ILLINOIS CENTRAL COLLEGE

ILLINOIS CENTRAL COLLEGE United States Employee Reviews

Love this job,it allows me to teach what i have learned over the years to new CNA's. Along with the skills and book knowledge they receive.
Associate of Applied Science, Registered Nursing (Former Employee), Peoria, ILDecember 26, 2014
Pros: free class at icc per year
Cons: not enough hours
I am an adjunct staff member at ICC in Peoria Illinois. I love this job as it allows me to teach the students of the future. Along with the book knowledge, I also teach them the skills they will need to preform their jobs. I love to share my experiences, and knowledge I have received over the years. I tell them that I have walked in their shoes and understand the importance of the job they are about to learn to do
secretary/help desk work
Student Assistant in Technology Center (Former Employee), East Peoria, ILDecember 12, 2014
Pros: great work experience
I would answer phones, take messages, direct individuals were to go, refill printers with paper, etc. Overall, it was a good experience and it helped me become comfortable interacting with individuals and learning how to do and find things on my own.
Working Environment
Adjunct (Former Employee), Peoria, ILNovember 12, 2014
Admins and co-workers are very helpful and thoughtful in Math and Science Department at ICC
Not organized but over educated in the cleaning field
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee), East Peoria, ILOctober 17, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: not a promising job
I was not impressed with all the step by step training for the 1st couple of days. Cleaning can be different at different places due to the lack of cleaning supplies not provided properly by the employers. They trained us with the belief that all employers follow in compliance with all regulations. Though the quality of their cleaning solutions and techniques were well mapped out , they did not have the proper crew either not enough or to many workers. They made no effort to contact new employees until after (housekeeping) was already employed for 1-2months. They left disgruntled employees to
train you.
This company was very inspiring and allowed me to advance as a leader.
Office of Student Leadership & Engagement (Former Employee), East Peoria, ILAugust 15, 2014
Pros: working closley with student life to ensure a great experience at the college.
Working as an Office Assistant gave me the opportunity to work close with fellow students, traditional and non-traditional alike. This opportunity put me in a position to not only put my leadership skills to use, but also gave me the platform to be a role model while expanding the leadership skills of other scholars. Holding this position also allowed me to encourage student involvement and encourage campus participation. Being able to create new experiences for all students was enjoyable and became an incredibly inspiring duty.
Good place to work but hard to get full time status.
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee), East Peoria IllinoisAugust 5, 2014
I have worked there for almost 3 years and I am still waiting to get full time. Other than that its a good place to work.
Great place
T/C (Former Employee), East Peoria, ILAugust 3, 2014
Pros: free classes
Cons: administration is very withdrawn from people who aren't professors
Great place to work. I was only part time so did not get benefits (insurance, pto, etc.) If you worked over a certain number of hours, you could get up to two free three hour classes per semester. The college did preach that they cared about you but it did not seem particle or true.
Great learning opportunity while earning money.
Clerk, Student Enrollment Services (Former Employee), East Peoria, ILJuly 21, 2014
As a student employee at Illinois Central College I was able to be engaged in student activities as well as commit to my studies.
I was able to hold an elected position in Student Government. I feel that Illinois Central College encouraged and promoted my personal and business growth while I worked toward attaining my Associates Degree.
Desktop Support Technician
Media Service Technician I (Current Employee), East Peoria, ILJune 17, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: n/a
Answer incoming calls from students and staff
Co-workers were helpful
Management was great
Nothing was really hard about the job
Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I have made someone's day easier and sufficient
Bad
general operations (Former Employee), east peoriaJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: bad people
staff in general operations were related by marriage Totally inappropriate for a government agency
clicky and mean people in staff
this was the absolute worst place to work
other departments seemed ok
Run away fast from this department
Productive and fun with understanding towards busy college students
library student worker (Current Employee), East Peoria, ILOctober 15, 2013
Pros: great bosses set schedule knowledgeable and hard working co-workers
Cons: it's a student postition so there is no room for advancement or a raise
I love my Job at I.C.C. Everyday I get to come in with a smile and talk laugh and help the patrons and students of the library and the college. I've learned skills that are most useful in the library field such as shelving books and shelf reading them, how to navigate a LC library system and how to help a patron with multiple things from finding information to setting up a bibliography and searching a database.
Fun workplace with nice peole
Office Assistant (Former Employee), East Peoria ILAugust 26, 2013
Pros: nice staff
A typical day at work , was very calm . Alot of printing and answer phones. My co-workers were very nice people. The job overall was very nice we had outings , and meetings where we would play games sometimes.
Decreasing workforce and no benefits.
General Attendant III (Former Employee), East Peoria, IllinoisJuly 20, 2013
Pros: free classes after 1 year for the part-time employee, free meal in the food service department.
Cons: inconsistant management practices, no insurance for part-time, no work over vacations and no unemployment.
I found the clientele positive, appreciative and diverse. The job duties are well defined and the pay had been good for this type of work. The pay scale, opportunities to advance and benefits are now changing in a negative manner. The organization, in an effort to decrease costs, has implemented a new (less per hour) pay structure for incoming employees. The food service department which has approximately 40 employees has exactly ONE position that is full time and that offers benefits such as insurance. Part-time employees are not paid for any holidays and accrue sick time at a low rate. During summer and Christmas down times, only a very limited staff are employed, there is no unemployment and if you do work the hours are drastically reduced. Politics and low moral interferes with productivity in the food service department.
Fun place to work
Campus Service Representative (Current Employee), Peoria, ILMay 6, 2013
ICC provides you the opportunity to work in a fun environment while working with a diverse group of college students.
Productive and busy workplace with fun department activities.
Marketing Student Worker (Former Employee), East Peoria, ILApril 14, 2013
Pros: free meals during activities, fun department meetings
Cons: short breaks
On a typical day I'd either work in the document service department or the marketing department. If I was working in marketing I'd be using Microsoft office to send out information to the community and faculty. I'd file important files regarding activities we hosted or I'd be shredding important files. The management on the department was great, we still keep in touch. I loved a majority of my co-workers and I had great respect for all of them. I loved working the fun events the college hosted.
Competitive and tedious position in productive work environment
Editor-in-Chief of The Harbinger (Former Employee), East Peoria, ILNovember 6, 2012
Pros: competitive, stretching, exercised writing skills
Cons: low compensation, unmotivated staff
I gained a lot of experience as the Editor-in-Chief of my college newspaper. I was thrown into the position with no experience at all and had a lot to learn. It was rocky at first as I was a freshman in college with new journalism experience but I am a competitive person and I like a challenge. I was responsible for managing and organizing all editors, writers, photographers, and advertisement partners. I also wrote my own stories, handled press releases, edited everyone else's stories, did all paper layout, and many other things.
green house
Greenhouse Student Assistant (Former Employee), East Peoria, ILOctober 10, 2012
learned alot of things, from proper care. and maintinance of plants.
Great place to work, management and staff are very helpful
General Office Student Worker (Former Employee), East Peoria, ILAugust 16, 2012
They are very understanding of family, work, and life; therefore, if you have a child who's sick for example, they won't frown upon that. They have a huge cafeteria for lunch breaks with a variety of different food choices. Everyone seems happy and content with being employed here.
great place for student work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), east peoria, ilJune 19, 2012
Pros: use of labs
Cons: minimum wage
I was a lab assistant and student designer for almost 2 years. Working there appealed to my creativity and i was able to continue to take classes. wonderful people and experience.
Nice people to work with
Micro-Computer Technician (Former Employee), East Peoria, ILMay 1, 2012
Pros: free tution for classes
Cons: office politics, rears it's ugly head from time to time
this was good place to work for with good people to work with, as long as office politic get in the way