The Systems Engineering Manager is the local market technology and operations leader responsible for services delivery, data center operations, and sales support in the Greenville, SC market. The Systems Engineering Manager will work with other technical and engineering resources throughout the company to assure a high-level of Immedion services company-wide. In addition, the manager will be the company-wide subject matter expert, providing strategic and tactical leadership, in one or more technical areas. Similar titles for this position are Senior Systems Administrator or Director of Operations and Engineering.
- Assure the timely and accurate delivery of Immedion products and services sold in market.
- Work with company resources in assuring uncompromising customer support.
- Enforce and execute facility operations guidelines and policies including infrastructure and physical security management.
- Work with the local sales staff during the sales process in setting proper customer expectations and in the development of complex technical solutions.
- Proactively provide an technical presence for Immedion in the local technology community.
- Continually train the local team on Immedion products, services and operational guidelines.
- With local and company-wide resources, manage the 24x7 technical staff in the local delivery and support of Immedion services.
- Document local processes as necessary.
- Other as assigned by your manager.
Qualifications / Education
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering and 4 - 6 years experience or over 8 years experience in managing complex systems environments. Microsoft, RedHat, and/or VMware certification or commensurate experience required.
- Staff management experience required.
- Broad based experience in Microsoft, UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience in development of quality documentation.
- Excellent people and proactive communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail, making and keeping commitments and meeting deadlines.
Key Personal Characteristics
- Sense of urgency
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Aggressive, tenacious and resourcefulness
- Problem solver
Bachelor’s degree recommended.
Indeed - 20 months ago
Immedion is committed to surpassing customer expectations. Our engineers and support staff are highly dedicated and experienced...