Illinois Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Great college for researchers
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2016
Its a great college which have good amount of courses and for research as well. Students can experince a good amount of industrial working expirence in college
Pros
Great college for researchers
fun place to work
Founder, Procurement Manager and Science Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILFebruary 3, 2016
This is a fun place to work. I learned a lot of things during my time here and i would highly recommend IIT to all students to get their degrees.
Very flexible and fun place to work
Student Researcher- Hand Neuromechanics Lab (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2016
I truly enjoyed this job. The professor was extremely knowledgeable and I learned a great deal of information from this experience.
Fun Workplace
Student Library Advocate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2015
I work as a student advocate at Galvin Library which is a part of Illinois Institute of Technology. I also took part in different focus groups conducted by the library.
Safe work environment
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2015
I believe IIT is a great place to work. With any corporation, there is pro and con. There is no room for advancement within my department. Overall, it is a great and fun workplace.
Always eager to learn new things and try to keep up with the world.
USA, Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2015
I have always had the keen knowledge to find out what is around me and also the importance of knowledge.
I have many friends with whom i work as they also play a vital role in my day to day life as well as work.

the hardest part of the job is when i get stuck at some place and when i try to resolve it my mind goes completely blank.

The most enjoyable part of the job is nothing but the job itself.
Academic setting
IPRO Student (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2015
Illinois Tech is a fantastic school. Though small, the advantages of its size are well worth it. The camaraderie is a win.
Amazing place to study and work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2015
This work was amazing as I got to work on a professors research and learnt a lot of regression analysis and other analysis on the Excel.
Good School, Mediocre Workplace
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2015
As a student worker for IIT, everything was limited.

Pay remained the same with no means for raises, employment ends with student status (no continuing employment / advancement), responsibilities were few with no room for additional duties, staff treats you like an invisible person, and overall I didn't feel welcome when I went to work.

Everything I learned, aside from professional email conduct (yes everybody emails), was learned of my own accord. New ideas were often not listened to, or shot down without logical reasoning / discussion.

Hardest part of the job was getting respect from full-time coworkers. Easiest part of the job was completing my limited duties.
Pros
Occasional Free Food, Lake View, Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Food Desert, Political Management, Low Pay, General Attitude
Learnt new lab skills and contributed towards research!
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2015
Provided me with a hand full of skills required in a functional laboratory. New techniques as well as excellent guidance by mentors supervising the project.
I started working for RJB at this location
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2015
The beginning working for this company was really tough I had a to prove myself and show them that I was capable to handle the job,

The area management was not the best until he was replace.
Pros
experience to manage a big crew
benefits
Productive and fun work place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2015
It is a place study and working on cutting edge industrial problems. My one and a half year here is very productive and fun
effective and enrich work
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2015
I have been working in organic and analytical chemistry lab around 2 years and I have learnt a lot of techniques such as GC-MS,HPLC,FT-IR,NMR,UV-vis,at the same time I learnt how to balance well between my personal life and work,how to use my time wisely .I appreciate this opportunity my boss gave to me and I have been enjoyed working with other people and to complete myself.
Pros
dine together
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work!
Staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2015
Great place to work and learn in the heart of the city. Professional staff, friendly customer service in a team-oriented environment.
Exciting and fulfilling
Teaching Assitant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2015
I had the oportunity to assist undergrad students from different fields (architects, mechanical, electrical engineers...) on their final term project before graduation.
Improving Workplace
Support Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2015
The work environment appears to be improving, many benefits are included with being a staff member. The pay is not so great but perks are nice.
very good working environment and learning experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  ChicagoApril 9, 2015
very good working environment and learning experience, I like working here .. definitely recommend working here
very friendly environment and colleagues,
very learning experience based environment
Fine
Teaching/research assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2015
The school pays a bit low but the environment is nice. Labs in some departments are really world-class. It all depends on the professor that you are dealing with.
Innovative, Diverse
Administrative Assistant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2015
A typical day at work is never the same, which makes my job all the more exciting. I work on data requests, manage the student workers and make sure that they complete urgent projects in addition to routine projects. I also take care of the staff office requests from small to urgent in the effort of helping the office run as efficiently as it possibly can.

I've gained management skills that help me in both my professional and personal life.

Management has taught me to have patience and to become a better listener. It has also taught me to never assume in any situation.

I appreciate working with a diverse group of people from ethnicity to a wide range in age differences.

The hardest part of my job would have to be time management because there's just not enough hours in the work day to complete everything, but this is where effective prioritizing comes into play.

The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the students grow into professional adults. In addition to this, I truly love listening to the Alumni share their college stories and commend us on the things that we are doing great as well as the things that they are not so happy with.
Pros
Flexibility with work schedules
Cons
N/A
On Campus Job
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2015
Working On Campus in my College as a Production Assistant. Working as a Video Camera Operator for Recording the Lectures for the Online Students. A typical day at work consists of setting up the class for the lecture, setting up the microphone and the video levels for recording.
Pros
Getting Financial help for my Housing/Expenditure
Cons
Takes a lot of time from my usual Schedule, Sometimes gets difficult to manage Studies and job together.