Illinois Institute of Art Employee Reviews

Frequent reorganization and layoffs
Associate Director, Student Financial Services (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJune 27, 2014
Great people to work with locally, however corporate often cuts positions to increase profits.
Productive environment with heavy work flow
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 24, 2014
Pros: study flow of work if you pace yourself
Cons: it can get tedious at times and make you sleepy with how quiet the place can be
A typical day at work consist of processing or filing thousands of student information at a relatively fast paced environment. What I learned was that I should pace myself, although my productivity was high it leaves me in a standstill when my work has been completed. Conclusion I need to work at a slower pace that would allow me to stretch my work for the entirety of the day. Management was fine. – more... I really never had any problems with it. My co-workers were just my co-works, we assist each other when needed or tried to push each other little harder. When you a room with documents all day you sometimes need the extra push. Overall I did enjoy the job. It was the right tempo for me and didn't require me to exert myself. Sure the job was difficult at times but the results I delivered to this company not only benefited them but benefited me too. I enjoyed working for that company and wouldn't mind working for a company just like it. – less
Exciting, ever-changing daily workload
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee), Tinley Park, ILApril 26, 2014
Over the past two years I've added some very marketable professional skills by working as Assistant Director of Admissions at the Illinois Institute of Art. I've learned more about public speaking, presenting, problem solving, financial aid, and customer focus. The best part of my job is seeing a student through the process and watching their level of excitement grow and to see them be successful in the process. The worst part may be the hours of work, which make it difficult to have a life outside of work.
Very fun and easy workplace
Student employee A/V Dept. (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 24, 2013
Pros: fun job, great co workers, easy job
Cons: in the middle of downtown.
i loved working at the art institute, the co workers were all students and everyone was able to learn off eachother. The job consisted of helping teachers and student with making copies and handing out A/V equipment. During the breaks we would clean all the computers in the classrooms and reset them. It was alot of fun and everyone i worked with was fantastic. Management was fliexible and understanding of school and life issues, this was probably my favorite job ever. There really was nothing hard about this job except maybe the copy machine backing up and unhappy student sand teachers!
All about Money
Accountant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 23, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: everything else
This company is terrible to work for. All they care about is getting students in the chair. Most of the management is incompetent and not qualified. Good luck moving up unless you are a butt kisser. I did meet some wonderful people.
Associate Director of Student Finance (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 13, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: management.
Great work environment and awesome people to work with.
Responsible for Financial Aid for over 650 students, and ensure that the school is within federal compliance.
Professional
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: free parking
Comfortable invironment, informed instructors, helpful co-workers, management communicates well. Hardest part is physical nature of work, easiest part is I like the work.
Fast Pace
Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2012
AI was the type of place were you needed to be on your toes at all times. I learned a lot about student interactions and it will always have a special place in my heart.
Easy going laid back job
Tutor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 29, 2012
Pros: getting to know students in other majors
Cons: rarity of students needing help in my major - web design & interactive media
We were responsible for answering phones, passing out and supervising test-taking, tutoring students who needed help in our subject. I enjoyed helping students understand the basics of my program and networking with my coworkers, who were students in other majors.