The successful candidate will provide leadership and coordination to ensure that company accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. This person motivates not only their team but the entire organization to greater achievement. This person is self-motivated and a business leader. He or she must be a detailed, hands-on oriented player, able to develop long range business plans, and manage a financial team.
Location: Lantana, Florida
Working Locations: Office
- Supports financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to management and outside accounting firm.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting monthly financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Completes operational requirements by coordinating and completing work results.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree and CPA are minimum requirements
- 5+ years’ of related industry experience
- Managing Processes
- Financial Software with SAP Experience and knowledge a stong plus
- Developing Standards
- Corporate Finance
- Tracking Budget Expenses
- Financial Skills
- Analyzing Information
- Developing Budgets
- Performance Management
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Assertive and picks up topics, moves them forward and achieves results with a hands-on mentality, intellectual astuteness and a way of working which is solution-oriented and pragmatic.
- Possesses a highly analytical conceptual competence, strong service-orientation flexibility, and a high level of dedication and commitment.
- Illicit new ideas, sees innovation and reforms as a chance to actively shape change;
- Skilled at utilizing technological tools to enhance performance and efficiency.
- Leadership and management skills are exceptional and this person knows how to integrate teams. This person is characterized by very strong communication skills. They have conflict resolution skills and clearly communicate deviating standpoints with respect.
- Excellent communication skills and is a strong negotiator.
- Work independently and under pressure
- Team-oriented non-constrained management style, the ability to guide interdisciplinary teams and can manage in a result-and target-oriented manner.