Improveit! Home Remodeling

Improveit! Home Remodeling Employer Reviews

I worked at Improveit in Simpsonville Ky and it was a joke.
canvass (Former Employee), simpsonville kyJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: easy $10 an hour.
Cons: no bonuses, no advancement, management is a joke, lies.
the pay is a joke, it's near impossible to hit bonus, and you have to scam people into getting appointments that they don't really want. I would not recommend working here.
Fun place Easy work
Canvassing Team Lead (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: pay, relaxed atmosphere, managers
Cons: long days, cold days, repetitive
Fun place to work. Work gets repetitive and you work is some pretty tough weather. Good pay and nice people though.
Beware follow your instincts
Promoter (Former Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 21, 2013
Cons: too much to tell
Do not let them fool you, the below review read it again it is clear it was written by someone as a sales or marketing tool to invite people into this horrible place to work.

I worked for Improve It Home Remodeling for over 2 years in Dayton and visited the Cincinnati and Columbus offices I was a top rep the entire time and it was a joke. You do not make any money everyone tells you to drink the koolaid like a cult! And everything they tell you to say and do half of it is a lie. They tell you to advise people it will take 60-90 minutes when it takes over 3 hours. They say they have a price match guarantee if someone finds something cheaper which is a lie. I had customer after customer come up to me in the stores where I set appointments and tell me they called back and where told it was only for Improve It Home Remodeling exclusive products what a joke and a scam is that?? No one else sells them... or do they... they claim to have or they advise the salesman to say they have pattons and they are the only company selling the gold spacer it is also a lie, i know the manufacturer and people that work there they sell it to every company.

I could go on forever the whole job is a joke and you do not want to work here unless you enjoy to lie, stretch the truth, bother people, work for owners and management that do not care about you, and want to make $10.00 per hour. This place is the low of low...

Keep in mind they are selling $500 windows for a $1,000 a piece and a bath and shower you can buy at lowes for $799 for 15,000 yes you do not want to work here.

And its hard to get paid after you leave or get fired they try to play games....
Marketing Powerhouse
Designer / Sales Rep (Current Employee), Columbus OhioFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: great income, preset quality appointments, great training
Cons: driving, i put 30, 000 miles on my car last year, but then again i would drive anywhere for the success i have seen and had personally.
I started with Improveit! in June of 2012, since then my lifestyle has been enhanced in more ways than you can imagine.

I was first attracted to the improveit! name, after further research I realized that they provided leads that have been overly qualified (in my opinion). After the first interview I was so excited to learn that I once again had an opportunity to earn what I am worth.

The first month was alot of training, they spend time making sure you are comfortable with the product and dialogue with their consumers. I prefer hands on rather than classroom training, however I now understand why they do it.

I run 2 appointments per day, my average presentation is 2 hours and I am now making over $120,000 per year.

The medical and dental plans are similar to my old companies plans.

The best part of all, they generate and prospect all of my customers for me, I do receive a referal from time to time but I no longer need to get my own appointments. I just show up and close the deal.
cliques in workplace
Sales Consultant/Designer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 12, 2013
Very high pressure sales position with top management not caring about individuals success or failure.

June 21, 2013

We are sorry to hear about discourgment with your prior position. We are a assertive marketing and sales based organization which believes, encourages and trains all of our employees to provide above average service to our customers while earning above average income. We have a very methodological system which demands each team member obtain minimum individual performance expectations. We do not preach or teach any high pressure tactics, just traditional in home 1 night close techniques. I do not understand the terminology "cliques in workplace", however I do understand when we opened the Cincinatti office in January 2012 we were immediately successful. It is also suprising not caring about our staff was brought up. Just as in most organizations, especially ones that provide preset and confirmed appointments to their sales staff, we go above and beyond most to encourage and individual support with one on one meetings, weekly meetings and continuing ongoing education. Unfortunately It appears as though you felt different.

About Improveit! Home Remodeling

Improveit! Home Remodeling has been a leading home improvement company since 1989. In our 25 years, we've won 18 Consumers' Choice – Read more

Improveit! Home Remodeling Photos