Illinois Institute of Technology Employee Reviews in United States

Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
The typical day was to help accommodate the teachers and students that came to stay at IIT. I improved my communication and leadership skills.
Recommended
Strong engineering department
Nice Lab work
Nice Library
IIT Rice Campus
Director of Corporate and Community Relations (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJune 29, 2016
I learned a great deal and had the opportunity to meet some remarkable people during my 16 year tenure at IIT. In each position that I held, my skills were strengthened as I rose from Student Services Coordinator, to Facilitites Manager, Director of Campus & Client Services, and finally Director of Corporate & Community Relations.
Given that the future of the Rice Campus is unknown, my position was eliminated, but I am grateful for all that I had the chance to experience at IIT.
Interactive
Intern to VP of External Affairs (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 17, 2016
A typical day at work would be making circuit boards out of a 3D printer. I learned more about electrical engineering. The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out how to make the circuit board work. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to do something I am passionate about.
Pros
Getting to do what you love.
Cons
The advancement of technology
Productive workplace with dedicated staff
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2016
Some of the staff could've been nicer but seeing as they were used to students being a little less than forward than I was. The few teacher that did bump heads with me respected me for standing my ground and the overall workplace was improved because there were no more debates over the rules which they tried to skate around because of their years of experience. Keeping the professors in line was a typical day for me and by far the most enjoyable part of my days working.
good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2016
a graduate school of science. good people, equipments is fine, not too advanced, researchers doing jobs in labs, with great professors.
Great and productive place to work
Credential & Admission Specialist, IIT (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2016
Day to day duties of an admissions counselor. Calculating the GPA of International Applicants. Answering emails and phone calls from applicants.
Best Place to Work
Web Content Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 6, 2016
The work culture is really good here. The head of Marketing and Communications is really awesome. He is very friendly and treats us like his own son.
Poor management and admin structure
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2016
Performing research as a graduate student is a thankless job. The pay in general is poor, however IIT pays the lowest in the Chicago area. Also, a good deal of the admin systems are in dire need of updating. For example, they still use fax machines exclusively to order lab supplies. Additionally, support for self-organization of the students should be significantly more substantial.
Good learning experience
IT Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2016
it was one of the best jobs i have done as IT support.My job was to do different tasks like troubleshoot the network,setting up wifi on student devices,fixing the printers,setting up projector in classroom.it was engaging and i enjoyed it.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
pay was less
Productive Part time work
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2016
I am working as a Technical Assistant with IIT Online Technical Services. It is my part time job in school and has a perfect work-study balance. I gained several transferrable skills and learned quite a lot of soft skills
Great Benefits
Linux Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2016
A very challenging environment with dedicated employees. The staff is talented and they work well together. The management challenges you to be better every day.
Pros
Great retirement benefits
Great Place to Gain Experience
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2016
Working in a research lab really enabled me to gain a lot of experience I wouldn't otherwise have gained. I really enjoyed my time working as an undergraduate researcher.
Productive and helpful in furthering education
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2016
I assisted one of the staff members. Essentially what I did was run errands for the staff member, organized files and I did a little typing data entry.
Great college for researchers
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2016
Its a great college which have good amount of courses and for research as well. Students can experince a good amount of industrial working expirence in college
Pros
Great college for researchers
fun place to work
Founder, Procurement Manager and Science Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILFebruary 3, 2016
This is a fun place to work. I learned a lot of things during my time here and i would highly recommend IIT to all students to get their degrees.
Very flexible and fun place to work
Student Researcher- Hand Neuromechanics Lab (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2016
I truly enjoyed this job. The professor was extremely knowledgeable and I learned a great deal of information from this experience.
Fun Workplace
Student Library Advocate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2015
I work as a student advocate at Galvin Library which is a part of Illinois Institute of Technology. I also took part in different focus groups conducted by the library.
Safe work environment
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2015
I believe IIT is a great place to work. With any corporation, there is pro and con. There is no room for advancement within my department. Overall, it is a great and fun workplace.
Always eager to learn new things and try to keep up with the world.
USA, Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2015
I have always had the keen knowledge to find out what is around me and also the importance of knowledge.
I have many friends with whom i work as they also play a vital role in my day to day life as well as work.

the hardest part of the job is when i get stuck at some place and when i try to resolve it my mind goes completely blank.

The most enjoyable part of the job is nothing but the job itself.

Illinois Institute of Technology Reviews by Location