iMobile

iMobile Employee Reviews

it was fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Revere, MAMay 29, 2015
i like working there , the manager was nice and the other employees were friendly and everyday was challenging and we had fun and it was motivating to make our goals
A Day at Work
Store Manager (Current Employee), Davenport, IowaMay 4, 2015
Pros: independent work
Cons: constant emails
Daily routine consists of delivering deposit, reporting it back to the higher reps, daily inventory scans, shipments and more. All while providing customer service and coaching employees under me on how to maximize their sales.
Always changing
District Manager (Current Employee), new york nyOctober 14, 2014
Small company that is growing and aggressive.
Visit locations daily throughout the tri state area.
bad
Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 13, 2014
i would never tell anyone i know to work for them they don't like to pay for ot
Meh
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New YorkMarch 17, 2014
Pros: discounted accessories, lots of down time, flexible schedule
Cons: company is poorly run, constant comission structure changes, little room for growth
A typical day can consist of keeping busy selling all day or you can simply be sitting around on the computer while the store is dead. My coworkers and store manager were great but I often wondered how other store managers in our district got their jobs, being that they were totally incompetent.

The hardest part of the job was hitting an insane amount of sales goals and dealing with customers whom believed the world owes them something, but hey, that's part of any customer service based job.

It's not the worst job but benefits are non-existent for reps/techs and upper management is constantly breathing down everyone's necks. There's also no personal/sick days unless you switch with someone. They also start nearly every rep at $8/hour now when it used to be $10. Lastly, there is little room to move up anywhere worthwhile in the company.
Interesting
Store Manager (Former Employee), Massapequa, NYFebruary 19, 2014
In my opinion this company has the potential to be great and a
productive environment but the turnover rate in this organization is high.
Management is very unprofessional and shady so I can see why no employees last there.
not a good company
sales (Current Employee), moline, ilNovember 16, 2013
Cons: work you as much as they can. and pay was always wrong.
Treat like you are worthless. They dont listen to the employee. Needs or wants.
The Management is great but......
Retail Sales and Data Consultant (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILSeptember 1, 2013
Pros: rewards
Cons: short breaks, no benefits
The priorities of the company are a little off, I think. But this company is still nice to work for.

I have learned more technical troubleshooting methods since I have worked at iMobile. The people are great most of the time. The hardest part of the job is reaching the accessory profit goal.
Productive and fun place.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Plainview, NYAugust 13, 2013
A typical day at work was very busy with the company growing, i learned everything from being the receptionist to the HR manager,the management & co workers became my family. The hardest part of my job was having to leave when we were downsized. The most enjoyable part was having a chance to learn and advance throughout the years.
Productive company with room for growth
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), West Nyack, NYApril 20, 2013
Pros: rooom for growth, independence
Cons: no benefits, did not maintain employment relations
Typical work day included making sure the store was ready for business. Making sure promotions were displayed to drive traffic and increase revenue.
Shady, Under-handed, Inconsistent Company
Sales Associate/Tech (Former Employee), Easton, PAFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: decent store staff, competetive pay, flexible scheduling
Cons: shady business ethics, poor employee retention, no benefits
If you are going to decide to work for Sprint, save yourself the headache, and work directly for Sprint Corporate. I can't speak to how the pay will be different, but I can almost guarantee you that you will have a better employment experience. Working for iMobile, you never feel as though your job is secure or as though you are valuable to the company. You are expected to hit goals based off of metro area metrics while working in often low traffic suburban markets. On a store level, generally the work isn't awful. The store managers for the most part are easy to work with people, but once you get above them, things start to fall apart. The stores often tend to invent policies on the fly, often making up rules all by themselves. You are generally hired as a full time employee, working 40 hours a week, but you receive no benefits. They've finally removed them and updated the handbook. When I first was hired it was under the impression that I would be receiving paid time off as well as medical benefits.
Overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated
Service and Repair Technician (Current Employee), Santa Maria, CANovember 8, 2012
Pros: good area surroundings to eat.
Cons: underpaid, no benefits, paycheck always looked funny when it came to ot.
Typical day at work; arrive. Quickly log in, and usually handle just about every customer that came to the window. If its slow, co workers would come to me for answers as if they couldn't retain the informational knowledge many times before. If no devices need to be worked on, finish up any filing of paperwork if it weren't completed the night before, assist in depot tracking and preparing shipments to go back to the warehouse. I'd read up on the latest information and updates released, abiding corporate policy always. Management was poor and very deceiving, got my hopes up to hopefully advance, later to be told the promotional position doesn't exist.. And I was only meant there for one solid reason, which led to me being discouraged and think less of the company I work for. My co workers were not at the same level of maturity as well as way of thinking in the type of job we were in, nor did they grasp the hint of what I suggested that I knew for a fact would have a positive outcome care to think about what I say be true. The hardest part of my job was for as hard as I worked and how much I meant to the customers, I was never recognized by the company for my efforts and how well I treated the customers. The best part about my job was how happy I was able to make my customers every time. The relationship building came natural for me, because I let the customers feel I knew the true value of customer service and strived to keep it that way.

About iMobile

iMobile is a Sprint Preferred Retailer committed to providing superior customer service. iMobile has store locations across NY, – Read more

iMobile Salaries