In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Fast paced work environment with opportunity for advancement.
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 23, 2017
In N Out Burger is a great job for college students. With shifts that start as early as 5 a.m. and as late as 9 p.m. an associate can always find time to work. Management is very flexible with schedules and understands class obligations. Work is fast paced and stressful at times, but rewarding as hard work will result in raises in both rank (level) and money. Strong culture with a legacy of friendliness, quality food and outstanding customer service.
Pros
Free burger, flexible schedules, lots of hours, above minimum wage
Cons
Short breaks, strenuous work, greasy smelly clothes and skin
work place
Clean up crew (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2017
its A Very tough job cause you gotta put everything you got to show we have the best cleanness. The Fast dinning thought me is that In-N-Out is clean,friendless,quality.
Amazing
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 21, 2017
INNOUT is a great place to gain experience not only working in the customer service field, but also life experience. They really care about their associates.
Fast paced and friendly environment
Portrayed excellent customer service (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 21, 2017
I am currently a level seven at In N Out which is one step under management. I am able to run the shifts with a manager present and handle money and associates. I am detail oriented and work well under high pressure situations while multitasking.
Pros
Learned how to be a manager
Cons
Income
Extremely fast paced and family environment.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAJuly 21, 2017
Constantly on our toes, coworkers make the environment fun and challenging. Advancement is attainable as long as you work for it. Benefits are amazing as a full-time associate and hours are very flexible as a part-time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hard labor
Always a positive workplace
Level six cook, lower manager (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 21, 2017
In and out burger was a fun and very educating job while I work there I worked myself up to be coming lower level manager. They also took care of their employees
Great Environment
Level 3 Associate (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 20, 2017
In N Out is honestly the best job I've had. They are truly flexible with your hours, especially for students. They're very supportive and encouraging.
Pros
Free Lunches, Family Environment, Very Positive
Cons
Excellent place to work at with great people and fast paced
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 20, 2017
in my experiences i loved working here and having the opportunity of being an INO associate. You learn so much working here and if you like being on your toes 24/7 while maintaining excellent customer service this is the place to be. Working here with my team felt like family my experience with INO is unforgettable.
Fun place to work
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 18, 2017
Good place to eat great place to work loved it but not very many hours and the events and company picnic every year for all employees lit! And all the sporting tournaments make it like a family setting
Pros
Great job atmosphere
Cons
Hours short
Fast paced work environment based entirely on customer service and the quality of our products.
Provide customer service (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAJuly 17, 2017
Working at In N Out Burger has been an overall great experience. I have been able to move up fast in the short year that I've been working there. In N Out teachers you to be passionate about the quality of their products. Great customer service is key anywhere and is something that In N Out lives by.
Pros
flexible hours, great associates
Cons
management
IN-N-OUT is a fast paced job. However if you get the hang of it, it'll be definitely a fun time.
level three associate to serve guests (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 16, 2017
IN-N-OUT has been one of the most exciting jobs that I have ever worked. The pay is nice, however the hours can be very disappointing . Other than that, the environment, people and the customers are all very nice.
Pros
pay
Cons
short hours, short breaks
good vibe and fast paced job
Cashier and Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJuly 15, 2017
everyday is a busy day, but you learn how to deal handle customers. the management is really amazing they work with your scheduled and also want the best for you. hardest part is the rush of people and having to deal with hungry people or groups and the most enjoyable time is communicating with the staff and community.
Pros
free lunch
fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 15, 2017
Fast paced, competitive but fun work place with a team atmosphere. Managers are understanding and always willing to help. Great benefits and good pay for the work.
Secure job for students
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAJuly 15, 2017
Always fast paced and it helps make time seem to move more quickly. Working there was a lot of fun and very enjoyable, the uniform was a bit goofy though, and you weren't allowed to have any piercings beyond one set in your ears.
Pros
Free lunch everyday!
Cons
Strict appearance guidelines
In-N-Out Burger
Cashier (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXJuly 14, 2017
Best job I've ever had in my life. So sad to have had to leave. Managers are great and the company is a great company to work for.
Super clean and ALWAYS friendly.
exception and great quality service all around
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2017
in n out burger is an outstanding foundation. they take care of their employees and include many benefits. they care about the quality of their food and service. they are enjoyable people always cheerful, really enjoyable and environment to learn about a business and great experience with customer service.
Very Productive and a little bit too hostel
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 14, 2017
In my experience, In n Out was a good first job, but I didn't think people were going to be so rude for making a simple mistake such as spilling the shake machine, or not putting whether they wanted onions or not. I enjoyed the times when the other associates made me feel welcome, and I didn't enjoy the times I was picked on because my hat was covering my eyebrows, having "too big" eyebrows. It was little things I got picked on for, but I wasn't up for it, I was making good money but the work environment was a little too much for me.
Pros
Free Burgers
Cons
Bad work environment
In N Out Burger
Level 5 Associate/board person (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 13, 2017
Working at in n out was a very good learning experience, it was a good place to learn how fast pace atmosphere works and how to keep up with the pace. It also taught me how to be a more of a better worker and how to give better customer service with a smile. As a Level 5 associate you work the board which assist the grill person who is a level 6 or a manager. I also trained in the new dinning room person and cashiers, pay window and drive window and fries. Which help expand my training skill as an up coming level 6.
Pros
good customer service
Cons
hard working
Intersting, fast paced environment with great coworkers
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAJuly 12, 2017
Days can be very stressful at work but at the end of the day each and everyone of the associates care about each other and always look out for one another. Can be tough but any job is, great place to work!
Productive And Fun
Level 3 Associate (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 12, 2017
Every day I attend Work, everyone is always in good spirits. Fast paced understanding crew and management. Customers are always please with our service. Always coming back.
Pros
Free Lunches, Understanding Management, and Hardworking crew.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3