Do you thrive in an inspirational, creative environment where you hear children shout "Yay!!! I did it!"?
At Camp Imagineerz, we help children discover the power and magic of a positive, i-can attitude and help them learn problem solving strategies through play. The three main activities at camp include:
- Story Lab (creating and performing inspirational stories),
- Creativity Studio (building and making with recycled materials)
- Outdoor Fun (lots of play!!)
To learn more about Imagineerz:
- Website (www.imagineerz-learning.com )
- Newspaper Article (http://www.mv-voice.com/news/show_story.php?id=5804)
- Yelp Reviews (http://www.yelp.com/biz/imagineerz-learning-mountain-view-6)
- Pictures (www.facebook.com/imagineerz-learning )
Being a part of the Imagineerz team is an opportunity to make a difference in a child's life while having a blast! We are looking for candidates for senior as well as junior level positions. If you have an infectious positive attitude, a passion for any of the above activities and enjoy being silly and spontaneous, we want to hear from you!!
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with your room team to plan and co-instruct activities for the room
- Lead your group of 7-8 campers each week
- Communicate with parents to provide insight into their child's day/week
- Perform other camp-related duties as needed such as daily set up/clean up at camp, monitoring supplies, facilitating the end of week celebration, providing feedback on activities, etc.
- Positive "i-can" attitude with an enthusiastic and fun outlook
- Passion for working with children
- Ability to be silly and spontaneous
- High energy and solid engagement with campers all day, everyday
- Loves interacting with parents
- Responsible team player with an "i-care" mindset and strong work ethic
Education and Experience
- Passion for "maker" activities, theatre, and/or outdoor games and sports
- At least 6 months experience working with kids in a group setting
- Previous experience in an all day summer camp
- Availability to work for the full schedule of the camp from 7.45am to 4.45pm everyday
- Ability to work Extended Care 4.45 to 6.15 for 2-3 days per week
- Two mandatory training days (on a weekend before the start of camp)
- Two setup days (one day on the weekend before the first week of camp at each location)
- 1 post-camp day (in August)
Please submit a cover letter and resume. The cover letter should answer the following prompts:
- Being part of team that runs an amazing summer camp requires exceptional amounts of enthusiasm and energy all day every day. On a scale of 1-10, how would your past manager/supervisor rate your energy and attitude at the end of a hard-working day? Describe a situation where an employer complimented you on your enthusiasm.
- Describe the opportunities you have had to work with children. What do you enjoy most about working with children?