In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

quick pace, fun, productive, friendly.
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAAugust 18, 2017
management was great. this company was very well put together and took care of their employees and customers. always worked as a team and made work fun and competitive. always had a smile on my face. i learned leadership skills, customer service skills and product quality.
Pros
company takes care of you. family oriented vibe, benefits
Cons
work every weekend
The most enjoyable part of the job
Level 6 Associate (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing our customers faces once they saw their food. You could tell that our customers held us to such a higher standard then just your regular fast food joint. They treated us with respect and were all so nice.
fun place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 16, 2017
Co-workers become like family and there is always room for advancement. Amazing company that knows how to treat their employees. Hours are flexible so it is ideal for students. Pay always starts well above minimum wage and pay raises are decent.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
non
Good place to work and very flexible.
In N Out Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2017
In N Out is a great place to work. The other workers are super nice and helpful in every situation. They are very flexible if you need days off. The pay is also very good.
Pros
Good pay, Nice people, Flexible
Very productive place to work. Once you get the hang of it time goes by extremely fast.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 15, 2017
This job comes with great people to be around and a better work culture. Your surrounded by friendly and helpful people to help you navigate the stressful environment that is In-N-Out. Hardest part of the job was to get timing down with everything other than that it was a pleasurable experience. The most enjoyable part o the day was to greet customers and make there day better.
Pros
good pay, free in-n-out during breaks
Cons
very stressful, must be quick learner
Educational and Quick Paced workplace with amazing company benefits
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 14, 2017
Working at IN-N-OUT has been an amazing time, with amazing pay.It has definitely taught me how to handle customers and provide excellent service. Management was great. They are all friendly and flexible with the schedule. IN-N-OUT is strict with the guidelines/rules on cleanliness and appearance, along with the necessity of satisfying each customer. The hardest part was the unending things to do. Whether it was taking orders, keeping things clean and stocked, handing out food, etc., there wasn't anytime for you to lean back unless you were on your break. This wasn't a bad thing exactly. It was tiring but it also has created a habit of me to always be doing something productive at work. The best part of the job was my coworkers. They were all so fun and friendly that leaving them is gonna be the hardest part of leaving IN-N-OUT.
Pros
free lunch, flexible hours, friendly coworkers, good pay, good food, life insurance
Cons
short breaks, continuous work
Amazing company!
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 14, 2017
In n out was my first job and a great place to gain experience. They have built a strong customer service based environment and is held to the highest standard for every employee.
Fun and fast paced with a kick of yelling and communication
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CAAugust 14, 2017
I enjoy working for In-N-out, they work around most of my schedule and mainly everyone that is attending school. The work place is fast and you gotta keep up.
Pros
Free lunch, fast paced, great benefits
Cons
Short breaks, Standing %100 of time, crowded
Great company
4th Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAAugust 11, 2017
Great company to work with. Good paying job and ability to move around the company. Only downside of it doesn't have set schedules for associates and managers.
Pros
Great associates, great company, benefits
Cons
No set schedule
Best first job
Level 6 cook (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAAugust 10, 2017
I worked here as the cook for 5 years and loved it. Yes, I had my moments where I loathed it. But overall this is the best company I've ever worked for. You just have to sell your life away if you want to work here.
Pros
Great job for a student
Cons
The hours can be rough especially if you close
Productive and a great first job
level 3 (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 10, 2017
Management was extremely helpful. Always training for promotions. Many events including our families. Everyone was always positive and being at work was enjoyable at all times. Wouldn't have left if I didn't relocate.
Pros
free lunch, benefits, great hours
Difficult
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2017
I worked here for a year and a half. I advanced a decent amount, and I will say: I started really hating it towards the end. The amount of stuff that we deal with day in and day out does NOT reflect the pay we receive. And I worked for one of the busiest stores in the company. I enjoyed working certain positions far more, and it always surprised me how working certain positions could just ruin my entire day. Overall, towards the end, I only enjoyed working here because of my coworkers. That being said, future employers see INO and view it as a huge plus to you as an applicant
Pros
Definitely a good resume builder
Cons
Pay does not reflect the amount of work I did
Best First Job
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAAugust 8, 2017
I really enjoy working at In-N-Out! You meet such great people and create real relationships with customers. It is fast paced but time flies when you're having fun.
great place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAAugust 8, 2017
I learned how to become a team leader and work multiple positions at one time while in a stressful and fast-paced environment. I am a cook so i have to be aware of business and make sure the quality does not decline. Management is great. They always take care of their associates. My coworkers are amazing. Everyone helps each other. The most enjoyable part is being able to make great burgers and see the customers satisfaction.
Pros
free lunch when working
Cons
short breaks
Fun work place
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAAugust 8, 2017
usually we are always a busy store due to the fact that we are located in the heart of Hollywood. I have learned to not stress out when it busy, to just focus on making the customer happy.
Pros
The people there are so friendly
Cons
short breaks
Great
Cleaning Crew (Current Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAAugust 5, 2017
Best company ever, proud to be an associate at this company. Job security and flexible hours and great co workers what more could u want. Not to mention all the managers are great as well
Pros
Fun environment to work in
Fast Pace Workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAAugust 4, 2017
Rumors say In-N-Out pays well for a fast food place and it's not easy work. This is fairly true. In-N-Out is a well organized company compared to other food industries that stand equivalent in their particular market. Management is always on top of their game and any associate under them is expected to apply the same mentality. You really do learn a lot from the job as far as how to work hard and more importantly work efficiently. The job focuses a great deal on customer service. For the most part it's an enjoyable aspect of the job. The workplace itself is all about teamwork and keeping a joyous environment.
Fun place for young adults
Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 3, 2017
In N Out was a great company to work for but the fast food industry was not for me. It does allow you to advance rapidly and for the most part is fast paced work environment which I enjoyed.
Great company to work for
Level 5 Managerial Trainee (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXAugust 3, 2017
This company is awesome! You will love working here. Everyone is friendly and very appreciative. The company does so much for their employees like picnics, basketball tournaments, softball tournaments, golf tournaments for a charity, and pick a family every year during Christmas to help out during that time of year. You get rewarded for everything, so your hard work will never go unnoticed.
Pays well. Flexible hours.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 3, 2017
In-N-Out Burger is a wonderful company to work. Great pay. Great benefits. Flexible schedules. Offers a lot. Would recommend to everyone. All associates and managers are welcoming and loving. In-N-Out takes good care of your needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3