Imerys Employee Reviews

Judge thee well...the many faces of Imerys
Slacker (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 30, 2017
Lip service is great. If they ask your opinion, please know that their opinion is all they want to hear. "Can we get away with it" is a hardline motto within certain divisions.

My time was spent being ground into a pulp by a manager who did not want to take my advice, including ignoring all that was given by all his underlings. Upper management was only interested in the bottom line and protecting a core group of management level employees who were unable to deliver true results.
Pros
Great people on the floor
Cons
Horrible options above making questionable moves
Great workplace
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wrens, GAJune 18, 2017
This was a very challenging job however if you like a challenge you love to be motivated and you never want to have a dull moment this is the place for you
Office Services Leader (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJune 1, 2017
Productive Mineral Mining Corporation. Employees are offered fair pay and great benefits. Employees can advance in positions rather easily. Great place to work .
Good job if you are willing to bend your ethics for them
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Green River, WYDecember 30, 2016
I did the job of 4 different positions for 4 years, with no extra compensation, after I was told I had to send out of spec product to our customers and refused, they fired me. I am not upset about them firing me, i am disgusted that i wasted 10 years of my life on a job that i thought would be a career. They are all about the corporate guys and how thier pockets are. They are all alcoholics that hide all their crooked dealings under the facade of being a good company. If your a drunk and have no morals then this is the place for you.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Upper management and all thier bs lying and sneaking around and secrect society meetings..
Plant personnel are great. Corporate HR help their alcoholic friends to succeed at the expense of producers.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 6, 2016
Corporate human resources personnel are nepotistic and show favoritism to their drinking buddies. To succeed at corporate level, you may have to spend time charming with and boozing with corporate HR. Bonus points for being female.
great place
Front End Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Sandersville, GAJune 14, 2016
Everyone around here have worked together a long time. Great place to work with family. The only downside is working swing shift
great workplace
bulkloader (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALMay 9, 2016
great workplace with great co workers and bosses.
hardest part of job was the swing shifts.
most enjoyable part was learning new things.
Staff Accountant
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 4, 2016
IMERYS is a good job and I would recommend it to anyone that is starting a career in the accounting field. The people at this company are really nice they are very generous at month end.
Freindly environment, friendly colleagues, brthday cookies, deers in the parking lot
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAOctober 23, 2015
Fun colleagues, supportive management. Room for growth and improvement. Fantastic team work throughout company and caring towards the environment as well as the community. Able to participate in community services.
Pros
Birthday cookies, free breakfast or lunch at meetings, flexible work hours.
Cons
Old building, need to use mobile toilet often.
Multifaceted and exciting position
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bucksport, MEMay 11, 2015
Typical day was always changing. One day would be creating risk assessments and maintenance schedules the next would be experimenting with the grinding parameters to modify the final product. Management was always supportive, intelligent and easy to get along with. Everyone working with or over you was very intelligent and they all excelled at finding tangible solutions to the multitude of problems associated with a new plant design.
The hardest part of the job was creation of safety paperwork as it could be tedious. The most enjoyable part of the job was really everything else- operations, maintenance, experimentation, lab work ect. Really wish this position had not been cut short by the paper mill we were stationed at.
Pros
Different responsibilities, great management and benefits. Excellent environment to work in.
Cons
Pay schedule could be confusing and occasionally had mistakes
Great Company
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Andersonville, GAFebruary 23, 2015
I really enjoyed my time with Imerys. Currently work just has gotten slow so i must find another way to provide for my family.
Fun and easy going place to work at.
Utility Operator/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  sahuarita, AzFebruary 3, 2015
I learned how to operate most of the equipment i now know how to operate. The management is satisfactory but the HR department is too slow to fix any issues that come up. My co-workers were a blast to work with. There were never issues to comment on. The hardest part of working there is to try to move up the ladder.
Pros
Good workplace and friendly co-workers
Cons
Very little room for improvement . Always short handed
Good management but a lot of changes has been made.
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver/Inventory Team (Current Employee) –  Andersonville, GANovember 30, 2014
Generally it,s a good place to work but not like it was in the past.Management is still good get alone with co-workers well the most enjoyable part of the job is doing my job right.
Pros
Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinners, Christmas Bonus and Toneage Checks.
Cons
Insurance to high and poor 401k plan.
Great Company
Human Resources Administrator (Contract Employee) (Current Employee) –  Lompoc, CAOctober 13, 2014
It's a wonderful location, great co-workers and management is tops!
Safety Oriented
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Deepstep, GASeptember 24, 2014
A typical day was always based on safety. Safety was very big with this company, they treated there workers well. Co-workers got along very well and I could tell that most of them where very good friends.
Good place to work.
Support Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAAugust 18, 2014
Imerys was an excellent company to work for especially if you like to be busy. The management is tough but very fair. I learned a lot about IFS and Microsoft AX administration. I also figured out an extremely useful method of deployment through self study which is encouraged at Imerys. I felt that I was a valued member of the team. The hardest part of the job was navigating elements of office politics. The most rewarding part of the job was the respect of your peers when you solved a difficult problem.
Excellent Manufacturing Company
ERP Order to Cash Analyst (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAApril 9, 2014
Imery's is an excellent Company to work for. Great Management and even better employees.
Limited Support Environment
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Andersonville, GAApril 1, 2014
There were no days during the course of my employment at IMERYS that were the same as it relates to a typical day. To clarify my role, I would have to say that I was more of a fireman or EMT. Constant emergencies, primarily due to lack of accountability and not adhering to the procedures.

The task I was assigned to do was to remedy the kind of environment that I described above. With a new accounting system, we were going to be able to track cost via the system, as opposed to paper and manual journal entries.

The difficulty was not being able to change the culture that was set on doing things the old way and refusing to change. This was the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part would have to be the people I was able to help and teach. Being able to help others with doing simple spreadsheets, formulas, tables, etc. that would say hours out of their week. Seeing the relief they felt was worth every difficult day I experienced.
Pros
Lots of work to do, New System Implementation
Cons
Limited Support
Great co-workers and good job security
Ground Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Marble Hill, GAFebruary 27, 2014
Imerys, a minerals company out of France, has operations all over the world including north Georgia. My plant mined for marble rock and processed that rock into dust, used for thousands of applications. With this dust comes well...dust, everywhere. My job was to keep the machines that made all the different products clean and free of dust. An ongoing and dis-heartening struggle was my job. However, my co-workers and my supervisor made it a good place to work. There was always a need for my position and we made sure to fill it. Management could use more communication and oversight with employees, but all in all still a good company and a place I would recommend employment.
Productive workplace
Bulk bagger (Former Employee) –  Sandersville gaDecember 3, 2013
Reliable workplace great for benefits strong team behind you
Pros
Nice assistants
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Imerys. Our community is ready to answer.