IMT Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for.
leadman/Service Boat Operator / Barge Maintenance (Former Employee) –  2 locations, lemont il. and channahon il.December 4, 2015
Great company to work for, tugboats and equipment were always maintained and living quarters kept clean. the employees i have worked with deckhands and pilots, captains are professionals and are main concern was always safety first, we always worked safe and efficiently.
Great company to work for
Travel Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 26, 2014
Pay is below average and not much room for advancement, off set by amazing management, tremendous work environment, and likable colleagues. Love the culture and the work life/balance. Sometimes can be stressful, lead to burn out.
Great Company to work for
Miramar Apartments Assistant Community Manager III (Former Employee) –  IMT MiramarAugust 2, 2015
Great company , excellent paid and benefits, Beautiful community and great maintenance staff , shame to said that new manager is awful and does not treat residents ,vendors and employees right and with respect!!
Overall
welder/robot operator (Current Employee) –  McIntire, IAAugust 4, 2012
The overall experience is great, many new things to learn but the hard part is getting the permission. The management could be better but its not the worst ive seen. Nearly all the co-workers are great people but in any work environment there will always be the rotten eggs. The hardest part of the job is getting through the heat, some days its 130+ most of the day, when its that hot it makes for a very hard and long day.
Pros
401k, annual golf outing, great benifits, free lunch once every quarter
Cons
lack of management/worker communication
I see only one other review here that came from an actual previous employee
Previous employee (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NJSeptember 15, 2014
Very poor working environment, no advancement and they laid off half of the employees in July. They are almost about to close. Very poor management.
Pros
can come and go as you please.
Cons
cons are noted below
Overnights
Overnight back room inventory associate (Current Employee) –  Palmyra, MEOctober 3, 2013
We start with a list of departments that have a number of items on a pick list, from there we start with consumable products and merchandise. Then after setting up pallets and carts for everything we complete the departments within four hours. After lunch our team pulls all of those picks to the floor for stocking. From there we do the opposite and put overstock items into the bins we picked from. Management is cooperative and the co workers make a team effort. The hardest part of the job is probably being 100% by 7AM. We use pallet jacks, electric pallet jacks and walkie stackers to help. Safety first is a very strong element in this work atmosphere. I think the most enjoyable part of this job is accomplishing deadlines. Ive learned more than I expected to learn, from machine operation to organization and distribution.
Pros
discount, bonuses, transfer
Cons
distance
A job/Internship that taught me how to maintain a wearhouse. It also taught me the basic principles of human resource management
Distribution Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OHMay 20, 2013
I Served as a key resource responsible for various distribution center fulfillment tasks including pull, pack, ship, repack, and assembly of sales merchandise and food products. Particular focus for this position was placed on accuracy (item identification) and productivity (speed and amount of goods and orders processed).

For human resource management, the position’s responsibility was to assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources department functions and responsibilities.

The combination of working with multiple departments such as human resources and the distribution center gave me a better understanding of how a large company manages not only their products, but their employees as well
Pros
experience in multiple departments
Cons
the temperature in the distribution center was very hot at times
Toxic Enviorment
Welder fabricator/robot operator (Former Employee) –  Garner IowaFebruary 5, 2013
Company against employe environment.
HR department not helpful to employees in basic functions.
Rampant harassment and blatant disparate treatment from management/leadmen, problems not dealt with even with going thru proper channels or after numerous complaints from multiple employees.

working there I was able to expand my skill set.
Left I.M.T. for better work environment
Pros
relitivly good pay
Cons
toxic work enviorment, tempetures in shop are sweltering.
Review
Biologist II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 15, 2015
I would run HPLC assays for regional blood flow using fluorescent microbeads. I would do almost everything from sample preparation, assay, to releasing results. Excellent supervisor.
Pros
Excellent supervisor
Cons
I wanted to continue my education
Working with staff, families, and students was energizing
School counselor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FloridaNovember 11, 2013
A typical day at work would be opening cases and setting up interventions for students with difficulties learning, working with families integrating involvement with students and behaviors, working with children in group settings and individual,l targeting social and emotional well being.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the constant success of families working together with students and results continuing
Great place to work with great people.
Temporary Assembler (Former Employee) –  Garner, IAMarch 21, 2013
It was like a close family working there. I could ask anyone any question and get an honest answer without any drama. I would go back there in a heartbeat.
Pros
guaranteed 40 hours a week
Cons
sometimes you don't have anything to do, so all you do is clean clean clean.
Fun place to work.
Travel Insurance Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIAugust 20, 2014
Great place to work, learned a lot of new skills and the other employees were great to work with.
Pros
cake days to celebrate your birthday with the whole company.
yoga trainer
Corporate yoga trainer (Current Employee) –  maruti suzukiJune 27, 2013
working as yoga trainer to eymployees for fitness. this yoga classes very good to cure many complains like bake pain , stress ., learn good diet rule according to Ayurveda
thanks
Cons
health care