IMA Employee Reviews in United States

good
Karate instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77099May 4, 2016
great environment. you stay fit while helping others. Teaching plays a big part it helps develop good learning skills. It is tiring at first but then you get used to it. It is an active job and you do a lot of different work outs.
Sell your soul to the devil and make a quick buck
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 15, 2016
Allegedly, of course...This is a business for the stick and move employee. If you really need income and you have no moral compass, this is the place for you. Just become accustomed to limited bathroom breaks, pompous task masters, no vacation, life work balance or paid time off, and deceiving customers all day with the news of the fact that the number they are trying to reach has changed, however we have a great offer for you and we will then connect you to the business you are trying to reach (lies,,,all,,,lies). While you are at it, offer them free equipment that they supposedly won, which they will be asked to return later when they wise up and cancel their account. And while you're at, offer the customer a $100 dollar rebate voucher for a 30-day trial offer shoppers club, and as a purposely oversight, neglect to tell them that they are required to spend $1000 before they ever see that $100 rebate...don't forget to mention it will be given in $10 monthly increments,,,. "Oh what tangled webs we weave for a weekly paycheck."
Pros
Weekly paycheck if you can stomach the job.
Cons
Bait and switch company
IMA knows how to keep you busy!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 10, 2016
When walking into this place of business you would think your day would go by so slow ; because all you see is a whole bunch of computers, and people with headsets on. This job was actually okay because it keeps you busy the whole time you on the clock. The only I didn't like the job was because it goes on how many people you can get to buy something. Like when I was working there we use to sell magazines , so we would call people phone and try to get them to purchase our item. Sometimes that didn't go to good. IMA is basicaly an advertising company who sells products over the phone.
love it here but its volenteer work
Program Assistance/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMarch 22, 2016
typical day is answering calls, sending out and receiving mail, taking complaints. employs are very nice and caring. youll make a lot friends and its a awesome church as well.
Pros
gained experiance
Cons
volenteer work
Very unprofessional
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 16, 2016
Unprofessional
Iv'e learned how to be totally comfortable with sales
The management is ok
My coworkers are very unprofessional
the hardest part is lying to the customers to get their information
I have met a awesome new friend
Fast pace and fun work place with room for advancement
LP Closer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 9, 2015
The hardest part of working at IMA was learning phone sales. I was transferred to a different shift with a new manager a week after starting. My new manager instantly acknowledged that I was outstanding at customer service but phone sales was new to me. He retrained me quickly and effectively, my increase in skill was acknowledged by a higher manager. Learning this new sales skill gave me confidence and skill in phone sales.
Pros
Food truck, Benefits, 3 breaks
Horrible, horrible, horrible company!! I couldn't give it 0 stars!!!!!
spec ups (Former Employee) –  virginia beachJune 2, 2015
IMA is the worst place to work, I don't recommend anyone to work there. They say you're going into an interview an its just explaining about the company with you an five other ppl, no interview process at all. Ppl just walk in off the street. They say you get on the job training there's no training at all. You're scamming old ppl out of money. God forbid if you have a family emergency or have to call out sick you have no job security there it's a total revolving door.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
never enough parking, if you don't arrive way early to get one your out back an running across 8 lanes of heavy traffic, managment is horrible, they don't train they expect you to know the scripts word for word, most disgusting place have to bring own lysol wipes to wipe headset an tables down, womens restroom nasty an dirty.
Not a place to be
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 20, 2015
they don't care about your life
work you to death
they make people work over time seven days a week and don't pay you right cheat you out of your money
if you in school not a place to work
if you have a family like small children run
Lie about your work schedule to get you in the door
Pros
Cons
Lie about your work schedule to get you in the door
Horrible Place to Work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 4, 2015
Worst management, good money to be made but the salary is not worth the treatment you receive as an employee. They fired me while I was out sick with pneumonia that the doctor believes I acquired from the bacteria from the job! The general manager upstairs told me that I should quit my job and reapply after I was healthy again. If I had done that, I would have lost my benefits that I needed to pay for the hospital bill! I had proper documentation of the absences, but they would not take the documents for their records. The environment is not clean or neat.
Pros
$$$
Cons
no flexibility with schedule, no sick days off, terrible management
Quick Hire and you want to Quickly Go
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 10, 2015
ALOT OF COLD-CALLING.Trying to make people do things they dont want to do at all.Alot of rebuttals and doing whatever it takes to make the owner alot of money.
poor work enviorment all the way around
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Detroit,MIMarch 31, 2015
Poor management and unprofessional work ethic they do not know how to conduct a business and everyone with a title don't know anything so if you ask a question or ask for assistance you will not get any help
Consistant
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 11, 2015
Supervised and trained Junior Recruiters.
• Screen and sort resumes for specific qualifications to meet the company criteria for employment.
• Scheduled and conducted testing and application sessions.
• Conducted face-to-face interviews.
• Developed tracking systems to maintain employment status of hired candidates.
• Maintained applicant’s files and faxed authorization for background checks.
• Communicated with the H.R. Managers and Administrative Assistants, to ensure the plants were properly staffed.
• Maintained a secure applicant pool for attrition.
Pros
ability to assist people with employment
Cons
poor structure
Great enviroment and friendly employees
TEMP (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Working for them through a temp agency was very well balanced in my day to day life. Loved working the hours I had and the work was very easy and kept me busy. I'd would work there in a heartbeat!
At first it was Great!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2015
At first working with this company was great. Everyone got along, great atmosphere. Until the president hired some outside company to clean house. Everyone was in fear for their jobs. This company was bringing in new people left and right to "help" us but it was only to line the pockets of this other company to spy on other people and pump them for information of their personal lives. A small group of us remained loyal to each other and did not let this interfere with our jobs. We remained doing the great work we always did. Then the head honcho started firing people who would not befriend her or take give into her evil ways and betray our friends confidants. Anyways Up until these two sharks came in and destroyed the company. None of the people that I had worked with are even there anymore. I just did not wanna go to work and deal with the stress of seeing her or the minions she would establish at our residents. The one thing I can't stand is Phony people and they are two of the worst. But The Doctor I worked for was amazing, I learned a lot from him in regards to internal medicine and his hobbies that he would do on the weekends. He had a huge interest in Hiv and Aids. Which having friends and loved ones who have had this disease and died from it really intrigued me. I was his lead MA. I did have a assistant who was we always called each other partners in crime. The hardest part of my job was keeping the Doctor moving. He loved to socialize, which a little bit is fine but we closed at 3:30 sometimes I didn't get out of there till 5-5:30. So I really had to stay on top of him.  more... Otherwise I loved the work I loved having so much responsibility. But when my family and I left NV and moved to east coast i felt a sense of relief because of the two that came into the environment and destroyed the happy, easy going, loving to be there environment, that it was before them.  less
Fun work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 14, 2014
The best part of working for this company was the wonderful people I had the opportunity to work with. This was a very positive work environment to work in and that made me very comfortable
Fun place to work
Telemarketing (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 4, 2014
IMA was a fun place to work. It gave me the opportunity to show my competitive side and set/achieve goals. The environment was friendly, the hours were great and the pay was decent. Outbound calls, sales, customer service, data entry
Pros
pay, scheduling, environment, etc.
Cons
could be slow at times
Job title does not exist any longer
Inventory Management Associate (Former Employee) –  st. george utOctober 29, 2014
This was a position within Home Depot years ago and no longer exists.
Strong midlevel brokerage firm
Claims Advocate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 28, 2014
Great clients and challenging environment
Professional and courteous co-workers
Lacks professional development
Promotes and encourages balance for employees
Terrible Company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VaJuly 14, 2014
Ok hands down my worst work experience ever. I got hired here fairly fast and started the next day after hiring. First off my manager was extremely rude and high and mighty. She didnt have a sense of leadership nor did she seem to have the skills it was to train me. So she sat me with another employee with whom I trained with for 3 days. On the SECOND day I had already took a call with little to none information taught. My manager got upset when my first call didnt go completely how it was supposed to. Thats when I realized that the place was really unprofessional. Everyone uses profanity in the room, (the manager even cursed at me, as well as her assistant) and it seems to be more about popularity than actually working. Anyways i started working on my own there for about two weeks before ultimately deciding it wasnt worth the effort I was putting in. Deffinitely a job for a person who is willing to go through disrespect, no hope of long term employment, or excelling in a position.
Pros
pay, lunch truck
Cons
unprofessional, uncertain if your employed the next day, short lunches etc
Worst place to work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 10, 2014
There is nothing that comes to mind. You are basically cold calling and harassing individuals to buy magazine subscriptions. Base pay is barely minimum wage and the incentives are unrealistic.