Illuminas is seeking a highly motivated, inquisitive and creative market researcher with at least 2 years of experience supporting quantitative and/or qualitative market research projects. As a Research Associate for Illuminas, you’ll work closely with Research Managers and senior staff to design and execute large-scale projects for clients in a variety of industries (most notably technology, media and online). The ideal candidate will have experience supporting research projects, and will enjoy working on thought-provoking projects for Fortune 1000 companies. Our clients come to us with their toughest business issues, so we’re seeking someone who likes to be challenged and enjoys being part of a team that is dedicated to solving complex problems.
The Research Associate must be familiar and experienced with the executional details of market research. This position is the “front line” of each research project, ensuring the quality and timely operation of every process in the research lifecycle. Research Associates contribute to content development for client projects (questionnaires, discussion guides, analysis, etc.), but the primary focus of this position is to ensure the success of the day-to-day operations including (but not limited to) developing project documentation, coordinating and checking online survey programs, hosting vendor kickoff calls and managing vendors, facilitating data collection and updating sample quotas, developing tab plans, checking data tables, developing report templates, facilitating report data entry and review, and summarizing project progress on a weekly basis
- Support all phases of custom market research studies, both qualitative and/or quantitative, as outlined above
- Develop project timelines, and work with Research Managers to ensure all project milestones and deliverables are met
- Manage all project vendors (programmers, panel providers, recruiters, translators, etc.)
- Act as liaison between internal resources (research team, data processing, accounting, etc.) to ensure that project needs are met
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years experience in supplier-side custom market research, with the ability to support the research lifecycle from design through to analysis
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, with strong attention to detail and developed organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable collaborating with all levels of consultants
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Must be highly proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Curiosity, a natural desire to answer complex questions, and a dedication to life-long learning and intellectual challenges
- Technology experience and/or interest is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Profit sharing
- Benefits (health, dental, 401(k), vision, disability, tuition credit)
- Generous vacation policy, including sabbaticals for tenured staff
As a boutique and highly collaborative research firm, there is tremendous opportunity within this position. Research Associates are expected to master all of the day to day processes of qualitative and quantitative projects, and are closely mentored to ensure comprehensive understanding of research methodologies and tasks. Because of this, Research Associates are a vital member of the Illuminas team, and our overarching goal is to cultivate each Associate’s skills so they can effectively move into the Research Manager role.
This position is located in our Austin, Texas office. Relocation assistance is available for qualified applicants.