In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Customer service and food
Associate (Current Employee) –  La Habra, CASeptember 18, 2017
There's normally always something to do, not very much down time. You must know how to multi-task in a face paced environment. Everyone is normally very friendly and welcoming. I enjoy interacting with customers!
Pros
Free burgers
Cons
Short breaks
fun and fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CASeptember 18, 2017
I loved working here its a great place to work and plenty of room to move up great benefits and friendly co-workers fast paced so time goes by fast! loved the managment
Fast paced, possitive environment!
Level 7 associate (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 15, 2017
Best type of employee to thrive in growth with this company is one that is single and have open availability with the motivation to exceed. Best candidates for higher are those with positive attitudes that thrive in a fast pace environment and show initiative.
Pros
ability to move up the lower levels
Cons
harder to get into management.
Great Place to Grow
Level 4 Associate (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 14, 2017
If you want a place that will push you to be better, In N Out is the place to work. They make sure to allow you to advance and the pay is great. The only issue is once you hit a certain level you feel stuck and sometimes management isn't as thorough with what they would like to see you improve on.
Pros
Fun, past-pace, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Requires In N Out to be a top priority even though one might have school and other involvement.
Fast-paced job and has a great culture with great opportunities to move ip
Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXSeptember 14, 2017
awesome company. great management because everyone in the store has started in the same position you're in. culture is awesome and a lot of opportunity to move up and make good money.
Pros
free lunch, good pay, flexible schedule, good management
Cons
stressful, demanding
The most fun I've had working.
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 14, 2017
Fast paced and lots of fun. Definitely dominated by the younger crowed but everyone is always welcoming and super helpful. The culture is fantastic with the managers working the grill.
My experience
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 14, 2017
I was adept at taking customers’ orders, because I was always an amiable people-person, paid close attention to the customer's behaviors, and clarified possible misunderstandings. Due to my skills the team worked effectively, time and food resources weren't wasted, and the customer received the experience they came for. I excelled at prioritizing tasks and maintaining a level of excellence in my work, even when short staffed.
Great college job
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CASeptember 12, 2017
Great place to work and they work with school schedules well. You can work full time as a level 6 or part time level 1-6. They're all about advancing individuals.
Pros
Free food great pay
Cons
Stressful
Great first job
Cashier/Host (Current Employee) –  Lemon Grove, CASeptember 11, 2017
Room to grow very friendly and really seem to care about associates! Get Christmas gifts every year and safety prizes 3 times a year. Free food when work. Very flexible hours. The only thing is there is not avilabilty to become full time unless someone leaves and u work there longer than everyone else.
Pros
Free lunch room to grow friendly
Cons
Not full time
Challenging, Dynamic, Upbeat Worklpace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 9, 2017
In n Out is a great place to work if you're willing to work hard everyday. If you're not punctual, dedicated, and hard working, don't apply to work here, you won't last. If you do have those qualities, it is a very rewarding job with great, clear opportunities for raises and or managerial advancement.
Pros
Free food
Cons
A lot of work, short breaks

Want to know more about In-N-Out Burger?

Ask a question
Fast paced but still enjoyable
Sales Associate/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2017
Because it was so popular of a chain, there were few instances that I can count as "slow days". The co-workers are the best part of the job though. I know they helped keep me sane throughout everything. You get thrown into the deep end pretty quick, but it's not a bad way to learn. I surprised myself with how quick I picked everything up. All in all it's a great opportunity to grow and learn.
Pros
One free meal everyday
Cons
Short breaks and always hectic.
The awesomest place on earth
Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 7, 2017
On top of the free double doubles on work days the pay was very above the market and the people are amazing. I would say this is one of the best places to work for as far as careers go
good work environment
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXSeptember 7, 2017
working there was a good amount of fun although it usually was high-paced and busy. lots of opportunities to get promotions and my general manager was always helpful with anything I needed.
only thing I hated was how we only had 10 minutes to eat on our lunch break, so we basically had to shove food down our throats and get back to work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Ideal job for a first job. Culture is amazing and the products, staff and customers are proof
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CASeptember 5, 2017
I worked at In N Out while I was going to college and then when I was starting my family.

This family ran business is just that family based. They make their employees feel like they are more of a family than employees.

They promote and train their own managers fro within.

They offer several benefits (Company picnic, family Christmas party and store team building activities) away from the stand to build stronger relationships between employees and management.
Pros
Believe the Hype, Amazing successful company that knows that success starts with happy employees
Cons
very busy, some managers do have favorites, shifts are busy and if you are not in the mood to work you may struggle
Great place for first time employment
Level 7 Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 5, 2017
It was a great place to work at while I was younger, before I had kids. It was an awesome place to make lifelong friends and make connections because everyone loves an IN-N-Out employee. The pay was competitive, company culture runs deep, and the health benefits were out of this world, great place to work for young adults, students, or people just starting a family. Its fast-paced and that can be stressful but the product you serve is great and it is an awesome stepping stone for the entering the real world.
Pros
Great place to make friends
Cons
Physically demanding
Productive and Quick-Pace Environment
Level 7 Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CA 91502September 5, 2017
Managed breaks and overrides.
Maintained highest food standards both in our division and our competitors outs side of In-N-Out
Very clean and friendly environment with staff always training other new team members.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Over worked and under paid
Associate (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CASeptember 4, 2017
deal with rude customers, work for long painful hours, make little money no matter how hard you work. The only optimistic view you can have is the one you can imagine... I currently get paid 13.50 and have been with the company for over 2 years...
Pros
you get one free burger everyday you work. work with school schedule, but doesn't pay enough to fund education.
Cons
bad hours, little pay, hard work, alcoholism
Great environment to work in just lack of communication
Clean up (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 4, 2017
Would recommend to work here, the the environment is great, employees are kind and just like any other job it does get hectic but over great place. My hours are what sometimes makes it hard for me coming in at 5:30am.
Stressful but Fun
Associate (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CASeptember 3, 2017
In N Out delivers a very high demand product, so the work place tends to feel stressful. As you advance through the positions you begin to handle food more than customers. Though it is fun most of the time, good management is key to a good shift.
Productive and fun
Level 7cook/Trainer (Former Employee) –  City Industry, CASeptember 1, 2017
management was very attentive to needs. i learned about hard work, quality, and how to maintain a standard. It was first job. i think the most enjoyable pay of working her was that i was part of over 70 new store openings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3