IMC Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day of work would be calling customers both inbound and outbound to refinance there mortgage. Also entering personal information into computer and pulling there credit report. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I played an important role with the customer in decision making. Also knowing that I was helping the customer made me feel appreciated and that I was doing my job. The hardest part of the job would be the 12 hour shifts.
Pros
cash incentives, health benefits
Cons
short breaks
Imc
(Cashier) Airport (LMM) (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRDecember 29, 2015
while i was working in with the company IMC they provided me with the benefits of dental care double pay on my birthday still getting paid on my sick days,also Received up to 5! sick day
Pros
dental care medical insurance
Cons
under staffed
A great place to work, Every person had a job to do and we did it as a team. Every dept. was on the same page and had the same goal.
Master Scheduler/Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CADecember 16, 2015
IMC was such a wonderful company to work for, The atmosphere on a regular basis was that EVERY job and Every person was important to the quality of the product. Management was always looking for that next employee of the month who went above and beyond their duties and would acknowledge your hard work openly with all employees. The co-workers were all very intelligent and willing to help other departments when needed. The hardest part of the job was having new products phased in and obsolete products phasing out. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that we all were working together as a team to meet our customer requirements. Everyone worked very hard from the president down to the manufacturing area to keep our customers satisfied, It was a great feeling. .
Pros
We received bonuses when things were good, We also had great employee benifits.
Cons
We ran a very tight ship, so if a person took an unplanned day off, it could potentioally slow things down.
produtive and funworkplace that has a waterslide
install,metal sheetmetal i have run crew,s (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 16, 2015
imc is ok but i what some thing better or diferent just to move on and like every one there they are greatyou lear about makin metal thig reading print,s
Pros
the guy s are great
Cons
don, t have it quite to gether
Fun place to work at
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 4, 2015
In this job you have the opportunity to grow and become a professional in international auto parts distribution. Everyone is a team player and there is always something new to learn.
good place to work ,but close down
Operator (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLAugust 1, 2015
obtain awork at home job be couse of my disability,imc was agoob job but they close down, I was aplant operator thay maid acid. I ran payloaders,fork lift did laber work .
Is a secure work place
Concession Attendant I (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 5, 2015
In a typical day of work we always had lots of customers. I learned how to manage different types of customers, how to treat them so they can be satisfied with the service. My co-workers and I always had a good team job and enjoyed working together. The hardest thing in the job is that sometimes there was not enough co-workers to do the entire job for to many customers.
Pros
FREE LUNCH
Senior Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  northern VAJune 16, 2015
The pay was wonderful, the management was amazing, awesome benefits and the pay was above par. overall a great company, only down side is it's contract work.
Pros
everything
Cons
contract work
Great working place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYMay 21, 2015
The days always started off the same, I knew my assignment when i walked in the door and it was hard at first but as time continued my daily task became easier, my co- workers always supported me and helped me whenever i needed the help, there was never any real hard part of the day once i got used to it. Great work envionment..
Cook (Current Employee) –  Carolina, PRMarch 16, 2015
Good area for work, good team work, very fun and enjoy work here, excelent co-workers and manager, nice place to work. much thing to do every day
Pros
free luch
Cons
no healthcare
productive and a good place to grow
Warehouseman/ order puller (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAFebruary 17, 2015
pulling auto parts from the warehouse based on the need of the day. I learned time constraints and job quality. Management was supportive and resourceful. my coworkers were all team players. The hardest part of the job was having to relocate.
Pros
work hours and coworkers all help each other
Great Place to work
Accounts Receivable Customer Satisfaction (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CANovember 9, 2014
I fell in love with IMC the first day i started, however after working 60 miles away from home its time for a change...my typical day is making deposits of COD batches for 6 of 17 branches, applying the deposit, research of missing money from the routes or past due money found on the aging. i learned a new computer software system SAP and have become proficient. love all my co-workers!!
Pros
salary is comparable to other jobs
Cons
too far from my home
Productive and fast paced
Inventory Associate and Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syosset, NYOctober 1, 2014
Good people to work for. Starting my day off cycle counting, after I was done I would pull orders. When the drivers came in I would give them the route they needed for the day. Making sure all the orders go out on time. My co-workers were always helpful when it started to become busy. The hardest part of the day was getting the shipping orders ready before UPS and Fed-Ex were there to pick up the shipping.
Pros
having your own office.
Cons
no match on your 401
management suck
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne, PAJuly 28, 2014
no raise, no benifits, no nothing. They keep you under 40hrs now
The enviroment was absolutely Pro-client oriented. I loved it!
Senior Sales Executive/ Managing Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2014
In a typical workday:

Mornings I resolved client support issues. Typically, I would engage tech support resources from outside the company, Blooomberg, Reuters, Pershing, Dell, IBM, Cisco Systems, etc. Mornings involved pure problem solving with a high-touch client orientation.

Afternoons were typically spent talking to and meeting new prospective clients; either by video conference or face-to-face visits with clients in different parts of Latin America.

Evenings were spent managing existing clients relationships. Sometime this meant engaging in brain storming sessions with clients about future growth ... at other times, this meant attending a Charity Event hosted by my client's favorite charity. IMC's high-touch client focus implied on thing as central to the company's ethos: We work together, we live together.
Pros
challenging
Cons
who focuses on the contra positive? it's usually pointless.
The freedom of being your own boss.
IMAGE MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2014
I made the company. As a Wardrobe assistant I helped clients achieve their goal in changing the perception of how they are looked at by their appearance. It was challenging to say the least, but it was an adventure I would make again.
Pros
you make your own schedule
Cons
not consistant work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYNovember 18, 2013
IMC / NY Times Company is a easy place to work.
Ego's are left at the door. Working on your individual monthly goals but also working with your team to attain the overall team goal makes the each day go by faster.
A Productive fast ,work place
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAOctober 16, 2013
I Really enjoyed working at Imc in the early years, I have always
said I worked for my customer in the Morning and Imc in the
afternoon, I learned how to truly make a Customer happy.
And enjoyed doing so ...
The hardest part of the job was the day Traffic and trying to get to my Client as soon as possible.
A lot of good people to work with !
Pros
company truck
Cons
they were a family co, bought up by a corp.
I enjoyed being able to work with happy people.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 30, 2013
I enjoyed working with happy people. But, the management could have been better and the pay could've been better. I covered a lot of the building and it is not easy and more so tire some.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
being bought out!
wonderful place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CASeptember 11, 2013
this was a true family atmoshere everyone was very friendly
new employees always commented on the friendliness and caring
of management and fellow employees. It was a pleasure to come to work everyone helped each other.
Pros
free lunches for all holidays, birthday lunches by limo to balboa bay club.
Cons
no complaints