Illinois Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

I loved working for IIT
Communication Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2017
IIT is not only a wonderful networking opportunity, they also offer paid education and opportunities for advancement. IIT also hosts events in appreciation of all employed by the institution. I love the department I worked for and visit them regularly, even though I no longer work for them.
Pros
Lunch outings and employee appreciation, benefits for full-time employee
Private education institution with many represented ethnic groups
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2017
Good place to learn a multitude of new things. An institution well known in the city, state, and even abroad.

Completed a variety of tasks throughout the day
Learned more about different cultures and how we are all affected in learning through education
Management style stagnated
Diversified culture due to local and international students
Resistance to change hardest part
Meeting new students and people most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Learning is fun
Cons
High personnel turnover
Balanced Work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2017
I worked here part time as Graduate Teaching Assistant. Work life balance is fair, would recommend this to friends. Workload depends on course and faculty.
Good student employee opportunity
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2017
Working here was good as a student employee. You learn how to deal with and communicate with professors and other professionals as a student. Also a good perk is to have the professors at your disposal if you need assistance with your coursework.
Fast pace environment;exposure to many cultures:a learning experience
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  3301 So. FederalAugust 2, 2017
Working at IIT was a fast pace environment which challenged my intellect and spirit in multitasking a rouster of about ten to twelve sworn officer, be it directing, running license plates through LEADS (law enforcement information data system) , appropriately dispatching manpower to medical emergencies, traffic etc. Customer service was a high priority being that the phone lines had to be answered on the second no later the third ring and handled or forward to the proper destination. Simply put, when you work with people no day is the same and far from being boring;good feeling
Pros
Parking and shuttle bus availability
Cons
Having to be reassigned lunch break
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2017
Great on campus job.
Best job you can possibly do as a student.
It is the most respected and valued job.
If you have a supportive professor then you cant as k for more.
Productive Workplace
Administrative Assistant & Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2017
A typical at the University can be very busy. There are several processes to completing a task daily. The fun part of working is you get to work with a great group of people.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2017
Worked at IIT for over a year and learned a lot. Not to mention, the people here are great. I not only was able to further my career working here, but made great connections
Great place to work with avg pay
Teaching and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2017
I worked as Teaching Assistant at IIT for 4 semesters. The department leadership and faculties are great people who care about students. They truly value mentorship and try to help you. pay was alright not very high though.
No Recommendstions from me
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2017
Being that I worked for a contracting company witnin the college i wouldn't siggest working forr them for say because the management su ks greatly an the pay for the work you had to do should pay more, your yearly raise was under a quarter. The manager's played favoritism with the work an shifts were always short of staff in all areas of the dining services. Never hire more workers just over wored an underpaid the workers they had.
Pros
Good Atmospher
Cons
Management Is Terrible

Want to know more about Illinois Institute of Technology?

Ask a question
School
Student (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2017
IIT is a interesting school, with various technical cources for computer science garduates. Challenging exercies make one understand some of the hardest problems.
productive and fun work place, the co-workers are very easy to get along with.
Data Analyst, Annual Giving Department (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2017
Productive and fun work place, the co-workers are very easy to get along with. I can learn a lot from my colleges. Working overtime seldom when I worked there.
Good Place to study and work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 5, 2017
Good place to learn, there are lots of specialization to nature your knowledge and indeed good on-campus opportunity for the international student to help them take care of the expense.
Excellent work environment overall.
Department Coordinator, Math & Science Education (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2017
Excellent work environment; promoted educational opportunites, above board benefits, job promotional opportunities, etc.; working in the Math & Science Education Department exposed me to the educational work environment and indepth knowledge about inquiry of science and math and how the subjects apply to one's every day life.
Pros
Respect & appreciation expressed by superiors; upward mobility
Cons
Seasonal projects occasionally required exceptionally long work days.
Interesting and helpful expericnce
lab Assistance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2017
Helped students who were first time to learn Java. It is really helpful to practice how to express course related opinions so that they can understand Java better. It also helps me to strengthen my Java basic knowledge.
Pesquisa compromissada
Pesquisador Assistente (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL, USApril 13, 2017
Estudo em programação python a simulação molecular parar sistemas Proteína-Ligante;
 Aprimoramento de Software desenvolvido para simulações de reações envolvendo proteínas e ligantes utilizados como princípio ativo de fármacos;
 Estudo de dinâmica molecular e física quântica para aprimoramento de parâmetros utilizados no Software em desenvolvimento
It is a good learning experience
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2017
It is good learning experience. I learned a lot while doing my Teaching Assistant ship. My supervisors were really helpful and they guide me a lot. I gained an experience of how to work in an office environment.
Budget Coordinator (Former Employee) –  3201 South State Chicago. Il 60616April 5, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job are the students. I learned to multiple tasks and adapt to changes with the University. The hardest part of the job was to work with two departments. Management didn't make me feel included. In December, you get one week off with paid.
Pros
Christmas Break
Cons
No Advancement
Coordinar clases
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2017
Visito los diferentes grupos para ver si los profesores necesitan ayuda y coordino los eventos y la comunicacion con la universidad
Productive Work Enviornment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2017
Great workplace, excellent facilities, faculties are good, homely feeling adds an advantage. really appreciative of the efforts undertaken to encourage the students.
Pros
Professors are nice and helpful. Great Projects