In-N-Out Burger

In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Fast paced and fun store with a free burger every day.
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee), Gilroy, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Free meal every shift!
Cons: Not much.
From the moment you start your shift to the last 30 seconds at the end of your day its 80 mph of hot grills, cold drinks, and smiling coworkers and customers. While working there you become a part of a big In n Out family. You will have those tough days but you'll never have them alone. One of the best perks of the job is the summer pick nick for the employees and their families.
Pre-determined shifts with great benefits and advancement
ASSOCIATE LEVEL FOUR (Former Employee), Goleta, CAJune 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, advancement opportunities, competitive starting wage, always busy
Cons: long shifts, management is inconsistent
Duties are assigned prior to shifts starting. Management is pretty open to advancement opportunities, so long as you express the initiative. Sometimes, management can play favorites, but that happens in any job, so its not really something specific to the company. Benefits are great, though I didn't use them because I had insurance through my school. Company does a lot for its associates and really – more... treats them well with great wages, and company sponsored social events. Work can be grueling, especially during longer shifts, but it all comes with a certain level of satisfaction at the end of a workday. I only worked at one store, so can't speak for others, but hours were pretty available for the most part, although some slow periods would see drastic reductions for non full-time employees. Great place to work, would recommend for anyone who is willing to put in the effort. And obviously, it's In-N-Out, and as a California native, the Double Double is almost a staple. Free lunch every time you clock in. – less
Fast Paced
Associate (Current Employee), SacramentoJune 24, 2015
Fast paced environment that allows its associates to grow and better themselves. I have learned how to treat costumers in a way that will better their day.
fast pace
In-N-Out-Cashier/ cook (Former Employee), San Pedro, CAJune 20, 2015
Pros: Good Salary
I would work and go to the register and took the costumers orders. I also would helping preparing the food Calling the orders and giving them out .
Very fast paced work enviornemnt
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Inglewood, CAJune 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches, good benefits
Cons: short breaks
I loved In N Out. A typical day at work was very fast-paced and productive. I learned how to act in a work environment, customer service and other things. In N out was my first job so they really taught me a lot about the work field.
Fun place to work
Team Member (Current Employee), West Valley, UtahJune 16, 2015
I really enjoyed the people, they are all so hard working and are wanting to make a career out of In N Out. They help everyone, you do not feel like an outsider at all from the moment you start you are part of the team. You have lots of opportunity's to move up in the company but, to become full time you have to look at In N Out as your career, or you will stay part time.
fun enviornment with easy advancment
Cook (Current Employee), Rocklin, CAJune 15, 2015
Pros: fast paced, pays well
Cons: uniforms
The job is really fast paced. Depending on the location, you may need to be prepared to sweat a bit. Shifts go by quickly, and co-workers are a blast. Managers are usually easy to get along with.
Store Associate (Current Employee), Glendale, CAJune 12, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short brreaks
This was a great place to work at> so far i am content with all the things this place has to offer. Other than the busy days everything usually runs smooth. The managers are often good at giving out breaks.
Fast paced word environment.
Cook (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJune 10, 2015
Extremely hands on. There is no down time, so you must have a lot of energy. Being a friendly person is key. The employees work together everyday to give the customers the best experience possible. No one position is more important than the other. All of our movements are micromanaged to create consistent quality in the food and experience.
A fun working environment that encourages personal belief in the company for the highest standard.
Level 6 Employee/Customer Service (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 8, 2015
Maintain high standards of customer service during high-volume, fast-paced operations. Communicate clearly and positively with co-workers and management. Mastered point-of-service computer system for automated order taking. Handle currency and credit transactions quickly and accurately. Follow procedures for safe food preparation, assembly, and presentation. Built loyal clientele through friendly interactions and consistent appreciation. Resolve complaints promptly and professionally. Cross-trained and coordinated scheduling with team members to ensure seamless service.Took initiative to find extra tasks when scheduled duties were completed.
always productive
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), San Lorenzo, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: free food while working
Cons: not consistent hours
working for in n out has been fun, im always busy when im there and theres never a dull moment. its taught me a lot about customer service.
Great starting job but not a future
Custodian/Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Novato, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Free meals, great staff environment, high standards
Cons: demanding workload which comes in spurts, followed by long, slow periods of time
If you need hours and can work hard then In N Out burger might be the place for you. It provides high school and entry level college students with much needed hours, but it can be very demanding and for little compensation, although nationally more than most other fast food chains. I spent my time as a custodian and maintenance technician there. I worked very hard each day just to keep up with company standards which I admit are very high.
Level 6 Associate (Former Employee), Thousand Palms, CAJune 6, 2015
Pros: benefits, relationships with fellow associates, good work
Cons: fellow associates who do not believe in the company ideal set, potential to work a well over 8 hour shift, dirty work
Fun work environment that engendered associates to have pride in their work and value loyalty. While some may consider it "flipping burgers and making french fries", there is really more to it.
The interpersonal relationships with fellow associates, as far as loyalty, having one another's back, doing one's best possible work so as not to make someone elses job harder, believing in a compensation – more... system built on fairness of learned and mastered skills, whether "liked" by managment team or not. Truely a work palce where advancement IS entirely based on skill level and the manner in which the job is executed. (meaning attitude, adhereence to company policy, ability to work well with others). Two of my closest friends, neither which still work at INO anymore, but met them both working for INO, at different stores, but one friendship is 17 years long and the other about 15, and that will last a lifetime. Probably one of the best jobs I have ever had and will have. Still miss it occasionally and it has been 12 years since I worked there. Overall,it was a great time. – less
Good Place to work while in School & Beyond
Associate Crew (Current Employee), Daly City, CAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, competitive pay, friendly staff, great managers, fun environment
Cons: work load can be a bit overwhelming, new hires means you need to pick up some of their slack
This place is a good place to work at while in school, hours are flexible, you get continuous raises within months of working. Earn up to six digit salary if you do decide to become a store manager. Store managers can be a hit or miss but so far its all a hit The food is great and always fresh. This is literally the best fast food burger restaurant in California.
Fantastic high school/college job, with potential for an amazing career
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee), Draper, UTJune 4, 2015
Pros: Free meal, great pay and benefits, chances to improve and gain new skills
Cons: Short breaks, physically tiring
In N Out is the best college job I could have asked for. They have amazing pay, amazing benefits, a positive work environment, great management, friendly employees, and maybe most importantly, a high quality product. After working at In N Out for 5 years, I still love eating the food, which is more than I have heard from any other fast food employee. It is a trying job for sure, to stay on your feet – more... and stay busy for long periods, but I gained great customer service skills and the time usually flies because of the fun environment. All of the management in the company started out as a new hire, just like everyone else, so I felt like all of my managers genuinely cared about my work and personal life, and they could always accommodate my crazy schedule. On top of the great pay and fun environment, the company throws a picnic for every employee in the company, every year. It's usually at a waterpark/ theme park, and they have free entrance, food, and a raffle (I won an iPad once!). In addition, they also give opportunities for individual stores to have parties for the employees when they meet sales goals. Because this company is not a franchise, they are incredibly organized and have figured out how to get and keep happy employees. I am truly a life long fan of this amazing company! – less
Friendly, fun, team-oriented, fast-paced
Store Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 3, 2015
In-N-Out is a great company. Very hands-on when training. Staff is well-organized, efficient, friendly, fun. Lots of opportunity for growth. Busy but manageable.
Most fun job!!
Associate (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJune 1, 2015
Pros: free lunches, fun workplace, high pay, alot of opportunity for growth, consistent pay raise
I LOVED working for In-N-Out it was so fun, and it taught me so much about team work, communication, and most of all customer service. The level of customer service they taught me to always carry, has made a major impact in my career. There is so much opportunity for growth, and they pay you SO well. I had this job all throughout high school and college. Loved it so much :)
Fast paced team oriented family owned business
Associate (Former Employee), Prescott, AZMay 26, 2015
Pros: works around my school schedule
Cons: not all work ethics are the same
This job has taught me more about people and customer service than any other position I have held. I have worked up the corporate ladder and fulfilled quite a bit, including training new employees. I would highly recommend this organization to any person, of any age. When the prescribed procedures are followed, this organization flourishes.
Fast Paced
Associate (Former Employee), Hurst, TXMay 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Never get off on time
It's very fast paced if it's a very busy store. You will always multitask and sometimes it can become very overwhelming. The company treats their employee's really good, but I can't say that about every store manager. You might stay 3 hours after your shift was suppose to be over. There can also be a lot of drama between the other associates. I enjoy the picnics that they host for the employee's. You win prizes and eat food and just have a great time. I learned how to work at a very face past and also how to multitask. I also leaned how to talk and interact with customers.
Great place to start .
Clean up associate (Former Employee), Signal Hill, CAMay 20, 2015
Now here's a outstanding job\and or career. My regular day would start at 1:30am to 10:30am , but I believe now it starts at 5am to 3pm. A "typical day" would include coming in to a messy and leaving EVERYTHING INSIDE AND OUT IMACULATE ! I learned that the clean up guys at any in-n-out are like the marines in the "fast food" cleaning world. We are fast paced, efficient , and most of all we get everything – more... done .My co-workers were the best part of the job, everyone that I worked with was down to earth , chill and respectful. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with management expectations , MOST of the managers never knew how hard we worked but they knew how high they want to set the bar. I would say that my co-workers and the customers that I see everyday were the most enjoyable part of the job. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About In-N-Out Burger

In-N-Out Burger is a regional chain of fast food restaurants with locations in the western United States. Founded in 1948 by Harry – Read more

In-N-Out Burger Salaries