Imperial Distributors Employee Reviews

Its a fun,fast moving, productive workplace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJNovember 2, 2016
I had fun and working there makes my day go by so fast because you are around nothing but good motivated people just like yourself my experience there was nothing short of great
Pros
Overtime, kept me out of trouble, good staff
Cons
Temporary, short breaks, to early
They regards us and were appreciated it the good work that you do
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAAugust 4, 2016
My main job was to packed everything and place it all together so the trucks could deliver the boxes that we prepared .I as a line leader was in charge that my coworkers could pack and label more than 100 per hour .
Pros
every week a reward
Cons
inventory
Great family company
Loss Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MA 01501October 27, 2016
very good management team, as well as the team members. good benefits, good schedules , fun to work, great pay, fifteen min brake, half hour lunch.
Not a good workplace
Receiving Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 16, 2016
Very bad management. No set work routine. Terrible feedback for employees. Managers just spend all day up in the office. Do not work there!!
Pros
Overtime possible
Cons
EVERYTHING
Fun Place To Work
Warehouse Selector (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAFebruary 27, 2016
good environment fun place to work decent hours and pay overall one of my best jobs learned a lot about working in a warehouse
I learned much regarding product promotion and marketing
Sales and service representative . (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MA/CT rep.August 10, 2015
Work day is very busy with much responsibility to maintain inventory and promote extensive product line which includes upwards of 30k products.. Daily maintenance of product is extensive with much work regarding distribution and inventory control. Tie in product placement is crucial and ever changing according to weekly store promotions. The end goal is to work closely with store management , file maintenance and department heads to properly promote each product line. This is a trusted position by the employer as one is mostly working independent of supervision..
Pros
trust from employer to maintain account
productive, fun, and fast past enviorment
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAFebruary 25, 2015
Coming into work in the morning was always a joy. Greeted by everyone in such a wonderful way!
Getting started was a little difficult for me because I couldn't always find my manager and get my tasks for the day right away like I would have liked.
I learned to have great communication and computer skills, and what it would be like to work in that kind of environment.
Murchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Various locationsAugust 29, 2015
Difficult people in management. Heartless and ruthless. While suffering through prostate cancer I was given an "unsatisfactory" rating and reduced to part time which ended my health insurance coverage.
long hours working on your feet
shipping dep (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAAugust 30, 2013
working at imperial wasn't fun or enjoyable. I worked in the shipping department and it was very demanding. it was a non stop going job standing on your feet on a concert floor. you had to work at a fast pace in order to complete all the orders. management wasn't that great they didn't know how to respect people. the hardest part of the job was standing up on that floor my feet and back would hurt extremely bad after.
Pros
money
Cons
not a clean place
Productive and fun workplace
Receiver/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MANovember 23, 2014
When I go into work, I first check all appointments for the day to see if it makes sense with how many people we have receiving for the day. Other co-workers that are coming in talk for a few minutes while management plans the day. People are then given their assignments for the day and everyone goes to work. Management at this company is very friendly and remembers everyone by name. The most enjoyable part of this job are the other co-workers. Everyone is very friendly and easy to work with. The hardest part of this job is when we are in season(Christmas and Summer). For some reason, everything does not balance out in these months. What I learned from my experience with this company is team building and networking with other employees as a leader in the company
Pros
Great work atmosphere, people, and fun to work at
Cons
Low compensation
Great personal company
Retail Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  syracuse, newyorkAugust 17, 2014
A typical day would entail working with one of my reps or going out and auditing stores. I have a pretty large territory. The people I work with and the people I deal are very nice and helpful. I enjoy being around people and helping out when I need to.
Pros
travel, meeting people
Cons
driving to far away places
Great company to work for.
Sales Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte and sorrounding areasApril 25, 2014
Carried out job responsibilities independently for various locations depending on job load.
Worked closely with store management and store employees to secure customer supply and demand.
Good Company
Merchandising Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAApril 30, 2014
Alot of traveling. Flexable hours.Good rate of pay.Expense reimbursement a plus.Full time benefits great.
Pros
The flexibility to work your way.
Cons
alot of driving time.
Stressfull at times, not much help with training
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Shore, MaJanuary 15, 2014
Not a bad job overall, way too much emphasis on small details, not much help with additional traing when needed
Team work,fun working environment,production and distribution.
Shipper (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MAJanuary 24, 2013
Team work,fun working environment,production and distribution.
Typed
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAJuly 4, 2012
You have to be liked by the small core of senior managment in order to succeed here.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAJuly 29, 2013
Good cash handling experience-managers flexible with school schedules
Run away !!
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAMay 8, 2015
this had to be the Worst experience in my entire working career. For a company that has been in the business of customer service for many years they have no idea what real customer service is. When I was hired I was told there would be more time in the accounts and less time on the road. I found out the first week that driving two plus hours at the beginning and at the end of the day would be typical, that it was not considered part of the day and that I would not be paid for it. There was mileage reimbursement but very low and the rate changed weekly, and if you figured the wrong amount, getting paid took weeks. order delivery amounts were typically changed without notice so you'd drive 2 hours to get to an account only to find the order was not there, plus you'd get scheduled to go to an account only to find the delivery day had been changed and there would be no product to fill the shelves. Customers would regularly complain and I had no good news to share with them. Product would not "be authorized" for one account but would be for another. Constant out of stocks for key items resulting in losses in sales for any given account. Promises made but constantly broken yet they claim to be in the business of customer service. Salary pay but was told that when your 40 hours were up, just leave the product in the back room that you hadn't worked and leave it until the next scheduled visit. WHAT ? ? ? If you are even considering a position with this company I would advise you to choose McDonalds or Wendys first.... I could not handle being expected to work 12-16 hours a day with  more... constantly disappointed customers that deserved much better.  less
Pros
I dont work there any longer
Cons
I worked for them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Imperial Distributors. Our community is ready to answer.

Imperial Distributors Reviews by Location