In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

fun and hard work
Customer service (Former Employee), Scottsdale, azAugust 25, 2015
worked there in my senior year high school and my first few years of college as part timer, great food, good pay but very hard work, but helped me get through the month and pay my bills
Great workplace, awesome environment
Assist in leading (Former Employee), Hacienda Heights, CAAugust 25, 2015
Great place to work at, awesome benefits, great people and wonderful advancement opportunities.
The past six years have gone so fast with this company, my manager who hired me is one of the best I have ever worked for. She is very helpful and helps all of her associates. This company helped me grow as a person from the way I had to work down to the people I met along the way.
great first job
Associate (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: 1 free meal only on work day
Cons: 1 short 10 minute break within a 6 hour period.
In-n-out is a great first job as one is in high school/college
I learned how to be a great team player
how to communicate to other co workers in a fast paced environment
co workers were great for the most part
Amazing Job
Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix AZAugust 21, 2015
In n Out is an amazing company to work for! They really know how to take care of their associates. The job comes with many benefits, and I enjoy the people that I work with. It was the perfect first job for me!
Great, Family-like atmosphere
Associate (Former Employee), Pomona, CAAugust 20, 2015
I can't think of enough good things to say about this company. Everyone from management to other associates treats you like family. The work is fast and stressful but always goes by quick because of the enjoyable atmosphere.
busy and fun place to work at
associate work resposibilites are cashier, cook (Former Employee), Baldwin Park, CAAugust 19, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Customer service being number 1 and keeping customer happy being our main focus. The most enjoyable part of my job was satisfying customers on a daily basis with our great service and food.
Fast paced and fun place to work
Level 6 associate/ cook (Current Employee), Sparks, NVAugust 19, 2015
I love working at In N Out Burger. The customer service skills they teach you could be applied to every aspect of your life. They have awesome benefits and are very flexible with scheduling. I have learned so much from In N Our Burger and how great employers treat their employees and that is why I have worked there for 10 years now. Amazing company and amazing high quality standards!
Fun Place to work
Associate (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Works with Your Schedule
It is fast paced. It keeps you active and alert. The typical Day includes handling about 500 burgers. The Management allows you to have your break at a reasonable time. and they get to know you.
Fast paced and team oriented work environment
Associate- Level 6 (Current Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 17, 2015
If you like to work hard, and work with a team, In- N- Out may be the perfect choice for you.
On the standard day you get to interact with many young adults that enjoy smiling and working extremely hard, meanwhile maintaining a smile, and a drive to produce the best burger in the business.
The management at In-N-Out is well trained, and very consistent. The store managers vary in their preferences, but the lower managers are very helpful and hard working.
The most difficult part of the job, is maintaining stamina. This job will put some miles on your feet, and definitely produce some sweat.
There is nothing more satisfying than making the customer happy and giving them a product they are going to love. I feel that the best part of the job however, is making it through the day knowing that you worked your heart out, and gave it your all.
This job has helped me learn interpersonal skills amongst co-workers, and also given me the tools needed to work in a team oriented atmosphere. Managing others when things were hectic was also a skill I learned over the years. Just simple directions that help the flow of business can make a huge difference, and I discovered how to do that successfully. Furthermore, this is the ultimate team, and working together is probably the most valuable thing I took away from this job.
Productive and fun workplace with great coworkers
Store Associate (Current Employee), 39697 Avenuda Acacias Murrieta, CAAugust 12, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management.
Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop.
Great events outside of work that keep you motivated.
Okay job
Store Associate, Level 3 (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Free Burger and French Fries every day, nice coworkers, great customers, learned a lot about customer service.
Cons: Short Breaks, not great benefits unless full-time
In my opinion, you're judged if you don't act exactly the way they want to, there's no room to grow or show your own way of interacting with customers; you're a robot.
More about numbers than personal growth or development.
Extremely hard to get past a certain point in your career.
Work Life
Supervisor or Manager is absent (Current Employee), Los AngelesAugust 9, 2015
Fast-paced environment with poor personality skills amongst the management team. Always have to have an eye for detail and never let the little things get away. This job requires a lot of multitasking and no cutting corners when working any position.
College atmosphere job
Level 6 (Current Employee), Upland, CAAugust 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches, parties and incentives
Cons: busy
Great place to work, great people, great company. Hard work but manageable considering the amount of demand the work entitles.
Good place to work and the experience that comes with it.
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee), Canoga Park, CAAugust 6, 2015
My day starts with the coordination of other employees to complete a job that includes cleaning, providing, and maintaining high standards of work ethics.
Enjoyable, fast and fun place to work at.
COOK (Current Employee), los angeles, californiaAugust 2, 2015
This job is very flexible with your hours and pays very well. Great environment and everyone is very friendly with a positive attitude. Fast paced environment and always on your feet. Opportunities to move up and make it a career. Overall it is a great job to have as a first job.
Amazing company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Placentia, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: free meals, great pay
Cons: none
I would not say enough good things about this company! I have worked here since I was sixteen years old. This was my very first job, and has stuck with me throughout high school and college. They are extremely flexible with school schedules and really take care of their employees. I've worked my way up to the top, the highest level before management. Being an assistant manager has taught me a variety of things--especially leadership skills and how to handle all kinds of different situations.
Great start ad Culture
Level 6 (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Lunch, synergy, benefits, advancement
Cons: short breaks, no real vacation time, schedule
Arizona stores are terrible for many reasons. California In n out stores retain the culture that was set by owners and synergy is through the roof! The compassionate managemnet is how all business should be represented and the list goes on. Benefits are at the top of the all industries I work for and the most hilarious part is that it was a fast food joint that ranked #1 in my life so far.
Hard shift work
Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Eat free each day you work; High pay for no previous job requirements
Cons: Shift work; smell like food at the end of a day.
Hours are not great. Schedule rotates. Management works hard to work around schedules. Other employees are fun to work with. Good hiring practices and opportunities to work in other markets over time.
fun environment
Associate (Former Employee), studio cityJuly 25, 2015
it was a great experience high volume job but I've grown a lot because of the company and great benefits with the help of returning customer service
Fast-paced and fun environment
Stocker / Store associate (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Free meal on every shift
Cons: Limited opportunites of advancement
Start at 6 am. every day and work till about 12. Throughout my two year experience I gained a lot of knowledge about customer service, fast-paced multi-tasking, and highly detailed cleaning and stocking procedures. Half of my day would be without a manager present, and the other half I was accompanied by a total of about 8 associates with a single manager. I and two other people in my position were the only associates besides the managers to have a store key in order to gain access to the building during the early morning. The hardest part of my job was simply moving around my fellow associates to ensure all items were stocked properly and cleanliness procedures were followed through with. The most enjoyable part was working alongside a crew of uplifting individuals who kept the store environment friendly.