Illumina Employee Reviews

Great
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Excellent
Cons: Excellent
An amazing Company to work for I was there seven year, it would be nice to go back, work for illumine. Excellent company, Love the people that worked with, I truly miss the people I worked with...
Always something different to do
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), Hayward, CAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: friend co-workers
Cons: management communication, recognition
Perform operations on sequencing units
Familiar with most troubleshooting of encountered issues
Group dynamic makes work enjoyable
Awsome place to work
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN III (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Innovation, Research oriented, Nice Cafeteria, gym, Activities for employees, lots of free food
Cons: Incredible fast pace, work overloads.
Great company to work for, A collective innovative spirit. They take good care of their employees with lots of growth opportunities and opportunities to travel inside and outside of USA. Flex time and research oriented.
I like work enviroment
FINAL INSTRUMENT TEST ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Hayward, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: adapt enviroment and leanr quick
working at Illumina, I gained knowledge of DNA sequencing and experience with verifying Miseq instrument performance
Productive and fun workplace
Contractor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 4, 2015
Pros: It's a beautiful campus
Cons: Due to energy shortages it's a little warm.
It's a fast pace job, the company grows weekly. It's exciting and rewarding. People are very knowledgeable and polite.
Nice group to work with
Scientist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Interesting science
Cons: Salary
Group does interesting work and very driven colleagues.
WTSI is a nice campus and there are many opportunites to meet new people and form collaboration
Great place to work and the things they are doing with genetics is going to be life changing
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIDecember 2, 2014
Pros: fantastic place to work, leading edge of technology
Cons: work out of home so if relocating this makes it tough to meet people.
I would recommend this job to anyone. You work out of home and the needs of the customer always come first. That may sound like a lot but it keeps you busy Monday- Friday and the occasional weekend which – more... was very rare. you always had a few or half office days during the month to get all your paperwork done. I haven't been there since 2010 but I do keep in touch with some of my ex coworkers and they still seem happy. If you want to be on the edge of technology and changing to world this company is like the apple of healthcare electronics so I would keep an eye on them. – less
A great company to work for.
Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2014
A great company to work for. This is crazy. I enjoyed working there. I just want to apply for this job but I'm forced to do all this too?
average company
Sr. Tech. Optical and Laser (Former Employee), Hayward, CAMarch 7, 2014
not many higher position created for employee who work for many years
Worst experience of my life.
Engineering (Former Employee), San DiegoDecember 20, 2013
Pros: stock price
Cons: toxic leadership
This company despite the great stock price has the most horrible management structure I have encountered in my 30 year career.

Favoritism & politics rule the day and night and career growth is impossible – more... unless connected in the right circles of insiders.

All the perks and the new buildings cannot even come close to being treated like trash every day, I did have a few great co-workers but most don’t stay long because of the toxic leadership.

I cannot recommend anyone working their because it will affect health and well being, they have no work life balance; they make demands for all your time and then disrespect you.

I have tendered my two week notice and have a better job/company waiting, Thank God. – less
Fun place to work.
Intern (Current Employee), CaliforniaJuly 28, 2013
As an intern I got to learn a lot. The structure is very flat, where everyone treats everyone with respect. My manager helped me fit into the role with an easy transition.
very nice cleanroom, quiet and people are friendly.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2013
Pros: potluck and surprises
I've worked here for 5 years, I tell myself to retire on this company when I get older because this is the best company to work my entire life. So sad I got laid off, and I am still hoping to work here and keep on applying on a job opening. Hope I'll be lucky to get hired again. 'missed the people and a good benefits and management.
Terrible Management Finance . starting from HR
Cost (Former Employee), san diegoJuly 3, 2013
Pros: coffee ok
Cons: short breaks.
This is the worse experience that an employee can have working for such a big company with no infrastructure. Low motivation from Management to advance in projects they wrap up the month end close with long overtime hours and yet they do not recognize you for your efforts.Lack of organization bad Management.
Illumina
Test Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 30, 2013
It's a great place to work.

For a company that continues to get big, they are able to stay ambitious, innovative, and relaxed all at the same time.

Usually in the lab for the most of the project, the – more... team was structured with 3 testers, 1 project manager, 2 engineers, 1 developer.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to find root causes for issues that have been hanging around for 2 years. – less
Soo many people... very little space.
Research & Development Technician (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAMay 30, 2013
Very smart people everywhere. Get used to sharing space. Prototype, test and validate. Hardest part of job was debugging RMAs. The most enjoyable part was happy hour Fridays.
Fast-pace manufacturing enviroment
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 18, 2013
Pros: professionalism
Cons: strictly medical
education place to work. Making medical devices for reseach.
GREAT COMPANY
IT Procurement/Asset and Telecom Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 10, 2013
fast paced environment, great people and great culture. thoroughly enjoyed working here
Very interesting and excellent work environment
Payroll Analyst - (Consultant) (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 1, 2013
Employee orientated with excellent benefits. Fast paced casual and friendly atmosphere
No work life balance
Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CaNovember 27, 2012
Pros: competitive compensation
Cons: no work life balance and poor leadership
Management is all about tooting their own horns and provides no leadership or recognition for high performing employees. There is no work life balance and growth opportunity is slim.
unclear/shifting goals, lack of transparency, poor work life balance
Former employee (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 28, 2012
Pros: coworkers...all in this together mentality
Cons: leadership, infrastructure, culture
unclear/shifting goals, lack of transparency, poor work life balance. The employees are stellar, bright, motivated, focused... Leadership is unfocused, uncollaborative, and creates an almost unbearable long-term work environment. Lack of infrastructure and solid systems create an inefficient and frustrating day to day experience.