Imation Corporation

Imation Corporation Employee Reviews

Good job
Coater Operator (Former Employee), Weatherford, OKApril 11, 2013
Good job, great people. Learned a lot about natural gas transportation and line locating.
my favorite place to work
Quality System Operator (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 11, 2013
Super excellent management and co-workers I miss them a lot , Here I got a lot of experience running all kind of machines, winders,servo writers, testings, quality audits, etc .
Opportuntity for advancement, participated in Corporate Challange, family oriented.
Manufacturing Technician, Engineering (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: great company to work for. we became family.
Documentation and Packaging support for data cartridge manufacturing engineering. Enjoyed working with engineers and production support. As a Manufacturing Tech., interacted with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality and Shipping/Receiving.
See my comments below
Analytical Laboratory Lead Person (Former Employee), Oakdale, MNApril 2, 2012
Pros: great ira plans, market comparable benefits plans
Cons: job security
I worked for Imation from its creation in 1999 until 2011. The best part of working there was the people I worked with. Imation has gone through so many down-sizings that there is not one person working there that is not the best at what they do, and enjoy doing it. It's like working with the best of the best, with everyone doing everything they can to make it work.

The company itself had gone through several changes in direction, which has resulted in losing the bulk of its employee base. One problem that has come of this is the loss of historical knowledge. As people are let go, the knowledge of the job goes with them, leaving equipment behind that no one truely knows how to operate correctly. But as the focus is directed away from Mag Media R&D, maybe this is not even a problem any more.

I wish all who remain the best of luck in the future.