IMS Health Employee Reviews

multiple level of incompetent management
Developer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 5, 2016
Too much of micromanagement leading to disaster, favoritism, unfair to talented employee whose view conflict with their self interest. Nice group of co-worker. benefits cost are high, no salary raises and below market compensation
Dont bother.
Customer Service Representative 2 (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 22, 2016
Job security is a plus if you make it to permanent employee, but temps are hired and fired with reckless abandon.

Very little mobility in the company that isn't predetermined. Management is toxic and underhanded, with almost no transparency and a lot of "because I said so" reasoning that has no place in the work environment.

If one makes permanent employee, be prepared to have drastically increased responsibilities over time with little to no increase in pay as a result. Low starting pay, and doesn't even increase to stay competitive with inflation.
IMS Health - Contract Analyst
Contract Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIMay 12, 2016
Very fasted paced work day. Expected to complete 2-4 jobs per day that take about 2-4 hours to complete each. Management is decent they help you with issues when asked but become frustrated fast when not performing up to expectations.
Fast-paced company with good benefits and good salaries.
SR. STATISTICAL PROGRAMMER/ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 29, 2015
Management tough and started sending jobs overseas but if you can keep your job its a great company to work for in terms of pay and benefits.
Pros
401K
Great Company
Reconciliation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAMay 25, 2016
Enjoyed the work I did as an analyst. Team was awesome to work with. Good job for independent work load and responsibilities.
Pros
Teams
Cons
Short breaks
IMS Health
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Warren, NJApril 8, 2016
Sinking ship. Incompetent management.

Very competent developers. Innovations are not encourage. Developers are working on outdated equipment , thus productivity is low.
Pros
Free bagels once a month
Cons
Management is mentally stuck in year 2000....
Good working enviorment
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 17, 2016
It was a good way for me to learn Master Data Management Systems. It was also a good way for me to develop from a technical stand point.
Outbound Call Center
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 9, 2015
My past job was a laid back office environment as long as quotas and goals were met by the individual. Management was split as this was a long-term temp position. I greatly enjoyed the interaction that I had with my fellow co-workers but also knew that there was some sense of urgency to get my work done to meet my deadlines. I worked closely with my on site manager to complete many different projects.
Pros
Management and fellow co-workers
Cons
Company was aquired and branch was closed
Productive environment / good balance between work and personal life
Director - SAP Project Management (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAApril 5, 2015
Conference calls with teams around the world
Global delivery of SAP applications / coordination of consultant and off-shore teams providing SAP support
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
No interest in more SAP investments
Workplace has changed from family-run to corporate
Senior Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 3, 2016
The workload is fairly constant, with peaks at the end of the quarter. The people in the department became family due to the time spanet with them.
Was ok but heading downhill
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Anonymous, USFebruary 11, 2015
I started out really enjoying working at IMS but now I realize that is because I had a great boss when I first got hired. Because of him I ended up thoroughly trained and prepared to lead independent projects.

Since then, I am now on my fifth boss in three years due to the high turnover. Skilled people who have excellent interpersonal skills in addition to technical skills are leaving. They are being replaced by insourced and outsourced labor, many of whom have great technical skills but no ability to interact with clients and coworkers and to think through a business problem in a creative manner. Management says they care about training but in reality people are woefully unprepared and under trained to do their job. Having them on a project team is a huge challenge.

This has had a huge impact on the culture and the ability to serve clients. The company apparently no longer thinks of itself as a consulting company with great data assets, but more of a technology/platform company. I am frustrated at the lack of care for quality and for delivering good services to our clients - its all about meeting quarterly revenue targets with no regard for consequences.

Senior management does not communicate with employees at all. I have no idea what the company's goals or values are and I highly doubt there are any aside from meeting quarterly targets.

I do maintain great work life balance because I am in a remote office. Things at headquarters are apparently different with many people working long hours. I can not complain about compensation.

All the offices are located in very inconvenient
  more... places way out in suburbs in high traffic areas. They will not pay for good office space.  less
Pros
good work life balance in some groups, decent compensation
Cons
management - both senior and middle. lack of focus on quality. rampant outsourcing
A great atomosphere on the job!
Product Translation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJNovember 23, 2015
This would be the best job ever. I learned so much and loved what I did. At the same it was very challenging to meet our deadlines to report the sales out to the manufactures. The negative part about this job was eliminating our jobs and out sourcing the work.
Analyst, Client Services (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 18, 2013
Good place to work.

Good work/life balance.

Below average compensation.

Good industry experience.
Laidback atmosphere
Physician Verification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 14, 2015
I come into work every day knowing what needs to be done and I get it done. I am a firm believer that teamwork makes the dream work and when you have coworkers that are all there to get the job done, it makes everything run smoothly and effectively. There are no hard parts to the job. When there are deadlines that need to be met, I set myself to carry out those deadlines and meet them every time. The most enjoyable part is having a job and also working with a group of go-getters who enjoy the work that they do and enjoy working as a team.
Productive with great team members
Data Integrity Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 9, 2015
Fun place to work with opportunity for growth. Management is fair and encourages growth. Benefit costs seem a little high compared to other companies.
IMS Health
Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 3, 2015
Nice group of people on the floor, but Micromanagement in certain departments. Lower pay scales than pharma. with similar expectations.
Very talented and smart people
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 1, 2014
Excellent company to work for. A lot of opportunity to learn about the Pharmaceutical and Health care industry. Steady technology investment and great ability to maximize the value of it.
Pros
very intelligent people
Cons
work-life balance
Very Very Productive and well managed company with fun filling activities like - Happy hours, Christmas parties, and Holiday cheers.
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 20, 2015
Before things changed
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  CollegevilleMay 19, 2014
I loved my job at IMS. It wasn't a bad place to work and the people were really nice!
The problem is with the outsourcing and layoffs. Waiting to find out if you lost your job on a daily basis was sickening.
I finally was laid off and my job went to a consulting company in India. From what I hear, they are now 'in house' again, but not in the USA.
Though I understand this company is global, I think it should be in the best interest in the clients to bring the support back to the US!
Pros
great people
Cons
too many uncertainties
Growing organization; leader in the industry
Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 25, 2013
IMS is a growing organization that is branching out into less traditional service offering for its clients, offering more flexibility and options. Work schedules are flexible and there is much opportunity for career growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IMS Health. Our community is ready to answer.