iMobile Employee Reviews in United States

Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEApril 14, 2016
I have been working here for a little over a couple months and I have to say that this has been the best place I have ever worked my store manager is amazing, even when he's not around he is willing to help and answer questions if you call him, along with that everyone I work with has an amazing attitude and is always willing to help and make sure you understand how to do certain things and will help explain if you don't along with sharing some sales to help get your numbers up. I have had several jobs but with this one I have finally found a company that im glad to get up in the morning to go to, and that i like to represent. i saw some cons being numbers but if you have that right mind set then those numbers are just a challenge for you to excel in.
Pros
great manager/ team
Cons
non that i know of
Bad management. All they want to do Frauds
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2016
This company is all about frauds. I worked in this company as a store manager. They just want Gross profit. All they want you do just add new lines and customers accounts. And want per box. They want $40 dollar accessories . Every upgrade and new activation you do. They want you charge them. Its crazy. They asked customer for Money. Saying that its new york TAXES. And they don't give receipts. Its crazy. Just in simple words. All frauds. If you don't do frauds. You cant work
Meh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New YorkMarch 17, 2014
A typical day can consist of keeping busy selling all day or you can simply be sitting around on the computer while the store is dead. My coworkers and store manager were great but I often wondered how other store managers in our district got their jobs, being that they were totally incompetent.

The hardest part of the job was hitting an insane amount of sales goals and dealing with customers whom believed the world owes them something, but hey, that's part of any customer service based job.

It's not the worst job but benefits are non-existent for reps/techs and upper management is constantly breathing down everyone's necks. There's also no personal/sick days unless you switch with someone. They also start nearly every rep at $8/hour now when it used to be $10. Lastly, there is little room to move up anywhere worthwhile in the company.
Pros
discounted accessories, lots of down time, flexible schedule
Cons
company is poorly run, constant comission structure changes, little room for growth
A Job is a Job
sales rep (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJuly 14, 2015
You would start your day off by clock in and do a daily opening checklist. Now that is done your day begins as soon as that gate goes up at 10 am. The management was OK and the co-workers were all cool and down to earth. The hardest part of the work day was dealing with phone issues by triaging them all day and some irate customers.
Pros
commission
Cons
testy customers, monthly goals and reports
Overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated
Service and Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CANovember 8, 2012
Typical day at work; arrive. Quickly log in, and usually handle just about every customer that came to the window. If its slow, co workers would come to me for answers as if they couldn't retain the informational knowledge many times before. If no devices need to be worked on, finish up any filing of paperwork if it weren't completed the night before, assist in depot tracking and preparing shipments to go back to the warehouse. I'd read up on the latest information and updates released, abiding corporate policy always. Management was poor and very deceiving, got my hopes up to hopefully advance, later to be told the promotional position doesn't exist.. And I was only meant there for one solid reason, which led to me being discouraged and think less of the company I work for. My co workers were not at the same level of maturity as well as way of thinking in the type of job we were in, nor did they grasp the hint of what I suggested that I knew for a fact would have a positive outcome care to think about what I say be true. The hardest part of my job was for as hard as I worked and how much I meant to the customers, I was never recognized by the company for my efforts and how well I treated the customers. The best part about my job was how happy I was able to make my customers every time. The relationship building came natural for me, because I let the customers feel I knew the true value of customer service and strived to keep it that way.
Pros
good area surroundings to eat.
Cons
underpaid, no benefits, paycheck always looked funny when it came to ot.
Productive company with room for growth
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Nyack, NYApril 20, 2013
Typical work day included making sure the store was ready for business. Making sure promotions were displayed to drive traffic and increase revenue.
Pros
rooom for growth, independence
Cons
no benefits, did not maintain employment relations
Shady, Under-handed, Inconsistent Company
Sales Associate/Tech (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAFebruary 18, 2013
If you are going to decide to work for Sprint, save yourself the headache, and work directly for Sprint Corporate. I can't speak to how the pay will be different, but I can almost guarantee you that you will have a better employment experience. Working for iMobile, you never feel as though your job is secure or as though you are valuable to the company. You are expected to hit goals based off of metro area metrics while working in often low traffic suburban markets. On a store level, generally the work isn't awful. The store managers for the most part are easy to work with people, but once you get above them, things start to fall apart. The stores often tend to invent policies on the fly, often making up rules all by themselves. You are generally hired as a full time employee, working 40 hours a week, but you receive no benefits. They've finally removed them and updated the handbook. When I first was hired it was under the impression that I would be receiving paid time off as well as medical benefits.
Pros
decent store staff, competetive pay, flexible scheduling
Cons
shady business ethics, poor employee retention, no benefits
The Management is great but......
Retail Sales and Data Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 1, 2013
The priorities of the company are a little off, I think. But this company is still nice to work for.

I have learned more technical troubleshooting methods since I have worked at iMobile. The people are great most of the time. The hardest part of the job is reaching the accessory profit goal.
Pros
rewards
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
it was fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Revere, MAMay 29, 2015
i like working there , the manager was nice and the other employees were friendly and everyday was challenging and we had fun and it was motivating to make our goals
A Day at Work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IowaMay 4, 2015
Daily routine consists of delivering deposit, reporting it back to the higher reps, daily inventory scans, shipments and more. All while providing customer service and coaching employees under me on how to maximize their sales.
Pros
independent work
Cons
constant emails

Want to know more about iMobile?

Ask a question
Interesting
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYFebruary 19, 2014
In my opinion this company has the potential to be great and a
productive environment but the turnover rate in this organization is high.
Management is very unprofessional and shady so I can see why no employees last there.
not a good company
sales (Current Employee) –  moline, ilNovember 16, 2013
Treat like you are worthless. They dont listen to the employee. Needs or wants.
Cons
work you as much as they can. and pay was always wrong.
Always changing
District Manager (Current Employee) –  new york nyOctober 14, 2014
Small company that is growing and aggressive.
Visit locations daily throughout the tri state area.
bad
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2014
i would never tell anyone i know to work for them they don't like to pay for ot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iMobile. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7