IMA

IMA Employee Reviews

Not a place to be
Production Worker (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 20, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Lie about your work schedule to get you in the door
they don't care about your life
work you to death
they make people work over time seven days a week and don't pay you right cheat you out of your money
if you in school not a place to work
if you have a family like small children run
Lie about your work schedule to get you in the door
Horrible Place to Work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 4, 2015
Pros: $$$
Cons: no flexibility with schedule, no sick days off, terrible management
Worst management, good money to be made but the salary is not worth the treatment you receive as an employee. They fired me while I was out sick with pneumonia that the doctor believes I acquired from the bacteria from the job! The general manager upstairs told me that I should quit my job and reapply after I was healthy again. If I had done that, I would have lost my benefits that I needed to pay for the hospital bill! I had proper documentation of the absences, but they would not take the documents for their records. The environment is not clean or neat.
Quick Hire and you want to Quickly Go
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 10, 2015
ALOT OF COLD-CALLING.Trying to make people do things they dont want to do at all.Alot of rebuttals and doing whatever it takes to make the owner alot of money.
poor work enviorment all the way around
Production Associate (Former Employee), Detroit,MIMarch 31, 2015
Poor management and unprofessional work ethic they do not know how to conduct a business and everyone with a title don't know anything so if you ask a question or ask for assistance you will not get any help
Consistant
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 11, 2015
Pros: ability to assist people with employment
Cons: poor structure
Supervised and trained Junior Recruiters.
• Screen and sort resumes for specific qualifications to meet the company criteria for employment.
• Scheduled and conducted testing and application sessions.
• Conducted face-to-face interviews.
• Developed tracking systems to maintain employment status of hired candidates.
• Maintained applicant’s files and faxed authorization for background checks.
• Communicated with the H.R. Managers and Administrative Assistants, to ensure the plants were properly staffed.
• Maintained a secure applicant pool for attrition.
Great enviroment and friendly employees
TEMP (Former Employee), Albany, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Working for them through a temp agency was very well balanced in my day to day life. Loved working the hours I had and the work was very easy and kept me busy. I'd would work there in a heartbeat!
At first it was Great!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2015
At first working with this company was great. Everyone got along, great atmosphere. Until the president hired some outside company to clean house. Everyone was in fear for their jobs. This company was bringing in new people left and right to "help" us but it was only to line the pockets of this other company to spy on other people and pump them for information of their personal lives. A small group of us remained loyal to each other and did not let this interfere with our jobs. We remained doing the great work we always did. Then the head honcho started firing people who would not befriend her or take give into her evil ways and betray our friends confidants. Anyways Up until these two sharks came in and destroyed the company. None of the people that I had worked with are even there anymore. I just did not wanna go to work and deal with the stress of seeing her or the minions she would establish at our residents. The one thing I can't stand is Phony people and they are two of the worst. But The Doctor I worked for was amazing, I learned a lot from him in regards to internal medicine and his hobbies that he would do on the weekends. He had a huge interest in Hiv and Aids. Which having friends and loved ones who have had this disease and died from it really intrigued me. I was his lead MA. I did have a assistant who was we always called each other partners in crime. The hardest part of my job was keeping the Doctor moving. He loved to socialize, which a little bit is fine but we closed at 3:30 sometimes I didn't get out of there till 5-5:30. So I really had to stay on top of him. Otherwise I loved the work I loved having so much responsibility. But when my family and I left NV and moved to east coast i felt a sense of relief because of the two that came into the environment and destroyed the happy, easy going, loving to be there environment, that it was before them.
Fun work place
Receptionist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 14, 2014
The best part of working for this company was the wonderful people I had the opportunity to work with. This was a very positive work environment to work in and that made me very comfortable
Fun place to work
Telemarketing (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 4, 2014
Pros: pay, scheduling, environment, etc.
Cons: could be slow at times
IMA was a fun place to work. It gave me the opportunity to show my competitive side and set/achieve goals. The environment was friendly, the hours were great and the pay was decent. Outbound calls, sales, customer service, data entry
Job title does not exist any longer
Inventory Management Associate (Former Employee), st. george utOctober 29, 2014
This was a position within Home Depot years ago and no longer exists.
Strong midlevel brokerage firm
Claims Advocate (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 28, 2014
Great clients and challenging environment
Professional and courteous co-workers
Lacks professional development
Promotes and encourages balance for employees
Terrible Company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VaJuly 14, 2014
Pros: pay, lunch truck
Cons: unprofessional, uncertain if your employed the next day, short lunches etc
Ok hands down my worst work experience ever. I got hired here fairly fast and started the next day after hiring. First off my manager was extremely rude and high and mighty. She didnt have a sense of leadership nor did she seem to have the skills it was to train me. So she sat me with another employee with whom I trained with for 3 days. On the SECOND day I had already took a call with little to none information taught. My manager got upset when my first call didnt go completely how it was supposed to. Thats when I realized that the place was really unprofessional. Everyone uses profanity in the room, (the manager even cursed at me, as well as her assistant) and it seems to be more about popularity than actually working. Anyways i started working on my own there for about two weeks before ultimately deciding it wasnt worth the effort I was putting in. Deffinitely a job for a person who is willing to go through disrespect, no hope of long term employment, or excelling in a position.
Worst place to work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 10, 2014
There is nothing that comes to mind. You are basically cold calling and harassing individuals to buy magazine subscriptions. Base pay is barely minimum wage and the incentives are unrealistic.
A good place to work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Highland Park, MIJuly 10, 2014
Work with great people. Became a good quality inspector. Always happy to come to work everyday. The most enjoyable part about going to work was being around my co-worker.
High paced
Executive Sales Producer (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: decent lunch breaks, commission based pay
At IMA, I was a telemarketer. You sell magazines to customers. You would call a person, say your script and hope that you would make a sale. Your salary would depend on how many sales you made. The management was great. They're very motivating people who know how to get work done. I loved most of the people I worked with as well. We're all there for the same reason, to make a paycheck. A lot of people don't enjoy telemarketing, but I was good at it so I actually loved it. Of course, you're going to come across some customers who aren't so friendly, but all in all I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I got to talk to some great people from all over the country, hear some interesting stories and make decent money all at the same time.
productive envioronment
temp (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 23, 2014
Pros: pays weekly, three breaks plus lunch break per shift
Cons: short break
enjoyed working for a plant, i learned the meaning of hard work. i also enjoyed meeting new people. the hardest part of the job was standing for long periods of time with short breaks but overall its a job and requires hard work and dedication.
Friendly workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 5, 2014
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: short breaks
Learned more about different products so that I was able to help the customers pick the one that best fit their personal needs.
fun place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 17, 2014
Pros: close to home, day shift
Cons: nature of business, you go thru slow periods, and shutdowns
made seat cusions for car seats to be used in corvettes,learned function on my assingment on my own as well as part of a team,in prodution,my co workers were great people,the hardest part of the job was ,when we were going thru slow periods ,and shutdowns ,because it affects you finanacially ,the most enjoyable part of the job was working days,getting off when its still sunny outside
Great company with potential for large growth in future
Servicing Account Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 16, 2014
IMA is a great broker who values protecting assets and making a difference.
Telemarketing
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee), VAApril 11, 2014
I love customers, mad, upset, happy, angry or what have you. Helping them, was the perk of the job. I loved helping them, Helping my manager, my manager always made us feel welcome and helped with customers who were very upset.

1 2 3