In-N-Out Burger

In-N-Out Burger United States Employee Reviews

Amazing!
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), 12909 Midway rdApril 28, 2015
Pros: Fast paced, customer service is a plus.
Cons: NONE
Management is amazing there. They stay training you on every position, Being crossed trained is always a great thing.
Every associate there is with you along the way, because its like we are all family there. Taking care of customers is the number one thing that we take pride in is "serving the customers"
Fast paced, fun, challenging, rewarding
Associate (Former Employee), Orange County, CAApril 16, 2015
The two most valuable lessons I have taken from working at In N Out Burger are the value of hard work and the importance of customer service. It is a very fast-paced work environment that requires each associate to work together as one functioning unit. A high level of communication is at the core of the hard work and the customer service that In N Out exhibits, and it is necessary in order to keep an efficient work environment. Not only is the professional work atmosphere at In N Out brimming with camaraderie, respect, and friendliness, but it is also highly motivating and rewarding. I think the most difficult part about working at In N Out was finding an efficient and balanced way to provide rapid and high quality service. However, over time and with gained experience, each associate eventually finds a comfortable rhythm and system that works best for he or she. The most enjoyable thing about coming into work everyday was, no doubt, getting to work with my fellow associates and managers. Considering the amount of work involved and the high standards that are expected to be met, In N Out has the potential to be an extremely stressful job; however, this is not the case. The store environment is positive, encouraging, and unifying in such a way that not only builds a team of workers striving towards one goal, but also friendships and leaders.
Excellent Company
Level 6-cook (Former Employee), Brentwood, CAApril 15, 2015
I love that you have a flexible schedule and your coworkers are always chipper and excited to be there! Which part time positions do you know of that pays out vacation time to part time employees? They definitely take care of their associates!
In N Out Burger was a great company to work for
Store Associate (Former Employee), Orem, UTApril 1, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Long hours doing repetitive motions.
Going into work at In N Out every day can be different every day. Some days are very smooth while other days can be disastrous. It all depends on the team you are working with. It challenged me to work with others rather then forcing others to work with me. One of the strongest lessons i learned working there would be how to be a good teammate and rally others to be motivated. I loved the environment of In N Out but at the end of the day i really did not enjoy working with food. Its not something im passionate about.
wholesome work place
Cashier level 2 (Former Employee), Peoria, AZMarch 29, 2015
A typical day at IN-N-OUT would be cleaning, taking orders, working pay window, stalk up condiment and drink station, and making sure all of our customers walk in and walk out satisfied. I learned how to take detailed instructions. Also learned how to manage and count large sums of money. My co-workers were happy go lucky employees. They worked as an unbreakable force. Everyone was a team player and ready to jump on the next task! The hardest part of the job was cutting onions. Most enjoyable part of my job was seeing costumers leave with full satisfied bellies and smiles on their faces.
Excellent workplace environment
Roseville, CA - Level 6 Shift Leader (Current Employee), Vacaville, CA/ Roseville, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great customer service, Upbeat moral of the co-workers
Cons: Only 1 break
In-N-Out Burger is a very fast paced and intense workplace. Excellent customer service is required. The co-workers are lively and all about the team productivity. The hardest part of the job would have to be learning a new trade (fries, cooking, cash handling, etc...) and being able to keep up with the fast paced environment that is In-N-Out. The best part of the job is seeing the smile on the customers face when they are satisfied with the meal that they have received.
Very fast-paced and demanding but above all fun!
Store Associate (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
This job is labor intensive and really demands a lot out of you. Each restaurant is a family and the team oriented culture is fun and rewarding.
Associate (Current Employee), Avondale, AZMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: out time may change
Working with different people from different backgrounds in a fun environment. Teaches you leadership skills and conflict resolutions.
Fast pace environment and learned how to work well under pressure
Associate (Former Employee), Glendale, CAMarch 10, 2015
A typical day at work is usually hectic to say the least. I learned how to multitask quickly and continue to push myself until the job is finished. Management worked with us during shifts and performed the same tasks that we did. They helped us just as much as we helped them in the way of getting tasks done or staying longer than scheduled to help the team out during rushes. the was minimal gossip between coworkers and always helped pull each others weight during work. In my opinion, the most enjoyable part of the job is feeling exhausted not because I pushed myself for 8+ hours, but because I know I made a difference for my team and the customers for their visit at In-N-Out Burger.
Exciting and busy workplace with team atmosphere
Associate (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAMarch 10, 2015
A typical day at In-N-Out is exciting. From the time you clock in to the time you clock out, it is non-stop busy. Communication with fellow associates is essential to provide the best product and service. Overall a very enjoyable place to work and is a great job to have part-time as a college student.
Great First Job
Cashier, Fry Cook, I (Former Employee), Chula VistaMarch 5, 2015
The typical day was very fun and enjoyable i got to work with great friends and deal with very excited customers. I had some tough days dealing with customers that tried to get away with things but none the less a great job to work at.
Productive and fast paced environment
Level 5 (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: scheduling
Hard work, learned great customer service. Management was decent and I would have to say the hardest part of the job was being able to multitask in certain areas.
Highly efficient and great energy work-place
Store Associate - Level 3 (Current Employee), Tustin, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: room for advancement into management positions.
Cons: lack of benefits for part-time associates (which is most employees)
It's easy to work somewhere when it is fun. But do not mistake the work at In N Out to be easy. The managers will push you to become better with your best interest in mind. The team works together to operate as a single unit makes you feel involved with the process of satisfying customers.
Great Place to work
Cashier / Host / Cook / Clean up Crew (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch, great pay
Cons: gets packed quick not a lot of space to move around
Team work is Key at In-N-Out. Best place I've work when it comes to friendliness and hard work. If i could pick a fast food chain to work at i would definitely chose in n out again
Great Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Redondo BeachFebruary 26, 2015
It is a very fast paced work environment. An amazing company to work for. I have learned many things by working at In N Out.
Fun place for your first job
level 6 (Former Employee), Lake Havasu City, AZFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: electric enviroment, free burger a day
Cons: hard to make it a career, shaving every shift
likely to find good people working there. fun environment, very team oriented. hard to get full time and to advance. will teach good work ethic and responsibility.
very productive, team oriented work place
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 21, 2015
During my time with this company, I enjoyed everyday I worked here. The work environment, the employees and management were very enjoyable. A company that genuinely cares for its employees.
Good place to start off working
Cashier (Current Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch, free trips, tournaments, always busy
Cons: short breaks, fast food
I learned no matter how unfriendly the work place is you have to do your best because that's what you are their for. Most of my co-workers are amazing people who are trying to get an education and be someone in life. My favorite part working at In-N-Out is being in an environment that is as friendly and enjoyable as that one.
Fun place to work. The people are always friendly and happy to be there.
Clean up Associate (Current Employee), La Puente, CAFebruary 19, 2015
I learned a lot on how to manage my time efficiently while working here. Working alone has taught me how to be self motivated and how to plan my day according to what my tasks are for that day.
great company
Manager (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: one free meal on each shift
I learned customer service, food preparation, management skills, great work environment, social skills, work ethic, and high standards of cleanliness, friendliness, and quality.
I loved my coworkers and the fun environment of the fast paced business.

1 2 3 4 5

About In-N-Out Burger

In-N-Out Burger is a regional chain of fast food restaurants with locations in the western United States. Founded in 1948 by Harry – Read more

In-N-Out Burger Salaries