Imerys

Imerys Employer Reviews

Great Company
Human Resources Administrator (Contract Employee) (Current Employee), Lompoc, CAOctober 13, 2014
It's a wonderful location, great co-workers and management is tops!
Safety Oriented
Lab Tech (Former Employee), Deepstep, GASeptember 24, 2014
A typical day was always based on safety. Safety was very big with this company, they treated there workers well. Co-workers got along very well and I could tell that most of them where very good friends.
Good place to work.
Support Analyst II (Current Employee), Roswell, GAAugust 18, 2014
Imerys was an excellent company to work for especially if you like to be busy. The management is tough but very fair. I learned a lot about IFS and Microsoft AX administration. I also figured out an extremely useful method of deployment through self study which is encouraged at Imerys. I felt that I was a valued member of the team. The hardest part of the job was navigating elements of office politics. The most rewarding part of the job was the respect of your peers when you solved a difficult problem.
Excellent Manufacturing Company
ERP Order to Cash Analyst (Current Employee), Roswell, GAApril 9, 2014
Imery's is an excellent Company to work for. Great Management and even better employees.
Limited Support Environment
Plant Controller (Former Employee), Andersonville, GAApril 1, 2014
Pros: lots of work to do, new system implementation
Cons: limited support
There were no days during the course of my employment at IMERYS that were the same as it relates to a typical day. To clarify my role, I would have to say that I was more of a fireman or EMT. Constant emergencies, primarily due to lack of accountability and not adhering to the procedures.

The task I was assigned to do was to remedy the kind of environment that I described above. With a new accounting system, we were going to be able to track cost via the system, as opposed to paper and manual journal entries.

The difficulty was not being able to change the culture that was set on doing things the old way and refusing to change. This was the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part would have to be the people I was able to help and teach. Being able to help others with doing simple spreadsheets, formulas, tables, etc. that would say hours out of their week. Seeing the relief they felt was worth every difficult day I experienced.
Great co-workers and good job security
Ground Maintenance (Former Employee), Marble Hill, GAFebruary 27, 2014
Imerys, a minerals company out of France, has operations all over the world including north Georgia. My plant mined for marble rock and processed that rock into dust, used for thousands of applications. With this dust comes well...dust, everywhere. My job was to keep the machines that made all the different products clean and free of dust. An ongoing and dis-heartening struggle was my job. However, my co-workers and my supervisor made it a good place to work. There was always a need for my position and we made sure to fill it. Management could use more communication and oversight with employees, but all in all still a good company and a place I would recommend employment.
Productive workplace
Bulk bagger (Former Employee), Sandersville gaDecember 3, 2013
Pros: nice assistants
Cons: n/a
Reliable workplace great for benefits strong team behind you
Good, stable and fun company to work
Process/Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Andersonville, GANovember 28, 2013
Pros: leader in it's field, upward mobility
Cons: nothing
Large company with good remuneration and benefits. Learned process control/process discipline. Very customer-focused company. Good, knowledgeable co-workers, always there to help when needed,
Long hours, Saturday work mandatory but the excellent work environment made long hours go by.
Great work place with room for advancement!
Logistics and Distribution Lead (Current Employee), Roswell, GAOctober 14, 2013
A great company to grow with which is why I've been there for 16 years!
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Import-Export and Domestic Customer Support (Former Employee), Roswell, GAJune 24, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: na
Typical day at work: Safe and fun
What you learned: New system
Management: Very approachable
Your co-workers: Good people
the hardest part of the job: NA
the most enjoyable part of the job: Been part of it
If you're into office politics...
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2013
Pros: excellent health and benefits plans
Cons: lack of opportunities for advancement. non-competitive salary.
This is the right place for you. It's a typical office environment. The company is headquartered in France so many times there are international visitors. The majority of the staff are age 30 and up. Some people are very happy here, while others are disappointed by the lack of advancement. There is definitely job security.

About Imerys

Imerys knows the ins and outs of mining rare resources. The company extracts and processes┬áminerals into┬ávarious industrial materials – Read more

Imerys Photos