iMemories Employee Reviews

Bad management and False promises
Video admin (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 7, 2017
Do yourself a favor and apply somewhere else . The operational manager that runs the video department is horrible . He's such a bully, he's got zero management skills , and horrible when it comes to communication. They promise you advancement and job security ,but they would lay you off as soon as the busy season ends.
Pros
Pizza every once in a while
Cons
False incentive program, Bully manager, Poor pay
All around bad place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 2, 2017
Anti social coworkers

Management is awful

Obsession over the wrong things

Micro managing

Nit pick everything you do if they decide to single you out and not like you
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else
Bad management and poor pay
Video Admin (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 1, 2017
No matter how hard you work, you will not get promoted with this company unless you abandon your job and suck up to the manager, very poor pay, poor incentive program, disorganized job .
Pros
pizza every once in a while
Cons
Horrible management
Employees are disposable
Scene select editor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 7, 2017
My self and a few others were laid off with no warning. My time working at imemories was stressful. It was frowned upon to utilize your 2 10 minute breaks a day and/or your half-hour lunch break ( most people ate at their desk). No mater how hard you worked or how good your numbers were you were always given the impression that you should be doing more an that you were replaceable.
Misleading information of the job description
Admin (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2017
When I first started working at iMemories, I was promised job security and a full time position. I received neither of those things. I was also told I would be editing different film clips, however I was placed in the back where my job was to put different cassettes into their assigned boxes. Management was a joke . He did drugs with different associates of mine in the back and was more lenient with some, than others. There was no real leadership of organization. The hardest part of my job was making sure the numbers matched perfectly with their boxes, because if one number was off, it would take hours to find the box again. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with in the back. They were all so upbeat and made my experience more bearable.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Bad Management
Flexible
Admin/Ingest (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 25, 2017
Learned about a new market that helps modernize families old media and home video. Management communicated great and treated employees with great respect. Not a difficult position but there is room to grow pending on the longevity at the company. Relaxing workplace environment.
look elsewhere
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 24, 2017
boring/repetitive, bad pay, bad management, no advancement.

promote goons & fire good hard workers at the drop of a hat. robots & putzes only

lowered the pay grade system and doubled the minimum required productivity in the time I was there. literally more work for less money. these people do not care about you, your livelihood, your happiness, or even your sanity. enter at your own risk
Quick to get rid of you!
Order Entry (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 2, 2017
I really enjoyed this job. It's very repetitive, surrounded by very friendly helpful people. Unfortunately they are so quick to get rid of people for such minimal of reasons. During a short amount of time here I had already seen 3 people let go, and then myself. There were no warnings. They get rid of you on the spot and show you how replaceable you are. Also found out that I was being payed less than the people that came from temp agencies. Disappointing.
Pros
off early, friendly co-workers
Cons
show you your're replaceable, unfair
Fun Workplace
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 22, 2017
Great place to work. I will go back if I ever move back to Arizona. The employees AND management are wonderful people to come in and work along every day.
Cons
Was a good place to work
employee (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 23, 2016
It was good. The pay and benefits are decent, but if you looking for a long term career it's probably not the place you want to be. Very few promotions to lead or management positions and the wrong people seem to get promoted all the time. Very clicky and Management could care less about you, which is why there is a lot of turn over there.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
too many secrets, always in the dark on everything even at high levels within the company
Dead end job
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 18, 2015
Very low pay and very little room for advancement. Work is micromanaged. Workers are pushed to perform, but are not listened too. Most employees are struggling financially even when they have been there for years. Raises are promised and not given.
Pros
Great co-workers, good benefits
Cons
Low pay, no advancement
No real future.
Order Entry Clerk/ Photo Ingest (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 6, 2015
You start as a temp to hire. If your numbers are good and you show up to work they will hire you permanent as long as it's busy enough.
Once hired you receive a very generous 15 paid days off. You'll need it.
Working in the warehouse area you will be extremely busy. You are basically self managed by the need to meet expected goals/numbers.
Not impossible to get close to the goals, but it is at times more challenging due to numerous small orders.
Management has changed quite a bit in the last 6 to 12 months. It seems everyone is talking about the company being sold (while no one has come out and verified that rumor). There are fewer employees, less management, an incredible increase in incoming work and seemingly less enthusiasm overall from employees.
We just finished what had to be a record quarter. Without any acknowledgement or pat on the back. We used to receive donuts and pizza on a pretty good basis as a thank you, but that seems to have been cut as well.
There was a time about a year ago that they were doing quarterly employee reviews, but i haven't had one now for over a year.
Raises are few and far between. I have heard 2 people got one in the last year. 50 cents.
The hours are good. However they don't have any part time positions.
Overall there is a pretty regular turnover to mix with the long term employees that seem to be stuck or just holding on.
If you need a job now, take this one but don't stop looking for better. 10 bucks an hour.
Pros
Pto.
Cons
Monotonous work. Rare to find someone that talks or is excited to be there.
High turn over rate in most departments
Photo & Image Editor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AzMarch 31, 2015
They have had multiple turn overs since I began working for them. From HR to basic employees, all management, and owners in my time there. Which in turn has prevented raises, bonuses and other incentives to be distributed.
Not promising
Scene Select Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 4, 2014
Typical day at work is sitting down at a computer trying to meet goals seeing how many assets you can get done.
Help Customers with their photos
Photo technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale. AZMay 2, 2014
You make sure that the customer is always happy. You scan photos, collages, slide and negative into the computer. After you photo shop them and put their photos on the companies website. I learned to multitask 3-4 things at a time sometimes 5-6. management is nice and so are the co-workers. Hardest part is to getting used to the routine. after that everything becomes easy.
Pros
Full time and benefits
Cons
interfied with my school.
Horrible place to work
Warehouse / Order Entry (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 10, 2013
If you are not in the "clique" then you are just a number. The company does not care about you but the numbers. They expect you to move your entire life around the company and if you do not then you are on the chopping block.

Co-workers are non-responsive, mainly because you are expected to be a machine and not talk. Most people wear headphones so they cannot talk.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor compensation, Micromanagement
horrible supervisor
shipping and receiving (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, ArizonaOctober 28, 2013
My position was seasonal. I had a horrible supervisor. She was so disrespectful to me and others in her department. She called me an idiot on a daily basis. One heavy set young man that worked there she called him dump truck behind his back. She had other derogatory names for other employees as well. Her attitude was so negative that I dreaded going to work every day. When I was hired they told me I would be hired for one position yet they put me in another position.
Productive and fun workplace with inviting atmosphere.
Assistant to Audio Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 23, 2013
Overall, iMemories was an excellent working experience and gave me a great foundation to launch my career. The employees were always lighthearted and easy to talk to.
Pros
Very light atmosphere, laid back.
Cons
Was a long commute.
A day's work at iMemories felt very productive and rewarding.
Scene Select & Researcher (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 12, 2012
I worked as a Scene Selector and Researcher on 3rd Shift. My job was to select scenes from personal video recordings and designate them to specific chapters. If a captured video had an issue like tracking problems, I had to research the original tape and see if the issue was visible on the original tape. The management and co-workers made work an exceptional environment. We all helped each other out any way possible and became very close friends. The toughest part of the job was the expected quota. The amount of video one would be expected to complete in 8rs would sometimes feel over-whelming. Having to work so hard to get a good productivity score made the shift fly by though.