In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

productive fast pace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAFebruary 20, 2017
great place to work, fast paced, friendly co workers, can be stressful non stop working, always on your feet. I would process transactions and also be in charge of produce
lots of hours, pay increases, chances for advancement
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2017
IN-N-Out provided many opportunities for advancement within the company whilst awarding pay increases and hours for those willing to work and apply themselves.
Pros
free meal every shift
Cons
schedules being put up last minute
So fun and entertaining
Level 6 Associate & Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 17, 2017
Work is great. I think that people who have great personality and attitude can work here. I believe that everyone should try to apply here as a first job because the management will always care for you.
Pros
Free food, high pay, a lot of free perks
Cons
Hard work
Awesome job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 17, 2017
I applied to In n Out when I was 19. I worked there and it was great. It is a really fast paced learning environment, so they do hire a lot of young people with energy. I love that they are willing to train you. You can move up really quick in the company if you work hard.
Pros
Burger every shift!
Cons
Hard to get fulltime hours
Fasted paced, fun work enviroment.
Cashier/Host (Former Employee) –  Anaheim Hills, CAFebruary 15, 2017
In-N-Out is a great company that holds true to the value of the costumer, the employer, and the employee. They will go out of their way to ensure the in n out name is known for giving costumers the best experience, one they should come to expect when you walk into the restaurant. To ensure that those experiences are never harsh, in n out provides a comfortable, clean, and very group of workers to facilitate the restaurants. Managers, as well as their staff, are kept up to date with policies and procedures through frequent store meetings where information is not only given, but taken in. Overall most peoples experience working at in n out is the same as anyone eating there. Great.
Productive work place, with camaraderie among associates and managers, potential for advancement in company
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westwood Village, CAFebruary 14, 2017
The job is very fast-paced, which has taught me a lot about multi-tasking and working efficiently in order to manage my time most effectively. We have various goals to meet and get rewarded with parties and free merchandise for meeting those goals.
Overall fun place to work at
Level 3 Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 13, 2017
To work here you must be able to talk to customers. Ability to multitask. This is a place where you can just start making a whole ton of friends.
Pros
Free Lunches, Higher pay than usual fast food places, flexible work hours
Cons
Short breaks, Short shifts
Great company. Everyone's always energetic and always there to help you learn new things.
Order Taker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 10, 2017
I've made lots of friends while working there. Learned many new things and how to always move at a quick pace and always keep a smile on my face.
Pros
Free Burgers
Cons
Short Breaks
Amazing company to work for!
Level 6 Associate (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAFebruary 9, 2017
If you are a hard working individual this job is for you! Fast paced environment makes the days go by quick! Willing to work around school schedules. Perfect job!
Extremely fun place to work
Level 3 Associate (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAFebruary 7, 2017
This job was my second favorite place to work behind Whole Foods. The management that I worked for were great people and I still keep in contact with them although I no longer work there.
Pros
free lunches
work place culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2017
Everyone is very hard working and nice. There is always something to look forward to the job. Everyone makes your day even when you might have a bad day.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Good for moms and preggos
Cashier / Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Within 30 days after probation, you get full benefits for any kids or anything of that nature you may have or are about to have or want to have. I can't stand that sight or smell of an in-out burger because, well, let's face it, they have ZERO variety on the menu and all I did was flip burgers for eight hours straight each day. That said, great benefits, great people.
Fun and busy place to work at
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 3, 2017
Always busy and and have something to do. I learned how to b efficient and effective and serve quality burgers to customers while being friendly and keeping the environment clean.
Pros
free meal
Cons
short breaks
Tough job
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 3, 2017
The job is really though because you will be doing a lot of labor and are expected to always have a smile and treat customers with the utmost friendliness.
Great Company to Work For
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 2, 2017
INNOUT is a great company to work for. The start wages at INNOUT is always superior to what is available outside in other job fields. Depending on the hours you work, there are: health benefits, maternity/paternity leave, vacation hours, and sick/personal days. All employees enjoy gatherings paid entirely by the company, holiday gifts, and volunteer opportunities to help out the community, among other things.
Pros
maternity/paternity leave, vacation hours, and sick/personal days
INO is Life!
Associate (Current Employee) –  City of Industry, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Very high paced day constantly on your feet however this makes the day fly by. Many opportunities to grow if you are willing to work. COmpany picnics are awesome!
Pros
free burger everyday!
Cons
Possibility of repetitive motion ailments and injuries
May seem like we are always happy, but really everyone hates it
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 31, 2017
There has to be a reason it is rated as one of the best fast food places to work, but the store I worked at did not reflect it. The pay was definitely nice, with a high starting wage; however, there was a growing discontent with management as they would expect you to work way past your scheduled hours, without ever asking you. Management complained to me about constantly asking to be let out on time because I was looking for an apartment (hard to do if you work 8 hours, 6 days a week, even tougher if those 8 hours turn into 10, even 12 without prior notice).
Working at IN-N-OUT
Associate (Former Employee) –  Newhall, CAJanuary 30, 2017
it was a god place for a first job because i learned a lot and had to move at a fast pace which is a major quality in the workforce today while maintaining great customer service.
Great workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 29, 2017
Great fun starting workplace. You'll work hard but be rewarded and learn great life skills, and meet some great people.
Productive and fun workplace
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 29, 2017
You are constantly doing something. Keeps you busy and it teaches you better communication with not only the customers but also with the staff. Work always went by fast

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5