IMPAX LABORATORIES Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 30, 2016
All in all it was a great company. Just expect to be pushed hard to both achieve the concepts and excel at your contract. Help is needed if you desiire but expect them to make your situation seem like a walk in the park. If you work hard, they will pay good. If you wimp out, don't expect much.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Expensive area to live
decent paying job with limited teamwork
QC Chemist (Former Employee) –  Middlesex, NJFebruary 7, 2016
The general culture of the company is great but the laboratory culture
is not inclusive of everyone and is regimented. For example, there are no weekly or monthly QC lab meetings so it is difficult to keep abreast of pending work or projects or to voice concerns or issues to the team. The work is issued by team leaders that are in charge of a given lab and issues are discussed with them and then with the QC manager. Even most minor instrumental issues must be discussed with management and then corrected by nonlaboratory personnel. The calibration staff are themselves limited in what they are allowed to fix or calibrate of the instruments.
Pros
Extensive training, many types of equipment
Cons
short lunch, limited crosstraining, advancement difficult
it is a very vast company with bright future,
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Hayward Park, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Impax is a good company. It has very good good forecast.It has so many new products in the pipeline. It has very versatile working culture.
Pros
very good forecast
Cons
uncertain job security
An Educational Experience
R&D and Product Development Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 6, 2015
I interned there for 2 summers during college, and it was a pleasure working there. They spent the time needed to teach me what I needed to know and allowed me a degree of flexibility and freedom, even though I was pretty new to the pharmaceutical field.
Company Expansion, lots of opportunity
Pharmaceutical Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middlesex, NJSeptember 7, 2015
Impax is a company that is expanding and investing in their processes, equipment, manufacturing sites, etc. Room for growth within the company and lots of opportunity to gain job experience quickly while working with seasoned professionals. The company culture is great and well respected.
enjoyable to work with compression press.
Set up mechanic II / MFG tech III (Former Employee) –  Hayward CAAugust 27, 2015
work Monday to Friday with some overtime. I have learned what is cGMP, SOP and MBR. Co-works are smart and happy to with them.
They Shut it down and didnt care
N/A (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 22, 2015
If you were a regular employee. Impax was a great Job it had great pay and benefits. management was good but the way they go about handling business and communicating is horrible.
Pros
good company
Cons
Kept temp employees hanging in the wind
Great place to start if you're trying to get into the Pharmaceutical Industry
Team member (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 4, 2015
At the time when I worked at Impax, I realized that the place wasn't where I wanted to stay for the rest of my life. I learned to work hard and to work with different individuals. The problem with Impax is that I felt they didn't care about their employees, only about getting things done. Management isn't the best, but the people I worked with were great people.
Pros
people
Cons
management
Poor performance consistently rewarded
Analyst (Current Employee) –  ChalfontJanuary 22, 2015
Poor management known across departments and up through management is not addressed. This management is within business teams and HR. Consistent recognition of poor performance and lack of recognition of strong performance is common.

Not a good time to join the company. Wait for merger and reorganization changes to settle and see if it is a better environment for employees.
Excellent place to work for
Pharmaceutical Technician (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 26, 2014
Knows the work and exceeds in performance, Get along with everyone. Help everyone as needed.

Want to know more about IMPAX LABORATORIES?

Ask a question
A good company to gain experience and room for advancement
Manufacturing Lead (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 8, 2014
A typical day at work consits of leading the Coating department to complete job tasks efficiently within standard production times, and minimizing production and documentation errors.
Managing staffing within Coating department to meet daily scheduling needs.
ŸCreatively engage team members through meetings and training to be accountable and produce high quality work.
ŸRoutinely communicate with my team to instill good work ethic and teamwork.
Complying in a cGMP environment. Operating, cleaning, assembly/disassembly of equipment. Documenting data, data entry, auditing paperwork, troubleshooting equipment, following standard operating procedures.

I've gained experience in active listening, resloving grievences, and handling complaints. I've learned how to be adaptable, multi-task efficiently while still producing quaility work.

Worked with a supportive management team that encouraged growth.

It is very enjoyable to work with my co-workers. Every team member brings something different to the team, while each having their own strengths. This in turn created a very diverse team dynamic, which I believe helps to maintain a successful team.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to control things I have no control over. ie; equipment problems, raw material issues that created scheduling delays.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a team environment.
Impax Laboratories
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 3, 2014
There are many opportunities in this growing company, the offer good benefits and I loved the people I worked with dearly.
manual job
Q.A. Technician II (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 1, 2013
Performs quality assurance activities (in process testing, AQL Attribute inspection, approving processing rooms, GMP inspection, raw materials/component sampling, and
file maintenance).
Reviews/audits all data obtained during assurance activities to ensure consistency
with company GMP related policies and procedures (completed batch
records, in- process tests results, AQL Attribute inspection, etc.) and SOP’s.
Analyzing and troubleshooting problems.
Identifying solutions, recommending methods and/or techniques for resolution.
Productive environment and friendly atmosphere
Technician (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAAugust 19, 2013
While employed with Impax I've developed skills that I'm able to utilize in future employment and endeavors. I'm very thankful for the growth,skills and relationships I was able to develop. This is a company that I would definitely recommend to anyone seeking employment.
Good company, oral dose pharma experts.
Director of Security (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 18, 2013
Good company. Provided many opportunities for personal and professional growth. Good staff and co-workers.
A lot of potential at Impax. The company needs to be proactive.
Manufacturing Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 19, 2013
Daily audits, root cause analysis, CAPA development, deviation investigations, Trackwise, change control.

I learned a lot while at Impax and the people are great to work with. The hardest part was getting new management to understand not to repeat the same mistakes from the past. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the flexibility allowed me due to my long commute.
Pros
stocks and benefits package
Cons
high turnover in management
Productive Packaging Operator
Package Operator II (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2013
A typical day is getting to work and seeing what your co- workers is having for lunch.
How to utilizes your good manufacturing practices. How to understand instructions and communicate effectively.
Management is effective good management.
We treat each person as you would like to be treated.
Making shore that every body is on the same page.
Incentives meeting standards or making higher than the company's standards.
Pros
everyone works well as a team.
Cons
not enough overtime
A place for learning, a stepping stone for newly graduates
Manufacturing Technician III (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 3, 2013
Company will give you all the opportunities to learn and operate machines, how to perform tasks as per SOP. Technicians were really trained hard and by this they won't find it difficult to work with other companies.
Hard Labor
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 18, 2013
Long hours of hard labor and no benefit. Unmotivating management.
Make a good quality product at low cost and on time
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 12, 2012
My co-workers were the best friends I have ever had. I learned about GMP and SOP's. I enjoyed trouble shooting problems to keep production going. Training new hires was some of the best times I had.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IMPAX LABORATORIES. Our community is ready to answer.