Imagination Technologies is one of the world’s fastest growing and most exciting technology companies. Rapidly climbing the FTSE250 on the London Stock Exchange, the breadth of technologies and markets it serves involves working with most of the biggest and best semiconductor, consumer electronics, multimedia and App content developers and industry partners in the world. Our technologies feature in many of the world’s most exciting products, from the latest smartphones, tablets and media players to the future wireless home, connected multimedia-rich cars and much more.
The MIPS processor team develops Imagination’s industry-standard processor subsystems.
This team also develops the Codescape debugger environment, and all Linux and Android ports to MIPS.
This role focuses on the verification of sophisticated hardware designs that implement superscalar, multithreaded, multi-core processors. Future assignments may include a mix of design and verification tasks.
As part of the MIPS Processor Group you will be a key member of a small team responsible for architecting, designing and verifying innovative multiprocessor technologies used in many of Imagination’s products.
Working as a part of a team, you will have some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Supporting the definition and documentation of the verification methodology for a specific project or project components
- Specifying and documenting the verification testbench
- Owning and developing major verification blocks including: stimulus generators, monitors and checkers (scoreboards),
- Creating a testplan and generating tests and coverage code to support it
- Ensuring closure of the coverage metrics
- Developing scripts as needed to analyze results, check coverage and drive regressions
The successful candidate will have some of the following skills:
- Experience and understanding of HVLs such as System Verilog, VERA or “e”.
- Knowledge and experience with directed-random verification methodologies such as UVM/VMM/OVM.
- General knowledge of microprocessor system architecture.
- Experience with processor pipelines, caches, multi-threading and coherency protocols.
- Assembly language coding skills.
- General scripting skills with Perl or equivalent.
- Objected oriented coding skills.
- Knowledge and experience with HDL languages, RTL design and logic simulators.
- Prior experience with MIPS processors
The successful candidate will be :
- A Self-starter – able to work both alone and as part of a team
- A Good Communicator – able to express ideas clearly
- Friendly - gets on with all types of people
- Tenacious - determined not to let anything stop getting the job done
- Open - enjoys working in an informal environment
- Dedicated - willingness to work from time to time over extended hours in order to achieve goals set by immediate manager or demanded by business
- Have a passion for excellence and attention to detail
- A team player
This position requires the following qualifications:
- An MS/BSEE or equivalent
- Able to receive and/or access technology that may be controlled under U.S. or other export laws and regulations.
- Five or more years of verification experience using System Verilog.
- Three or more years of applicable experience in the verification of high performance microprocessor systems and/or cache designs