IMA Employee Reviews

Wonderful coworkers. No room for advancement.
Marketing coordinator, Processor, Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2017
Home office Supervisor was wonderful. Upper management was unavailable. No advancement, little to no increase annually. No overtime. Weekend schedule. Late shift.
Pros
Coworkers were wonderful
Cons
No advancement, low pay
Classy Environment Professional Chill Laid-Back
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23452December 7, 2016
Its a fun work place. If you can read and sound enthusiastic you basically have the job. If your a natural sales person than you can do this job. Once you perfect your pitch this job is golden. the benefits are great & you get a dollar comisson for every thing you sell. which considering how easy the job is....its perfect.
Pros
30 Minute Breaks
Cons
Sitting Down All Day
Nonproductive
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 3, 2016
Very busy with sales

Learned how to make sales

Management could of been better

Co-workers were awesome!

Hardest part of the job was having a boss who had favorites

The most enjoyable was talking to customers
Very Productive
Medical Chart Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 19, 2016
Very Friendly Atmosphere. The Place Is Run Very Orderly. The Management Are Awesome With Working And Leading The Employees. Hours Can Be Negotiated Depending On The Employees.
I really like
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 22, 2016
great! positive attitudes, great team work and always get the assignment done. Management is great good leadership skills . My coworkers made my day great everyday. The hardest part of the job was to lifting heavy items. I love making my city a better place each and every day.
good place to start
Sales Closer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 9, 2016
good place to start for people that don't have a lot of work experience. they are all about sales. no room for growth. strictly a place to make money and get experience
Organized and fun place to work
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 8, 2016
I loved my job here. It kind of hard at times but the training process will help with that. I met a lot of great people and are still friends with them today.I will miss everyone there
productive, fast pace, hot envrionment
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 1, 2016
a typical day of work is trying to find your line leader to give you the supplies you need through out the work day. The management is poor because there is a lack of communication from supervisors to employees. I enjoy my co-workers because I work in a smaller department so its more of a family and we all work together to get to reach our quota for the day. the hardest part of the job would be just pushing the bins but for the most part everything is pretty manageable .
Pros
healthcare
Cons
short breaks, no overtime if wanted
large organization with a family environment
Business Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJMay 31, 2016
• Identifies and helps to develop strategic relationships with partners or potential Exhibitors.
• Develops strong pipeline of new customers through direct or indirect contact and prospecting.
• Manage accounts after sale is complete to make sure the customers are accommodated for the arrival of the conference.
• Responsible for coordinating with multiple departments in company for the organization of the conferences.
production
Assembler / Packer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 19, 2016
the schedule is the hardest not enough hours and no benefits
everything else is great the work environment and the employees and management are respectful and polite
good
Karate instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77099May 4, 2016
great environment. you stay fit while helping others. Teaching plays a big part it helps develop good learning skills. It is tiring at first but then you get used to it. It is an active job and you do a lot of different work outs.
Sell your soul to the devil and make a quick buck
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 15, 2016
Allegedly, of course...This is a business for the stick and move employee. If you really need income and you have no moral compass, this is the place for you. Just become accustomed to limited bathroom breaks, pompous task masters, no vacation, life work balance or paid time off, and deceiving customers all day with the news of the fact that the number they are trying to reach has changed, however we have a great offer for you and we will then connect you to the business you are trying to reach (lies,,,all,,,lies). While you are at it, offer them free equipment that they supposedly won, which they will be asked to return later when they wise up and cancel their account. And while you're at, offer the customer a $100 dollar rebate voucher for a 30-day trial offer shoppers club, and as a purposely oversight, neglect to tell them that they are required to spend $1000 before they ever see that $100 rebate...don't forget to mention it will be given in $10 monthly increments,,,. "Oh what tangled webs we weave for a weekly paycheck."
Pros
Weekly paycheck if you can stomach the job.
Cons
Bait and switch company
IMA knows how to keep you busy!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 10, 2016
When walking into this place of business you would think your day would go by so slow ; because all you see is a whole bunch of computers, and people with headsets on. This job was actually okay because it keeps you busy the whole time you on the clock. The only I didn't like the job was because it goes on how many people you can get to buy something. Like when I was working there we use to sell magazines , so we would call people phone and try to get them to purchase our item. Sometimes that didn't go to good. IMA is basicaly an advertising company who sells products over the phone.
love it here but its volenteer work
Program Assistance/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMarch 22, 2016
typical day is answering calls, sending out and receiving mail, taking complaints. employs are very nice and caring. youll make a lot friends and its a awesome church as well.
Pros
gained experiance
Cons
volenteer work
Very unprofessional
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 16, 2016
Unprofessional
Iv'e learned how to be totally comfortable with sales
The management is ok
My coworkers are very unprofessional
the hardest part is lying to the customers to get their information
I have met a awesome new friend
Fast pace and fun work place with room for advancement
LP Closer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 9, 2015
The hardest part of working at IMA was learning phone sales. I was transferred to a different shift with a new manager a week after starting. My new manager instantly acknowledged that I was outstanding at customer service but phone sales was new to me. He retrained me quickly and effectively, my increase in skill was acknowledged by a higher manager. Learning this new sales skill gave me confidence and skill in phone sales.
Pros
Food truck, Benefits, 3 breaks
Horrible, horrible, horrible company!! I couldn't give it 0 stars!!!!!
spec ups (Former Employee) –  virginia beachJune 2, 2015
IMA is the worst place to work, I don't recommend anyone to work there. They say you're going into an interview an its just explaining about the company with you an five other ppl, no interview process at all. Ppl just walk in off the street. They say you get on the job training there's no training at all. You're scamming old ppl out of money. God forbid if you have a family emergency or have to call out sick you have no job security there it's a total revolving door.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
never enough parking, if you don't arrive way early to get one your out back an running across 8 lanes of heavy traffic, managment is horrible, they don't train they expect you to know the scripts word for word, most disgusting place have to bring own lysol wipes to wipe headset an tables down, womens restroom nasty an dirty.
Not a place to be
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 20, 2015
they don't care about your life
work you to death
they make people work over time seven days a week and don't pay you right cheat you out of your money
if you in school not a place to work
if you have a family like small children run
Lie about your work schedule to get you in the door
Pros
Cons
Lie about your work schedule to get you in the door
Horrible Place to Work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 4, 2015
Worst management, good money to be made but the salary is not worth the treatment you receive as an employee. They fired me while I was out sick with pneumonia that the doctor believes I acquired from the bacteria from the job! The general manager upstairs told me that I should quit my job and reapply after I was healthy again. If I had done that, I would have lost my benefits that I needed to pay for the hospital bill! I had proper documentation of the absences, but they would not take the documents for their records. The environment is not clean or neat.
Pros
$$$
Cons
no flexibility with schedule, no sick days off, terrible management
Quick Hire and you want to Quickly Go
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 10, 2015
ALOT OF COLD-CALLING.Trying to make people do things they dont want to do at all.Alot of rebuttals and doing whatever it takes to make the owner alot of money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IMA. Our community is ready to answer.