ILLINOIS CENTRAL COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Wonderful work environment
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 3, 2017
Wonderful work environment with tremendous focus on the educational process and the students. I had the opportunity to teach at their College for Kids program and was overwhelmed by their commitment to their students.
Pros
Committed, friendly workplace
Awesome place
Guitar Instructor (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILApril 20, 2017
This is a community college that prepares students well for the next steps in their careers. The students participate in ensembles and take core classes that go toward music degrees in other schools.
Wide varitey of classes
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILMarch 8, 2017
Classes are easy to find a d allow to progress with ease and easy to fins help with struggling aspects in cdrtain instances need more flex with certain subjects thogh
Fun Place to work as a student
Customer Service, FT Third Shift Rep (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 16, 2017
I worked here as a student so it served its purpose. I would love to go back now that I have graduated so who knows. I had a supportive boss and they worked around my class schedule. And was very supportive.
bad employer for part-timers
Assistant (Former Employee) –  NorthFebruary 8, 2017
ICC really sucks for part-time employees. No room for advancement, terrible pay, no benefits, no paid holidays, etcetera, etcetera. Plus, you can lose your job at a moment's notice because the college wasted millions of dollars on new buildings that aren't needed.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, no benefits, no way to advance.
Academic affiliation for medical based programs.
Education Coordinator, Histotechnology Program (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 4, 2017
Blackboard was purchased by ICC to streamline lecturing and provide consistent material. Tests were standardized, and results available immediately to students.
Pros
Monthly meetings with all disciplines.
Cons
Limited library for Histotechnology.
Great Place to work
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILOctober 21, 2016
Overall great place. It's just hard to advance into higher positions. If it weren't for the lack of career advancement opportunity I would stay forever.
Student Internship
Interpreter Intern (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILAugust 6, 2016
I learned a lot from my mentors that will be applied to my future career. They were very helpful and willing to answer questions. They took the time to eplain things that may have been confusing.
Great place to work!
General Attendant III (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJuly 6, 2016
I great place to work! I love it, the atmosphere is great and my coworkers are fun and always very supportive! Only 27-29 hours a week and hours during the summer aren't guaranteed since it is slower. I have learned to grow as a team player and become more versatile in my job. The hardest part of my job specifically is the physical aspect since I lift a lot of heavy boxes and push heavy carts all day.
Pros
50% off lunch, great managers, great employees
Cons
union therefore max 29 hours per week
productive and fun work place
Adjunct faculty (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJune 1, 2016
Great college that is constantly looking to perform well and do better. Students are awesome and staff are fantastic to work with.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Restricted to just associate degree
Great fun rewarding job
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILMay 29, 2016
Working in the writing center at ICC is one of the most rewarding positions I have ever worked. Working hands on with students can be challenging, but also very fun.
An Excellent Learning and Networking Experience
Writing Consultant and Creative Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILMarch 16, 2016
ICC was not only the place of my formal education, but also home to my first job experience as a professional designer and writing consultant. The environment was supportive and open, with lots of room to grow as an employee.
Pros
Reserved parking, tuition discounts after set period
Nice place to be a student tutor
Student Tutor at MathLab (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILMarch 13, 2016
I worked as a math tutor at ICC as my first job ever. It was a very relaxed and low stress job that combined well with the classes I was currently taking at the time. Although I had 3 different supervisors during my time there, two them were fantastic and all of them I appreciated.
Daily Activities
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJuly 25, 2015
• Prepare course syllabi for classroom instruction in an experiential learning environment.
• Facilitate learning in Management, Business, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Sales, Supervision, and Human Relations in Business for ICC classes.
• Deliver lectures and facilitate discussions in a relaxed learning environment.
• Full understanding of the relationship of education, training, and organizational development, along with the responsible entities.
Pros
Great for Part Time Workers
Cons
Pay Rate is not Equitable for Education
A working and quiet environment
Student Assistant/Transcript Clerk (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJune 30, 2015
A typical day at work is just coming into work speaking to others and then getting my work done. Working at ICC I learned so much because my boss has me do so much. My co-workers I'm close to are very loving and we help one another. The management seem to me to be all over the place. The hardest part of my job is that I feel like since I type fast co-workers depend on me to much. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I'm able to tone people out, by putting my headphones in.
Pros
Discount on my school books
Cons
Don't get to park in the employee parking lot
Great teaching opportunity
Adjunct Faculty/CNA Instructor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 25, 2015
As an adjunct faculty member, I have the opportunity to have an impact on the nursing services that are provided by every nursing aide I educate. This is rewarding to know I am having an impact on the quality of care being delivered.
Productive and fun to work for students
Tutor (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILDecember 27, 2014
Set up meeting time with students who were assigned to me. Met up each student and provided academic help. It was fun to work with students, get to know them, and helped them.
Love this job,it allows me to teach what i have learned over the years to new CNA's. Along with the skills and book knowledge they receive.
Associate of Applied Science, Registered Nursing (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 26, 2014
I am an adjunct staff member at ICC in Peoria Illinois. I love this job as it allows me to teach the students of the future. Along with the book knowledge, I also teach them the skills they will need to preform their jobs. I love to share my experiences, and knowledge I have received over the years. I tell them that I have walked in their shoes and understand the importance of the job they are about to learn to do
Pros
free class at ICC per year
Cons
not enough hours
secretary/help desk work
Student Assistant in Technology Center (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILDecember 12, 2014
I would answer phones, take messages, direct individuals were to go, refill printers with paper, etc. Overall, it was a good experience and it helped me become comfortable interacting with individuals and learning how to do and find things on my own.
Pros
Great work experience
Working Environment
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 12, 2014
Admins and co-workers are very helpful and thoughtful in Math and Science Department at ICC

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ILLINOIS CENTRAL COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2