IMAX Corporation Employee Reviews

Sales Operations
Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 13, 2017
Manage accounts, assist buyers, manage reports, assisted with logistics, attended showrooms, managed meetings, downloaded photos of product for customer review.
Tanya threatened to fire me for being hit by a drunk driver
Theater Staff (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOAugust 30, 2017
I loved all of the supervisors at IMAX, but never really became chummy with Tanya. In my first two weeks, I was hit by a drunk driver after leaving a late night IMAX movie, ironically. I had to cancel a Christmas shift due to the excruciating pain and she said not coming in was grounds for termination. Maybe I was just on her bad side, I honestly don't know. But, the work isn't too hard and it's mostly high-school aged kids working there. Be prepared to stay past 1 AM to clean theaters.
Pros
Unlimited hours (within reason)
Cons
Long hours, I got home at 3AM one night and had to be there at 8AM that morning.
Official response from IMAX Corporation
September 18, 2017

As the Director, Talent Acquisition - this is not an IMAX employee. This individual is employed by the theatre.

An Atmosphere of Bullying
Supervisor of DMR (Former Employee) –  Playa Vista, CAAugust 28, 2017
My boss was an awful person and a terrible bully. He gave me absolutely no support and talked down to me all the time. When they hired me, they said they had created a supervisor position just for me. But I came to find out that the supervisor position already existed and was filled by someone else. My first official order was to demote that person, and then have them teach me their job. As you can imagine, it was an awful situation to be throw into! Easily the worst job I have ever had.
Pros
None.
Cons
Bullying
they rely on a rotation of unpaid interns, though it's illegal
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 28, 2017
I was an unpaid intern for this company in Los Angeles. It was fun, but I did not learn much. I did a lot of administrative work and marketing and received $0 for it. They act like they might hire you at the end of the internship, but won't. They keep the cycle of free labor flowing. In the state of California, this is actually a labor law violation. School credit is not considered to be sufficient compensation. If a company benefits from your services in any way - you are entitled to a minimum wage. I'm surprised a huge corporation does not know this or is willing to blatantly break the law. I met some nice people here, but overall I just feel used.
Pros
movie industry, nice people
Cons
tedious work, unappreciated effort, sqeeze all they can out of you
Amazing people in fun, productive environment; lacks advancement, however
Manager, Corporate Communications (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2017
Loved the people and the facility in a burgeoning new area! The overall company, however, lacked strong management with a general lack of advancement.
Productivity and excellent work-place
Executive Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2017
This corporation is an exciting but professional atmosphere and colleagues are always helpful to contribute.
Work as a team member or alone
Effective time-management skills
Pros
Free Coffee and Snacks all day
Cons
They did Not Hire me... Temporary assignment only
Great job to get introduced to the film industry
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 15, 2017
At the time of employment there was a divide between corporate and the subsidiary focused on Digital Cinema. Literally, corporate was upstairs while operations was downstairs.

I've heard that there has been a restructure since.
Pros
overtime was always available
Cons
little regard for work/life balance
good place to work and enjoy other peoples opinions
outbound inbound forklift/material handler (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 22, 2015
A typical day consisted of good morning to each person working there and doing my daily tasks everyday, I learned that everyone must get along with each other to have a very good productive day,the warehouse manager was one of the best managers i have worked under, most co-workers were polite and curtious, there was no very hard part of the job just do your job with safety and caution, being able to talk to and understand other workers needs for warehouse work to be done.
Pros
thanks giving dinner and sometimes a thank you dinner provided by the owners
Cons
being laid off.
picking packing
picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 5, 2015
easy work great bosses, I was pleased to work here. we just did picking and packing. easy work nothing complicated, the pay was good for what we did.
Pros
easy work
Cons
nothing
AWESOME brand and culture
General Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYJanuary 14, 2015
A well-run and unique brand built on an awesome story. Would work here again in a heartbeat,
Pros
Nothing else like it
Cons
N/a
nice work enviorment
Warehouse/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 18, 2014
unloaded containers quality control products put in racks ready to pull for orders label orders shrink wrap weigh load on containers
Pros
work always coming
Cons
company moved to california
Flexible, fun environment.
Showroom Manager - Dallas Market Center (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 25, 2014
There is flexibility in between markets. Relaxed, but professional environment.
Productive workplace
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 29, 2013
Answer phones
Greet guests
Schedule ongoing appointments and meetings for multiple conference rooms onsite
Distribute supplies to different departments
Receive and store stock items
Distribute mail
Compose office memos
Data entry
Copy, filing, faxing and running errands
Maintain records – floor plans (1st & 2nd floor), phone, employee, parking cards, keys, building cards (120 employees) and vendor lists
Budget Summary entry
Invoices: code, send and file
Assist in coordinating events for departments/company, and help find solutions and answer to routine inquires and problems.
Act as point person in managing high-profile events, as well as serving as a liaison to clients and vendors
Coordinate staffing requirement and equipment replacement needs
Productive and fun workplace
Director -Finance (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 11, 2012
Great group of people, able to collaborate across operating departments