Impresa Aerospace is a premier medium to low volume OEM & Tier 1 provider of build to print bench-top assemblies and structures with manufactured components.
Impresa Aerospace is a leading manufacturer in the aerospace industry that has served its customers for over 50 years with a comprehensive array of engineering, manufacturing, and assembly services. We produce complex structures and components for virtually every aerospace platform – including commercial jets, regional and business aircraft, military aircraft and vehicles and civil/military helicopters. Impresa provides OEMs worldwide with high quality, low cost precision CNC machined and sheet metal parts and assemblies, delivered on-time to ensure that our customers remain profitable and competitive in the demanding aerospace market.
We offer both prototyping, tooling and large volume production capability using a variety of materials. Parts are delivered complete, including such additional services as assembly, plating painting, powder coat, and screen printing. Average lead-time is 12-16 weeks. Impresa Aerospace fabricates each part using a documented process flow with a 100% final inspection.
Impresa engineers, technicians, and staff work seamlessly with customers to enhance the understanding of their needs and expectations. Our solutions are optimized to help companies maximize their profit potential. We strive to provide our customers with affordable exceptional service and products on a consistent basis.
Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and computer numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following description has been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Each job function will be conducted within the quality standards described in the Quality Policy and Safety Rules. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Acceptable attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and references points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining problems.
- Collects SPC data according to the control plan attached to the work order.
- Makes any adjustments necessary to maintain quality parts within control limits for SPC.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required by the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude desired
- Basic and Advanced Math Skills including familiarity with ratios, proportions, geometry, and trigonometry is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and mylars
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to use measuring instruments including but not limited to calipers, height gage, scales, and micrometers
- Read and understand internal procedures and policies
- Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions
- Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook
- Basic Computer Skills - able to learn new screens, reports, functions and simple software programs with assistance
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Technical / Trade School strongly preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience
Impresa Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.