Imperial Valley College Employee Reviews

Being a student employee for IVC helps bring in a bit of money for that struggling college student.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Imperial, CADecember 23, 2017
Overall working for IVC was a good experience. There are however some Instructors that you can be assigned to that you have to look out for. There is a couple in particular that have no issues telling everyone about your business.
Pros
Easy paced work
Cons
You work less than 20 hours a week, Never exceeds that 20 hour limit
Great work environment
Assistant Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Imperial, CASeptember 11, 2017
I was working here only as an intern but enjoyed the work and got along with everyone easily. A typical day for me there was just coming in at the hour I was given finding out what needed to be worked on and getting to work! I learned how to work on some parts of the website that I didn't know about. The manager/boss was great he and I got along well and we had a good line communication between us. The hardest part of the job was trying to pull myself away to take a break or even leaving to go home. I just enjoyed the work there. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning new things and being able to sharpen my skills as a web developer.
Pros
great work environment, easy laid back atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours in the day to complete the work
Very fun place to work. People are very friendly and encouraging
Professor of Music Migrant Education Tutor in ESL (Current Employee) –  Imperial, CA 92251August 2, 2017
On a typical day at work, I teach music courses, conduct music ensembles; market, advertise, and formulate sales for fundraising activities. I also do administrative paperwork for a variety of college situations including reports on student learning outcomes (for college accreditation visits), and program review and enhancement. Thus, I learned marketing, administration, practice my music teaching and performing skills, etc.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Sometime there is not enough hours in the day to accomplish all that I set forth to do
Great Experience
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Main CampusJune 27, 2017
It is a great place to learn and gain experience in various fields pertaining to education and the workplace. Everyone is very supportive, encouraging, and pleasant to work with.
nice place to work with a great work environment
Parking control and campus safety (Former Employee) –  Imperial Valley, CAMay 28, 2017
Working on campus is very nice. I work with co workers who are nice and hardworking. My boss is very understanding and passionate about her job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people who are upset about the rules on campus. The most enjoyable part is knowing that everyday that i work i am working with people who are serious about their job but also very outgoing. By working at IVC i have learned how to manage my time, socialize with people who are in bad moves and how to give great directions.
Pros
nice co-worked, weekends off
Cons
outside in the heat
Nice workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Imperial, CAMay 23, 2017
It was a nice organization that really helps you understand the overall concept of the funding process of a non-profit. Other than that you have to be careful on your actions, everyone is walking on eggshells.
Good place to be around future profesionist
Lead Tutor / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Imperial, CAMay 18, 2017
I liked to work there because it was a good place to work and because I was student there for many years. I recommend this college. It is a small college.
Pros
I graduated there
Cons
Sometime is hard to find a parking
Enjoyable experience but low pay
RN Tutor (Former Employee) –  Imperial, CAMay 16, 2017
Working here was enjoyable, I just think that the pay was not competitive and it sucked that you only got payed once a month instead of biweekly. The finance department would take their sweet time cutting your check as well. The college was supportive of your decisions and the management was fair.
Pros
Supportive management, low stress
Cons
low pay
Great
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Imperial, CAMay 16, 2017
Fun to work there. A lot of love given. You have many down time to plan for other things to do. Great way to work and go to school. They work around your schedule.
Productive Workplace
Student Math Lab Assistant/ Tutor (Former Employee) –  Imperial, CAMarch 8, 2017
Great way to learn about customer service skills and the opportunities that can open if you work hard enough. Great interaction with patrons and coworkers
It is a a really awesome college to learn.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Imperial, CAJanuary 15, 2017
Nice and awesome college where you can achieve all your goals and they give the opportunity to work and to increase your knowledge. My supervisor and co-workers where great and it was a really nice place to work and learn different skills.
Learned how to work with toddlers
Teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Imperial, CA 92251April 3, 2016
I learned how to entertain a group of toddlers and how to resolve them from fighting and how to be attentive to their feelings and what they want.
Pros
Great learning experience
good work enviroment
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  CADecember 18, 2015
fun work environment everyone helps each other nobody gets left behind and the counselors care about their students. I would continue working their if it was a full time work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Imperial, CAApril 12, 2015
When I went in to work the first thing I did was check the printers to be sure they were filled and cleaned my work station as the day progressed. I learned how to be more outgoing and how to approach a customer in need.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  ImperialFebruary 12, 2015
In a typical day I would help at least 10 to 20 people, at some point some people would ask for me so I would always have something to do. Overall I really enjoyed my job and wish I could work as a tutor again.
Productive and encouraging
Counseling Department- Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Imperial, CAFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day at work would be busy during the morning and slowing while the day went by. I was able to gain confidence and was able to be proficient at work. Was able to help not only students who came into the office, or students who would call, but was able to be useful for the staff as well. I enjoyed helping students with their needs.
Relax environment
Automotive Technician TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Imperial, CAAugust 26, 2014
Learned alot in different areas
Management was great
Co workers were great
Relax enviorenment
Pros
Job security
Cons
No cons
Nice place to work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Imperial, CAJuly 24, 2014
Assist students with their registrartion process. Answering phone calls, helping the staff with files, documents, and so on. I learn to perfectionist my filling and get better customer services skills.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Friendly environment
Student Senator (Former Employee) –  Imperial, CAJuly 19, 2014
Smiling faces every morning
I've learned improve my communication skills
Management is caring
coworkers are caring and supportive
hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult clients
most enjoyable part is the friendly environment
Great place to work.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Imperial, ca.April 16, 2014
Great Staff. Good hours even as part time. Always willing to work with your schedule as a part time employee.
Pros
good pay
Cons
parking