Illinois Institute of Technology

Illinois Institute of Technology Employer Reviews

Friendly enviroment workplace and worked with numberous individuals
Senior Student Services Representative (Former Employee), Chicago ILJune 24, 2014
My work day consist of managing a staff of three dispersing work loads among the staff while maintain students records. Provide various student requests input grades and certifying students to the Board of Law. I also serviced various requests for the professors and the dean of students.
Great lab for academic research
Research Programmer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 9, 2014
You can work with a lot of excellent phd students and professors there.
IIT Internship
Research Assistant-Electrical/Chemical Engineering (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 4, 2014
Great Internship and knowledge concerning diabetes. Co-workers were wonderful and hardworking.
Productive and Enthusiastic Place
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 3, 2014
Increase knowledge and learn many new technologies.
friendly work place and small pizza parties
Helpfull Coworkers
Nothing Hard, but very creative work
Working was the most enjoyable part.
Productive and fun to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago,ILJune 2, 2014
Degree Audits and Front Desk Responsibilities
Research on:
1) Testing Timing Speculative Circuits
2) Automated Test pattern Generation software
3) Mesh NoC Architectures and Routing Algorithms
Productive yet disorganized because of lack of communication
Student Researcher (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 24, 2014
A typical day at work was to continue your research, do what you know kinda attitude from your professor as long as the work is done before the deadline.

Things learned during my research is how to apply my fundamental knowledge in chemical engineering to different problems and make it more sustainable

Co-workers were from different fields and I had – more... to apply my management skills and understanding to get my points across

The hardest part of the job was time management because everyone had different issues to take care of and no one could be there on time during group meetings

The best part of the job is the pure satisfaction of winning awards and watching people appreciate your work. achievements like winning a silver medal for my water research theme, winning First place in sustainability for storm water management, and finalist for the clean energy competition. – less
An amazing place to learn and also have fun a the same time
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 21, 2014
IIT is an amazing place to learn and also have fun a the same time.
Good place to study.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 9, 2014
There's a good environment here for studying and researching. There're plenty of resources on the subjects we are working on. Professors in my lab are very experienced, and could direct me very well.
great teaher
Product Design Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), ILMay 8, 2014
instructors are helpful and give useful resources. also they teach you how to become a good ta.
Competitive environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 7, 2014
Being a graduate student and a research assistant at IIT since 2011, I have always been challenged by my advisor and my peers. I work with smart individuals, thus the environment is highly competitive. If work in industry is desired, this place is a good place to prepare oneself.
Our research group focuses on Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) of Vertical – more... Axis Wind Turbines. This job is really interesting and fun. Specially if your results are logical! – less
Good environment workplace with wonderful co-workers
Researcher Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 10, 2014
Pros: lunch and dinner with co-workers
Cons: the location of the laboratory
This is the power electronics and motor drives laboratory at Electrical en Computer Engineering Department of Illinois Institute of Technology, so there is none a day that i do not learn something new: Power electronics, circuits analysis and design, software programming and a long etcetera.

Also, the peaceful and fully equipped laboratory combined – more... with the good relationships with other researcher students make the working environment very enjoyable.

I can say nothing bad about this place, but if i have to point out some hard moment, i would say the moment when we discuss about some project and we do not agree with the solution. – less
amazing place
Technician/Student Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 2, 2014
A lot to learn. good management and good customer service. management is always eager to change ideas and put it in action.
Diverse Place to Work
Assistant Director of Public Safety (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2014
Pros: working with others
Cons: long hours
The diversity on the campus was great. Did not enjoy working for a contract service.
Fun workplace
Data Entry (Temporary) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2014
Cons: medical insurance cause i was a temp
My typical day at IIT is Data Entry which consist of filing, faxing, processing incoming mail, etc..

I learned how to assemble admission packets, record, and submit application fees for processing and make folders.

I enjoyed working with my coworkers
overall review abut IIT work experience is awesome
Graduate Student Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2014
There is less stress at work, everyday gives you challenging task.
I learnt Drupal from the scratch and tried to create a website for the ethics center. My co-worker Prashanth was highly talented and we both joined together to add updated features to the website.
we had career development as well as fun filled work life.
Easy work
Technical Director (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2014
Encouraging teammates, helpful. Altogether a good place but work.
Nice School
Proctor –Examination Monitor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2014
Part time job. Enjoyed working there. Good location near the South Loop, with access to public transportation and Starbucks. Job was fairly easy.
Fairly laid back student possitions
Wood shop student worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: great positions for grads and under-grads to make some extra money
Cons: sometimes there are frustratingly naive customers
Overall the company is as miss-managed as one would expect a school to be. The individual departments though are very aware of what needs to be done and when, and in general treat the student workers with respect. As it comes with the position type, be prepared to serve naive and and often ignorant, customers.

As a whole, for a student these are great – more... positions to have while trying to earn a little extra money on campus. Sadly, I cannot speak for the full-time full-staff positions. – less
A good place to work.
Audio/Video Technician (Former Employee), Wheaton, ILJanuary 13, 2014
This institution allows its employees some autonomy in its work environment. Most of the instructors were extremely easy to work with during documentation of their online classroom presentations.
Intern
Research Assistant Intern (Former Employee), chicago ILJanuary 7, 2014
Flexible hours for student interns. Your supervisor is dependent on your internship learnings

1 2 3 4