Illinois State University

Illinois State University United States Employee Reviews

Enjoyable workplace
Extra Help Clerical Accounting (Current Employee), Normal, IL 61761March 25, 2015
Pros: Very pleasant work environment
Cons: I have no cons regarding this employer
A typical day at work consists of data entry, payment processing, and providing support to the Accounting Department of Facilities. I have learned some of the skills and processes necessary to be successful in the operations of the office. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people I am happy to work with. I work with a great management team and co-workers.
Energetic workplace
Dish room Operator (Current Employee), Normal, ILMarch 24, 2015
Easy job for students looking for a part time job. Great management and great co workers. Most enjoyable part about the job is working with your peers.
Free room and board
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Normal, ILMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Free room and board
Cons: Management, Time commitment
Benefits are obvious, the work is as hard as you want it to be. You get out of it what you put into it. Could be a very rewarding experience if you want it to be. Personally, I thought it was an excellent experience, but I would not have been able to do it for more than one year.
Productive workplace that encouraged learning and teaching
Graduate Assistant - Women's Swimming Coach (Current Employee), Normal, ILMarch 6, 2015
I learned how to manage, coordinate, and plan all aspects of a Division I athletic program. Meeting with student-athletes daily, maintaining a positive relationship between administrators and other staff, and managing student-athlete's travel plans with class schedules are all tasks that I completed regularly. All department staff was a joy to work with and encouraged success at any level. The hardest part of my job was dealing with adversity and having to make tough decisions when it came to travel/competition teams. The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part of success and knowing the student-athletes were proud of what they had accomplished and that I had made an impact. Seeing smiles and receiving "thank you's" made me the happiest.
friendly and helpful environment
research assistant (Former Employee), Normal, ILMarch 3, 2015
The professor is a very open minded person, a good leader. Whenever I have a idea on the research project, he is always very patiently listen to my opinion.
Higher Education environment
Applications Analyst (Former Employee), Normal, ILFebruary 22, 2015
Good place to work and great co-workers. The benefits of working in a higher education setting, someone on campus is able and willing to assist in learning new technologies.
Great Work Culture
Senior Cognos Developer (Current Employee), Normal, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Great work place and amazin place to learn the stuff coz of large work pressure and made lot of great friends during my contract here..
Satisfactory
part time admin (Current Employee), NormalFebruary 1, 2015
I have worked in the administrative department of Illinois State University and it is an equal opportunity employer and maintained its standards of a state university
review
Researcher (Current Employee), Normal, ILJanuary 15, 2015
llinois State University is a public university, and is located in Normal, IL. It is Illinois' first public university, founded in 1857. Illinois State devotes resources and energies to creating a supportive and productive campus community students and staff.
good houseweeking
Building Service Worker (Former Employee), Normal, ILJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: respect for employees
Cons: no benefits for etra-helps
- Monday to Friday
- safety fist
- good
- excellent team worker
- every things perfect
- doing perfect job as required by customs
Good Assistantship
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Normal, ILDecember 31, 2014
Great school to work for. Pay is not great, but it's alright because it's only temporary. Learn lots of things, meet lots of people.
Learning new things everyday.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILNovember 5, 2014
Aiding three professors with their research and academic coursework related work.
An exciting an educative environment
Research/Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Normal, ILOctober 28, 2014
Pros: educative seminars and provide networking events
Cons: na
 Assist professor with classroom instructions, exams administration and record keeping
 Grade and tutor 83 students
Excellent place to be employed
See resume (Former Employee), Normal, IllinoisSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: opportunities to develop and become (i.e., advance)
Cons: organizational politics
I was fortunate to take advantage of advancement opportunities throughout my career, so it was continuing variety of challenging and rewarding experiences. I wish everyone could have these pluses in their work lives.
Front Desk Manager
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington-NormalSeptember 22, 2014
Responsible for greeting and serving residents, guests, faculty, and staff. Responsible for maintaining key and mail package inventory. Serve as a liaison between residence hall students, faculty, staff, Resident Assistants, and Professional staff in the residence halls.
Fun workplace with a very upbeat atmosphere
Campus Dining Services, Dining Attendant (Former Employee), Normal, ILSeptember 16, 2014
It was very easy working in the campus dining center at Illinois State University which is why the pay was only minimum wage.

Very flexible hours which made it easy to manage my schedule between school, work, and social.
Desk Manager
Desk Manager (Former Employee), Normal, ILAugust 18, 2014
Nice on campus job. Not intended to be full time to pay bills. College student work-study job.
Relaxed, flexible environment, friendly staff
Illinois State University Registrar Service Center (Former Employee), bloomington - normal illinoisAugust 11, 2014
At the Registrar call center I answered phone calls from students/alumni/future students/parents/companies and assisted them with the questions they may have had for the university. We also ordered and tracked transcripts. The staff was very friendly and very flexible scheduling for college students around their class schedules.
Great place to design, teach, and run crews
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Normal, ILJune 26, 2014
Pros: artistic liberty
Cons: not great state of the art lighting technology
Teach 2-3 times a week
Learned how to excel in lighting design
Other Professors
Other Students
Serving as head of multiple areas
Artistic liberties
Great People!
Spanish Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Normal, ILJune 1, 2014
Pros: almost everything!
ISU has the most productive/student oriented staff! Love my colleagues and the students!

1 2 3 4