Illinois Institute of Technology

Illinois Institute of Technology United States Employee Reviews

Fine
Teaching/research assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2015
The school pays a bit low but the environment is nice. Labs in some departments are really world-class. It all depends on the professor that you are dealing with.
Innovative, Diverse
Administrative Assistant/Project Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Flexibility with work schedules
Cons: N/A
A typical day at work is never the same, which makes my job all the more exciting. I work on data requests, manage the student workers and make sure that they complete urgent projects in addition to routine projects. I also take care of the staff office requests from small to urgent in the effort of helping the office run as efficiently as it possibly can.

I've gained management skills that help me in both my professional and personal life.

Management has taught me to have patience and to become a better listener. It has also taught me to never assume in any situation.

I appreciate working with a diverse group of people from ethnicity to a wide range in age differences.

The hardest part of my job would have to be time management because there's just not enough hours in the work day to complete everything, but this is where effective prioritizing comes into play.

The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the students grow into professional adults. In addition to this, I truly love listening to the Alumni share their college stories and commend us on the things that we are doing great as well as the things that they are not so happy with.
On Campus Job
Production Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Getting Financial help for my Housing/Expenditure
Cons: Takes a lot of time from my usual Schedule, Sometimes gets difficult to manage Studies and job together.
Working On Campus in my College as a Production Assistant. Working as a Video Camera Operator for Recording the Lectures for the Online Students. A typical day at work consists of setting up the class for the lecture, setting up the microphone and the video levels for recording.
Good place to study
Project Member (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2015
Pros: relaxing, free, creative
Cons: limited without real working environment
Learned how to play good role in a team and cooperate with members from different levels. Learned the concept about project management and application testing. Succeed to the most interested area of combing statistics and computer science.
System Administrator / Web Developer (Current Employee), ChicagoMarch 15, 2015
Good place with lot of challenging stuff and good people around. We get to learn plenty of new stuff while working there.
Productive and fun place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2015
Pros: flexible work times
Cons: tight schedule
The noon group phone meeting sums up the work been done during the project cycle, which improves work productivity. There are also various connection activities for employees to get to know each other.
Student jobs with great pay
Student Phone Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Worked here while a student. Depending on department, your pay is good for a college student and work hours are scheduled around your classes.
Lab Technician (Chemistry and Microbiology)
Graduate Student Research Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2015
I work in lab from Monday to Friday, If necessary I will go there on weekends. For some experiments, such as food allergen, I complete the detection on my own. Also, I am a good team player for finishing food microbiology together.
Exellent work Culture
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Work consists of assisting students in Internet Technologies and Web Design course.
Review as student at Illinois Institute of Technology
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2015
I had a great experience learning new and latest technologies through various courses at IIT, Chicago. Working as a graduate teaching assistant allowed me to interact with students and assist professor in grading and various projects.
Productive, useful and interesting research about Vertical Tubines Variable Pitch.
Research Assistant in Fluid Dynamics (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: knowledge i am getting with them
Cons: there aren't
I usually wake up early to go to the meetings we have about our research. After those, some of us go to the lab to run, implement and improve the results got before by MATLAB. We compare those results with more simulations done by physical methods. Step by step I think we are closer to get funds and to build our Turbine. I have learnt to use better simulations codes like Matlab and c++ with the help of my mates at the laboratory. Obviusly, the hardest part of the work is when the results don't fit, but we get always with some solutions and the best is the ambitious of the group I am working with, knowing that the work has done correctly and expecting to get more.
Good school with great opportunities
Student Researcher (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2015
Illinois Institute of Technology offers a great college experience for those whom the college fits their interests and ambitions. Academically excellent, offers many research opportunities and extra curricular opportunities for outside involvement in the field of their interests. Culture is rich and diverse.
it is not well-paid
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), chicagoJanuary 14, 2015
it is not well-paid, I did not enjoy working there. the environment is not enough competetive
IIT IFSH Moffett Center
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Bedford Park, ILDecember 11, 2014
Professional lab work in food industry

Professional lab work techniques

Senior labmates

trouble shooting for protocol design
Fast paced environment
Student Employment Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: travel
Fast paced environment with potential for growth. Very professional environment. Work life balance was exceptional.
Fun place to work
Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2014
Fun place to work at. Learnt all about installing O/S, networking, IT management, etc. Good co-workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to stay away from work. Great place for parties.
Perfect Graduate Institute
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2014
Learned a lot of useful knowledge.
Perfect environment.
Nice equipment.
Ok
Sr. Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2014
I was able to go to school and work, so I could complete my master's degree. I did enjoy my time working with students.
Achieved a lot of research experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2014
I achieved a lot of research experience there. In addition, people there are very smart and friendly.
My skills are used in the Student Assistant position
Student Assistant in IIT online (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2014
To record videos for online students.
To maintain inventory i.e. backup cd's for future use

1 2 3 4 5