IMI Material Handling Logistics

IMI Material Handling Logistics Employee Reviews

Great company to work for!
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  KansasJanuary 24, 2017
I've been with IMI for almost a year. I love my position here within the company. As a site coordinator, you have multiple duties, which is what makes this job so interesting. You're not stuck behind a computer all day, fighting your sleep. I've learned a lot about conveyors and site management in the short time I've been here. Good thing is, you get to meet a lot of new people almost daily. It does help to learn a little Spanish. It'll only help you. The hardest part of my job is being away from home. You do get to go home on holidays and vacations, so I'm not complaining. There is opportunity to make a real good living if you're up to it. I have nothing bad to say about IMI. Every time I've needed anything from the office, those ladies always go out of their way to make sure you are take care of. I'd recommend any one that wants to travel and make a good living.. Not so much if you have small children, but it can still be done.
Pros
Pay, paid breaks, paid lunch, not just a number
Cons
Time away from home.
Great Place to work
Administrate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working at IMI Logistics, however the job security isnt as stable as i would like it to be. The basic duties and responsibilites I had with the company were to answer phones as well as work doing other administrative duties.
Poor choice
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent, WASeptember 18, 2016
I've made a bade choice to join this company. The money is good but verbal communication is bad. Nothing more to say but wow I've could of done better. I feel as if they need more support for the employees
Pros
Money
Cons
Breaks ect
Great company to work for if you enjoy travaling.
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 20, 2016
A typical day at work will consist of greeting all they guys on the job site and pursing on with daily and weekly timesheet/ labor logs. Working on site I learned a lot how material are installed and I find very interesting. Management team is very much hands on, I find very different from the last construction company I was with. Management is out in the warehouse with the guys helping them to figure out prints and install material when needed. Co-workers work as a team and see everyday they come to work ready to complete the task for that day.

I would say the hardest part of the job was being the only female on site but at the same time I enjoyed it all.
Pros
I had no certain time to take breaks or lunches and very flexable when it come to appointments.
Cons
Healthcare benefits were not great.
excellent company
Conveyer installer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 20, 2016
I would refer the company to anyone looking for a fast pace great paying job. We all work as a team installing conveyers. Management always available.
Pros
learning more as you go along
Cons
possible injuries
Multiple lies. Dont cre about ur about you money
Rack inataller (Former Employee) –  DenverAugust 10, 2015
I busted my but for two weeks and they still have only paid me for 2 days.... One of em was on a Saturday a day i dont even work!!!!! Please do no go they have cuased so many problems for me.
Terrible
Laborer (Former Employee) –  St. LouisJuly 7, 2015
It started out pretty easy just unloading material but then everyday after we just kept having to go back and re-do days worth of work and they weren't up to just about any OSHA standards. People were getting hurt or fired every other day and then they would bring in more people who didn't know what to do and then mangers or bosses in this case were always coming and going and when one returned it was "oh all this is wrong re-do it". Everyday for the last 2 weeks I was there was like that and I was only there for 3 weeks before people started getting laid off because lack of material since it was cut too short and no longer usable. So I would not recommend this job to anyone. Oh and everyone got laid off
Pros
1 hour paid lunch and 2 paid 15 minute breaks
Cons
Management had no clue what they were doing
Mechanic
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Chester, VaApril 5, 2014
My primary job functions were to assemble custom conveyor systems.
This summary is the best of my personal opinion.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Stockton, Ca and City of Industry Ca.February 21, 2013
This company has good job oportunities at exception they move all around the contry, and there are a lot competition betwen workers from others companies from same branch,very hard to stay into the job, requires a lot experience to sustain in this job to beat to others workers with more experience. This job is for somebody with less family responsabilities, those restrain the posibility to follow them werever the job site must be done.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
very hard to go around the country.
when you work in a warehouse inviroment every job mostly has been the same
Forklift Operator / Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2013
You work at a conveyor, you learn what they want you to do, get along with everybody, do your work and look foward to getting off.
Pros
nothing that i can remember
Cons
keep up the good work