In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews in United States

Fast pace work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 20, 2016
The best job i have ever had, enjoyed every shift. I liked the fast paced environment, my co workers and management were amazing. hardest part of the job was being short staffed and having to do work that requires 3 people, but then again that was the best part of the job.
Great place to work in general
Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 18, 2016
It was a great day knowing that I was going into work. All the managers were professional and I enjoyed everybody that i worked with.
fun environment
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 14, 2016
love working with people and providing excellent customer service. Always gets a long with everybody never had a problem with others. Talking to so many people i enjoy
Love them
Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 14, 2016
great Christian company, great pay and benefits love them to death . wouldn't hesitate to work with them again. really is a family there. everyone has your back.
Very Fast Paced Environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 11, 2016
It is a competitive job environment, everyone has a chance to get to management level it all depends on how fast you learn the material. Customers are very committed to the company, a lot of regulars and must be thorough with customer satisfaction and store management.
Productive and team oriented workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 8, 2016
Workplace gives special attention to its employees. Concerned for any needs of the employees. Shifts workers around during the day to ensure there is no monotony to the job and give a break from same job over and over. Management is friendly and works with employees on any frustrations with job. Job gives raises according to hard work and growing experience. Paid time for meetings, holidays off, and occasional workplace get togethers.
Pros
good management and benefits for employees
Cons
fast paced and occasional bad customer interactions
Fast paced environment with options of advancement.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 6, 2016
A typical day at In-N-Out Burger is working in a faced past environment, while maintaining quality of food we provide customers. Maintaining customer satisfaction is priority. The most difficult part of working at the job is working very fast, while still following many guidelines as best as possible. The atmosphere was very upbeat, enjoyable, and you always see people smiling around you. The most enjoyable part of working for this company was the advancement, co workers, and different positions to work everyday.
Pros
The environment, Free food provided, many breaks
Cons
Over worked, random hours, very late hours
Productive and busy workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2016
A typical day working at In N Out was really busy. Working there at In N Out I learned how to deal with rude customers. Management was amazing. By far the best management I've ever worked with. The co-workers were also amazing, friendly, and outgoing. The hardest part of the job was taking a customers order while making another customers drink and handing out another customers meal all at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people who always had a smile on their face.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No full time
Challenging place to work
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CAJuly 5, 2016
Such a high demand of excellent customer service and nothing less. Fast paced and challenging. Management and their system of training is amazing. Shifts go buy so fast because they are never slow.
Pros
Burger per shift
Cons
Short break, mentally exhausting
Decent Job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 1, 2016
As the title states, this job is very suitable for those who are looking for a part time job while attending high school and possibly even Jr college. Yet, there are unprofessional moments that occur, but It's still a fast food job so you can't expect too much. Overall, it's a good company to work for.
Work
Level 6 (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 1, 2016
My overall opinion about working at In N Out Burger was how interesting it is. I learned how to take care of customers, being nice, cooperating with others, and taking care of yourself at work. The hardest part about the job was just the management and the schedules, sometimes the schedules are not too flexible and the management wasn't that very well at times either. The most enjoyable part was seeing the customers being happy, and seeing how other co workers admire you.
Fun work place.
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJuly 1, 2016
If you actually want to be part of a team this is the place for you. The scheduling is very flexible. The company is always having something for their employees.
Pros
Coworkers are great. Always something entertaining
Cons
Customers and working until 2 am or later on weekends
Best Job Ever
Clean Up Crew, and Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 29, 2016
Honestly I wish I could have stayed at In-n-Out longer. They really take care of their employees, and care about how their experience is almost as much as their customers. Personally I was injured off the work site and In-N-Out payed me disability (more than the state was going to). When i returned to work I was welcomed with open arms and given my full time hours with benefits.
Pros
Benefits for employees, great career possibility with advancement
Cons
White Clothes
A place full of bosses but not enough leaders.
Overnight Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJune 25, 2016
I worked there for 8 years and they tossed me away once I became disable and requested a consistant schedule so that i could manage my narcolepsy and fybromyalgia better.
Pros
money
Cons
wanna feel insecure and empty?
Fun work place
Associate, Trainee Manager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 25, 2016
Very fast pace. You can learned a lot about leadership qualities. The hardest part was enduring the heat on the grills while you cooked. The atmosphere was up beat fun very team oriented. You learn a new thing everyday. Competitive pay, the faster you learn and the better you get at a position the more money you make.
Pros
You are allowed one free burger every time you work.
Great firsty job!!
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 17, 2016
I loved working for this company because the company really takes care of its workers! The pay was great, especially due to the fact that it is a fast food place.

The only con I have is its super fast paced during rushes
Religious Discrimination
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2016
My manager asked me to attend church with her multiple times and it made me incredibly uncomfortable and she proceeded to use her beliefs as leverage as to why she acted the way she did.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Awful and immature behavior towards me from co workers
great work place
order taker (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 13, 2016
great place to work long breaks and a great way to get to know new people. serving is great and making food couldn't be better
Pros
free food
Cons
healthcare
Great pay and great people.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 11, 2016
Working for In N Out was a great experience. You really appreciate all the hard work that goes into keeping a restaurant clean, and making food safe and delicious. Everyone always has a smile, and loves working with their friends. They are very flexible with hours when it comes to scheduling around other work or school. My only problem with them is getting off of work of time. You will be talked to harshly if you are a minute late clocking in, but you will stay an hour to many hours past your clock out time (when your shift is scheduled as over) with no word from your shift manager or store manager. The attitude towards this issue from management felt disrespectful to many employees. In fast food, things can get hectic. But if you can multitask with a smile, the job is yours.
Pros
Free burger for every day you work, good pay, and easy to get paid more (leveling up)
Cons
Never off on time, can't be in uniform outside of break area while on break (changing takes time), white pants are hard to keep white
Fun environment yet learned to work hard
Level 7 Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 9, 2016
A typical day of work consisted of doing a lot of prep in the mornings. Peeling onion, pulling the leaves off the lettuce and cutting them in the correct shape for the protein lettuce wrapped burgers. A lot of time management went into this because one would have to be done by a certain time. In the morning also one would assemble and sanitize the shake machine to make sure it is properly working for the day. By the time it is around 10:00 am, some of the crew shows up and the store opens. It is time to kick it into high gear and get all the produce done and make sure the area where it was done was clean and sparkling. After making sure the money is all completed and inventory is all counted, the manager goes on their 30 minute break. During this time, another manager or level 7 would watch the shift and make sure everything is running smoothly during that half hour time frame. Giving out drawers to associates and organizing how the day is going to go. All day was spent cooking, working the table to dress up the burgers, more produce prep work, and running around helping others. I have learned so much working here; after eight solid years, I learned a lot about time management, organization, being adaptive, responsibility, integrity, honesty, hard work and being over the top with communicating. Management was hard to get too, but I set my mind on it and it was such a great accomplishment. Everything is true about this place, the food is fresh, people are super nice and the management is really well rounded.
Pros
good pay, time goes by fast, awesome co workers, Christmas gifts, store parties, free lunch
Cons
hard to get full time, physically demanding, high stress, closing hours

4.5