skills of other scholars. Holding this position also allowed me to encourage student involvement and encourage campus participation. Being able to create new experiences for all students was enjoyable and became an incredibly inspiring duty.
Pros
working closley with student life to ensure a great experience at the college.
Nice people to work with
Micro-Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILMay 1, 2012
this was good place to work for with good people to work with, as long as office politic get in the way
Pros
free tution for classes
Cons
office politics, rears it's ugly head from time to time
secretary/help desk work
Student Assistant in Technology Center (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILDecember 12, 2014
I would answer phones, take messages, direct individuals were to go, refill printers with paper, etc. Overall, it was a good experience and it helped me become comfortable interacting with individuals and learning how to do and find things on my own.
Pros
great work experience
Great learning opportunity while earning money.
Clerk, Student Enrollment Services (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJuly 21, 2014
As a student employee at Illinois Central College I was able to be engaged in student activities as well as commit to my studies.
I was able to hold an elected position in Student Government. I feel that Illinois Central College encouraged and promoted my personal and business growth while I worked toward attaining my Associates Degree.
Productive and fun to work for students
Tutor (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILDecember 27, 2014
Set up meeting time with students who were assigned to me. Met up each student and provided academic help. It was fun to work with students, get to know them, and helped them.

4.2