Improveit! Home Remodeling Employee Reviews

Pretty good place to work
product promoter (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 27, 2017
Worked there for like 6 months. Made pretty good money, hit bonus almost every week.

The old manager cared about nothing but setting appts but then wouldn't train you on how to do better, but it didn't take long for the company to figure that out and fire him. I love the new management they brought on in december, they actually seem to care about us and visit us in the stores all the time to give us little "pep talks"

It sucks to get told no 100 times a day, and some customers are just plain rude, but its worth it if you can handle it. I was making just over $1,000 a week on average. I told them I could no longer work weekends, and thats a deal breaker for them.

Overall if you can handle the environment, its a solid place to work with plenty of chances for promotions.
Pros
Good money, positive work environment
Cons
you'll rarely be off weekends, and you gotta get told no alot.
Great Culture, growth potential
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Ohio and KentuckyJanuary 25, 2017
I started with Improveit! almost 4 years ago (in 2013). I've been promoted 4 times in these 4 years, so advancement is waiting for you.

Throughout my career here, anytime I started struggling or wanted to go to the next level, the management was always right there for me with additional training and coaching. There's alot of different ways to bonus, so even when I first started out the money was better than I had found anywhere else.

I was so confused reading some of these negative reviews, but I think I get it. This is a "you get what you put in" type of job. I think some people expected to just clock in to work and magically make bonuses. If you are motivated to be successful, the money and growth is waiting for you. If you're a bum and try to cheat the system, it won't work out for you (hence why most of the negative reviews have grammatical errors).

My experience, as well as most of the people I know from here, has been lucrative, positive, and very supportive. I would definitely recommend this job to a friend, as I have already many times!
Pros
Lots of freedoms, ability to make great money
Cons
You have to work most weekends
If you want to work here, dont.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 21, 2016
Working at Improveit! had its ups and downs, overall though it was not a place I would refer to anyone. The management and owners, lie about growth opportunities. There are few co-workers that you could trust to be honest with you and if they are it's never good news. I want to warn anyone who is looking to wake up and be excited about work, don't work here.
Awesome Time
Telemarketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 14, 2016
If you have a drive and passion you will succeed it's just like all other places. The management team will help you and make sure you are on the right path to succeed and to be a great fit for the company. They also will put you where you will be a good fit. Just be willing and open to coaching and hear what they have to say.
Pros
Great Management, Awesome co workers
Cons
Some days are better than others
Amazing enviroment and fun people to work with
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 25, 2016
Since I have started here 2 years ago I have enjoyed every moment. Starting in the call center and working my way up. Everyone here is interested in your advancement/career at Improveit! I look forward to becoming a larger part of the company. If you have good work ethic then you can really go far. I was tired of having a job just to have a job. Here gave me the opportunity to be proud of my position and see the big picture as far as a career and showed me the type of company people should be looking for.
Pros
Great group of people that are designed to make sure you are successful
Cons
Parking can be a little bit of a hassle in the Short North
Worst place ever, do not believe what they offer.
Market product rep (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 25, 2016
Local management omits important facts before they hire. Impossible to make more than $600 a week. Pay you $10.00 per hour plus commission, very difficult to get commissions kill about 70 percent of your appointments for ridiculous reasons. Find excuses not to pay your collecting leads, culture of tattle tells. Felt I was back in Jr. High school, filled insecure people in management. Don't waste time with this company. No room for advancement, unless your nose is brown. No benefits to speak of. Do not waste your time. A lot of customer complaints. Will not pay you commissions on leads if they do not demo their windows or baths within 3 days.
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours, sloppy time records, very slow growth
Rewarding Opportunitiey for Those Who Are Willing to Push Themselves
Product Promoter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 19, 2016
I chose and continue to work at Improveit! not only because of the advancement opportunity present, but I was blown away by the passion that both founders have for company since day one. They both spend more time in the office than any other employee and that is why they are successful. Leading with passion drives their growth.

I would highly recommend this company if you are the type of individual that enjoys going the extra distance and is not happy with the status quo. Not only does the company have opportunities in all departments, but they also provide you with experience that will translate into all aspects of your life.

The most enjoyable part of being an employee at Improveit is that you are rewarded for the hard work and effort that you put forth. In the past, I worked in positions for other companies where I was paid the same as those who were putting in half the effort as me; that is not the case at Improveit!

If you enjoy embracing a challenge, and an even greater reward; this is the perfect work environment for you.
Pros
Career advancement readily available in all departments, Those who put forth the extra effort get rewarded here.
Cons
Sometimes you have to work a little over 40 hours in a week, what successful person only works the required hours
Fast paced environment
Professional Designer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYMarch 21, 2016
A team driven environment designed around learning the companies products and practicing the 30 page script which was used in our presentation to homeowners.

A typical day consisted of running company furnished leads with homeowners to sell windows, doors and bath systems.

Problem solving, educating costumers on products leading to same day sales.

Regarding management, used downtime to get better with my presentation.

Co-workers, met regularly to train and encouraged teammates on getting better.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers solve their problems and knowing they purchased a product that truly made a difference in their home.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Nights and weekend calls.
Honest, straightforward, teaching environment, great culture
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYFebruary 3, 2016
I've worked at the improveit! Branch in simpsonville for awhile and overall it's pretty enjoyable company to work for. Management really wants everyone to succeed and really takes the time to provide lots of coaching. For a sales type job the hours are not bad either. People you work with are pretty great too. I've been on several outings as a group with my co-workers. The one manager even visits employees in the hospital if you are so unlucky to find yourself in one. My advice before working here is two things. Am I going to listen to exactly the teachings they give me. And do I really like just talking to people. If you listen you succeed and make pretty good money and have some pretty great opportunities for advancement. If you enjoy just talking to people then you will find the work very enjoyable. If either of those two things aren't true for you, you probably won't do well. Also bear in mind this isn't like some MLM type company where if you hit x number you get promoted. This is a corporation. They promote when you are ready and they have a spot. That being said they seem to be growing so it doesn't take too long after your ready for them to have a spot for you.
Pros
Management, culture, honesty
Cons
have to be coachable, working in weather sometimes
Fun, will work with you. Positive!
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYOctober 14, 2015
They are great company to work with, the supervisors will work with you with anything and they help you with you're techniques and how to market, it is hard to get appts and leads that you need sometimes and they are hard on you about that but if you do what ur job intails ur good
Pros
commission and bonuses, very flexible scedual!
Cons
Hard to set appt they are always on you to set and it is harder then it seems
The Best Company I've Ever Worked For!
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  40 W 1st St Columbus, OhJune 4, 2015
I began at ImproveIt in EDB as a Marketer, and I struggled for a long time. My manager and supervisor were extremely helpful on a daily basis until eventually finding me the PERFECT position with the company as a Data Entry Specialist. I could not be more please with my experience here at ImproveIt. I encourage anyone to look into a position here if you are seeking long-term employment. Honestly, I can't see myself resigning from this company for any reason. AWESOME, GROWING company with room for ADVANCEMENT!
Pros
The company is breaking it's own records every month, 30 years in business and many more to come!
Provided customer service and made appointments
Marketer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 18, 2015
Met with customers to make sure they were completely satisfied with our service. Made appointments for customers that needed more help than I could provide. Great company to work for since they always make sure the customer is happy.
LEADS for the closing
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, ohApril 21, 2015
I started as a sales representative in 2012 at IMPROVEIT and to date have never seen so much success then with this company. I saw some bad reviews on this website and thought I would give my opinion and overall feel.....to start

Marketing to me as a sales rep-
Lead generation machine!!!! I average between 1-3 leads a day and with anything there are some slow times, slow times = super quality appointments; if they want you there around winter holidays there's always a need. Multiple sources for leads from previous customers, shows, stores, call center, or door to door depending on the market your in.

Products- There are always more expensive products to sell and less expensive products to sell but for the way this company stands behind what they are selling it is far superior than anything on the market. Bathrooms, windows, gutters etc

Income-
100k annually if you are doing what they want you to do.
120-150 if you have charisma and are competent
150k+ is possible and has been done, but you are one of the elite few
Pros
Managements willingness to help you succeed
Cons
You will drive, but worth the income
not a good place at all!
sales (Former Employee) –  ColumbusApril 8, 2015
Horrible! To work for, they have no idea what they are talking about and people dont come to walmart to spend 800 bucks on windows but they can go to lowes and get them for 200 bucks less.
Cons
The people were fun to work with.
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 13, 2015
Door to Door sales. You go door to door trying to get people to let the foreman come out and look at their windows and bathrooms. You get to the office about 1:45pm. Practice your script for about 20 minutes and then the managers try to "pump you up" for the next 20. Then you all load up in the van and go to a neighborhood. I don't know about anywhere else but the Canvass Manager in Dayton never made me get out of the van but only twice me and another girl never knocked on a door but for 2 days. Then the head manager would chew us out for not making appointments. He never got dropped us off in a neighborhood. The pay wasn't bad, well for me at least. 10 bucks an hour to drive around in a van from 2-9pm. But if you weren't making appointments you had to go.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Management was corupt.
Fun place Easy work
Canvassing Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Fun place to work. Work gets repetitive and you work is some pretty tough weather. Good pay and nice people though.
Pros
Pay, Relaxed atmosphere, Managers
Cons
Long days, Cold days, repetitive
Marketing Powerhouse
Designer / Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioFebruary 25, 2013
I started with Improveit! in June of 2012, since then my lifestyle has been enhanced in more ways than you can imagine.

I was first attracted to the improveit! name, after further research I realized that they provided leads that have been overly qualified (in my opinion). After the first interview I was so excited to learn that I once again had an opportunity to earn what I am worth.

The first month was alot of training, they spend time making sure you are comfortable with the product and dialogue with their consumers. I prefer hands on rather than classroom training, however I now understand why they do it.

I run 2 appointments per day, my average presentation is 2 hours and I am now making over $120,000 per year.

The medical and dental plans are similar to my old companies plans.

The best part of all, they generate and prospect all of my customers for me, I do receive a referal from time to time but I no longer need to get my own appointments. I just show up and close the deal.
Pros
great income, preset quality appointments, great training
Cons
driving, i put 30, 000 miles on my car last year, but then again i would drive anywhere for the success i have seen and had personally.
cliques in workplace
Sales Consultant/Designer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 12, 2013
Very high pressure sales position with top management not caring about individuals success or failure.