ILLINOIS TOOL WORKS

ILLINOIS TOOL WORKS Employer Reviews

Opportunities to grow and develop new skills
Coordinator (Current Employee), IllinoisMay 12, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: not progressive
Great company for those who enjoy change, opportunities to develop multiple skills. No day is the same at ITW.
Dynamically changing employer with innovation as a key driver
Operations Mgr (Former Employee), Glendale Hts, ILMarch 12, 2014
Pros: progressive company with good financial results
Cons: a change environment is a challenge
Large organization matrix offering job opportunities across many functions..
Consistently changing to meet the market and customer's needs.
productive work place with good health benefits
Machine Operator, ITW TOMCO, Tinley Park (Former Employee), Glenview, ILFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: good work environment freindly employees
Cons: short breaks and low pay rate
I worked molding presses and had a number to hit on the parts I made there was really no talking just work but on lunch breaks most employees would speak to each other and have a good time after working the presses so long when they malfunction you learn how to fix them yourself.
Overall an OK place to work
Technical Writer (Current Employee), FloridaJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: employee empowerment is encouraged.
Cons: company dynamic changes often
I really enjoy working at Illinois Tool Works. I specifically like the empowerment allotted me to take charge of things that were not efficient and the support to make them work for everyone.
i liked my job the challege was different everyday!
Quality Auditor, ITW TOMCO, Tinley Park (Former Employee), Glenview, ILJanuary 8, 2014
A brief contact with previous shift for any problems that occurred. Brief walk out on production floor before start of shift. Talk with set up techs for mold changes etc. Measurement of product for spc. Verification of incoming product to standards of print. A QC audit of finish product before its components are packaged up and to help engineers with – more... samples. – less
Good job, great people
Qualiy Auditor (Former Employee), Glenview, ILNovember 15, 2013
Pros: the people, health care
My job included checking parts and measuring them. Reporting findings to the Quality Manager, supervisor and floor techs as needed. Containing all non-conforming part as needed. Working with the techs, supervisors and production personal to make such that all safety and quality needs were met.
No two days were the same, due to the many different parts, – more... that were produced. Keeping up with this part of my job was the hardest but also the most enjoyable part of the job.
The hardest lesson I learned while working for ITW was to put myself out there, not to be shy, when talking to management or any other person. This helped me make many friends among my co-workers – less
Corporate level market and research activities
Innovation Program Manager, Business Development (Former Employee), Glenview, ILOctober 28, 2013
Pros: autonomy, entrepreneurial
Directing and communicating with a global, multi-disciplined team and their management through macro-market and segmentation research and analysis.
productive environment with plenty of space to grow
Labor Supervisor (Current Employee), houston tx.September 1, 2013
friendly atmosphere always smiling faces learn how to operate a verity of machines , co-workers are always willing to lend a helping hand. enjoyable part of the job are the employee appreciation lunch.
Great culture
Controller (Current Employee), IllinoisJune 22, 2013
Pros: culture, talent development, good benefits
Cons: work/life balance, amount of travel as you move up in management
ITW is very decentralized so you feel as though you are running your own business, within a framework. Management is very open to change, so those that thrive must enjoy continuous improvement (or change). All executives are very down to earth & one of the values is shared risk, that is evident. Other values include honesty & trust, which is also seen – more... on a daily basis within management. The company also treat the people right. – less
Productive and Fun
Strategic Marketing Director - VP Level (Former Employee), Troy, OHMay 29, 2013
ITW is a large conglomerate with a small company feel. Currently in a state of positive transformation that will streamline operations and leverage a shared service platform across business groups.
Fly by Night Corporation
Production Control and Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Millerton, NYMay 9, 2013
Disorganized, dishonest, only saving grace is good benefits.
Fun place to work.
Leadman (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARMarch 22, 2013
I set up machines and lead our department team. Had fun working there and enjoyed the people a the plant.
Great Place to Work
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: great relaxed environment
Cons: little room for advancement
Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a pleasant, low pressure work environment place to work.
This is a great corporation quickly becoming the best software developer in the construction industry. Passionate leaders with concise and attainable goals will help in the journey to become the industry leader by implementing daily milestones. A typical day begins – more... with a chance to sip coffee and chat with co-workers. A relaxing start to motivate software development throughout the rest of the day. Logging work and time spent in meetings into the online management system helps easily keep track of projects. The hardest part of participating in large projects is the reply time of out of state team members, which slows down progress but management is aware of the issue and understands.

ITW is a great place to work but I desire more experiences and advancements. – less
Productive and fun workplace.
Operator (Former Employee), MokenaJanuary 30, 2013
I loved my enviernment and having it be hands on was a bonus. I would go to my designated work area get my paperwork sorted and filled out. I would then go to check out the product to see if it was acceptable and from there i would stock up my components if necessary and proceed to assemble.
Wonderful place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Addison, ILNovember 15, 2012
I loved my job as Administrative Assistant! I loved my co workers and my boss. I had to leave though because of going thru a divorce and moving back to AR. I was sad to leave my job there. I love doing Admin work more so than Reception work. But I have and will do both for the right pay.
I learned how to navigate thru a spreadsheet quickly, I did all – more... kinds of projects in a timely manner and anything else that was asked of me. I did a ton of data entry which I love doing. I started out as receptionist at this job and got promoted to Administrative Assistant a year later. – less
Fast paced and demanding duties with opportunity for lots of responsibility
Purchasing and Supplier Development Engineer (Current Employee), Mokena, ILJune 7, 2012
Pros: good benefits and lots of responsibility
Cons: long work hours
The division is relatively small, giving me experience in many different aspects of the business. Management and co-workers are friendly and easy to work with. The automotive industry is very demanding and fast paced. Days are often very long and stressful.
Receiving Clerk
Blown Film Extrusion Operator (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAJune 3, 2012
a Back-up Receiving Clerk responsible for loading and unloading products and transporting to designated areas. Used RF scanner to verify quantity of products
Traditional company with a modern, progressive culture.
temporary assignment (Former Employee), Glenview, ILMay 7, 2012
Pros: on-site cafeteria
Cons: temporary assignment was not extended.
Management at the company was focused on corporate and individual achievement. The environment of the company management and co-workers was very positive and upbeat. Most had been there for quite some time,and to me appeared to be very grateful to be employed there.
Old Fashion Manufacturer
Engineer (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILApril 24, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no career path, below average compensation
ITW is an old fashioned manufacturer that was at one time innovative and cutting edge. It is now flailing to try to keep up. Management doesn't have or give a clear direction.

OutOfDate – March 22, 2013

Couldn't agree with your statement more.

A very good learning experience for me
Operator (Former Employee), Orange, TXMarch 21, 2012
I learn who to mix chemicals , check hoppers , lab testing on different grades of plastic , check railcars , troubleshooting equipment