In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

They take care of the associates to say the least. Training is extensive and rewarding.
Level 3 Associate (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 16, 2017
Working at In-N-Out Burger has been a wonderful experience. The company really prides themselves with their extensive training program. This provides many opportunities to climb up the ladder to management and get raises on the way. They pay well starting out and teach you how to provide the most quality customer service in a high energy and fast paced environment. Management is always really cool and wants to help you improve your skills and succeed. This would be an awesome first job for anyone, the professionalism in the workplace really prepares you for much more than most other companies in the food industry.
Pros
Free meal every shift, 401k, health insurance, flexible scheduling, paid vacation.
Cons
Hard to get full time hours, strict regulations and uniforms.
Nice place to work at however manager become unfair and treatment is not right towards some people
Fast Food (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 17, 2016
I enjoy having this as my first job. Everyone is nice and kind, it's usually loud you'll get use to it most of the time. The customers can be sometime picky and if they'll get their order wrong we get blame for it. Management have change over time I worked here for a year and a half. They have become choosing favorites and become rude to some employees. Overall that need to be change hopefully the coworkers will have your back and are fun to be around.
Pros
Free food every break, nice coworkers, lost of benefits, pay
Cons
Some customers, management, more hours
Productive and fast-paced
Associate (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAOctober 6, 2016
A day at work is usually extremely busy. In N Out Burger enforces quality and expects nothing but the very best from its associates. An associate is expected to treat customers with great attitude and respect. The company takes pride in its quality and in great customer each associate provides to customers. On the other hand, being part of the kitchen team is also extremely challenging. The burgers must show off the quality, and be cooked to the customers desires. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching tourists who come from all over the world take their first bite into their burger. Being able to provide and meet the expectations of our customers brings happiness and joy into the restaurant.
Pros
Free burgers, medical and dental benefits.
Cons
most be in panic mode at all times.
Great environment that heavily emphasizes teamwork while still encouraging individuals to improve themselves
Cook (Current Employee) –  Porter Ranch, CAJanuary 10, 2017
I really enjoy working at in n out. My co-workers are my family and I cherish being able to work with them. It is always a positive environment because most the associates truly enjoy being there. In n out is good at hiring the right kind of people, those who can always provide great service with a smile.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly environment, good pay and benefits
Cons
Managers sometimes get switched around a lot
Great Company to Work For
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 2, 2017
INNOUT is a great company to work for. The start wages at INNOUT is always superior to what is available outside in other job fields. Depending on the hours you work, there are: health benefits, maternity/paternity leave, vacation hours, and sick/personal days. All employees enjoy gatherings paid entirely by the company, holiday gifts, and volunteer opportunities to help out the community, among other things.
Pros
maternity/paternity leave, vacation hours, and sick/personal days
Incredible
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 2, 2016
Merit-based promotion system where store management positions are guaranteed a minimal $120,000 salary. Honest business model and application. Day to day work consists of intense work pace, with proper break periods given. Associates are extremely well compensated. The hardest part of the job is dealing with high expectation and intense criticism. The best part of the job is the ability to create such a family oriented atmosphere.
Pros
Free food when you work
Cons
Grueling work
A great company to work for!
Level 6 associate (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTOctober 31, 2016
Everyday is something different, You work with great people and the managers are amazing. There is plenty of opportunities to advance and receive pay raises. They work great with school schedules and working there is a blast. Only bad thing is most of the time you do not get off on time they will tend to keep you a little longer that what is posted on the schedule.
Pros
Free meal, awesome benefits, great co-workers, awesome pay
Cons
Kept late, can be frustrating
Serious but fun workplace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 27, 2017
The workplace is no joke. They expect you to be doing something at all times and no horseplay or wasted time is accepted. Training is ongoing so you are always learning new things as you go along. Plenty of Promotions are available too. Pays very well for a fast food place.
Pros
free lunches, great people, great pay, great benefits
Cons
short breaks, very demanding and tiring
Great Job
Level 3 Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 22, 2016
This was my first job so I did not have much work experience. Everyone there is very nice and helpful because you must work as a team. It can get very crazy during the rush hours which makes things a little bit harder and faster. Overall management is very well ran and hours can be flexible. Great pay and benefits come along with the job and there is always room to level up and advance for a raise. Perfect job for someone who is willing to work quickly and efficiently.
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours, Great environment, store parties/events
Cons
Working after scheduled time, Non-stop labor
Fast paced environment with friendly people
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTOctober 5, 2016
In N' Out Burger overall has been a good place to work. I am a level 5 associate, meaning I moved up levels and almost have my cooking raise. On a typical day at work I would normally be cooking/ dressing burgers, helping customers on the counter, or continuing to learn the money procedures in the back. At this job I learned the value of customer service, cash handling skills, stress management, multitasking, staying productive, and how to work in a fast paced environment. Management was overall very friendly. Managers would often be switched out, so us associated would have to learn to know new people often. My co-workers are the best thing about this job. For the most part, they are very friendly and help in any way they can. The hardest part of this job is probably staying on top of things when it gets busy. Such as keeping everything clean, and staying friendly even though we might be super busy and stressed. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyone I work with ; we are all friends and get along very well. Also, for the most part I loved how fast paced it was because it kept me productive.
Pros
free lunches, co-workers, work parties, good benefits, flexible
Cons
short breaks, angry customers
Great first job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2017
very fast paced
always in view of the customer so you must be careful of what you do.
Must be aware of surroundings to make sure you follow all of the guidelines for safety and sanitation.
Raises come easily if you work hard.
It is a great company to work for, they really appreciate their associates.
Good for moms and preggos
Cashier / Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Within 30 days after probation, you get full benefits for any kids or anything of that nature you may have or are about to have or want to have. I can't stand that sight or smell of an in-out burger because, well, let's face it, they have ZERO variety on the menu and all I did was flip burgers for eight hours straight each day. That said, great benefits, great people.
Productive fun workplace.
Sports Coach (Current Employee) –  Kerman, CANovember 14, 2016
I love that were are able to have a one on one interaction with the customer and ensure they receive the highest quality product we have to over. I love that my coworkers work together as a team and everyone steps up to help everyone else around.
Pros
Awards, Raises, Free Burger per shift.
Cons
Short breaks
Productive work place, always busy, great at training. Good management.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, UTDecember 10, 2016
I had a great time working at In and Out Burger. I started working there in 2011 immediately I started to train. Worked my way up in to a manager position. I learned do many things!
Pros
Free lunch. Positive environment. Great pay. Flexible schedule. Benefits. Give great rewards.
Cons
Smell like grease.
Productive and team oriented workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 8, 2016
Workplace gives special attention to its employees. Concerned for any needs of the employees. Shifts workers around during the day to ensure there is no monotony to the job and give a break from same job over and over. Management is friendly and works with employees on any frustrations with job. Job gives raises according to hard work and growing experience. Paid time for meetings, holidays off, and occasional workplace get togethers.
Pros
good management and benefits for employees
Cons
fast paced and occasional bad customer interactions
Always Busy
Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Busy from opening till close. I learned a lot working here for example, if one slacks in a working position the whole team suffers. Must have strong communication skills and patience like master Yoda.
Pros
Free meal every shift.
Cons
Health benefits after one year with the company
smile its part of your uniform
Level 6 associate/ team leader/cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2016
Great place to work. you learn the basics of service. how to deal with people and fix problems. coworkers were awesome, my typical day was beating times before and trying to grow my skills everyday! most enjoyable part was meeting guests and them coming in asking for you too cook their burger because you were great.
Pros
free food
Cons
no benefits lack of hours
Great Company to work for!
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Fast paced and fun work environment. Every employee and manager is hard working and helpful. Great training. Excellent customer service skills and work ethic go hand in hand working here.
Pros
free food, good benefits and pay
Fast paced and exciting workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CADecember 19, 2016
High level of attention to detail, excellent customer service skills, team oriented atmosphere, fun and vibrant work environment, high caliber work ethics, above average salary, great benefits.
All around amazing company to work for
Cook (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 26, 2016
Great benefits, awesome team environment, lots of opportunities for advancement, flexible hours, good pay. Scheduling is not an issue and you learn how to be more efficient yourself, multitask and work well with others

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5