Impax Laboratories Employee Reviews

what I learned, day to day, enjoyable parts
Laboratory Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Middlesex, NJJuly 17, 2017
Was a rewarding job learned new things outside of doing purchasing, while working with chemists. I enjoyed working with different types of people in different departments. Day to day was monitoring systems, coordinating repairs, purchasing handling samples.
Pros
Free to work on my own with little to no supervision.
Cons
Was laid off
great company
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Middlesex, NJJuly 13, 2017
nice environment, with great people to work with. supervisor, line leaders, and everyone was cooperative with each other. you will go to work and not complain about the day. it is literally one of the best jobs ive worked. i
The most enjoyable part of the job
Manager QA, External Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJune 28, 2017
Working with multiple facets of the organization (internal and external - Contact packaging and manufacturing organizations) to produce the epinephrine auto-injector.
Great work Place
Sr. scientist, Analytical R & D (Former Employee) –  Middlesex, NJMay 23, 2017
Nice working environment , maintain good quality of work. Strong learning and training. Stronger team work. Manage timelines with good enjoyable moments.
Nice and enjoyable workplace
Research Scientist III, Analytical R & D (Current Employee) –  Middlesex, NJMay 23, 2017
Nice work environment, good learning and training skill. Strong team work. Manage timelines. Good benefits. Quality work. Enjoyable moments with coworkers,
Pros
Chrismas Party
Okay place to work if you like repetative work.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 18, 2017
Made medicine from raw material, using heavy machines and industrial size mixers and ovens. During my start the company went from regular 8hr shifts to mandatory 12hr 3 day shifts
Chaotic and Stressful Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 15, 2017
Impax is a very quick-paced, chaotic, and stressful place to work. Being a primarily generics drug company, priorities are constantly changing. Company is in financial trouble due to decisions from previous CEO and his regime.

New CEO is well-known to raise stock price but constant rounds of layoffs and cost-cutting measures. Lots of consolidation and re-organization starting and will likely continue through 2019.

Only positives for working at Impax are the benefits package and extremely generous paid time off (PTO) policy.
Pros
benefits and PTO policy
Cons
long work hours, responsibilities/expectations, changing priorities
Overall good experience
Research Scientist II (Current Employee) –  Middlesex, NJMay 11, 2017
Good personal life/ work balance
Workplace culture is quiet open to your ideas
Team work is the strength
Being a public company sometime it has to take some tough decisions but management is very helpful
Great learning enviroment
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Middlesex, NJApril 24, 2017
I had a great experience and advanced quickly while employed at Core. Unfortunatley the workload and projects slowly became completed and the Engineering team was slowly laid off.
Pros
Fast Paced - Clean
Cons
Management always changing
fun place
MANAGER MANUFACTURING (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 12, 2017
It was fun to work at Impax. There were lots of good people work, hardworking, dedicated people worked at Impax. There were lots of learning opportunity and advancement position and opportunity with a best team of people support each other.
Terrible Organization
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Building 2April 10, 2017
Everything about the company is unorganized. You are expected to work constant overtime with no regard to your personal life. Management will make you feel bad about not being able to work overtime. Some technicians have worked there for 10 years and never been promoted. Stay Away
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
Everything else
Growing Company
Manager, Quality (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 2, 2017
This is a company going through growing pains as it is becoming more streamlined. Management has turned over a few times finally finding a footing that will work. The best part of the day is working with the people, balanced with the challenges of changing manufacturing priorities.
Great Company to work for
Senior Controlled Substance Specialist / Security (Former Employee) –  Middlesex, NJMarch 21, 2017
A typical day is managing your work own work load.
Every day is a learning process.
The management group are great to work for.
The workplace culture are very diverse and very respectful of each other and company's properties.
The hardest part is trying to complete every assignment in an 8 hour period.
The most enjoyable part of the job is, everyone work together as team to execute their job in a timely manner.
Pros
Plan a head of time.
Cons
Work will be completed in a timely manner
Wonderful people in my work force. Like family
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 18, 2017
I built a team at the three sites I had in Philadelphia. Most of my employees stayed loyal, some for 20 years with me. We were family. We had our ups and downs, but we had one focus. Perfect quality product.
Pros
Team work
Cons
New CEO decided to restructure. Big mistake
intense
Quality Control Chemist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 7, 2017
working at impax is very challenging in that although you may be assigned projects weekly, they may change due to sudden demands for analysts. i have learned to be excellent in my own experiments and projects, as well as good manufacturing practices and good lab notebook keeping.
Pros
yearly company parties
Cons
poor management
Fun place to work at
QC Chemist II (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 3, 2016
Impax is a great place to get initial experience but there is no room for advancement. Cross training is very efficient, management is a little biased. Team work is appreciated.
challenging and productive place to work
Manufacturing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 2, 2016
I worked day shift. it was a challenging position but productive. I worked hard. I learned how to manage my time, how to process the product w/ careful following the protocol of the company. The management was fine. Me and my co workers worked as a team. I had a good experience working at Impax.
productive fun workplace
Production Tech II (Former Employee) –  Middlesex, NJOctober 10, 2016
A day would consist of being on time. meaning readying to work at your allotted time. Inquiring your duties for the work day from your supervisor.. execute such.. proof read your responsibilities before submission of completion..
I what I Learned is that I am qualified for management or an supervisor position.
Management performed their duties as expected
Co-workers were the most pleasant facet of the employment
Hardest requirement of the employment is the occasional Heavy Lifting
Most enjoyable part: Completing task asked to complete
overall good company
Specialty Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 27, 2016
Small pharmaceutical company. Goals are unrealistic but company usually responds to the needs of the sales force. The reps are spending more and more time away from selling and more time doing administrative tasks to check the boxes. A lot of good ideas are rolled out but too many to get a solid handle on any in particular. A lot of mixed messages are handed down from the top and reps are not given the time to fully grasp any one strategy in particular. With more time, and more stable direction this company will become a force to be reckoned with.
Nice place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 30, 2016
All in all it was a great company. Just expect to be pushed hard to both achieve the concepts and excel at your contract. Help is needed if you desiire but expect them to make your situation seem like a walk in the park. If you work hard, they will pay good. If you wimp out, don't expect much.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Expensive area to live