Impresa Aerospace is a premier medium to low volume OEM & Tier 1 provider of build to print bench-top assemblies and structures with manufactured components.
Impresa Aerospace is a leading manufacturer in the aerospace industry that has served its customers for over 50 years with a comprehensive array of engineering, manufacturing, and assembly services. We produce complex structures and components for virtually every aerospace platform – including commercial jets, regional and business aircraft, military aircraft and vehicles and civil/military helicopters. Impresa provides OEMs worldwide with high quality, low cost precision CNC machined and sheet metal parts and assemblies, delivered on-time to ensure that our customers remain profitable and competitive in the demanding aerospace market.
We offer both prototyping, tooling and large volume production capability using a variety of materials. Parts are delivered complete, including such additional services as assembly, plating painting, powder coat, and screen printing. Average lead-time is 12-16 weeks. Impresa Aerospace fabricates each part using a documented process flow with a 100% final inspection.
Impresa engineers, technicians, and staff work seamlessly with customers to enhance the understanding of their needs and expectations. Our solutions are optimized to help companies maximize their profit potential. We strive to provide our customers with affordable exceptional service and products on a consistent basis.
The HR Generalist is responsible for the management and administration of day-to-day operations in all functions of the local Human Resources department. These areas include but are not limited to: payroll administration, benefits administration, recruitment, compliance, maintenance of the HRIS, leave administration. Successful candidates will leverage their experience in a variety of HR functions to help align the department with the company’s vision, organizational values and core business needs, goals and objectives. This position reports to the Manager of Human Resources.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all local Human Resources inquiries and activities and acts as liaison to the Corporate Human Resources team.
- Inputs all HR transactional data into the HRIS while ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Creates and maintains records and files to ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Performs a variety of administrative functions based on a strong understanding of HR policies and procedures with the ability to accurately communicate these policies to individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Designs and maintains HR reports to support strategic planning and analysis.
- Serve as first point of contact for all employee inquiries and concerns.
- Assess and address employee issues as appropriate, escalating to management when necessary.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of standard employment laws and practices and uses knowledge to address routine and non-routine policy and practice issues.
- Stays current with company policies and changes and addresses areas of frequent concern.
- Identifies improvement areas and assists in the implementation of process and procedural change.
- Leads recruitment activities including job postings, resume searches, candidate screening, interviews, pre-employment, employment offer, and onboarding process.
- Knowledge of local, state, and Federal wage and hour laws and regulations, leave laws, and other employment-related laws and regulations.
- Administration and maintenance of all benefit programs management including ensuring accurate enrollments, maintaining any required census information, bill reconciliation, open enrollment planning and implementation as required.
- Act as liaison between employees and insurance carriers and assist employees with high-level benefits related questions and concerns.
- Maintains employee files and records where necessary.
- Works closely with other members of the HR team to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels within the organization.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust quickly to changing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assess employee issues and apply sound judgment to manage them.
- Demonstrated aptitude with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS software.
- Must possess a professional demeanor and attitude and a high level of confidentiality and sensitivity to proprietary information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships across the organization.
- Sound understanding of HR principles, employment law, HR compliance, State and Federal regulations.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years progressive Human Resources experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous practical experience with benefits, payroll and HRIS.
Impresa Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.