IMI – A Global People Company

IMI – A Global People Company Employee Reviews

It's great company work for.
Conveyor Installer (Current Employee) –  Ontario, OHNovember 29, 2017
I enjoyed opportunities to learn something different to do the job. With hands on training with lead and supervisor. Willing to travel to other job sites.
Busy place to work
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 13, 2017
The money was worth all the hassle but the time off in between jobs is why i dislike it
I installed bolts screws and nails
Drive a forkliift a lift n learned alot of skills i didn't have
Pros
Extra hours
Cons
Buena muy buena quiero travajar para ustedes
Millwright (Former Employee) –  ArkansasOctober 11, 2017
Muy buen amviente de travajo y mi mayordomo muy buena jente
Pros
Son buenos
Cons
Ninguna
good overall experience
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHOctober 5, 2017
great company to work for with good management.. Because its a placement agency sometimes there are layoffs. They do try and get you back out to work as soon as possible
Pros
travel and perdiem
Cons
sometimes there are layoffs... no work
Very skillful.
Mechanical Conveyor Installer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 25, 2017
I only worked for IMI, on a temporary basis, only because I had found this job on the internet. I definitely did learn a new skill with mechanical conveyor installation setup. I was well paid for my labor and there were times I was paid overtime, which was perfect, but the job only lasts for while. Jobs do come and go from time to time.
Pros
Overtime.
Cons
Short breaks.
Conveyor Belt Installer (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJune 15, 2017
This company does not care about it's employees. The culture is ignorant and they hire people who they think they can mistreat and take advantage of. They would rather make people travel far away from their families than hire them closer. The recruiters are petty and job leads are petty and unprofessional. The company intentionally has elusive and predatory practices of hiring, firing and employment.
N/a
MILLWRIGHT/ CONVEYOR INSTALLER 11 (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 31, 2017
They only want to work you with no time off or barely would allow you to leave during a family emergency. there is little to no job training you have to learn every thing on your own, they only would provide power tools.
Pros
they would give you three breaks
Cons
no time off for family
Great company to work for!
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  KansasJanuary 24, 2017
I've been with IMI for almost a year. I love my position here within the company. As a site coordinator, you have multiple duties, which is what makes this job so interesting. You're not stuck behind a computer all day, fighting your sleep. I've learned a lot about conveyors and site management in the short time I've been here. Good thing is, you get to meet a lot of new people almost daily. It does help to learn a little Spanish. It'll only help you. The hardest part of my job is being away from home. You do get to go home on holidays and vacations, so I'm not complaining. There is opportunity to make a real good living if you're up to it. I have nothing bad to say about IMI. Every time I've needed anything from the office, those ladies always go out of their way to make sure you are take care of. I'd recommend any one that wants to travel and make a good living.. Not so much if you have small children, but it can still be done.
Pros
Pay, paid breaks, paid lunch, not just a number
Cons
Time away from home.
Great Place to work
Administrate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working at IMI Logistics, however the job security isnt as stable as i would like it to be. The basic duties and responsibilites I had with the company were to answer phones as well as work doing other administrative duties.
Conveyor installer
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 12, 2016
I've worked with IMI on an off Almost 4 years love working there's a variety of different positions there such an metal fabricating welding forklift operator an crane operator gradall operator scissor lift boom lift knuckle boom lift ( trained on all of these ) over all great experience for millwrights!
Pros
Travel
Cons
Never home
Poor choice
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent, WASeptember 18, 2016
I've made a bade choice to join this company. The money is good but verbal communication is bad. Nothing more to say but wow I've could of done better. I feel as if they need more support for the employees
Pros
Money
Cons
Breaks ect
Great company to work for if you enjoy travaling.
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 20, 2016
A typical day at work will consist of greeting all they guys on the job site and pursing on with daily and weekly timesheet/ labor logs. Working on site I learned a lot how material are installed and I find very interesting. Management team is very much hands on, I find very different from the last construction company I was with. Management is out in the warehouse with the guys helping them to figure out prints and install material when needed. Co-workers work as a team and see everyday they come to work ready to complete the task for that day.

I would say the hardest part of the job was being the only female on site but at the same time I enjoyed it all.
Pros
I had no certain time to take breaks or lunches and very flexable when it come to appointments.
Cons
Healthcare benefits were not great.
excellent company
Conveyer installer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 20, 2016
I would refer the company to anyone looking for a fast pace great paying job. We all work as a team installing conveyers. Management always available.
Pros
learning more as you go along
Cons
possible injuries
Multiple lies. Dont cre about ur about you money
Rack inataller (Former Employee) –  DenverAugust 10, 2015
I busted my but for two weeks and they still have only paid me for 2 days.... One of em was on a Saturday a day i dont even work!!!!! Please do no go they have cuased so many problems for me.
Terrible
Laborer (Former Employee) –  St. LouisJuly 7, 2015
It started out pretty easy just unloading material but then everyday after we just kept having to go back and re-do days worth of work and they weren't up to just about any OSHA standards. People were getting hurt or fired every other day and then they would bring in more people who didn't know what to do and then mangers or bosses in this case were always coming and going and when one returned it was "oh all this is wrong re-do it". Everyday for the last 2 weeks I was there was like that and I was only there for 3 weeks before people started getting laid off because lack of material since it was cut too short and no longer usable. So I would not recommend this job to anyone. Oh and everyone got laid off
Pros
1 hour paid lunch and 2 paid 15 minute breaks
Cons
Management had no clue what they were doing
Mechanic
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Chester, VaApril 5, 2014
My primary job functions were to assemble custom conveyor systems.
This summary is the best of my personal opinion.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Stockton, Ca and City of Industry Ca.February 21, 2013
This company has good job oportunities at exception they move all around the contry, and there are a lot competition betwen workers from others companies from same branch,very hard to stay into the job, requires a lot experience to sustain in this job to beat to others workers with more experience. This job is for somebody with less family responsabilities, those restrain the posibility to follow them werever the job site must be done.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
very hard to go around the country.
when you work in a warehouse inviroment every job mostly has been the same
Forklift Operator / Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2013
You work at a conveyor, you learn what they want you to do, get along with everybody, do your work and look foward to getting off.
Pros
nothing that i can remember
Cons
keep up the good work