Illinois Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Summary
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2017
I enjoyed working at IIT. It was a great experience to work and serve students. The tasks were not complicated and were very easy. The supervisor was also great
Fun workplace only a volunteer but it's a great environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  3300 S Federal St Chicago Illinois 60616January 7, 2017
Only a volunteer but I love working there great place great company. Don't really have much info on too many departments of the company,I'm there for party setup and cleanup I can't give a honest opinion on anything involving the actual school. As for the employees they have always been first class.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
big place with alot to learn
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2016
tons of preventive maintenance on machines that have been neglected for years. The constant power struggle between the guys who have been there for 20 years and the new employees is very distracting to the really work that needs to get done. If your willing to roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty you'll love it
Good Working Environment
Graduate Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2016
Great place to learn and improvise our communicational and presentation skills.
Proper training is provided to be updated and enhance our knowledge base.
Awesome job where all workers are friendly. Working well with each other and parents/students.
Assistant Staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2016
This program was a well good experience since we monitor kids to take testing. Make sure that the environment is well suited for them while testing. This is my first time working with them and they have a good foundation to where they want all the kids to do well in their testing for them to go off to good schools. I've learned a lot from this program, from how testing works to making sure that the students have people that are looking out for them to make it into good schools. Co-workers are all great and get along with each other. Keeping a positive environment to keep the atmosphere up high. From all of this, I would say the hardest part of the job would be the early mornings and having parents who don't have manners but it wouldn't be a big deal since we are told how to act when having those situations. Although this job may have some hard moments, overall I enjoy it because it gives me the opportunity to help others in a way for them to have a good educational future.
Doing casting parts
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2016
This time I was doing manufacturing parts by casting method. After casting i was doing mechanical testing on them to evaluate mechanical properties. that was very good.
Inspiring work environment
Staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2016
High-tech and leading edge institution that inspires employees with its creative culture and high-energy campus. A rewarding career that plays a key role in advances in technology and research.
Work as Tutor
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2016
Wortking as tutort can help you grow your technique skills rapidly. Holding office hour every week gives you the opportunity to meet students, not just give them some acadmic help, but peer advising.
Fun workplace fantastic co workers
DATA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2016
Get to learn a lot of things in a short span . One of the best places to work as the place is real fun to work and the co workers are one of the best I have come across
Part Time Job
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2016
Learning Experience. Sharing knowledge and getting back. The project at iit are given very diligent attention and team work with varied diversity and with ease
Good studying resources and environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Summit, ILSeptember 26, 2016
Good studying environment in IIT
Multiple resources are available . Professors are kind and enthusiastic,really learned a lot and make some friends there
Pros
Many activities such as picnic, BBQ
Good school
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2016
A good place for international students to develop skills and learn knowledge. I've gained much useful experience here. Helped a lot in my following life.
Nice working environment
Lab Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2016
Illinois Institute of Technology is a famous university in the U.S. I am a student of Illinois Tech. At fall semester in 2014, I got a job from the department of computer science, Teaching Assistant, I liked my job and very glad to explain problem of homework from students.
Application Developer at IIT
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2016
I used to work on Campus at Illinois Tech as an application developer. My job was mainly focused on Software development where we used Java EE Spring framework and different advanced Big data technologies such as Scala and MapReduce. I used to work under Professor Jeremy Hajek and gained a lot of useful experience. The toughest part in my job was learning many new technologies in Hadoop about which I had limited knowledge in the past. But I managed to learn these technologies by regular interactions with colleagues and with my passion to learn softwares. The part I enjoyed the most in my job was there always something new to learn and a creative freedom to express myself and maintain a healthy discussion with the staff while completing the assigned task.
Pros
Friday games, Coffee maker and Snacks
Quick leaner.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2016
It's all started before 8 am reviewing emails, read papers and materials. Program and debug my code, meet with my adviser and RA team (Center for Corporate Performance) leader.
I have my teammates working on different topics around top management team and corporate performance. I am looking for the certain features for Economic Value Added on Financial Performance, and make it a working paper before this fall.
We meet to communicate our procedures and hear suggestions from each other.
Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
The typical day was to help accommodate the teachers and students that came to stay at IIT. I improved my communication and leadership skills.
course work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2016
lead teams in different course I have taken while my time at IIT as a student. Teamwork was very collaborated with my team members inter-professional skill and the new skills they had learned during our Business Course.
Recommended
Strong engineering department
Nice Lab work
Nice Library
IIT Rice Campus
Director of Corporate and Community Relations (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJune 29, 2016
I learned a great deal and had the opportunity to meet some remarkable people during my 16 year tenure at IIT. In each position that I held, my skills were strengthened as I rose from Student Services Coordinator, to Facilitites Manager, Director of Campus & Client Services, and finally Director of Corporate & Community Relations.
Given that the future of the Rice Campus is unknown, my position was eliminated, but I am grateful for all that I had the chance to experience at IIT.
Interactive
Intern to VP of External Affairs (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 17, 2016
A typical day at work would be making circuit boards out of a 3D printer. I learned more about electrical engineering. The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out how to make the circuit board work. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to do something I am passionate about.
Pros
Getting to do what you love.
Cons
The advancement of technology

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Illinois Institute of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

Illinois Institute of Technology Reviews by Location