Imagine Employee Reviews in United States

wonderful owner,and great people
Operator (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNFebruary 1, 2016
arrive at 6:30 am reviewed schedule,then ran the jobs that needed to be done I would work until 6:30 pm. wonderful people and great benefits. the hardest part about the job was having too take down a job too run another one that became a bigger priority
This non-profit does wonderful work with developmentally disabled individuals and their families and is well respected in the community.
Administrative Assistant/File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, CONovember 28, 2015
The co-workers at this company are FABULOUS, caring, dedicated people that make a positive impact on the lives of everyone they touch.
Pros
Flexible time, able to wear blue jeans to work, casual atmosphere
Cons
Low salary
productive and fun work place with top notch equipment and amenities.
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 30, 2015
I teach 6a.m Fitness classes and the gym members that attend my classes have been very pleasant to teach and very loyal members.
Pros
Great clients and equipment.
Cons
there can be a lot of work place gossip.
Recreational Therapy
Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COFebruary 3, 2014
The idea of this organization was a great one. I was in charge of the activities in the department for children with disabilities. During the week, days would include an older clientele, again, with disabilities. It was a very humbling experience, you appreciate what you have in life. Management worked with her resources to keep her staff happy, staff worked well together. This environment did not inspire the team approach. I did not find my job challenging, so I moved on to a different career. The families were very appreciative for all that was done for them and their family.
Enjoyable and rewarding job, tight knit group of co-workers and management.
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMAugust 13, 2012
Working in and for the Silver City office was very fun and rewarding. The management there was absolutely wonderful. I had fantastic relationships with all of the staff and individuals. A typical day at work would start with discussing, planning and scheduling the activities for the shift with the individuals: Transporting the individuals to activities and outings; Supervising and directing staff and individuals throughout the shift. Preparing documentation, assisting with medication and preparing materials for the following shifts. The hardest part of my job was not being able to fully support the individuals emotionally when they needed it most, generally this was around the hollidays when then were missing their families which we could do nothing about and simply had to support and or distract the best we could. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing joy in the eyes of the individuals after a succesful outing or activity, to see improvement resulting from positive support or implimentation of a behavioral support plan. I learned more from these individuals than I could even begin to describe in writing, however in short I'll say they taught me to appreciate the small things. The job taught me that I'm capable of anything and can remain flexible in the face of adversity and stress.
Pros
life lessons
Cons
low wage, no benefits.
Valuable work experience
Sub-Contractor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 29, 2013
Training and technique of building ICF Homes
I learned Many trade skills, such as handling and using material, reading plans, communication.
Management is ok, still in early stages.
Few coworkers, but relatively good working environment.
Hardest part is always changing plans and locations.
Enjoyable part, Always learning something new and taking on exciting projects
I like working here,but we are very slow.
SUPERINTENDENT (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 24, 2012
My boss is the nicest man I have ever worked for. The only problem is he can not keep me busy.I need to work for a company that has jobs in other parts of the country.When you are at the mercy of a local economy you are not going to work as often.
Pros
enjoyable place to work, lots of interesting challenges.
Cons
lack of work.no benefits.
Life and times for contractual work for private company
Therapist (Contracted) (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 6, 2014
On a typical day at Imagine was awesome! I had the flexibilty of in-home, but with outpatient work. I especially loved that all the therapists were nurturing and kind, and there were no conflicts because we were all independetly contracted with the company. I learned more about clinical therapy than I learned in Graduate School; I was able to get some additional experience in diagnosing and billing practices.
Pros
flexibility, support, diverse clientele
Cons
pay was 40/60, and waiting for insurance to bill was two months behind.
Very Fun Workplace
Developmental Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDApril 3, 2015
I absolutely loved my job at imagine!The clients were great and so was the staff.I appreciated the time i spent working with them.
Group home
Primary Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COJuly 29, 2013
The group home where I worked was wonderful. The entire staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. The clients were an extended part of my family. I would say the hardest part of my job was when we lost a client, it was like losing a family member. The most enjoyable was just going into work and interacting with my clients and my co-workers.
Pros
being able to cook anything for all staff and clients
Cons
sometimes working short staffed but even that was not all that bad
Very fast paced environment
Learning Leader (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARDecember 10, 2012
Not alot of room for financial growth. You have to accumulate so much education and pass several exams to reach a pay increase. Also there are no cost of living increase. To advance within company someone has to lose their job or they have to create a job title to honor your past experience and knowledge.
Pros
great vacation time and holiday breaks
Cons
short breaks and you stand for hours
Great time, even if it only lasted a summer.
Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COApril 12, 2013
Working with the kids was fun, and getting to experience it was unforgettable. You would come in at 7-8:00am, and leave around 5-6:00pm, and you had a blast the entire time. The hardest part of the job was entertaining some of the kids who didn't want to do the activities. The most enjoyable part was getting greeted by the kids when they walked up, and they were happy to see you.
Pros
great experiance
Cons
long days, some kids can be very challenging.
Creative and fun place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYJuly 13, 2014
I have learned a lot about how small businesses run. The free reign of the visuals verses a large company with set floor plans. How to pick out products and what sells in our demographic. Its a wonderful and creative environment.
I loved this job!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COFebruary 9, 2013
My job was absolutely amazing I have no complaints for it!! I met new people.I did the one thing I love to do which is office work!
Pros
met new people every day, had the chance to change someones day
Review
Floor Lead/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston S.C, job is in AfghanistanAugust 4, 2012
Currently deployed in Afghanistan on a 1 year contract set to expire in October.Searching for long term stable job in South Carolina .This is a goverment contracting job .
Absolutely loved.
Owner Home Daycare Provider (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VANovember 7, 2013
It was definite a pleasurable experience to operate and manage my own daycare facility.