Improveit! Home Remodeling Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible Place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYJuly 22, 2016
This company is full of liars. They will lie to you about how you get paid and then refuse to pay you once you leave. Read all documents before signing anything. It is a complete scam!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Worst place ever, do not believe what they offer.
Market product rep (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 25, 2016
Local management omits important facts before they hire. Impossible to make more than $600 a week. Pay you $10.00 per hour plus commission, very difficult to get commissions kill about 70 percent of your appointments for ridiculous reasons. Find excuses not to pay your collecting leads, culture of tattle tells. Felt I was back in Jr. High school, filled insecure people in management. Don't waste time with this company. No room for advancement, unless your nose is brown. No benefits to speak of. Do not waste your time. A lot of customer complaints. Will not pay you commissions on leads if they do not demo their windows or baths within 3 days.
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours, sloppy time records, very slow growth
Think before you apply
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 20, 2016
I only worked for the company for two days. Within those two days I could see through the messy company, the big wigs are on drugs! I realized the job wasn't for me unaware that I wasn't going to get paid for the two days I did work because of some sign in bonus during training. So basically I sat in training for free for two days. Called the company about two weeks ago left a message with the secretary to have management give me a call still haven't received one. By the way the secretary is very rude and,nasty!
Pros
Cons
Tell the employee anything!!
Rewarding Opportunitiey for Those Who Are Willing to Push Themselves
Product Promoter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 19, 2016
I chose and continue to work at Improveit! not only because of the advancement opportunity present, but I was blown away by the passion that both founders have for company since day one. They both spend more time in the office than any other employee and that is why they are successful. Leading with passion drives their growth.

I would highly recommend this company if you are the type of individual that enjoys going the extra distance and is not happy with the status quo. Not only does the company have opportunities in all departments, but they also provide you with experience that will translate into all aspects of your life.

The most enjoyable part of being an employee at Improveit is that you are rewarded for the hard work and effort that you put forth. In the past, I worked in positions for other companies where I was paid the same as those who were putting in half the effort as me; that is not the case at Improveit!

If you enjoy embracing a challenge, and an even greater reward; this is the perfect work environment for you.
Pros
Career advancement readily available in all departments, Those who put forth the extra effort get rewarded here.
Cons
Sometimes you have to work a little over 40 hours in a week, what successful person only works the required hours
Fast paced environment
Professional Designer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYMarch 21, 2016
A team driven environment designed around learning the companies products and practicing the 30 page script which was used in our presentation to homeowners.

A typical day consisted of running company furnished leads with homeowners to sell windows, doors and bath systems.

Problem solving, educating costumers on products leading to same day sales.

Regarding management, used downtime to get better with my presentation.

Co-workers, met regularly to train and encouraged teammates on getting better.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers solve their problems and knowing they purchased a product that truly made a difference in their home.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Nights and weekend calls.
Honest, straightforward, teaching environment, great culture
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYFebruary 3, 2016
I've worked at the improveit! Branch in simpsonville for awhile and overall it's pretty enjoyable company to work for. Management really wants everyone to succeed and really takes the time to provide lots of coaching. For a sales type job the hours are not bad either. People you work with are pretty great too. I've been on several outings as a group with my co-workers. The one manager even visits employees in the hospital if you are so unlucky to find yourself in one. My advice before working here is two things. Am I going to listen to exactly the teachings they give me. And do I really like just talking to people. If you listen you succeed and make pretty good money and have some pretty great opportunities for advancement. If you enjoy just talking to people then you will find the work very enjoyable. If either of those two things aren't true for you, you probably won't do well. Also bear in mind this isn't like some MLM type company where if you hit x number you get promoted. This is a corporation. They promote when you are ready and they have a spot. That being said they seem to be growing so it doesn't take too long after your ready for them to have a spot for you.
Pros
Management, culture, honesty
Cons
have to be coachable, working in weather sometimes
Type A Personality, Jocks Run This Company
JC's Fool (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 27, 2015
If you are a type A personality jock that beat up your fellow high school classmates or are a chain smoking douche, this company is for you.
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Fun, will work with you. Positive!
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYOctober 14, 2015
They are great company to work with, the supervisors will work with you with anything and they help you with you're techniques and how to market, it is hard to get appts and leads that you need sometimes and they are hard on you about that but if you do what ur job intails ur good
Pros
commission and bonuses, very flexible scedual!
Cons
Hard to set appt they are always on you to set and it is harder then it seems
The Best Company I've Ever Worked For!
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  40 W 1st St Columbus, OhJune 4, 2015
I began at ImproveIt in EDB as a Marketer, and I struggled for a long time. My manager and supervisor were extremely helpful on a daily basis until eventually finding me the PERFECT position with the company as a Data Entry Specialist. I could not be more please with my experience here at ImproveIt. I encourage anyone to look into a position here if you are seeking long-term employment. Honestly, I can't see myself resigning from this company for any reason. AWESOME, GROWING company with room for ADVANCEMENT!
Pros
The company is breaking it's own records every month, 30 years in business and many more to come!
Provided customer service and made appointments
Marketer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 18, 2015
Met with customers to make sure they were completely satisfied with our service. Made appointments for customers that needed more help than I could provide. Great company to work for since they always make sure the customer is happy.
LEADS for the closing
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, ohApril 21, 2015
I started as a sales representative in 2012 at IMPROVEIT and to date have never seen so much success then with this company. I saw some bad reviews on this website and thought I would give my opinion and overall feel.....to start

Marketing to me as a sales rep-
Lead generation machine!!!! I average between 1-3 leads a day and with anything there are some slow times, slow times = super quality appointments; if they want you there around winter holidays there's always a need. Multiple sources for leads from previous customers, shows, stores, call center, or door to door depending on the market your in.

Products- There are always more expensive products to sell and less expensive products to sell but for the way this company stands behind what they are selling it is far superior than anything on the market. Bathrooms, windows, gutters etc

Income-
100k annually if you are doing what they want you to do.
120-150 if you have charisma and are competent
150k+ is possible and has been done, but you are one of the elite few
Pros
Managements willingness to help you succeed
Cons
You will drive, but worth the income
not a good place at all!
sales (Former Employee) –  ColumbusApril 8, 2015
Horrible! To work for, they have no idea what they are talking about and people dont come to walmart to spend 800 bucks on windows but they can go to lowes and get them for 200 bucks less.
Cons
I worked at Improveit in Simpsonville Ky and it was a joke.
canvass (Former Employee) –  simpsonville kyJanuary 8, 2015
the pay is a joke, it's near impossible to hit bonus, and you have to scam people into getting appointments that they don't really want. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
easy $10 an hour.
Cons
no bonuses, no advancement, management is a joke, lies.
Fun place Easy work
Canvassing Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Fun place to work. Work gets repetitive and you work is some pretty tough weather. Good pay and nice people though.
Pros
pay, relaxed atmosphere, managers
Cons
long days, cold days, repetitive
Beware follow your instincts
Promoter (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 21, 2013
Do not let them fool you, the below review read it again it is clear it was written by someone as a sales or marketing tool to invite people into this horrible place to work.

I worked for Improve It Home Remodeling for over 2 years in Dayton and visited the Cincinnati and Columbus offices I was a top rep the entire time and it was a joke. You do not make any money everyone tells you to drink the koolaid like a cult! And everything they tell you to say and do half of it is a lie. They tell you to advise people it will take 60-90 minutes when it takes over 3 hours. They say they have a price match guarantee if someone finds something cheaper which is a lie. I had customer after customer come up to me in the stores where I set appointments and tell me they called back and where told it was only for Improve It Home Remodeling exclusive products what a joke and a scam is that?? No one else sells them... or do they... they claim to have or they advise the salesman to say they have pattons and they are the only company selling the gold spacer it is also a lie, i know the manufacturer and people that work there they sell it to every company.

I could go on forever the whole job is a joke and you do not want to work here unless you enjoy to lie, stretch the truth, bother people, work for owners and management that do not care about you, and want to make $10.00 per hour. This place is the low of low...

Keep in mind they are selling $500 windows for a $1,000 a piece and a bath and shower you can buy at lowes for $799 for 15,000 yes you do not want to work here.

And its hard to get paid
  more... after you leave or get fired they try to play games....  less
Cons
too much to tell
Marketing Powerhouse
Designer / Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioFebruary 25, 2013
I started with Improveit! in June of 2012, since then my lifestyle has been enhanced in more ways than you can imagine.

I was first attracted to the improveit! name, after further research I realized that they provided leads that have been overly qualified (in my opinion). After the first interview I was so excited to learn that I once again had an opportunity to earn what I am worth.

The first month was alot of training, they spend time making sure you are comfortable with the product and dialogue with their consumers. I prefer hands on rather than classroom training, however I now understand why they do it.

I run 2 appointments per day, my average presentation is 2 hours and I am now making over $120,000 per year.

The medical and dental plans are similar to my old companies plans.

The best part of all, they generate and prospect all of my customers for me, I do receive a referal from time to time but I no longer need to get my own appointments. I just show up and close the deal.
Pros
great income, preset quality appointments, great training
Cons
driving, i put 30, 000 miles on my car last year, but then again i would drive anywhere for the success i have seen and had personally.
cliques in workplace
Sales Consultant/Designer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 12, 2013
Very high pressure sales position with top management not caring about individuals success or failure.