Impresa Aerospace is a premier medium to low volume OEM & Tier 1 provider of build to print bench-top assemblies and structures with manufactured components.
Impresa Aerospace is a leading manufacturer in the aerospace industry that has served its customers for over 50 years with a comprehensive array of engineering, manufacturing, and assembly services. We produce complex structures and components for virtually every aerospace platform – including commercial jets, regional and business aircraft, military aircraft and vehicles and civil/military helicopters. Impresa provides OEMs worldwide with high quality, low cost precision CNC machined and sheet metal parts and assemblies, delivered on-time to ensure that our customers remain profitable and competitive in the demanding aerospace market.
We offer both prototyping, tooling and large volume production capability using a variety of materials. Parts are delivered complete, including such additional services as assembly, plating painting, powder coat, and screen printing. Average lead-time is 12-16 weeks. Impresa Aerospace fabricates each part using a documented process flow with a 100% final inspection.
Impresa engineers, technicians, and staff work seamlessly with customers to enhance the understanding of their needs and expectations. Our solutions are optimized to help companies maximize their profit potential. We strive to provide our customers with affordable exceptional service and products on a consistent basis.
This individual applies his/her understanding and experience of machine tool practice and theory to generate CNC tool paths for CNC machining centers. CNC Programmers are concerned with determining the optimal manufacturing methods and process for producing machined parts and programming machine tools to perform those tasks. Understanding of productivity improvement methodology, LEAN processes, and time studies for reducing waste and excess, are integral to this job.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following description has been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Each job function will be conducted within the quality standards described in the Quality Policy and Safety Rules. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Acceptable attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Capable of working from 3D space models, engineering design documents, prototypes and/or change orders, and analyzing them for produce-ability
- Capable of determining what equipment, tooling, materials, methods of manufacturing and facilities are required to produce a particular product in scheduled quantities.
- Works with the various departments engaged in setting up or changing the manufacturing processes involved with the new or revised product.
- Design of tooling, fixtures, and work instructions to support prototype and production manufacturing.
- Will take direction from Sr. CNC Programmers, or Manufacturing Engineers for work simplification, standardization, time study and similar activities as related to Lean Manufacturing and 6 sigma concepts.
- Uses CAD/CAM equipment to perform programming tasks and create safe machining sequences.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of machining and fabrication techniques.
- Take responsibility for other essential duties, as determined by department Manager.
- Works with IPT and tool designers to provide Quote information or process sequence information.
- Identify or design special cutter requirements for production and tooling fabrication.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required by the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of engineering drawing systems and principles, geometric and conventional tolerancing.
- Experience with manual and automatic inspection equipment and methods.
- Knowledge of manufacturing cost methods.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form.
- 3D parametric CAD/CAM software experience (CATIA, Unigraphics NX, Pro/E Preferred)
- Lean Enterprise Techniques and Experience is desirable.
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a CNC Programmer, preferably in the aerospace manufacturing environment.
- 8+ years experience as a Toolmaker/Machinist preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing ISO 9001 / QA Systems Overview
- Safety Overview
- ITAR Awareness
- ESD Awareness
- Six Sigma processes
Impresa Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.