Imperial Security Employee Reviews

Okay Company....Could be better
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2017
Imperial is an okay company to work for, however this company offers little to no advancement opportunities and the pay sucks. Raises are given too far and in between....if you get a raise that is. You have to have a car to work for this company because the contracts obtained for security locations are not really public transportation accessible. The manager will usually work with you on scheduling as long as you keep him posted and getting paid every week isn't that bad.
Average Security Company Dont Expect Much
Security Guard Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 23, 2017
I would consider this your average security company. Pay is not great, hours vary and all you do is sit in your car or at a front desk and do your rounds of the facilities. Never met the management team.
Pros
Work alone and peaceful
Cons
Pay, Hours, Benefits, Uniform
Its ok
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 15, 2016
Its a cool job if your looking for a job that's temporary. I was there for a year and some months. The employees are cool and some staff but overall its hard to move up in the company and the uniforms are not weather proof and cheaply made tbh.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
no benifits no raises barely.
The worst job ever !!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 26, 2016
Love the owner of the company sandy, she's great but more than likely she won't be there and anything is possible when she's not there. Want advancement ? You have to be willing to flirt with management. Management is rude and unorganized. Management will talk to you any type of was so prepare for that to happen, your check will probably bounce, and more than likely they will either send you home because there are already too many workers or make you come in when you don't have to work and won't be giving compensation for your travel time. If you can help it don't waste your time.
Pros
Flirting with management gets you more hours.
dead end job,have to work 7 days a week just to pay bills
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 31, 2016
have you driving long distance does not pay enough.they would send you to a post for only two or three hours,but drive could be 40 0r 45 minuites away,does not hardly pay for your gas.
Pros
no paid holidays, just regular pay
Cons
medical benefits to expensive, not good coverage
No advancement, no concern for family or medicalminsurance
Commissioned Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2016
No work/life balance. They cut your hours and sent non-com for com post. No set policies, no team meetings, no good benefits, management is not professional.
Pros
paid every week
Cons
everything else
its just the long hours
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 28, 2016
I liked working for Imperial Security it was just the long hours and 12 hours a night will get to you. I liked working those long hours it was just i had a hard time staying awake during my shift.
Pros
eat lunch when you wanted to, also got to take breaks whenever you wanted to, and the pay was good
Cons
Would be a better company if they treated employees like humans.
Unarmed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 15, 2016
I really enjoy my job dutiesand peers at Imperial. I dislike the low pay, no benefits, and slim to non chance for growth. The bright side of everything is that by working through Imperial, I was fortunate enough to be placed at a post where I gained some really valuable skills and a whole lot of patience.
My opinions on the job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2016
A typical day at work working for Imperial was normally vey laid back. There was rarely any drama or commotion. Some things I've learned working there were to watch my surrounding and certain activities very close and to be very detailed oriented. Most of my co-workers were very cool went we came face to face. I rarely seen any of my co-workers because everyone works alone and the shifts are very spaced out so you done see one another when your getting off or coming to work and the management wasn't too good, there was a lack of communicate but besides that the job was pretty easy and fun.
Fun and Productive enviorments
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 19, 2017
I would recommend this company to any upcoming guards. Not every company pays weekly. So that's always a plus! I started back in 2014, my loyalty was tested but after I received wonderful desk job. I loved my post and leading officer. He went above and beyond for us. And we appreciated that! I would work under him any day. And would do business with this company as well. Imperial is best so far!
Pros
Transportation provided, if neeeded. Advance pay loans. Promotion.b
Cons
Tight schedule.
Good Entry level Job with room for advancement
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 29, 2016
All in all a O.K. job, Great for getting your guard card in texas. My day would start by showing up at work and getting my assignment ( typacly your not at the same post 2 days in a row). Personally becuase i was taught the truckyard on south building and i learned it pretty quick they would move me from truckyard to truckyard (we had 3 at my location). It was a very professional enviroment. Also it was kind of military based advancement system. The down falls of the job were at most you could only make about 14 per hour at a chief level and to get to chief you had to be there at minimum 5 years. And thats with NO benifits untill the chief level. Also advancement wasn't really based on preformance but rather how well you got along with the higher ranked personel for example i was the about 6 months and alwas came in on extra shift and was one of very few who could run the truckyard without problems, also i learned how to run every station except control (which was typaclly reserved for the higher ranked employees), and i was constanly covering for people who called off and after being told i was going to make sgt. position for all my great work they decided to give it to a employee who had been there 2 months and only knew control but was alwas joking and laughing with higher ranked personel even thought that person was constantly late and alwas in trouble for taking to long on breaks. Now this was just a personal experence but after talking to some of the personel who had been there 5+ years they said that was typacal and they themselves had been passed over for simalier reasons.
Pros
Fairly easy work, Earn your guard card whill working, great learning oppertunities.
Cons
Very few advacement oppertunities, low pay levels, no benefits untill highest rank
Hustle
Commander (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 7, 2016
Think of any and all bad things you can think of.
management is in such disarray, operated by intimation, low pay, disfunction throughout the company, jobs ads are BS, everyone makes 8 to 10 hour unless its overtime. AND YES you can work overtime, as much as you want till you are burnt out and all is left is ashes. No paid vacation, never off on holidays. .....if you dont clock in you dont get paid. Its slavery or prostitution is really the better term. Company doesnt care about you or family...only about a body being in place so they get paid. Training is a laugh. CORRUPTIVE business practices.
Constant employee turnover at every level. Commander and/or Supervisor jobs are not supervision, ...you are a substitute guard when others dont show which is all day every day.Equipment is old, most fails, and those vehicles the supervisors drive are total pieces of unsafe/dangerous junk.
Benefits HAHA....get your own health insurance cause they offer nothing IF they even pay the bill they are deducting from your paycheck.!!

Horrible place .... I work here while constantly looking for better place to work. If you want to work long hours for food this is place for you.
Pros
Job...Paycheck
Cons
Corrupt, Disfunctional, Dishonest
Good environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 6, 2016
The environment and people really make this place. The pay is about average and the average pay is low these days.

The software, hardware, and equipment in general needs updating, also a software I.D. standard needs to be set.
The people you are guarding are generally friendly across the board, but there are some jerks that are totally indifferent to you.
My co-workers were all nice people...The jerks were weeded out pretty early on, so my experience with co-workers and low end management was pleasant.
Middle management was great too considering the resources they were given...They were friendly as well.
I suspect that the problems were with upper management not allowing enough pay to go to the security guards and supervisors making H.R.'s job more difficult resulting in the trickle down effect.
Pay should be about $3.00 more per hour for everyone.
The methodology and strategy for keeping the location secure and breech free needs to be re-done entirely with no exceptions to the rule! Managers and executives included!
Keep steady expectations and you will do fine.
Pros
The people are nice in general.
Cons
Bureaucratic and low pay.
Better than average security company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 29, 2016
Good company if your willing to put the work effort and time in to move up within the company. Senior management will help you move to different areas of town to help with driving distances. And will come pick you up and take you back home if you have transportation problems.
Pros
Hours are available if you want
Cons
No benefits, vacation time, or sick days for officers
It was a good job .
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis , RNNovember 28, 2016
It was a typical day it work. I learned how to observe and report while I'm at work. The management was alright but I barely saw them. My co-workers was very nice and respectful. The hardest part about my job was the rude customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help the people.
Cons
Short breaks
Fantastic.
Technician and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Watervliet, NYOctober 3, 2016
I first met Lou and Dan while working as a electrician in a residential installation. Friendly and proactive, we talked and soon after I joined them.

Over the years they taught me all about security, cameras and access control, all the while providing incentive for learning the products and installation procedures.

Friendly, safety and family oriented, professional and above all else, a pleasure and a honor to have worked with.

Most days were a simple installation of a alarm system or a camera system. Sometime it was more involved; Pre-wires for a larger system, Fire alarms or access control. Sometimes it was just simple inspections or service.

The hardest part of the job was a few customers. Some were very peculiar or particular about the work required. Some bordered on paranoid or insane. However these people in the end made the job more interesting and provided more than a few laughs and great stories.

In truth, I never would have left if it was not for some severe personal reasons.

Lou Foro is an amazing boss, fantastic salesman and a good friend.

I could never have asked for a better boss.
Pros
Flexible and friendly managers. Interesting work and work locations.
Cons
Hannay Reels Instpections.
busy and productive
Level II Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 6, 2015
The opportunity as a flex officer to get substantial amount of overtime working different accounts were wonderful however salary could have been more than it was, Management was supportive sometimes however they were more so unappreciative of there employees.
Pros
steady income
Cons
uncaring superiors
A new experience for someone in the workforce
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time here, but the job just wasn't for me. The days were long but the people whom I worked with made some days better than most. There was always a problem with scheduling, but overall the job was ok.
Crazy hours
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 21, 2016
Some days your at a post and if your post is off for any holiday you will be called in to work at another post or for another client of theirs. Depending on the hours their is not much time for a social life.
Pros
some of your co workers are nice
Cons
no holiday pay or time off for holidays
ok if you're fresh out of high school
security guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2016
job is easy and laid back. also you get a lot of hours but job doesn't pay to good. you can get all the hours you want if you are free or have an off day that's the only upside to working this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Imperial Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8