ILLINOIS TOOL WORKS Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome Work Environment
Direct Procurement & Strategic Sourcing Intern (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJune 3, 2016
Great company with great people! Worked as an intern with the eSourcing team and had an amazing experience. Made lifelong business connections as well as friends.
Good work experience for Co-ops
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILApril 13, 2016
Fun co-workers, constantly asked to take high stakes projects and responsibilities, constantly was able to speak to customers and was able to provide engineering solutions as a student, was referred to as an engineer rather than a co-op towards the end of my college experience.
Pros
Challenging work, Fast paced, Hands on, High responsibility
Cons
Seems hard to advance
professional environment with longterm opportunity
Automation Operator (Former Employee) –  Millerton, NYApril 2, 2016
I supervised production machines for headrest guides for car seats, and was given ample time to do ample work and found the pace to be engaging but not overwhelming. My chief supervisor suffered greatly from stress but for the most part my coworkers were competent, reliable individuals. I was compensated adequately and enjoyed my labor.
Pros
engaging environment, good pay/benefits
Cons
some communication issues
great work environment
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Mazon, ILMarch 29, 2016
worked on machines
sorted through parts
Machine Operator
Cleaned Macines
Coworkers were great
The worst part was my shift ending
Clean Job site
Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILFebruary 8, 2016
the facility was clean. There were a lot of different job opportunities. they had good benefits. Only bad thing was the employee drama.
Fast-paced
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILSeptember 26, 2015
It's an okay place to work. Some things do remind you of working on a plantation because it is very strict, even with going to the bathroom. They are based off a point system which will screw you and no matter what proper documentation you have, it doesn't matter. But if you can keep up with the pace of the company, then you are good to go.
ITW Buehler fluctuates a little too much
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Lake BluffAugust 20, 2015
I have learned quite a bit in my short time, as my entire department has left! You never know if you are on the next round of layoffs. They seem to do it bi-annually.
Pros
Amazing Benes
Cons
You never know if you are next on the chopping block.
Growing company with great managers
Application Support / Development (Former Employee) –  Glenview, IllinnoisAugust 4, 2015
I am lucky to have worked a short 6 months contract in IT Support. Co-workers were friendly and managers were helpful. This company respects it employees.
Pros
Great location and work atmosphere
Enjoy working with the conpany.
Forklift Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJune 28, 2015
Enjoy with the company and the people and good pay and benefits. The company it was a place to moved up within the company and gave information of the new jobs avaiable.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
driving from Montgomery to Lagrange Ga.
ups and downs.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILApril 11, 2015
Supervisors could have been more attentive to every day happenings. I think pay should have been better for the work being done.
Great place
Material handler (Current Employee) –  Little rockMarch 18, 2015
Great place great co workers Room for advancement. I really enjoy working here lots of responsibilities I just need more money
Interesting place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILMarch 17, 2015
Its a nice place to work if you don,t need a stable income. Due to supply and demand the automotive industry has its ups and downs and work hours will be adjusted accordingly.
Cons
unstable work hours
Good Experience
REGIONAL SERVICE CENTER SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILMarch 6, 2015
Tons of experience gained in the supply chain field. Took part in ensuring customer orders were filled accurately and timely. Also monitored inventory levels
Nice place to work with your own space and at a nice pace.
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Richton Park, IllinoisSeptember 16, 2014
A day at work was the same everyday, we had our stations or machines we were assigned and designated to do prior to shift start. I worked on multiple machines and learned to work at the pace of company standards, troubleshoot machines when necessary, inspect for quality alerts while working,organizing, and cleaning to end the shift. The hardest part of the job was working overnight, and staying productive. Working overnight has helped me become a better worker and a flexible overtime worker. The company held high standards and kept production flowing.
Pros
lunch parties on occaasion, night pay, spacey, good management, friendly co-workers
Cons
night shift, same movements, 10 minute breaks
Production company
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richton Park, ILAugust 30, 2014
Fast pace environment. Continuously assisting others while managing the production facility.
family orienteted place to work and good benefits
Press operator ITW Assist Grip Business Illinois (Former Employee) –  Frankfort IllinoisAugust 28, 2014
wrk hours were different for each job,,Enjoyed working with people, The coworkers are always nice and polite.
Opportunity to work with companies in different parts of the world
Senior Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILAugust 6, 2014
It was a truly a learning experience to work with 920 different small companies under one Corporation. Acquisition of about 4-5 companies every year from various parts of the world was this company's high priority. This gave us an opportunity at our Corporate Research Center to work on different projects from different companies from all parts of the world. Learned a lot on Regulations from various countries.
Pros
every project that i worked was completely different
Cons
the number of companies accquired grew out of control, had to close the corporate research center.
If I could give zero stars, I would!!!
rank and file (Former Employee) –  MokenaJune 28, 2014
First off, I want to say that I STRONGLY believe that some of these reviews were written by management, or by one of their vile minions. There is NO WAY that an operator who worked at Mokena or Tinley Park would say that they loved their jobs and found them enjoyable. ITW is a horrible place and working for them is anything but enjoyable. They don't want smart people working there, they want "yes" people. If you are anything but that type of person, then they will either find a way to fire you, or they will torment you so much that you will choose to leave, just like I did. Management and HR are the main culprits as each one washes the other's backsides. I cannot believe that they've managed to stay in business for so long with standards like these in place. Do yourself a favor...if you are even considering working for these people, DON'T!!! I learned my lesson and left before my soul was completely destroyed by them. This place and the people who work for them will make you just as sad and bitter as they are.
Pros
slightly better than average healthcare benefits
Cons
hr, management, lack of clear direction, strong culture of blame
Opportunities to grow and develop new skills
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 12, 2014
Great company for those who enjoy change, opportunities to develop multiple skills. No day is the same at ITW.
Pros
great people
Cons
not progressive
Dynamically changing employer with innovation as a key driver
Operations Mgr (Former Employee) –  Glendale Hts, ILMarch 12, 2014
Large organization matrix offering job opportunities across many functions..
Consistently changing to meet the market and customer's needs.
Pros
progressive company with good financial results
Cons
a change environment is a challenge